• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
everyone i talked to, pm/message me your AIMs and i'll add them once i get AIM and make an account. lol. (msn would work too)

this tournament was so good.

I heard all the Japanese players cried. That's pretty cool, though. I don't think any of the Canadians cried when I took out Shiz in crews, lol. In fact, Toronto wasn't even watching! Lol. Loads of fun, shoutoutz to come in results thread!
wtf? i didn't even know crews happened! i definitely would have cheered you on for that.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i just spent 3 entire days in the state of new jersey

consequently, i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO drunk right now back at home.

new jersey is the worst state in the US, and i will never go to another nj tourney. no offense alex strife, but the state just forgot to implement anything making it decent

Two-Ell

Smash Master
we need the official results thread. im just busting at the seams to see all the shoutouts/comments

i also need m2k vs brood on youtube, with the commentary in the background, since i missed it (lol 9:30pm flight)
GDX if you IM me I can link you an entire recording of the M2K vs. Brood set with commentary.

Shift

Smash Journeyman

new jersey is the worst state in the US, and i will never go to another nj tourney. no offense alex strife, but the state just forgot to implement anything making it decent
Only thing to come out of New Jersey is "The Jersey Shore". My God, that show is absolutely amazing. I haven't been to a NJ tournament but I've never liked New Jersey as a state. You could very well be trollin' right now in your drunk state of mind.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Just got in. Shouts to all my *****s when I'm less high. Best ****ing tournament ever though, had a blast!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

LMFAO

<3 Plank

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
LMAO at a brawl set with a timeout being the best set in the history of smash
stop kidding yourselves brawlers

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
the old Pink Shinobi before he started camping and played EXTREMELY technical was just as entertaining as Armada imo. His shield pressure was/is amazing. I have no idea why he camps now.
I don't think PS was anywhere near Armada in terms of entertainment LOL. I think we just had much lower standards back then.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i wish i had the energy to read all these posts ... because sooo much happened and i probably wont know about certain amazing stories ... but i definitely enjoyed myself at this tournament ... tristates melee pulse is beating harder then ever!

PS alex's hotel room... so fun and amazing!

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
to everyone i met or played - im the alaskan fox, feel free to add me on msn (che_lab@hotmail.com)

tournament was amazing, definitely worth the trip. the heat on the other hand....

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Amazing tourney, seriously one of my favourite times ever.

I just wish it didn't end on such a down note for me when i went to start packing my **** up and found one of my TVs missing.

Still though. Amazing tourney, great job pulling it all together to everyone involved. And to all the smashers who were amazingly chill.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
oh no sorry I'll link you, AWAL. I just don't want to spead the link everywhere since my friend may probably upload the matches if VGBootcamp is unable to. Plus there's people who will rip matches from the stream and upload as their own. Eh I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, but I'll link those that ask me.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
LMAO at a brawl set with a timeout being the best set in the history of smash
stop kidding yourselves brawlers
Yeah? Explain the views that Brawl got over Melee in all the hype that went down.

Suck it. You...er...Melee-er....

The pressure of gaining a lead as time is ticking away in such a highly anticipated moment is something easily understood as exciting.

Disclaimer: I play Melee & Brawl.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Yeah? Explain the views that Brawl got over Melee in all the hype that went down.

Suck it. You...er...Melee-er....

The pressure of gaining a lead as time is ticking away in such a highly anticipated moment is something easily understood as exciting.

Disclaimer: I play Melee & Brawl.
you honestly think it was the best set in the history of smash?
also how many views did brawl get. sorry i don't think you proved that as the best set in history, you simply said when the clock gets run down that it's intense at the very end

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
iight this tourny was so beast and there's way too much **** to talk about so just accept the shout outs u get!! ;)

the first thing that must be commented on is the massive amounts of destruction that took place over the weekend at the venue/hotel/streets of nj/gwip etc

axe - upset master!! takin out spacies left and right. good ****ing ****

hbox - good job getting 1st but if u didn't u woulda been TEARING ME APART!! ;)

IB (aka I-Bama) - tight marf dittos. i'm gona start marth dittoing every time now. thanx for the inspiration

mango - stop gettin wasted at tournys and throwing money away and settin a bad example for your peers. das so high school and milktea doesn't think it's cool or becoming of a young adult. DIIIPPP!!!!

lucky - "yo u seen my set bs chillen........ (wait for joey to say something) DESTRUCTION!!!" LMAO int he gwip

jman/hax - dont be tight son. it's all good. we all just need to play more and get back to the top. BEAST COAST!! u guys did just fine

tope - feel bad about pools and u would done a much better job than me in bracket :'(

cyrain - DESTRUCTION!! god dam. sad i didn't even play u once the whole weekend. but w'll get it in soon. i can feel it... no homo... destruction

Dr. PP - DESTRUTION AGAIN!! awesome play style. thats exactly how i want my falco to be. and ur too nice. i cant even **** talk u anymore. keep it up son! and i'll take a picture of that thing some day and tag u in it. haha

yeayuz - **** YOU *****!! 100 dollar money match next time i see u. and i thought ya chick was banging. yea i said it. and what?! ;)

mango (again) - ur so far ahead of everyone else its ridiculous... i'd **** ya **** though. lets go ;)

plank - omg the **** talk was god like. md/va is right behind tristate with the trash talk

nicole (aka mrs brawl) - nothing but straight sexyness. yea i said it again. ladys hit me up gordon connell, facebook ;)

chillendude - TIGHT BATTLE!! sad that my falco couldn't get the job done but good stuff. def underestimated ur game and play style. good stuff ;)

crismas - nice shirt ;)

chibo - im actually now finishing my snapple teezy from the hotel. lol

m2k - u didnt win but u played well. im proud of u. just stop doing stupid **** when ur losing O_o

iight thats all i can remember right now. this is the biggest shout out list i have ever done. obviously thanx to alex strife for the great turn out and gettin all those international there. i'm out. waiting for mango/lucky smelly ***** to get out the shower already. hope dey aint use up all the hot water or i'ma be tight

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
you honestly think it was the best set in the history of smash?
also how many views did brawl get. sorry i don't think you proved that as the best set in history, you simply said when the clock gets run down that it's intense at the very end
I'm sorry. Did I say, anywhere at all, that I thought it was the best set in the history of Smash?

The title of best set in the history of Smash is subjective, and always will be. It's just a piss-off that people like you get on your high horse when someone has an opinion that's different from yours (right or wrong, it's an opinion) and you think, "lol, silly brawlers. timing out is a good set?"

Like the Brawl community is full of rejects.

There is more to a match then planking, timing out, or anything of the sort. Emotion plays a factor into ANY game. And this was a Japanese player up against the world's best Brawl player. Near-undisputed as well. Regardless of what happened, that's hype in of itself and warrants a place in Smashers' hearts as a memorable set.

If I recall, Brawl received well over 2,000 views at one point. If someone can back me up on this one. But that doesn't matter.

Some think it's awesome. Some think it wasn't the best. It doesn't matter in the end so stop lumping Brawl players into some kind of idiotic group who can't tell what a good set is or not.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
What was the hack they had on the Brawl stream Wii where it autosaves replays? I think that could be useful although it could be annoying.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I wanna see Nietono come here next time. XD Or America/Canada takes a trip to Japan to play by their rules for something epic. That'd be something to see!

[EDIT]

... wonder if Aniki still plays. Melee, that is. I moved to Ganon but he was my inspiration for Link when I used to main him. It'd be cool to play my Melee Link role model.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry. Did I say, anywhere at all, that I thought it was the best set in the history of Smash?

The title of best set in the history of Smash is subjective, and always will be. It's just a piss-off that people like you get on your high horse when someone has an opinion that's different from yours (right or wrong, it's an opinion) and you think, "lol, silly brawlers. timing out is a good set?"

Like the Brawl community is full of rejects.

There is more to a match then planking, timing out, or anything of the sort. Emotion plays a factor into ANY game. And this was a Japanese player up against the world's best Brawl player. Near-undisputed as well. Regardless of what happened, that's hype in of itself and warrants a place in Smashers' hearts as a memorable set.

If I recall, Brawl received well over 2,000 views at one point. If someone can back me up on this one. But that doesn't matter.

Some think it's awesome. Some think it wasn't the best. It doesn't matter in the end so stop lumping Brawl players into some kind of idiotic group who can't tell what a good set is or not.
someone else said it, that's what my original post was responding to
but time outs are not very entertaining imo
also it was a good set but not the best in history imo that's all i was saying

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
someone else said it, that's what my original post was responding to
but time outs are not very entertaining imo
also it was a good set but not the best in history imo that's all i was saying
And opinions like that are totally fine. They can do without a tone of condescending though. That's the kind of vibe I got from your post.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman

What? you don't like the poop-colored smog looming ominously over the city as you enter? or was it the ****-my-anal-cavity $8+ per pack of ciggz? or severe lack of food/beverage/gas places open past midnight? or the robberz? o.O

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
soul train.
fun stuff ya know..met peoples. this is skip btw..the guy with lots o hair and a nose ring if anyone talked to me or played me or something. eggz made this whole tourney experience hella fun for me lol. shoutouts to blacka allied n eggs, 3 top buds of the night. and lain is mad pimp room 406 was where it was at! =]

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Was going for BROOD, but

Good stuff DEHF, long deserved.

Nice to have someone different winning for once haha

Banks

Smash Hero
One of the best tournaments ever, gg's to everyone i played. i slept so little and played so much, my thumb is ****ed up.

Special early shoutouts to everyone i money matched, played in pools, and brackets. i have no complaints

except that I got recorded turning in zelda by accident during a tournament match. what the f uck

S l o X

Smash Champion
Yo, either Mango needs drinking tips from me (ask the midwest, son, i dont john out on drinking) or he needs to quit being a wuss. Hbox won because Hbox played the best at that tourney. I'm just ****ing glad M2gay didn't take 1st or 2nd in either event. Not hatin on M2gay, but god**** it gets hard to watch the same guy who's really good at gay keep winning. Whoo! Go Japan + Europe!!!
lol"notahater" "m2gay x5"
KAITO!!

I was trying to hard to remember his name but I couldnt think of it, so I just had to say "and a bunch more"

and on the note of melee and camping and janky playstyles...

wasnt jman the highest placin fox main? and isnt he almost guaranteed a money spot at any tourney he goes to? and isnt he NOTORIOUS for being like the campiest fox out there?
and look what happened to him playing campy? he started to play more aggresive TOO late against Axe and ended up losing. If he would've played more aggressive / smart in the beginning then I'm sure J would've pulled thru.
I beat people better than me at Melee in sets/matches by being gay and playing like Brawl.

Melee players should camp more. It's a more dominant than attacking.
**** but refer to Axe v Jman.
-
good **** beast coast and especially maine

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

Lol, you've only been here for videogame tournaments.

Silly Plank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom