• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
How do I stop staring at ZSS' chest?
Question about the armor pieces that fall off from Samus in her ZSS form.
What would be the best method of seizing control? Or should I instead avoid the pieces all together?
How dare you try to learn our trade secrets!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
hey i have a question. Anyone know if ZSS' Dair float is done the same way as toon link's? Well im not sure if its like 100% float like toon link. But when i did it once on accident, i only went down maybe a body length of ZSS when shes standing up, during the whole dair animation, off stage.

Anyone got bored enough to test this out yet?

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
average 140% should be what you survive to. If you're gonna get star KO'd, fast fall a u-air (hold down on control stick while hitting up on the c-stick). If you're going off the side, air-dodge and immediately down-b towards the stage (yes, air-dodge is the best, although u-air is almost the same).

If your opponent is smack talking you, laugh in their face. Anyone who takes smash so seriously that they talk **** is a complete moron. The smash community is pretty awesome, if there's someone that's talking crap for no reason then they're probably a tool, just ignore them. However, if they're talking crap on your play, and you actually do suck, then just joke with them about it and I'm sure they'll lighten up. Just don't let yourself get offended and you're good to go.

d-air is seriously not good. Finding different techniques with it is probably our last concern.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Delicious cake is one of my heroes <3
Delicious Cakes sig made me want to main ZSS <3

I had fun with colors. :D
Apparently even though I rarely have time to smash or go to tournaments anymore, I'm still one of the top people making others want to main ZSS...

If your opponent is smack talking you, laugh in their face. Anyone who takes smash so seriously that they talk **** is a complete moron. The smash community is pretty awesome, if there's someone that's talking crap for no reason then they're probably a tool, just ignore them. However, if they're talking crap on your play, and you actually do suck, then just joke with them about it and I'm sure they'll lighten up. Just don't let yourself get offended and you're good to go.
This. Anybody well known in the smash community will never talk **** to you, at least in a serious manner. All the pro's are damn nice people.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've actually never seen a vid of you, got any recent ones?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
how is a floating dair that may be useful in recoveries, a bad idea. Dair may not be a move you want to spam, but a good player would never want to spam. Since it leads to people being able to read you. Anyway i dont believe any move by any character "is seriously not good." They may be situational, but when the situation comes up, are u still not gonna use it even though it probably will have better out comes than some alternative.

There seems to be this type of thing going on in nearly every character discussion. How this one move is "junk." I've even seen move tier lists where there are attacks that are on the bottom. Well if ZSS ever somehow manages to fall to bottom tier, would u guys stop using her. I should hope not. Same should go for her attacks.

People said the same thing about toon links Dair. That it was junk, and not a move to use. So much are all the other players just stupid follow everyone else like sheep. That i ran into this pretty decent toon link. When i fought him, no matter how good of a position i was to be dair, even if it would have spiked me to my doom. He didnt use it once. And probably lost because of it. While i on the other hand used dair as much as i felt like it. At appropriate times mind you. Did i leave myself terribly open. No. Did i lose a huge % for using dair. No.

Anyway, people should stop worrying about how junk a move is, and find out how to use it properly. Its like saying, oh ZSS isnt as good as meta knight. So no one use her, and only use meta.

Yeah i think im done. I dont feel like spending anymore time, trying to convince lemmings not to jump off the cliff.

cba

Smash Master
IDK how but during the momentum when ZSS gets sent flying and i Dair and DI sideways (opposite side of where the dair was heading for) and she did that: dair sideways during momentum.
idk if it has a name.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I've actually never seen a vid of you, got any recent ones?
No recent ones, and the last ones I posted I was playing horribly. I had some amazing sets at some tournaments though, and some amazing friendlies I wish I had video of.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No recent ones, and the last ones I posted I was playing horribly. I had some amazing sets at some tournaments though, and some amazing friendlies I wish I had video of.
Man I wish I lived in a place with a smash scene. Closest tournies near me are 3+ hrs away. And are normally pretty small. Plus being 15 doesn't help...

Anyways, Id love to see some if you get any up. Drop me a VM if you get any up.

cba

Smash Master
FAIL
Man I wish I lived in a place with a smash scene. Closest tournies near me are 3+ hrs away. And are normally pretty small. Plus being 15 doesn't help...

Anyways, Id love to see some if you get any up. Drop me a VM if you get any up.
Yes, that.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Since the matchups thread for ZSS has been mostly slow and not very concrete, just out of you guys opinion which characters have a good fight against ZSS?

I know Falco is a nice counter to ZSS, and Snake has an advantage on her too. Which other characters do as well?

I tried Diddy Kong on her and it wasn't that good of an experience, I had to be on my toes the whole time it was very difficult getting any combos set up.

cba

Smash Master
So anyone can help me out with my question? I'm still wondering which characters counter ZSS the best aside from MK, Snake, and Falco.
Bowser. srsly.
i kid, i kid.

her counters... Mario...Wolf...Pit.
i have a hard time w/ TL spam.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Okay good, I can play all three of those well. Wolf I can see why, good punish game on her laggy moves (Smashes, grabs, etc)..

Reflector for gay stun pistol...

Now Pit same deal, can outcamp her, decent reflectors, decent punishing game.

What about Mario?

I would not know why, he is capable in the air... but so is ZSS. His reflector isn't the greatest either.

Help would be appreciated =)

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing wrong with mario. I dont see why people say pit is bad. Maybe 55/45 in his favor but that's it. ZSS can close the gap easily and up close it's equal. Well actually he seems to have a small advantage up close because of his priority but just shield, dodge and counter. Just outsmart him in hand-to-hand and you'll be fine. Edgeguarding pit from above is pretty easy too imho.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I know these are the ZSS boards, so you'll be biased either intentionally or unintentionally, but to whom would you recommend ZSS as a main?

She's on of the characters I don't play at all, but I used to play her I was fairly good - it's just that I improved so much more with Olimar than her.

For any ZSS mains that have become pretty decent with her, is she still fun to play and does she have potential?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Amazing amounts of potential. I'll let Snakeee or Cake answer the rest.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I know these are the ZSS boards, so you'll be biased either intentionally or unintentionally, but to whom would you recommend ZSS as a main?

She's on of the characters I don't play at all, but I used to play her I was fairly good - it's just that I improved so much more with Olimar than her.

For any ZSS mains that have become pretty decent with her, is she still fun to play and does she have potential?
Well, for the fun question we're going to be biased, as you asked an opinion. Personally, I think she's tons of fun to play. As for the potential, I see her having some potential...and, she has the tools to do well in tournaments.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Can I be defensive in my play-style, as ZSS or am I walking an upward slope? I'm all for using her if she can be defensive.

Well, for the fun question we're going to be biased, as you asked an opinion. Personally, I think she's tons of fun to play. As for the potential, I see her having some potential...and, she has the tools to do well in tournaments.
Opinions don't have to be biased, but I do expect it because of the question I asked. ;)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Probably one of the characters with the most potential in the entire game. I would recommend ZSS to people that love aerial game and pseudo-combos and have one of these two qualities: A) Can post on a forum intelligently, or B) Shut the **** up when they know they'll say something ********.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Probably one of the characters with the most potential in the entire game. I would recommend ZSS to people that love aerial game and pseudo-combos and have one of these two qualities: A) Can post on a forum intelligently, or B) Shut the **** up when they know they'll say something ********.
I lol'd.

Cake is the sex.

EDIT: Oops, broke rule 2.

Hence

Smash Ace
Both A) and B) do not apply here, as Smashboards is a forum where editing posts is done very often.

ON TOPIC: ZSS has a very strong aerial game with phenomenal spacing qualities. If you read your opponent well and punish mistakes, Zero Suit has a lot of potential for you. :p

Excellence

Smash Champion
I think I have both those qualities. ;)

ON TOPIC: ZSS has a very strong aerial game with phenomenal spacing qualities. If you read your opponent well and punish mistakes, Zero Suit has a lot of potential for you. :p
Thanks for the imput.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman

ZSS is very fun to play as. she is very versatile in terms of combo capability. ZSS is extremely fast, agile, and can get out of every cg except IC's with down b or DI. And she's just hard to catch/approach if used right.

You should use zss if you don't want to feel "restricted." When I use zss I feel so...free. I can move anywhere I want, air or ground, at ease. I can beat most characters in hand-to-hand combat, and look sexy while doing it. You can just go all out and do some insane combo just by simply getting a laser stun on someone if you know what you're doing and can predict your opponent's next move.

Most people don't like using zss because from the outside she looks too weak and is hard to hit people with. But they dont see the potential she has like we do. she can bombard your opponent with speed, constant spacing, and quick attacks like uair, jab, and dtilt. My favorite thing about zss is it only takes one attack (i.e dash attack, fthrow, stun, etc.) to seize your opponent and start going all out on him/her.

Hence

Smash Ace
ZSS is very fun to play as. she is very versatile in terms of combo capability. ZSS is extremely fast, agile, and can get out of every cg except IC's with down b or DI. And she's just hard to catch/approach if used right.

You should use zss if you don't want to feel "restricted." When I use zss I feel so...free. I can move anywhere I want, air or ground, at ease. I can beat most characters in hand-to-hand combat, and look sexy while doing it. You can just go all out and do some insane combo just by simply getting a laser stun on someone if you know what you're doing and can predict your opponent's next move.

Most people don't like using zss because from the outside she looks too weak and is hard to hit people with. But they dont see the potential she has like we do. she can bombard your opponent with speed, constant spacing, and quick attacks like uair, jab, and dtilt. My favorite thing about zss is it only takes one attack (i.e dash attack, fthrow, stun, etc.) to seize your opponent and start going all out on him/her.
You stated our general feelings about ZSS very well, Speculocity; I'm impressed. :)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hopefully the matchups with ZSS get worked on that's what I'm most interested in, there is a lack of variety in mains where I am from so sometimes I get surprised every now and then when I travel..

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Lawl ZSS is freak of combo.
Just a question, would Upsmash
ever be helpful? or just stick to UpB?

Top Bottom