• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/25/09 Gigabits and SilverMineSubs Brawl Tournament #10 An April Brawl

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Friday, April 24, 2009

D-Torr - Final Status Update for April Brawl Gigs - *downgraded to* DOUBTFUL

...I was hoping for livestream in case I didn't go, but looks like that won't happen either...

...ugh...

*turns on PS1 and begins to play Legend of Legaia*

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
when i played legend of legia, i got to the part where the big dude in your party has to fight his brother 1 on 1. i never passed that part...my brother kicked my ***

anyway, i dont have a laptop, so i cant livestream. I'll put up a sign for people to save all their replays on my wii and ill upload them later on in the week. everyone just please remember to hit Z, for the love of god :laugh:

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey GDX how about you upload my vids. =D

I'll probably be looking checking out that cheerleader chick from Heroes while you guys are playing Brawl.....

No homo but I'd rather play brawl.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Hey GDX how about you upload my vids. =D

I'll probably be looking checking out that cheerleader chick from Heroes while you guys are playing Brawl.....

No homo but I'd rather play brawl.
lol...
Life > Smash
but have fun, pal.

nevershootme

Smash Master
if all else... someone run a twitter on this shiz with live updates, all u need is a computer or cell phone with qwerty keyboard.

that's like my next step in live updates for future smash tournaments (Pride of brawl, FL gaming, WATO???, Devastation 2009, Yasumicon 2009, ZP, PnT Ft. Lauderdale)

-Currently I blame every single friend of mine who has soulfully stole me into joining twitter...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if all else... someone run a twitter on this shiz with live updates, all u need is a computer or cell phone with qwerty keyboard.

that's like my next step in live updates for future smash tournaments (Pride of brawl, FL gaming, WATO???, Devastation 2009, Yasumicon 2009, ZP, PnT Ft. Lauderdale)

-Currently I blame every single friend of mine who has soulfully stole me into joining twitter...
...a twitter you say? my phone has a qwerty keyboard. i could give live updates and stuff. how easy his this twitter?

nevershootme

Smash Master
...a twitter you say? my phone has a qwerty keyboard. i could give live updates and stuff. how easy his this twitter?
yea it's that ever so popular site people are using nowadays. just make an account, add in your cell phone number (text messaging rates apply), and just send updates from your phone or a computer.

get people to follow the updates and you're done! just takes the minus effort to check the thread over and over

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
when i played legend of legia, i got to the part where the big dude in your party has to fight his brother 1 on 1. i never passed that part...my brother kicked my ***
:(, although I easily got past that part (now, before he was a hassle), I feel your pain. Leveling in that game is so time consuming because of how little experience you get from each battle. But the game is too good, so I deal with it. A very rewarding game.

anyway, i dont have a laptop, so i cant livestream. I'll put up a sign for people to save all their replays on my wii and ill upload them later on in the week. everyone just please remember to hit Z, for the love of god :laugh:
Ugh..........no stream, looks like I have a free day tomorrow....

Oh and people,

BRING TVS AND WIIS

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
https://twitter.com/GameDragonX

i guess thats my twitter page. ill send updates as they come in at gigs. it seems easy enough. ive never used or seen this thing before. only heard of it :laugh:

Edit: is there a way you guys can respond to messages i send in twitter and i can see what you say?

nevershootme

Smash Master
LOL. Twitter got like mad huge like 5 minutes ago, it got big out of nowhere :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

It may not be LiveStream, but I guess it'll do....................
I think i've just accidently erupted a new trend in smash updates in FL :(

1st came live streaming in FL at sept. gigs after following wat Axis gaming did...

Then came 500+ youtube videos of matches and caravan moments (GDX started it first with the caravan thing)

now came twitter (live updates outside the livestream viewing)... hello social networking circle :(

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I might bring my laptop, but its a huge Maybe. And if i did It would primarlily be me or Gdx ( or anyone i trusted) on it to ensure my laptop doesnt get messed up. Its pretty new and i wouldn't want anything to happen to it. IDK its a huge mayb, well see. If i were to do i need anything like an ethernet cable or something?

P.S.
Its A huge mayb!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
instead of posting from twitter

why don't people just post updates to this thread.

like we always do?

nevershootme

Smash Master
instead of posting from twitter

why don't people just post updates to this thread.

like we always do?
the idea is to send small updates like oh if i'm standing there watching player 1 vs player 2, i'm gonna send a small text from the phone saying that and people will be aware of it and wonder ohhh who's gonna win. rather than staring and running to a computer

i mean this is just an idea im pitching for my own personal use, it may or may not be intended for others to follow my trend at times, it's just a different way to keep other smashers informed of a tourney in progress instead checking by 2 hours at a thread, you'd be checking by 15 minutes to an hour on someone's account

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Yea, so I thought about it and since im only coming for singles and the turnout is supposedly gonna be small and i care about my laptop too much, I am not going to bring it. I know plenty of you guys have laptops, so if ur upset about no ustream sorry, but bring ur on! LOL

However I wanna say BRING SETUPS!!! AND HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

P.S.
I think i am going to MM sebrik at his personal station just for fun! Yes, i will be giving him free money, but so wat i wanna play the guy. Unless hell just have a friendly with me for free!!!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Darn, forgot I said I'll bring a TV. Guess I'll load it now...................

No idea when to show up since Gigs is iffy with their times

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Rx--2 Wiis(potential for 4 tvs and 4 melee+brawls) and 2 TVs
Tommy_G-1 Wii and 1 TV
ghaudephaede010(if he can find a freaking partner)- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Polmex23- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Virgman- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Wonderbread-1 Wii and 1 TV
Fearless-1 Wii and 1 TV
Darktemplio-1 Wii(Brawl/64) and 1 TV
FlatSoda-1 Wii (possibly 1 TV)
Bootleg544- 1 Wii
Seibrik-1 Wii & 1 TV for friendlies
H-box- 1TV and 1 Wii for melee
Gindler-1 TV

Total(only 'for-suresies' amount): 9 TVs and 12 Wiis

If you say setup and only mean a wii, please specify. To me 1 setup = 1 wii and 1 tv

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Doubles Partial Results:

GrandFinals: Seibrik + Chops vs NickRiddle + Galeon
3rd: Hbox + xYz (Lost to Seibrik/Chops and NickRiddle Galeon)
4th: ?
5th: Rx- + Hrnut (Lost to Seibrik/Chops and NickRiddle Galeon)

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Last I heard it was Seibrik + Chops (coming from Winners) vs Galeon + McGriddle (coming from Losers) in Grand finals and
3. Hbox + xYz
4. ???
5. Rx- + HRNut
5. ???

edit: damn you john

Top Bottom