• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
So when Brood beat M2k, did a japanese player really cry because he was so proud that one of his own defeated the might king of mewtwos?
I honestly wouldn't doubt it. They're all very proud of each other for getting this far in the tournament. And it's their first visit to the U.S.? Shows their pride when they're surrounded by hundreds of people they can't understand. A lot of people in the stream chat as well as in Apex were looking down at them.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
@Suspect So far you are the Minority but whatever....Good luck in life.

Well, if all the melee player played gay, you'll see fox just laser camp jiggs and win by timeout.

Then melee matches against jiggs will always be done with timeout, and the game would be terrible.
Even better would be going sheik landing a needle then Planking till time ran out.:laugh:

It's impossible for Fox to TO a good Puff though. because he'd always be too close to the edge and end up dead. That and the ruleset wouldn't allow a laser camp fox to beat a Puff. Especially not in best of 5.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Man just got home from apex and i have one thing to say before my huge list of shout outs. But before anything i think most of u know i went in under greyfox86's name cause he couldnt make it. But yea..

God **** what was up with my second round pools? Hell even my first lol. Does chibo despise greyfox that much? Apparently he wasnt supposed to make it out or something. But man i made it out to get stuck in Larry's pool? Thats like tieing an anchor to me and throwing me in the deep end xD

Anywayz yea twas a fun tourney. Sawnik is phun either way. :/ FML in that pool.

Shoutouts later lolz. Rain liked my sonic so thats good enough 4 me i guess 4 now. But i know what i need to work on in the future...but jeez. Dazwa was in my same boat lol. I had nightmares of that pool.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I beat people better than me at Melee in sets/matches by being gay and playing like Brawl.

Melee players should camp more. It's a more dominant than attacking.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
So when Brood beat M2k, did a japanese player really cry because he was so proud that one of his own defeated the might king of mewtwos?
Yes, their goal was to beat M2K and u could really see how proud they were Brood did it, I was right there. Rain even held up Broods hand and said he's #1 now.

Great event, shout outs later, 2 hours till home yay~!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I heard all the Japanese players cried. That's pretty cool, though. I don't think any of the Canadians cried when I took out Shiz in crews, lol. In fact, Toronto wasn't even watching! Lol. Loads of fun, shoutoutz to come in results thread!

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Yes, their goal was to beat M2K and u could really see how proud they were Brood did it, I was right there. Rain even held up Broods hand and said he's #1 now.

Great event, shout outs later, 2 hours till home yay~!
Sounds like something you'd see in a Mighty Ducks movie. Everything is in slow-motion, tears are shed, crowd is going wild. Only thing missing was the dramatic victory music in the end. inb4 "We Are The Champions".

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I beat people better than me at Melee in sets/matches by being gay and playing like Brawl.

Melee players should camp more. It's a more dominant than attacking.
You can't camp your way to first place in melee even if you wanted to. You may get an upset or too but Melee players come to engage in a fight.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Can everyone on SWF who thought the japanese were bad just stfu now?

=)

M2K vs Brood was the best set in the history of Smash. You ****ed up if you weren't here.

I have a ton of videos I'll be uploading later too, including some with the japanese players.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I watched 40 hours of Apex on the livestream and now my eyes are bleeding. Stuff:

-VGBootcamp should really test out their livestreams before putting them up. International viewers had problems (until Dax rescued us with Hotspot), and everyone missed random parts due to crashes.
-Both Tier Lists should be reconsidered after seeing the absolute potential of many characters (Melee: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Zelda, and once again, Peach) (Brawl: Falco (for 3rd?), Olimar, Pit, perhaps Lucario as well).
-Upsets and comebacks were EVERYWHERE in these amazing sets. Apex started off really rocky, but everything today was phenomenal.
-Some people are beyond stupid in the chat.
-Neutral Brawl stages are all you need.
-International players always get underrated and they ****. So far since Genesis, we've had Armada, Ling Ling, Excel_Zero, Amsah, HDL, Eval, Blazing, Overtriforce, Strawhat, Zgetto, Remen, and Gluttony, and today we saw Brood, Earth, Rain, Sweet Pea, Fujita and Suinoko. Still out there are Calle W, Javi, Twin, Dark, Ghost, Star, Machdash, and a ton of Japanese Brawl players (sorry I don't know the names X_X). Our community has a ton of talent still out there.
-M2K knows a ridiculous amount of stuff about the game (Rainbow Cruise with HBox was amazing).
-Longer matches/sets may drag on, but it makes the hype and tension that much more powerful (particularly Brood vs M2K).
-Eggm ***** Canadians, and they all started off super well too (like IB). =(
-M2K and Armada finally had a best of 5 set, and Armada won once again, so that means M2K is still better right?
-Oh god Brawl is a messy for who the top players are now. But that means HYPE!
-Smash is awesome and the future is interesting.

And I can run a ****load of statistics and stuff I noticed, but I won't bore everyone to death since I'm a nobody. :laugh:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

=)

M2K vs Brood was the best set in the history of Brawl. You ****ed up if you weren't here.

I have a ton of videos I'll be uploading later too, including some with the japanese players.
Fixed.

10fixes

White_Mike

Smash Lord

=)

M2K vs Brood was the best set in the history of Smash. You ****ed up if you weren't here.

In the history of Brawl.*

I am not saying that it WAS the best Brawl set ever, just clarifying that you must be talking about Brawl.

There are sets in Melee that Brawl can never touch IMO.

Edit: I was already beaten to the punch lol.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
@haters: I definitely meant the history of Smash. I love and play Melee, but there were Melee players here who agreed with me.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
@haters: I definitely meant the history of Smash. I love and play Melee, but there were Melee players here who agreed with me.
what is so amazing about running away the whole match on rainbow cruise

nonetheless great set

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So, since a few Melee players agreed with you, it's now fact? Come on.
You can't compare Brawl and Melee as spectator games. Don't try, they aren't the same.

And I can easily find Brawl players who found some Melee sets to be better. It doesn't mean much that a few Melee players agreed with you.

Not hating, just giving you a counter-point.

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Right now Brawl's top player is up for grabs. I'd say Larry is the best atm, but **** if M2K won't upgrade his game and start destroying everything again.

Don't pass on Ally either.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
This needs to calm down like asap. With all due respect, this Brood vs M2K set is definately down in the history books of Smash as "ONE OF THE BEST" sets. Even though Brawl & Melee are completely two different games, they both have the equal amount of sets that hype people up to the extremes.

The Taj set with Armada hyped me up so much as well as the Brood/M2K set.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
So, since a few Melee players agreed with you, it's now fact? Come on.
You can't compare Brawl and Melee as spectator games. Don't try, they aren't the same.

And I can easily find Brawl players who found some Melee sets to be better. It doesn't mean much that a few Melee players agreed with you.

Not hating, just giving you a counter-point.
Lmfao @ opinion war

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hungrybox is too good.

Imo, more people need to step it up. Wobbles, Axe, and Dr. PP did it this tournament Hopefully more people make larger strides at the next big tournament. Once Mexican players come up and dominate, there's going to be a whole new slew of hyped matchups.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Ummm...to those of you saying the top player in Brawl is up for grabs right now...

I completely disagree. For awhile now, M2K has been absolutely dominating everyone. This tournament, he was outplayed, yes. But in my mind, M2K is still undoubtably the best at Brawl. It will take a few more tournaments and a few more M2K losses till I am convinced that he is not the game's best. But as far as I'm concerned, he has been quite dominant recently, and should still be considered the game's best player until someone else can consistently step up to what he has been doing.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Styles are different between Hbox and King. If you can't tell that your blind/crazy. It's like comparing Pink Shinobi with Armada in terms of Playstyle. one is clearly way more entertaining.
the old Pink Shinobi before he started camping and played EXTREMELY technical was just as entertaining as Armada imo. His shield pressure was/is amazing. I have no idea why he camps now.

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
Even better would be going sheik landing a needle then Planking till time ran out.:laugh:

It's impossible for Fox to TO a good Puff though. because he'd always be too close to the edge and end up dead. That and the ruleset wouldn't allow a laser camp fox to beat a Puff. Especially not in best of 5.
Camping with laser =/= just shoot lasers.

When a player's mentality focuses on not getting hit, the playing result will be very different from one that that focuses on getting hits in. Therefore, a player with good spacing would ensure enough space and between the two characters and the time to escape enemy's hits.

Don't forget, you only need to be 1% higher than your opponent to win in a match. The result will just be very tedious and tiring.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff TKO and EE with your commentary overall and for Loser's Finals. Also, Coney, Dazwa and Doom were good as well. Both of you did a great job.
Don't forget Pierce! He was a good commentator as well. I was entertained when both he and Coney commentated together. They do work very well together.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
we need the official results thread. im just busting at the seams to see all the shoutouts/comments

i also need m2k vs brood on youtube, with the commentary in the background, since i missed it (lol 9:30pm flight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom