• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

K

koka

Were any of you at Only in Niagara II? I remember seeing a chick there that mained zss and was ditto-ing with this guy there too...
I would have sent a PM but my computer's loaded with spyware and keeps crashing, so I posted here since I don't wanna bump up the other thread. I was the one wearing black leather heels and jacket, with the long brown hair. I'm probably the girl you saw. Next time you see me, let's play. All I've been playing is poker lately, so I'm gonna be pretty rusty and could use all the pointers you've got.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I would have sent a PM but my computer's loaded with spyware and keeps crashing, so I posted here since I don't wanna bump up the other thread. I was the one wearing black leather heels and jacket, with the long brown hair. I'm probably the girl you saw. Next time you see me, let's play. All I've been playing is poker lately, so I'm gonna be pretty rusty and could use all the pointers you've got.
ZSS players = poker players? lol I used to be really into poker myself, and I'm getting back into it now.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Oh. well, nice to meet you. You probably don't remember me- I didn't really say anthing, though I hovered over a couple of your friendlies before the bracket started.

Pointers I'VE got? OiN2 was my first touney- the rest of the time I play lvl 9's and occasionally a couple buddies on weekends. I'd say I'm okay, but not good enough to start giving out POINTERS or anything. lol

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Whats poker? a mindgame?
Well this IS a Q & A thread...

Yes. Poker is a mindgame. Its all mindgames. In fact, the mindgames are so intense they extend beyond brawl to form a complete game in itself. You could win with a "Get out of Jail Free" Card if your mindgames were good enough

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, I've gotten a complaint that my ZSS info in my Counterpicking Made Easy thread is off.

Would some of you agree/disagree with any of this?:

:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus
Best: Yoshi's Island, Norfair, Battlefield,
Worst: Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes

Adapt

Smash Lord
Japes is definitely her worst
Rainbow Cruise is not actually that bad, I would put Frigate Orpheon there instead

I have to say that PS1 should be her best instead of Yoshi's Island... ON PS1 you can side-B, up-smash, up-B or d-smash though a lot of the barriers in the stage changes.

I have always liked using ZSS on Norfair because you have so many edges to grab, but she can get outcamped there by certain characters so I wouldn't put it as best either

Snakeee

Smash Master
Rainbow is my favourite stage...

Worst IMO is Japes, Frigate, Castle Siege, Delphino in that order...well Delphino is only bad in certain match ups but she's usually adaptable to any stage so it's one of the worst because of that fact.

Yoshi's Island isn't spectacular for her I don't think, I'd say it's an average stage.

Battlefield, Lylat and PS1 are probably her best

cba

Smash Master
I always get an orgasmic-like feeling when i use ZSS' Up-B and my opponent is in a platform above me. Preferably the middle one in BF.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I always get an orgasmic-like feeling when i use ZSS' Up-B and my opponent is in a platform above me. Preferably the middle one in BF.
YESSS lol. I like to up air a bunch of times onto their shield from under the platform and then up B on my way down. The a lot of times I finish with B-air also from under the platform. So satisfying

Chaco

Never Logs In
YESSS lol. I like to up air a bunch of times onto their shield from under the platform and then up B on my way down. The a lot of times I finish with B-air also from under the platform. So satisfying
lol, did that tonight in a ladder match.

Then SD'd at 0%, it was horrid. My controller is like old, I need a new one, and it inputed flip kick the wrong way. 0% SD FTL.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Thank you. ;)

I've updated to this:

:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus
Best: Pokemon Stadium 1, Lylat Cruise, Battlefield
Worst: Jungle Japes, Frigate Orpheon, Castle Siege

kuenzel

Smash Ace
EXACTLY! I love hitting them multiple times with standing up-b. I love BF sooo much
/orgasm

I lol'd at the "Worst stages: Rainbow Cruise"-- Snakeee has been recommending that for CP for a long time

K

koka

Oh. well, nice to meet you. You probably don't remember me- I didn't really say anthing, though I hovered over a couple of your friendlies before the bracket started.

Pointers I'VE got? OiN2 was my first touney- the rest of the time I play lvl 9's and occasionally a couple buddies on weekends. I'd say I'm okay, but not good enough to start giving out POINTERS or anything. lol
Nice to meetchya, my name's Dejana, but most people on here spell it Diana. Aww, sorry about not remembering you, I feel like such an as shole, what'd you look like? Grimsby's pretty close, you should stop by Steel City and play with us sometime.

ZSS players = poker players? lol I used to be really into poker myself, and I'm getting back into it now.
Yeah lol, I'm a big gambler, but I've got really bad luck. If the game depends on skill, I can pull off a win, but if it's all chance I'm screwed. I might as well just throw my money in the air and yell pickup.

I used to play poker.
So we're both girls (pretty sure you're a girl), we both like to gamble, we both play video games, and we've both got bad tempers.
http://picmonkey.com/IMAGEUPLOADS/watermark/myspace-Comedy7049individuality.jpg

cba

Smash Master
i was gonna reply to this last night but i was having internet problems....

I know..its freaking exhilarating, and i just LOVE doin it to snake and especially when he drops a grenade.
ITS FREAKING SATISFYING. it has no comparison. and IF i compare it, i would compare it w/ robs F-smash which is 'just one more stock'(speaking in killing stock terms), on the other hand, ZSS' bair is like 'OMFG I JUST ***** YOU.....QUIT'

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so i was actually playing brawl like couple days ago and like i picked Zss.
Zss>Link.
this is ridiculous.
how come Zss up b is so broken?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Like airgemini said, it's not broken. It's just incredibly useful when your opponent can't DI it, or likes to fly around in the air alot.

sasook

Smash Champion
I'm not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll say it here. I've decided to finally commit to improving my ZSS because, well, I'm not really satisfied with my skill level. However, I know these boards are different from the Link ones, so I dunno what rules apply to critiquing video topics and advice and such.

I took a look at the ZSS Resource Center, and though it is very helpful, it's also a bit overwhelming. Frankly, I dunno where to start. So my first question is.....where should I start looking to improve my ZSS?

My next question is, what are the rules regarding topics for videos? Am I allowed to make new topics or should I just post them in the video archive and hope they get critiqued there?

Also, who are the top ZSS players here? I know of just Snakeee, Claw, and James Sparrow, but surely there's others. Just would like to know, thanks.

Anyways, I'm going to try and post here often from now on, rather than just the Link boards ^_^

Adapt

Smash Lord
Make a critique topic, but only one and update it as you see fit (ankoku made one similar). Video's rarely get much critique in the archives.

The first thing to do for improving ZSS is work on recovery... I think there should be a couple topics on that somewhere. If you are satisfied with your recovery start looking for videos so you can find different play styles and find one that works for you.

As for top ZSS players... there aren't many. FadedImage and Claw are on the WC, Snakeee and Dazwa on the EC. I can't remember where Sparrow is located, and there's really not many others who place at big tourneys. Take a look at the ranking's list (sticky) for any I may have missed.

sasook

Smash Champion
I see, so recovery comes first...(-__- someone tell me why I play characters who have hard recoveries) but what else is there? I loovvvveee her downb footstool jump, I use that whenever I can. If I remember correctly, there was a full recovery guide right?

Is it okay if I use sideB a lot rather than leaving it fresh for KOs? I find that easier to play with, then KO with uair/bair. But I've been told to leave it fresh and rack up damage with aerials + dsmash + jabs, even though I find that much, much tougher.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Most ZSSes use Plasma Whip primarily for spacing and damage, so don't feel pressure to do otherwise. It's actually not much of a KO move, when you really break it down. It has a horrible angle, which really deadens the effect of it's knockback. I only use it as a KOer if I've just respawned. People who tell you to save up Plasma Whip probably don't know much about ZSS.

Also, ZSS's recovery is actually really good, as long as you know how to use it.

cba

Smash Master
i only use her plasma whip to put pressure on and rack up damage.
i love how ppl think her plasma whip is overrated, and it is.

Top Bottom