• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/25/09 Gigabits and SilverMineSubs Brawl Tournament #10 An April Brawl

Pi

Smash Hero
Shoutout to all who came over and played on the melee TV's, I always need more practice :)

& Hbox, my samus isn't that bad, but your fox is pretty unique, I'll MM you again and do better next time :)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i think i got 9th... and i lost to snakes again...CO18 is going to show me the ways of the DDD.

its funny how no one believes that GW is no match for a snake of high skill.

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
heard HRnut got second, good **** bro.
How did Polmex do though, he better be representing mid-tiers. Luigi all the way. lol.

So what are the full standings and when can we expect videos???

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts Bam!

Polmex - Gotta be one of the coolest dudes I've ever met. You make me happy on the inside ^.^ Hope you were comfy on the floor man. Then again, my carpet feels awesome.

Sandtru - You're just a nice person. I look forward to seein you every tourney. Really good wario. I need to play him with my fox so I can beat him up. Come stay again anytime.

Gindler!! - You're a jerk. Thanks for being yourself.

X-factor - you were getting too happy last night. Great job at beating people with the ICs and earning yourself some new pupils. I'm proud ^.^

Petey - you look mad at all times. I can't tell when you're happy. Except for when you beat Hbox yesterday. You did well. Great job. Hope you had a decently comfortable stay.

Matabird - No, smash is not stupid and no, you don't hate the game.

Kei - great job rockin Polmex's Luigi. Shouldn't expect any less from you. BAM! Oh. You missed the merging of our groups last night. It was a cool interpretive dance thing.

GDX - Glad you got to come over man. And I didn't even get to play your Diddy. Thats disappointing. Good job with Dedede though. See you at next gigs.

HrNut - Thanks for coming over. Playing teams with you and Pmex was too fun. You guys were acting so dumb lol. Come over anytime. We'll smash til the sun comes up.

LessThanThree - Your Sheik has gotten better. I'll lecture you later on some other stuff though. Your fight with chops was freakin close! You know why? Cuz you're awesome ^.^

ZYZZX - Sorry that you haven't got to play much lately. The end.

Spike - Man from what I see, your pit is beast! But I've yet to play him. Soooo...lets play. Oh. Great job in teams and great job in other stuff too, lol. You are tight man! We gotta play soon.

Micky - I'm proud of you sir sir sir. Yeah I know you hate MK, but its something we have to deal with for now. You did fine with your Sonic. According to Hbox you're at least top 3 Sonics in the nation. Keep playing like that and you'll make it up the tier list.

Radix - Great job at the tourney man. Looks like you need some Dedede practice lol. Tell you what. I'll pick up Dedede today and then you can practice on that dude. We gotta help each other out! You're getting better. Just keep going.

Teeco - Nice Rob! Man that was a tough fight. Keep up the good work ^.^ I'm bringing out DK next time. Everyone's scared of that dude.

Kenyu - I didn't see how you did in the tourney. But I want to congratulate you on having cool hair.

Mowarth or something - Look man. No matter how many times you get beaten, just keep on going. You're good for your age and I know you're gonna get better. Nice fights. See you at next gigs. Or gamezone.

Lady Legion or any other Zelda main - LessThanThree (or <3) needs help with his Zelda. It's imperative that you help him. Thanks.

Zelda Master Timmy!! - Your marth is gooood man! Nice fight. Ready to play you again. Good job in the tourney too.

Chaz - Great marth! You did really well in the tourney too. I'll get your marth next time.

Nexus - Bring a freakin remote control next time!!.......good job at smash too.

Thanks for the fun yesterday guys. I don't think I forgot anyone. If I did, I apologize. I'm hungry.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
its not that bad for gw will just stop spamming smashes and back air (stop being predictable) all gws do the same thing against snake and it never works
GaW isnt that bad vs snake..rofl....
ok so tell me how I played about 15 friendlies with lambchops after he destroyed me 2-0 in our tourney match yesterday. and lost just about all of them. BUT THEN***
i switch to DDD... mind you, a character i don't even play, and I JV 3 stock lambchops snake....

afro/hrnut, if GaW isn't that bad against snake then tell me a time when a gw main has ever beaten a good snake in a tourney match?? tell me.

tellme the time i ever beat afro, tell me the time i ever beat hrnut in friendlies and in tourney matches... tell me when?... go ahead.. shut me up....

NO, you can't. you know why??? because the match is completely lopsided. any GW main can agree. i almost beat radix with DDD in losers... it was 2-1... a hell of alot better than my beastly GW could ever do.

so just stfu, and gtfo... i win this argument.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
ok so tell me how I played about 15 friendlies with lambchops after he destroyed me 2-0 in our tourney match yesterday. and lost just about all of them. BUT THEN***
i switch to DDD... mind you, a character i don't even play, and I JV 3 stock lambchops snake....

afro/hrnut, if GaW isn't that bad against snake then tell me a time when a gw main has ever beaten a good snake in a tourney match?? tell me.

tellme the time i ever beat afro, tell me the time i ever beat hrnut in friendlies and in tourney matches... tell me when?... go ahead.. shut me up....

NO, you can't. you know why??? because the match is completely lopsided. any GW main can agree. i almost beat radix with DDD in losers... it was 2-1... a hell of alot better than my beastly GW could ever do. no u stfu and gtfo ur logic makes no sense. if ur gonna be liek that i migth as well dumb myself down to ur level. either lose like a man or pick up another character. dont whine like a ***** for real

first of all ur gw was 10 times harder than ur d3. lol i wasnt even trying vs ur d3 cuz i didnt feel like playing ur secondary when u should be playing GW till the last match i just said ima stomp u for being stupid and i did. wow i cant believe u took that match that seriously how could u be so naive my ***** I MADE IT OBVIOULY I WAS FUKING AROUNF WITH U TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE. u seriously need stfu about all that u keep putting urelf over people ur not even near. obviously ima stomp ur gw im much smarter than u son and i dont even know the match up. stfu with that brawl scrub garbage logic. ur cockyness is senseless. stop comparing urself to players superior to. u shoulda just kept that to urself as i would have too.

Galeon

Smash Ace

NO, you can't. you know why??? because the match is completely lopsided. any GW main can agree. i almost beat radix with DDD in losers... it was 2-1... a hell of alot better than my beastly GW could ever do.

It's not a super big deal. Everybody has bad matchups, some even horrible. It's kinda up to you whether you wanna play it out or not.

OverLade

Smash Hero

Valdens vs. DSF, Valdens only lost the set because he tripped while Tech chasing an Usmash.

Lemme get a video for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgsDiFmDXzc

Life After Death

Smash Champion
not only that the match up is close to even. gw outranges snake lol snake has projectiles over him but the fact that he has manuarability over snake is wat make it almost even. gw is like a marth that kills fast. and outrange snake. gw players are usually ****ty players that main gw or they too lazy to put in effort ot be good with gw. not saying xyz is a bad player but he doesnt liek putting in the effort he rather complain about it and compare himself to top player saying he loses only cuz he mains gw. if he wants to he should name a GOOD PLAYER THAT MAIN GW. their all garbage players that use gw though lol.

Ruuku

Smash Lord

I think you're forgetting about stage counter-picking. And you may not have enough experience in the matchup. And there are plenty of G&W "mains" winning against "good" Snakes in tournaments. If you want some help, send me a PM and I'll let you know what I know about the matchup. If you don't, then instead of switching to DDD, just switch to MK like everyone else. That is much easier than learning the matchup.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I wont speak for chops, but if it wasnt in tourney...
Thats horrible logic, just because a GaW hasnt beaten a snake in FLORIDA doesnt mean Gaw cant win or that the matchup is impossible
Your my homie, but the reason we win is cuz we are better then you. Not trying to be mean but thats the way it works. I dont need to go snake to beat you GaW. I could win with any character i play in brawl (wario or mk)
You spend so much time hyping yourself about how good you think you are, that when you lose CLEARLY the matchup isnt fair. Next time im at a tournament with you we can MM D3 vs Snake and i bet you i make you think that matchup isnt as easy as you think.

False.
Sensei Chops said:
not only that the match up is close to even. gw outranges snake lol snake has projectiles over him but the fact that he has manuarability over snake is wat make it almost even. gw is like a marth that kills fast. and outrange snake. gw players are usually ****ty players that main gw or they too lazy to put in effort ot be good with gw. not saying xyz is a bad player but he doesnt liek putting in the effort he rather complain about it and compare himself to top player saying he loses only cuz he mains gw. if he wants to he should name a GOOD PLAYER THAT MAIN GW. their all garbage players that use gw though lol.
Sensei chops tells the truth

Life After Death

Smash Champion
yea i love xyz as a person but he just started insulting us lol with that garbgage brawl scrub logic. go back to playign melee. brawl has been rubbing itself too much on u. lol and yea afro CAN BEAT U WITH w/e character he feels like it. he's just better than u as a player and so is hrnut.

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
i havent played any of yalls snakes, i feel that im good at the match but i havent played the top n1ggas here, only played radix and mvd

CO18

Smash Hero
I dont think Gaw vs Snake is close to even. The only thing gaw has is outspacing but he has to play perfect. I think its at least 6:4 snake. Gaw can easily be techchased because of his terrible roll, he has no gimping options on snake, snake kills him very early, gaw doesnt have a solid option for nade camping as well as not being to kill snake because its really easy to avoid his kill moves with snake. Unless the snake doesn't know the matchup, I think its pretty strongly in snake's favor.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I dont think Gaw vs Snake is close to even. The only thing gaw has is outspacing but he has to play perfect. I think its at least 6:4 snake. Gaw can easily be techchased because of his terrible roll, he has no gimping options on snake, snake kills him very early, gaw doesnt have a solid option for nade camping as well as not being to kill snake because its really easy to avoid his kill moves with snake. Unless the snake doesn't know the matchup, I think its pretty strongly in snake's favor.
GaW has like 2 of the best gets ever. His regular standard getup (no attack) into Up B is super hard to react to, and his getup attack is fast as hell, and his forward roll and back roll are good enough to do the job, they arent NEARLY as bad as warios. GaW can do fine against nade camping, he has great aerial manuevrability which is great for dealing with nade camping and approaching when you see an opening. ALOT of characters cant handle grenade camping, they must RISK DAMAGE to get through it in the first place, even MK has to take risks to get through a good grenade camping snake.

He may not be able to gimp snake but he can still fvck up a snake whos recovering, even if they recover high since GaW Nair owns Snake's airdodge. GaW can fair any snake recovering to low (for a kill) and can air chase him with a smash (for a kill) AND can tech chase smash which is alot harder but still there. Its actually really difficult for snake to land a kill on a GaW who is spacing very well because uptilt doesnt beat out any of GaW's spaced aerials (and by that i mean backair).

GaW vs Snake is alot more even then people think, people just complain for no reason.

Top Bottom