• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Alright, first tournament I ever been to, let's do this

Vorosh - thank you so much for everything without you none of this would have been possible thank you so so so much.

Hungrybox - good **** on winning, you HAVE to make the pic you took of my shirt your smashboards avatar.

M2K - nice to finally play and meet you, you could win it's just that ****ing puff, and we all know it.

Zhu - I love you so much, my favorite Falco, so nice and funny, I hope to play you again someday.

Colbol - Love you, your my boyfriend, you were supposed to win Apex so we could go to the bahamas I think ya should of teamed with Jman

Jman - best fox in the world hands down, nice to finally meet you.

Hax$ - I didn't get to play you but you played my little brother (Matt$) thanks so much for being so nice to him man, he really looks up to you, you guys were having so much fun playing Falcon ditto's. Thank you so much, I hope to play you someday <3

Raynex - OMG you ****, your soooo nice, thanks for playing me man, your one of my favorites <3

Eggm - Didn't get to play you, but your just soooo gooooooood.

Chain-Ace - Nice to finally meet you, loved playing Falco ditto's good matches, I'll be watching your vids on youtube <3

No Ca$h - I love you man, you feel like another brotha, love your Marth, with I.B helping you your gonna get sooo good. Your moonwalks are sexy.

Ranmaru - I like your Doc, but if ya wanna switch mains go ahead, your a good smart player I'm sure you could main anyone with practice.

Aici - Nice meeting you, hope you train and get better :D

Prog - Loved playing your falcon, and love your videos. Your funny and nice as hell man, nice meeting you.

DrPP - you vs Armada was the closest thing ever, I really thought you were gonna get destroyed but it was soooo close. Good job placing as well as you did, I really need to watch my PP videos.

Cactuar - Still didn't get to play you, I really need to, No Ca$h talks about you like crazy, your so good. Glad you came....to the tournament.

Shiz/PC/Chops/PP - best Falco's ever, didn't get to play any of you =/ hopefully next time.

Aniloas - me and my friends think you look like Kevin from Ed edd and eddy.

Smasher89 - your IC's are awesome.

ARMADA! - I was in your pool got *****, thank you for being so nice to meet and my little brother Matt I was rooting for you since the beginning. <3 <3 <3 <3

TheLake - best Zelda in the world, you need to play Cosmo.

Kage - You cheat, seriously, your too good at powersheilding. Love ya, nice meeting the warrior <3

ChivalRuse - Nice meeting ya, you messed me up in pools, your IC's are good, hope to play ya again sometime.

I.B - omg, your Marth is just so amazing, you were so nice to me and No Ca$h, thank you so much for playing us.

Nando - I keep hearing about you, I hear that you have only been playing since september, I DO NOT BELEIVE THAT. You are so insane, and the smash community really needs to watch out for you. Good games.

IrishMafia - Your Peach is insane, floatcanceling is beast. I got ***** by you, nice meeting you man <3

Guru - I love your Sheik, and I will never say those words again, nice meeting you, leep it up <3

PB&J - Nice to finally play you, GODDAM your fox is so fast and technical. Awesome controllers btw, thanks for the advice, hope to meet you again.

Axe - omg you are so cool and nice thanks for being so cool to me and my lil bro, your Pikachu is soooo ****ING good. I cannot believe you beat Armada, that is legendary. You made everyone in the room drop everything and watch, and , you should of won best combo video 09.

This was my first tourney, nice meeting and playing everyone, I will get better <3

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Lol, you've only been here for videogame tournaments.

Silly Plank
nope... my ex gf grew up in nj and had family there. we spent lots of time there. i really just hate the state and never have a good experience when i go there, ever.

im glad everyone had a good time. i wanted to be able to get lots and lots of friendlies in at this and be able to do well but TOing comes first and im glad **** got done so everyone could have a good time and get home at a decent hour.

i was glad to help as always alex, and thanks to the people who helped ME a lot like (hat, alukard, vgbootcamp guys you were awesome here, etc).

i hope everyone can make it to pound 5, as it will be the last tournament i am ever hosting and by farrrr the best.

ggs to everyone i played, sorry i couldnt play to my potential at all during the weekend. i blame new jersey. i always do ****ty there. LOL :)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
nope... my ex gf grew up in nj and had family there. we spent lots of time there. i really just hate the state and never have a good experience when i go there, ever.

im glad everyone had a good time. i wanted to be able to get lots and lots of friendlies in at this and be able to do well but TOing comes first and im glad **** got done so everyone could have a good time and get home at a decent hour.

i was glad to help as always alex, and thanks to the people who helped ME a lot like (hat, alukard, vgbootcamp guys you were awesome here, etc).

i hope everyone can make it to pound 5, as it will be the last tournament i am ever hosting and by farrrr the best.

ggs to everyone i played, sorry i couldnt play to my potential at all during the weekend. i blame new jersey. i always do ****ty there. LOL :)
Last ever eh? Looks like were in the same boat after all. Cataclysm V will also be my last Major event that I organize.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Poor Plank =/ lol I guess I won't ask you to come to Saffron next time we have one :(

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
everyone was ****, loved this event

except brawl announcers

**** you guys, seriously, stop threatening DQ's every 4 minutes, expecially when M2K is ****ing playing armada dont be over the PA system telling how youll DQ him if he doesnt show

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yeah, the way threats were being thrown out was childish. Geez, someone can't go downstairs to grab a drink of water, because the people on the PA are threatening to cut off their left testicle or something if they don't show up to such and such table within 10 seconds...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
**** you guys, seriously, stop threatening DQ's every 4 minutes, expecially when M2K is ****ing playing armada dont be over the PA system telling how youll DQ him if he doesnt show
well when you run all the events at the exact same time and have poor communication between the two rooms, there isnt really much that can be done beyond that. A better system was definitely needed for finding players who were playing in both games, but i couldn't really think of one on the spot.

also we cant be expected to know what 500 people are doing at any given time. it gets annoying but what is more annoying than that is when tournaments don't finish at all because nothing is enforced at all. (i.e melee doubles)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah, i was really sick on friday or i would've helped run those a lot more than i did :p

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah its whatever saturday/sunday raaaaaaaaped. My only complaints were that I had to pack and consume like 9 water bottles both days cause it was so hot on the melee side and the brawl room was super extra comfy and that i finished my 1st round of singles pools like 6 hours before i got to play my 2nd round pools while i was a little tired, but whatever i got 2nd seed and pp woulda ***** me either way. xD

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys...

I need the japanese housed for 1-2 days starting today. They are at smurfs...can anyone help!!!!!!!!!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
sounds about right i mean why are falcon mains the most liked smashers? or at the very least always have a crowd behind them its cause falcon is flashy no matter what he does lol

Hahaha true, it's so true.

I beat people better than me at Melee in sets/matches by being gay and playing like Brawl.

Melee players should camp more. It's a more dominant than attacking.
I just try to be mobile enough... I'm aggro but I camp if I need to, like against a jiggs. I will camp the **** out of her. Then punch.

the old Pink Shinobi before he started camping and played EXTREMELY technical was just as entertaining as Armada imo. His shield pressure was/is amazing. I have no idea why he camps now.
Maybe he's trying to get serious.

^ this guy is trollin and sum1s on his acc dont worry about it

loooool

this tourney = sucks for those who were just livestream monsters, yall missed amazing historic moments
Yeah I'm so glad I was there.

everyone i talked to, pm/message me your AIMs and i'll add them once i get AIM and make an account. lol. (msn would work too)

this tournament was so good.

wtf? i didn't even know crews happened! i definitely would have cheered you on for that.

Like you mean the people you played? In that case I'll give you mine if you'd like. : D I was the doc in your pools.
results thread...i need that in my life

before I forget all my shoutouts
lol use notepad. Then copy+paste.

Ranmaru - I like your Doc, but if ya wanna switch mains go ahead, your a good smart player I'm sure you could main anyone with practice.
Thanks, I like my doc too.. Actually he'd still be my main, others I'd like to practice would simply be secondaries. I'd pick jiggs and falcon because they can be GOOD and are fun to play as. : ]

Rickety

Peace and Love
My smash hero's last tournament?

Eep! Is this true?

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I never went to any of your tournaments!

I shall try my hardest to make it to the next one, then! <3 <3

Hi, Plank! <3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also to Gnes, I was playing some random brawl friendlies, while you were battling San. I in my head was rooting for you, since I also main Diddy Kong. You did really good, hope you do better next time. : D

lord karn

Smash Master
this tournament was amazing. I had so much fun and definitely played better than I ever have. I'm kind of upset wobbling wasn't banned. I think I would have made it out of my first pool if it was. oh well

Also, the brawl announcers were definitely annoying. It's mainly that they were just way too loud and it interrupted play a lot.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

Eep! Is this true?

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I never went to any of your tournaments!

I shall try my hardest to make it to the next one, then! <3 <3

Hi, Plank! <3
hahaha yea. and that would be cool, maybe you can beat azen again. lol

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So um, for those who brought their Wii's to the tournament. Did any of you happen to see a HRC replay of a Jigglypuff dancing for 10 seconds?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
oh no sorry I'll link you, AWAL. I just don't want to spead the link everywhere since my friend may probably upload the matches if VGBootcamp is unable to. Plus there's people who will rip matches from the stream and upload as their own. Eh I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, but I'll link those that ask me.
THANX DUDE!! Nah i jus don't want pple 2 bombard U cuz I kno how it is doin favors 4 pple. U do sumthin 4 1 person n next thing U kno every1 want favors

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I regret not going to Apex now. It sounded like so much **** fun. So many things happened that'll basically be going down in the history of Smash. It would've been awesome to witness it all in person.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I regret not going to Apex now. It sounded like so much **** fun. So many things happened that'll basically be going down in the history of Smash. It would've been awesome to witness it all in person.
Yeah, you might be mad cuz I was there, but just playing friendlies. I stood to watch like wtf is the commotion lol. Oh Axe xD. But yeah... It's hard to decide (Should I get more player experience by playing more friendlies, or maybe learn something I wouldn't by watching these matches, meaning NOT playing)

BEES

Smash Lord
yea they are different between them, but entertaining? no

subject to opinion but im sure majority will agree that it isn't
King's Puff is very fun to watch. It's completely 100% different from Hbox. It's like watching 64 Puff.

I'll admit I don't see how Puff dittos could ever be interesting, but Puff isn't the only character that has bland dittos.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
overgeneralization:

hbox - bair
mango - fair
king - nair

these seem to be their respective favorite moves. i've only seen a few king vids, and as a ganon main, i haven't really picked apart each jiggs. but hbox seems to value bair over the others, although lately i've seen him fair more, making him more interesting to watch to me. mango primarily seems to approach more with fair, taking up space for longer amounts of time to put pressure on while still keeping a decent distance. king seems to nair more than either of the other two jiggs, giving a very direct and combo potential, but also very risky since its spacing is based on nairs own priority than its outspacing of other moves.

...just my personal views.

i haven't watched any darc vids since i've become more analytical, so idk what kind of aerial he favors. he might even own the grown game with utilts, i have no idea lol.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
I would like to thank everyone at Apex especially the TOs, this was me and Che_lab's first tournament that we traveled for. We had an amazing time and hope to see you all next year. GGs to all

Palpi

Smash Hero
Good friendlies DaemonFang, sorry for playing bad and acting all sad lulzlulz. Can't wait for an experience like this again.

So I guess florida really does need that MLG frame lag huh?

i joke i joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom