• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/25/09 Gigabits and SilverMineSubs Brawl Tournament #10 An April Brawl

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I wanted a live stream... =(

I wish I could go to this, but I need to spend some time with my niece. =)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I wanted a live stream... =(

I wish I could go to this, but I need to spend some time with my niece. =)
Enjoy your time as an uncle, it is a great feeling.

I have been an uncle since I was 9 years old when my 1st nephew was born, so it prolly was more fun to me than usual since I was more like a friend/brother to them. Now, at 21 years old, with 4 nephews and 2 nieces, I have to take a more responsible approach to them since they are older as well.

Like I said before, enjoy your time with your neice. I wish I could be in New York right now, because one of my nephews is in the hospital with a collapsed lung.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I could've went to this.........I just got a call from my friend telling me that he didn't work today. Thing is he (Thee Incubus a.k.a BionicleBoy, his smashboards name) was scheduled to work today, and after he clocked in, they told him that they didn't need him for the day.

I hate when **** like this happens.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Hey, at least you didnt have to grind on someones **** just to get by...
It was fun and everybody got to do a lot of friendlies

D-torr, lmao @ your sig

Gindler

Smash Champion
Last I heard it was Seibrik + Chops (coming from Winners) vs Galeon + McGriddle (coming from Losers) in Grand finals and
3. Hbox + xYz
4. ???
5. Rx- + HRNut
5. Kei + Gindler

edit: damn you john
Fixed :chuckle:
well that's what the bracket guy said anyway

Surprised how ridiculously not hot it was in gigs. Actually a nice temp

TEECO

Smash Ace
SHOUTOUTS :

KENYU-I love you
Fade- its fun playing your ROB man, you gotta sick one.
ZMT- ggs man,both doubles and singles we played!
Zip- same goes for you man as ZMT. you have to bair a lot more with DDD though
Virg- that was a close match we had. your fox is sweeet. and LOL at the matches you had with my cousin.
SheerMadness- fun matches man. your fox was gooood. show me that kirby next time
xfactor & matabird- good team guys, we gotta play more matches at radix's smashfests.

KENYU

Smash Apprentice
ggs to all! :D

i gotta learn how to not get so nervous during tourny matches... and teeco, we gotta not get DQ'd next time lol >_>

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
This was a low turnout for gigs, but after last month's 7 am event, I didn't expect too many people at this one.

Shoutouts:

Solid Neku: My doubles partner, we need to actually practice some team strategies for next time.
xDeadEndGamex: My boy, sucks you entered last minute and had to face me first. If I didn't play you so much, it could have turned out different. We'll practice more for the next gigs.
Galeon: Beast Lucas. I don't fight him often so I didn't know his f-tilt beats pretty much everything that Mario has. But your spacing was perfect, so that might have been it also.
Aurae: I think I've played you in tourney like 4 times already lol. You'd think I'd know to ban WeeGee's against you. I think I'm so used to banning Frigate, that it just came out automatically. Close matches though, and I'll get you next time.

Everyone else I played, GG's and see you next gigs.

Zip.

Smash Lord
fun tourny, this tourny made me realize ive got alot of work to do lol..and alot of matchups to learn(and my wario sawks..LOL)uh.. anyways..

Shoutouts
ZMT: cant believe we got so far in doubles, i think this is a sign we need to quit wi-fi lolz..anyways good job in placing so good in singles man, cant wait for the next time we team. :D
X Factor: Good ICs, hard matchup for me..lol..cant wait to start seconding ics and thanks for the help.
Wonderbread: nice guy, nice mk(really nongay lolz)its cool how you and MVD come off of wi-fi and **** .also gave me a good reason to quit wi-fi..
Spike: kinda sad that we didnt get to play this time around..but still good job
Mickey:spring d air! lol jk..you made me realize i need alot of practice vs campy sonics(great job tho xD)
MVD: good job ****** me..i'll get you next time lolz
Polmex: also kinda sad we didnt get that friendly, nice meeting you and next time.
Kenyu: good job in doubles with you and TEECO, it was weird to see you playing D3(when i usually see you play DK)
TEECO: nice rob, i need to learn this matchup, good matches tho..so close x]
Chaz: your marth is great..(rarely any spacing errors)you and zmt are really best marths in FL
<3(less than 3): nice sheik(even though we didnt get to finish our match and i didnt use d3..next time tho)
Flatsoda: didnt see you all day till like i was about to leave..xD didnt know you were using mk lolz
Aurae: your lucario is amazing..its weird that i didnt win a match with you till after i faced zmt..
N3xus: nice meeting you, i'll try to make it to the tourny in casselberry on the 16th
Radix: nice meeting you finally, let me know when your smashfests are..chances are i'll be coming alot more since im not playing wi-fi anymore.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
It was fun teaming with Ghaude, mad cool dude!

we lost to nickriddle/galeon and chaz/bonesaw, good matches

gmoney has gotten pretty good at melee, uve got some nice edgeguards, if u work on ur tech chases a lil bit more u'll be beast in no time

edit: i wrote brawl instead of melee, oops

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Good tourney. I played Fox most of the day and had mad fun.

Good job to HRNut for holdin it down with Kirby. Best Kirby in Florida truuu.

I also got the biggest choke of the tourney award. I got 4 grab releases on Ravyn's metaknight on last stock 3rd game when he was over 100% and missed all of them lolololol.

(If Metaknight air releases, a Fox upsmash is guaranteed but I tried running too early all 4 times :mad:)

Finch

Smash Lord
wtf alvin you were there? Why weren't you there when I was :(

Gmoney and Polmex are too **** in teams. I hope you guys go to melee gigs because I want a lot singles friendlies from both of you. Polmex is also really cool irl. Marin or any peach player let's play a million friendlies next time because I really want to learn the matchup with sheik.

I was there for two hours and played melee and then left. Good games everyone I played.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
This tournament wasn't my best performance. I was a little upset with how I did, but this Gigs did turn out well. It was really fun doing friendlies and getting to hang out with everyone. The smashfest after wards at Virg's was too good!

Heres my shoutout list: (No particular order)

Gdx
- Good MM! I shoulda had you, but once again I fell asleep on Mario. Good stuff and your mario is legit!

Hrnut- Good job placing second! Thanx for all the advice and it was cool doing teams at Virg's. Right now its kinda sloppy, but mayb after some practice we can make it work!
Arrow+Mortar Wall is 2 Beast

Gmoney- aka Santruuu
- Very down to earth and laid back. GGs on teams with polmex. Oh yea S&tru is too good!!!

Polmex-
Coolest guy ever at gigs! Ever time we meet your cool rating just goes higher and higher!

Petey- First time I didnt have to play you at a tourney. Im really glad that I didnt have to this time consdiering how well you did today. Congratulations and we had some fun matches against each other on teams. Thanx for only Tornadoing the entire last stock LOL! Too funny

Tony- First time we neva got to play at tourney either LOL! Good seeing you tho.

Gindler- Good job on teams with Kei! Thanx for noticing my DI vs SPAMMY METAS LOL!

Mata & Zyzzx
- GG's! Friendlies were fun. Good seeing you two again!

X-factor- Sorry We didnt get to play. I owe you a match! Your number one on the list!

Virg-
Shyned Polmex to death... enough said LOL! Seriously tho, thanx for holding the smashfest and its good seeing you. I stayed as long as I could and had a really good time.

Teeco & Kenyu & Mowrth-
Good seeing you guys! Thanx for the Rob tips Teeco. Kenyu cool as always & good looking out with letting me know bout my match! And Mowrth is really good for his age!

Zip-
Good seeing you! Sorry we didnt get to play. I owe you some friendlies. Next smashfest for sure!

Wonderbread- Friendlies were too good! Cool azz guy!!! Let me know if your still interested in teaming, if not its all good!

Hungrybox-
It was good seeing you again...thanx for the hug it made my night.

Anyone else I missed Sorry! Its 4am and Im tired as hell. (Mainly metnioned people from the Smashfest) Everyone was mad chill and I had a good time because of you all!

Side Note: My tie is too beast!

Toneh

Smash Lord
yea im not good at remembering everyone lol.
gg's again.
Curious on what place i got at this one.

Oh and the smashfest afterword was fun.
We should always do that if gigs ends early enough.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm upset I loss... but such is life.

Adam, Virg & Tom you suck!

XYZ, Kip, ZMT, Chops, HRNut, Polmex, GMoney, Sebrick, Hbox, Vericz, Spike, Micky, Zoro(even though I didn't even say hi, lol), Sheer, Bam, Awesome lil' kirby main kid who's tag I don't remember :(

Good times see you next time!... well actually probably not... good matches though I'll be stepping up my sheik and getting around my lack of kill.

Lazy shout outs, so sorry If I forgot you. You can punch me in the face or something next time...

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
This Tourney was pretty good for me, I'm proud of how much I have progressed. Can't wait for the next one. Also the Smash Fest at Virg's after Gigs was dam fun. With that said...

SHOUT OUTS!

FlatSoda
- Good Meta, came down to the last stock with our match! Dam Nado (lol)!

SheerMadness
- Friggin awsome Kirby! Look forward to our next fight, sorry about the chain grabs. I still agree with you that IC's don't pose much of a threat for Kirby mains. That win was a fluke for me.

Fearless - A wins, a win. Dam Meta, another close fight for me. Next time I'll be sure to take a a stock with each grab, lol.

TXP - I hope your first tourney was good. Keep playing, and learn your match ups. Hope to see you around more often.

Ravyn - Nice Pit, he's tough to fight. I never liked him anway, lol.

Zip
- Glad you decided to learn climbers. There a lot of hard work, but the rewards are amazing. Shoot me with any questions you have. I'll do my best to answer them, if the IC boards aren't helping you.

Verikz - I think that's how you spell it (sorry for getting it wrong). Good fights, glad I got to play you. Your Snake is tough to get around.

Garbonzo - Good to see more climbers on the mountain bro! :bee:

Mata - We did pretty good in teams, just got to stay off the edge.

Virg
- He's Virg

<3 - Shiek is ... well shiek...

Radix
- Always a pleasure to fight you man.

Gindz
- You to want to pick up climbers... the more the merrier.

Caps - F@g... you didn't go (lol).

Zyzzx
- Read Caps

Kei - It's all peachy, I never get tired of fighting you.

Hrnut - Better watch out, I'm taking IC to the top. By all means, Popo thanks you for sending him home early for dinner...I think Nana was gonna get mad.

GDX
- Nice Diddy, ask Zyzzx how much I hate them. Diddy IMO destroys IC.

Petey - Great fight at Virg's man. Sorry about the chains, non the less Meta still a hard fight.

PoleMex - I think I butchered your name. You owe me a fight. Your Weeg is top notch, and to that I say Daaaaaaammmmmmn!

Mickey - Sonic is beast...let's leave it at that.

Dercs - Glad your taking the chain grabs lightly now, I know how much they bothered you before, and yes I still frigging hate pit.

G-Money - Crazy Wario, thanks for all the tips. Your mad chill, and a dam good fighter.

I think that's everybody. I fought a lot of different and really good players. Too anyone I missed, my bad! Everyone I played was really good and skillful. Look forward to fighting and seeing everyone again.

X = IC

Solve for X ...

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Sorry I couldn't make this. I was suppose to go, but as soon as I got home I had to go visit my grandmother at the hospital, because she had another knee surgery, and my mom wanted to stay for a few hours. All in all, I'm glad everyone enjoy their matches. I WILL BE AT MELEE GIGS.

Big apologies to Seibrik.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
It was fun teaming with Ghaude, mad cool dude!

we lost to nickriddle/galeon and chaz/bonesaw, good matches

gmoney has gotten pretty good at melee, uve got some nice edgeguards, if u work on ur tech chases a lil bit more u'll be beast in no time

edit: i wrote brawl instead of melee, oops
Keep going to tournies and keep partnering with me. I thought we did extremely well all things considered. My only real shout out is to my daughter. 03-31-06

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Ahh, shoutouts. well first things first, I feel like I'm getting slightly better each gigs. this being my third, and just slooooowly but surely getting better. I can't play worth anything in friendlies. I guess I have to be under pressure to play and just tune everything around me out. won against, xfactor, lost to hbox, won against mata, lost to polmex. ahhhh, decent turnout ran extremely well. next time, people shouldn't worry about it ending til 7 am, but more about setups. so allllright shoutouts.

Everyone in seibriks car - seibrik, chops, zmt, ravyn, hbox. fun carride, even when we were stuck in maaaad traffic and that weird fog. oh and those fcuking toll plazas my stomach really hurt guys.

polmex - lol, man I really enjoy your luigi. I felt I did so bad, choked really hard. but I guess that stuff happens. that luigi of yours is reaaaally good. at dennys you were a monster lol.

mata - I don't know if you post on the boards but, sick pt. really nice. I was so worried I'd lose. really really close. your squirtle is pretty scary.

zip - ahhh, I am secretive. every gigs I go to no one remembrs me or has ever met me lol. cool guy.

Galeon - man, maaaaaaaaan, maaaaaaaaaaan!! watching your lucas makes me want to main him again. too good. I was wowed all the times I was watching you play. you did really well I thought.

hbox - don't **** me so hard again :( in the car ride lol, and in tourney. and thanks for the houzzzin'

kyon - ahhhhhh, first time meeting you and It was nice. usually I don't speak up, but you're cool as hell. and uh, I was there when you got pissed at ab. haha, well I understand. but good set vs galeon. watched the most of it. when I become a peach main (I'm planning on it.) you must help me and give me tips!!!

gmoney - man, you're awesome. lol

spike/mickey - man, I really expected different characters. threw me off. crazy stuff on norfair and in our previous match.

action - sorry I let you down man. I don't know, but I need solid teams practice. I wasn't doing all that well and you held it down most of the time. good stuff though. and next time, enter singles. :)

rx- - ahh man, thanks for the housing. we had late night chats, and you had a poor mans pizza. can't wait to hear your tracks with vocoding. :D

melee tv - I don't know your name, but you had that purple samus. good games man. good games. I wanna play more melee!1!!!

uh I can't really remeber who else, but anyone who complimented my earlobes/gauges/plugs. thank you. :) everyone seems to like em. ahhhh. anyone who actually spoke to me really lol. I don't talk much, uness I'm comfortable around the people I know. but the more people I meet the more I feel welcomed. 'til next time everyone.

fl gaming? :)

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I can't edit my post on my phone. but I forgot about you xfactor and just rmembered. :D

good *** ic's intense matches and I hope you break through metaknights!

Zoro

Smash Champion
YES!
me and vericz are gaining valuable experience we just gotta play more garbage brawl
yo man...these kids take the game so seriously chaz clone simmer down man its brawl of all things
no need to go out of your way to insult other players during a match. Metaknight is gay but so is brawl so we are just going with the flow. I play mostly sonic, ganon, link samus and falcon...i know metaknight is gay lol what you were saying was so redundant. I just play him cuz i dont play brawl for fun.

NOW MELEE ON THE OTHER HAND

im glad i finally have a set up for you guys :) and my wii is perfect because they tried to put brawl on it but they couldnt haha its hardmodded so it cant play original brawl discs only burned games. Melee only wii son!
I barely played anybody today cuz i was too busy tryin to learn brawl :( Polmexs falcon is so sick though. Makes me feel jealous that these new players can be so good so fast and i suck and take a million years lol.
Im going to miss melee gigs too..sigh

Top Bottom