• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Snakeee

Smash Master
Also, the whole fall-through stage thing. I actually should formally thank whoever posted that first (I think it was Snakeee) because I actually pulled that **** off in a tournament match 2v1 during doubles. It put me in winner's finals... thank you. lol
Heh, np. And funny that just won me teams yesterday too :)

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Guys what are ZSS best stages to play on no lie i love to play in final Destination but i feel its not the right stage for her.

The question is what is the best neutral stages and counter pick stages for zss advantages.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Her best neutral is probably BF. Yoshi's Story can be good, and Snakeee really likes Lylat, although I'm not a big fan. Maybe he could explain why, better.

Good CP stages are Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Norfair and PS1, to name a few. Be careful, though, and choose these stages based on your opponent.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I find Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Norfair, Lylat Cruise and Rainbow Cruise are decent stages. I dont usually pick Rainbow Cruise though I've just heard about that one from other people.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I LOVE Battlefield, because in the stage striking procedure noone knows ZSS has an advatage there. Its my favorite, the platforms work for spamming up-b and the slated edges make an easy d-smash->stage spike combo.

Snakeee

Smash Master
At first I wasn't sure why I did so well on Lylat either, and I still don't know completely. The shape actually forces enemies into the air more where ZSS thrives. The platforms are very helpful, and sometimes standing on top of the outer ones, and d-smashing can be really useful especially on big characters where it automatically hits through them. Also, a lot of characters' gameplay is hindered by this stage while the damage for ZSS is minimal.

cba

Smash Master
i hate lylat cause its ghey ledges make her suits fly off. But thats just me being greedy.
Rsinbow Cruise has not helped me much.....CAUSE IVE NEVER PLAYED IN IT. lol
And YI is good too cause the tether grabs fine and if you get gimped you can always Flip Jump.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys deal with a good G&W? (Sorry if this is already posted)

kuenzel

Smash Ace
We have a very detailed match-up thread for those kind of questions- we haven't done many characters yet, but luckily G&W is one- check it out! If you have any more specific questions after you read our analysis, feel free to ask here.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I have a question as a ROB mainer.

I played M.S.A.S. on the AiB ladder and he said something after I beat him on Frigate. He asked why I used his armour and said he'd wipe the floor with me if I didn't camp. I'm not really up with the matchup, but is ROB supposed to be at a clear disadvantage on Frigate against ZSS? It just struck me as odd that he said that.

Thanks in advance!

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404

I played M.S.A.S. on the AiB ladder and he said something after I beat him on Frigate. He asked why I used his armour and said he'd wipe the floor with me if I didn't camp. I'm not really up with the matchup, but is ROB supposed to be at a clear disadvantage on Frigate against ZSS? It just struck me as odd that he said that.

Thanks in advance!
He was just being a whining baby.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Thanks in advance!
Frigate is one of those stages a ZSS should avoid against ROB. It's one of those few stages where he might be able to go even with her just by trying to keep her on the right side of the first rotation.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
so i herd u like orderz n disciplinez

I imagine you aren't allowed to do this in a tourney (I haven't ever been to one so yea :/) but it's worth asking...I hope

Do any of you ever use Samus to begin with and halfway through a match change into ZSS? Is this legal in tourneys (I'm guessing no) and would it give you any advantage in a match?

cba

Smash Master
nope. it is not banned and you can do that. it goes by the name of "STRATEGY", weird strategy and might make you lose a game. but it still is strategy.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Samus is very different then ZSS, I can imagine you could screw up your opponent's CPing strategies by changing when the match starts.
In fact I find most people think I'm Samus anyway and don't notice me holding down R... or the potrait in the top left of the stage selection screen... and then a yelp of surprise when I chuck an armor piece at him.
Ah, being a character no one knows, much less expects, has its advantages.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Does anybody know the frame data for grab and u-smash? I just want to know what is the better option out of shield.

Oh and I'm new here, I've lurked a lot but yeah still a noob ;) And I main ZSS, she is too good.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Thank you so much that frame data really helped. But what is better for ZSS OoS? Or at least what do you find yourself doing more? U-smash or grab?

And what is your opinion about ZSS vs G&W? (there doesn't seem to be anything about it in the match up thread) My friend plays a really good one and I want to know how you guys feel about the match up. Some advice would help also.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much that frame data really helped. But what is better for ZSS OoS? Or at least what do you find yourself doing more? U-smash or grab?

And what is your opinion about ZSS vs G&W? (there doesn't seem to be anything about it in the match up thread) My friend plays a really good one and I want to know how you guys feel about the match up. Some advice would help also.
For oos I suggest just sticking with u-tilt/jab->dtilt because they come out fastest and have the best chance of punishing. Be aware if they do end up shielding it u-tilt is easily punished. If they are approaching from the air, u-air is also good oos if they are in the proper position. I don't think anyone uses u-smash oos. Grab is useful against smash attacks that push you too far to punish with anything else. For example, I play against falco a lot and i usually punish his down smash, or up smash with a shield grab.

Against G&W make sure you make use of the grab releases. They can give you a guaranteed u-air and fair if they don't sdi the first hit. Also you can keep pummeling them for a grab release into jab combo. You can get grabs once you can predict his approach really easy by just doing a pivot grab. Also if he approaches with short hops you can usually land a charged dsmash.

Does anyone think creating a counter-pick thread would be useful? I'm in dire need of this information because I don't really know what stages to counter-pick for over half the cast. Sure the match-up thread will get to them all eventually, but I need this kind of information now. If we make a separate thread it will be easier to read. I would be willing to make and update the thread, but I don't really have any in practice counter-pick's other than the ones for the characters already covered in the match-up thread. I played edrees' peach this weekend and really had no idea what to counter-pick and just asked a friend of mine, but his cp didn't really help me ><.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
cba I think you should ask that in the Olimar boards lol. As for the question, does ZSS have a laser lag cancel like falco's? I did it a couple times but im not sure if its something that would benefit ZSS in a big way.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
cba I think you should ask that in the Olimar boards lol. As for the question, does ZSS have a laser lag cancel like falco's? I did it a couple times but im not sure if its something that would benefit ZSS in a big way.
I dont really believe she has a lag cancel but i do know that you can do that thing that falco does where he SH's away from you and as he lands he turns and shoots a laser. if you time it right there's ALMOST no lag. i do that sometimes for the mindgames.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I donno about that, but I found out that if you shoot right when you land (even when it's fully charged, it makes the shot silent (like falco's). The same thing happens to a landing up-b.
Its cool to pull off when its silent! Sneaky!

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
i just noticed the lagless silent stungun thing; it's probably not too useful since it doesn't have a ton of lag anyways but maybe something to look into

RP`

Smash Apprentice
I have regained interest into Maining/Seconding ZSS. And before I do it, I want to finally learn how to do that Glide Toss where you throw the armor piece up, rather than forward. I can do a regular glide toss, but is it just a normal Glide Toss and you input an Up somewhere before you throw it? (I can't test. I haven't been around a Wii for the past few days)

Thanks.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I have regained interest into Maining/Seconding ZSS. And before I do it, I want to finally learn how to do that Glide Toss where you throw the armor piece up, rather than forward. I can do a regular glide toss, but is it just a normal Glide Toss and you input an Up somewhere before you throw it? (I can't test. I haven't been around a Wii for the past few days)

Thanks.
Roll+C-stick Up

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Is her F smash that bad...? Also what percentage could it kill if never used?
YES. It has too much lag and is very weak. There's pretty much no point in using it because there are better options to use instead. You'd expect a move that takes long to be strong, well not this one. Fsmash is imho zss' worst move. I dont know it's kill percentage though.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Out of stun, off the side of the stage, close to fully charged, it killed at 120% or a bit more (when I could have side-b'd or down-b spiked, or f-aired or b-aired.... etc. instead). Still horrible.
No.
Just do side b instead. its better in every way, and covers the same area (except for that like piece behind you).
Just don't.
I actually wince whenever I do it on accident or on instinct.

Top Bottom