• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Any1 mind tellin me who the last 8 teams are in winners finals?

Not only that but they need to stop worrying about streaming and just show the most hype matches n jus make sure you record everything else.

:sonic:

Good luck.

But srsly some1 tell me if M2K and Anti beat Nientendo n his teammate? cuz apparently Ally n Dojo lost to KKr & Otari

Atlus8

Smash Master
So in round 1 pools

I beat Cyrain, go 3-1 and still don't make it out due to tiebreakers.

Eff top 2 out.

Edit: I hate jigglypuff to0

Edit 2: I still feel like I'm still in loser's, since I only lost in 1 set.
People are going to get screwed because of the round robin format! I would have preferred bracket format done for pools since people don't get screwed over as easily AND the tournament can be done much faster! 1400+ entrants for AE at EVO and they still manage to get to top 8 on day 1!

Edit - Seriously, 1 set lost and still not making it out is some pretty dumb stuff! Never seen that actually!

Atlus8

Smash Master
No, bracket IN pools instead of the round robin for pools! At EVO, every pool was a 16 man bracket and top two advance! One in winners and one in losers!

Edit - Every pools is pretty much a small tournament!

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Once again only friendlies on the stream. I guess I thought that this stream would be done better than the typical smash stream.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...not smash, just the TOs.....but even then, i thought the apex staff for smash wasnt involved with the other fighters at all!? that they had ppl hired to run their own games? not having a mic isnt a legit excuss :/.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I like Pierce...

But I hate his commentary right now...so elitist, ragging on newer players, and constantly saying "why didn't player do x or y."

Gettiing pretty annoying, and makes our community look bad to others.

Get Coney and TKO up there.

*CT*

Smash Lord
So I was reading some tweets by Noel Brown and they have me a little depressed. I think this tourney could end up damaging Smash's reputation as much as helping it. :urg:
Its more like the TO's name and staff would be hurt more so and for not having a mic is really no excuse, because this thing has been planned for the longest time,no?

Yeah Pierce is starting to get annoying after a few hours of hearing him.

EDIT: Has the Brawl dubs bracket been updated at all?

Djent

Smash Champion
Jebailey was the only one (sort of) defending Smash, JWong apparently thinks we're all 12-16 and don't respect other games. :glare:

EDIT: I didn't read his responses to Noel as directed specifically at the TOs, but perhaps I was wrong

Tesh

Smash Hero
Keep Pierce muted, get someone who isn't a douche to commentate for the finals on Sunday.

Djent

Smash Champion
So Brawl R2 pools are now Sunday ... I knew today would run behind, but wow. I just hope all the competitors can get enough sleep to not play ****ty. :(

Tesh

Smash Hero
Please please do not let Pierce back on the stream tomorrow. No one wants to hear his smug trash talk while watching r2 pools or finals. He isn't good at commentary at all. He is bad at the game and was bad at the game even when he did play. He is horribly unprofessional and makes the community look bad.

*CT*

Smash Lord
So what's left is 64 Bracket Melee, finishing dubs, Brawl dubs, R2 pools and Brawl Bracket, along with Top 4/8 of the other fighting games, seems like a bit much to run in one day.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
So Brawl R2 pools are now Sunday ... I knew today would run behind, but wow. I just hope all the competitors can get enough sleep to not play ****ty. :(
I don't believe that. One way or another I'm convinced they'll finish round 2 pools tonight(I wouldn't be surprised if they are already done). What worries me now is that both melee and brawl brackets have been pushed back to Sunday. Will either of them be streamed?

How do they screw of the schedule two days in a row? This may sound awful disrespectful but it kinda feels like all the work into planning for the event, and that same craft is missing from the actual running of the event.

Tink

Smash Hero
the more interesting thing will be the desicion of which to stream ://....melee/brawl are gonna have to run at the same time....and there likely wont be 2 streams with how bad the quality was already with 2(sf/brawl).

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Please please do not let Pierce back on the stream tomorrow. No one wants to hear his smug trash talk while watching r2 pools or finals. He isn't good at commentary at all. He is bad at the game and was bad at the game even when he did play. He is horribly unprofessional and makes the community look bad.
this^

10this

Merkuri

Smash Lord
the more interesting thing will be the desicion of which to stream ://....melee/brawl are gonna have to run at the same time....and there likely wont be 2 streams with how bad the quality was already with 2(sf/brawl).
If it comes between streaming brawl or melee, I'm pretty sure they'll end up streaming brawl. It's the bigger event here.

I don't think the quality was that bad tbh, I think they could(should) stream both brackets at one. Really what I'd l like them to do is just **** the whole FGC and stream melee bracket and then brawl bracket, and if they have time to stream SF4/UMVC then great, and if not then too bad. When things get tough at Apex we should sacrifice the FGC for Smash, it's only right.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Biggest Brawl tourney since it's release...... And I'm not here....

*CT*

Smash Lord
Melee Bracket streams while R2 Brawl plays it out, then Brawl gets the stream when they do bracket....I'm pretty sure that would be the most logical way of doing it. As for WF,LF and GF and dubs, I have no clue how they could stream both events at once unless they do compromise the FGC's stream.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Looks sadly like another big TO thought too big and his event collapsed upon itself.

I expect alot of people will be DQed ridiculously fast resulting in absurd results OR the event will have to finish monday morning in a series of hotel rooms.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i hope they stream as much as of melee singles as they can

im a brawl player but really the only ones id like to see are japanese players vs anyone matches lol

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
After all this is done, I would like for there to be a topic explaining how everything got delayed from the TOs' perspective.

That way at the very least the players and the TOs can reach an understanding by seeing both sides.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
But weren't they already playing brawl round2 pools when they ended the stream? If that's the case then I think it's safe to assumed that they are finishing/finished round2 pools tonight. At this point I think the only way to stream both brackets is to compromise the FGC stream, and I'm all for that. This is a smash event with FGC games on the side. There is nothing equal about this.

Tesh

Smash Hero
He announces that Brawl pools r2 will be tomorrow at 9e. Pretty obvious considering Melee didn't even get to bracket on Friday.

If they actually got things organized so that only the most hype things were on stream, I would have to expect there is some way to put a Melee setup and a Brawl setup on stream and just switch inputs if you have 2 wiis. Highly doubt it tho.

L__

Smash Master
shoutouts to the $1 tournament in room 248

amazingly run tournament with great staff and great matches to watch

Merkuri

Smash Lord
He announces that Brawl pools r2 will be tomorrow at 9e. Pretty obvious considering Melee didn't even get to bracket on Friday.

If they actually got things organized so that only the most hype things were on stream, I would have to expect there is some way to put a Melee setup and a Brawl setup on stream and just switch inputs if you have 2 wiis. Highly doubt it tho.
Wow, I didn't realize things were so bad. 9AM is the same time they intend on playing out melee bracket, so something is going to have to not be on the stream. Hopefully they will stream melee bracket in the morning(they're gonna have to be efficient) and then stream brawl bracket in the evening. Let's hope for the best.

The fighting game stream? bifuteki won't even be there tomorrow. 8wayrun is the only stream on Sunday.

Alex will figure it out.
What on earth gives you faith in Alex Strife or the Apex Staff at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom