• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Is there any place where it shows all of Samus's (I don't like calling her ZSS like it is her god given name -_-) true combo's? ie Dash Attack> Jab, or something that show's complete combo's such as; B-Throw> Dash Attack> F-Tilt> Ftilt> Dash Attack> U-Tilt> Up B> D-Smash> D-Smash> F-Smash

Just saying.... I did check out the stickies and I either missed it or it's not there. However I did find bits of combo info here and there.

nandryshak

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I used to main ZSS before switching to Falco a while back. I never really got in depth for ZSS. Does she have any ATs that I should know about? Anything to focus on? (ie equivalent to a CG) Thanks.

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
Its not good for chains smash.
Nor for killing.
Is it for a combo that Idk about?
two words: platform harassment
it can rip apart a shield if someone ends up over you, on the sides of BF, on Lylat, or pretty much anywhere else there's platforms. it also shield pokes from below, and it can set up for all kinds of fun stuff. it's also a good launcher at low %'s; dsmash dsmash usmash aerial rave. (XD sorry for TvC terms, that game is too good >_>)
Upsmash is also useful for blocking attacks from above, it clashes or outprioritizes every dair in the game (correct me if i'm wrong on that)

Snakeee

Smash Master
Up smash does break every d-air, but for d-airs that can be broken with Up-B that would be a better choice most of the time.

Up smash is also good for mindgames once in a while because it's her only attack that has that kind of duration with multiple hitboxes. People will drop their shields a lot when you use it randomly, and like "Rawr" said, it is pretty good for pressure on platforms.

cba

Smash Master
one dair that i hate is TL's, that little **** stays nearly the same during an up-b....am i right? i don remember if it gives him momentum.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
I always fight people who spam horizontal projectiles (Toon Link, Lucas, and Wolf mostly).

Whats a good way to appraoch a spammer using zero suit? My approach suck right now in general and people are exploitng it.

cba

Smash Master
Approaching a TL is hard, i have problems w/ it myself and its even worse on FD.
and for the ROB matchup: Rob dominates too much on BF, i was playing holy and he put ALOT of pressure on me, i could barely do anything ad my Plasma whips werent connecting as i wouldve wanted. just BF, NO.

sasook

Smash Champion
Approaching a TL is hard, i have problems w/ it myself and its even worse on FD.
and for the ROB matchup: Rob dominates too much on BF, i was playing holy and he put ALOT of pressure on me, i could barely do anything ad my Plasma whips werent connecting as i wouldve wanted. just BF, NO.
A lot of R.O.B. players say BF is R.O.B.'s worst stage because of his "blindspot" underneath him.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
You could always jump over them.
I geuss, but a lot of the time they stand near the edge of the stage. I've also tried jumping past them and using a spaced over b, but that usually justs get shielded, and the ran away from. When I try approaching with an aerial I get shield-grabbed, or even if I hit behind them they still sheild and then do a Bair out of the shield or run away again or something.

I geuss I just need to get less predictable - approach with some air dodges and stuff, not only attacks.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
Also is there any way to get her over b to not sweetspot the ledge? I'm about 98% sure you can't but it would be awesome if that were possible and I had been living in the dark all this time. I know you can get characters' Up- b to not sweetspot by holding up.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
there's always the option to powersheild. sometimes just jumping over the projectiles with side b isn't enough. even though TL throws everything at you but the kitchen sink, WHEN he throws them is actually quite predictable. it's like a pattern. i think it goes like SH boomerang, arrow, arrow cancel(arrow as they hit the ground) , then immediately nair. and and sometimes they replace the nair with zair. always know that they arrow as soon as they hit the ground. when they zair and u shield you can easily just counter with a dash attack before they hit the ground.

same goes for rob in terms of projectiles. online powershielding is harder due to button delay, so I recommend practicing offline. BF is one of zss' best stages because it allows her to use her aerials more. once rob is in the air he's basically zss' ***** (just watch out for the nair and punish air dodges). dont let the the rob take control by pressuring you. you should be the one pressuring him. .

Also is there any way to get her over b to not sweetspot the ledge? I'm about 98% sure you can't but it would be awesome if that were possible and I had been living in the dark all this time. I know you can get characters' Up- b to not sweetspot by holding up.

I dont believe it's possible to do the side b in recovery range and not sweetspot it. although I havent tested it if you were to turn on b-sticking. it might be possible then. if anyone wants to test that feel free to do so.

And you eliminate sweetspoting by holding down not up.

cba

Smash Master
^^^^^^***** ME.

THANKs, i was judging by the time i fought Holy and his level is WAY higher than mine so maybe its that.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
cba use the platforms with dsmash works wonders on BF against big or tall people.Is True its very hard to power shield online,my cousin owns me hard body online but offline were even :)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ I'm starting to think Zss is the new Link too.
this and link boards is like the only place i post under brawl.

cba

Smash Master
Thats how it should be.
also, i get a bit mad on my cheapness w/ my flip jump. =/

sasook

Smash Champion
Does airdodging when getting launched off the stage actually help you survive?
Taken from my Link guide, the concept still applies though.

-Airdodging: Some players believe that airdodging reduces your momentum in the air. Others disagree. The truth is they are both somewhat right. Airdodging does not reduce your momentum whatsoever. What it does do, however, is allow you to regain control of your character more quickly. The quicker a player regains control over his character, the faster his normal DI initiates. There is the truth about airdodging after getting hit.

That being said, airdodging is in fact useless. Never use it to stop your momentum, ever. By never, I mean NEVER. Momentum canceling is much better.

Proven here in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qAVsFk9Eug
However, what Nicholas.Riddle said is true too, if the aerials are too laggy/slow, sometimes airdodging is the better option. An example would be Snake.

10wtfs?
link mains are taking over Zss threads..
ZSS is the new Link.
^Heck yeah!

Top Bottom