• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

kuenzel

Smash Ace
You must have caught it in the air then. As I said before, if you catch it in the air you can uair without throwing it as many times as you want before you hit the ground again--
If you posted the vid we'd know for sure.

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
I did something like this in a game earlier today, except I was trying to throw the piece down and dair'ed to my death instead..Not fun..

kuenzel

Smash Ace
So then, in your case, maybe it should be rephrased--
"It is impossible to throw an item after catching it without touching the ground first."

Does that sound OK?
Its probably already known but I found it myself literally when I responded to yankee's 1st post a little while ago...

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
Okay i was able to recreate it. Its not really groundbreaking, but if you run up to an item and slide your finger from jump to attack, you will grab the item, jump, and do an aerial depending an what direction you are holding. Seems pretty useful. Whatever, i thought it was quite interesting when i first saw it. Thanks for the help kuenzel.

Edited for annoying spelling mistakes i missed.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
No problem- I just can't beleive we had this entire conversation without Cake or someone telling us EXACTLY what happened, and putting our speculation to an abrupt end.
Just kidding Cake! (don't hurt me)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I have no problem with people discussing stuff like this in a sticky. It's gonna be at the top of the page anyways.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
so i have this problem. im fighting this olimar. im basically able to win the first half of the matches with mindgames but then later on in the friendlies he starts camping severely. im able to beat him in hand-to-hand combat but now he would refrain from doing that, and run and throw everything but the kitchen sink at me.

i try to out prio the incoming pikmin by approaching with fairs but im not fast enough. i would try SH side b; sometimes it works, sometimes he sheilds it. i tried just charging though them, it would work half the time (or i get hit by a purple) and im able to get some hits on him b4 he starts running again. even though we still get to 1 stock endings, his camping is becoming harder to get through because if i hesitate or make a wrong move, he'll take advantage of that and move in with an attack which hits me.

what's the best way to close the gap with zss against olimar?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
so i have this problem. im fighting this olimar. im basically able to win the first half of the matches with mindgames but then later on in the friendlies he starts camping severely. im able to beat him in hand-to-hand combat but now he would refrain from doing that, and run and throw everything but the kitchen sink at me.

i try to out prio the incoming pikmin by approaching with fairs but im not fast enough. i would try SH side b; sometimes it works, sometimes he sheilds it. i tried just charging though them, it would work half the time (or i get hit by a purple) and im able to get some hits on him b4 he starts running again. even though we still get to 1 stock endings, his camping is becoming harder to get through because if i hesitate or make a wrong move, he'll take advantage of that and move in with an attack which hits me.

what's the best way to close the gap with zss against olimar?
Just space perfectly and wait for him to be in the wrong place. Honestly, neither Olimar nor ZSS mains really enjoy this match-up. Basically, it's about who can be gayer than the other.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Just space perfectly and wait for him to be in the wrong place. Honestly, neither Olimar nor ZSS mains really enjoy this match-up. Basically, it's about who can be gayer than the other.
So then 50/50? The only thing I would look at is it's a whole lot easier for ZSS to gimp Olimar than the other way around.

Snakeee

Smash Master
What seems to work for me is spacing side-Bs and fully charged paralyzer shots (yes take the hits from the pikmin) to weaken his shield, then run in and b-air or dash attack. Well, he should be able to grab you out of the dash attack yet this has worked well for me so I listed it anyway. But, basically putting the pressure on against Olimar is the key.

cba

Smash Master
So then 50/50? The only thing I would look at is it's a whole lot easier for ZSS to gimp Olimar than the other way around.
it is 50-50, i have played many good Olimar.
Olimars pikmins hit really hard. Avoid his U-Smash: he will most likely do it w/ a red/purple pikmin and you will die like at 90%.
the tether recovery can be helpful w/ noobs, good Olimars dont try to rely on it much.
like any char in the game, you have to juggle oli cause he is deadly when on the ground.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Definitely 5/5. I play one of the best Olimars in the country on a regular basis, so I'm pretty sure of this match-up. I'll wait for the match-up thread to give my full analysis, but suffice to say, easy gimps against Olimar only do so much for you.

They're really fun, though, especially against NC-Echo, because he gets so mad about them.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I have a question.... To help us with our match up thread. The Peach Boards are currently discussing the ZSS match up it doesnt have it on the title yet but we are. It starts near the end of page 90. Most of us think its in ZSS favor so far but we're kinda lost, your help would be greatly appreciated! ^_^

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178193

Not really a question but I had a feeling that if I created a new thread I'd get flamed >.>

Villi

Smash Lord
Is it already known that ZSS can spike people's hands hanging from the ledge with her dair? It's not extremely useful... Just thought it was neat to learn.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's been known for a while. It's not really considered to be very useful.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I see alot of advantages for ZSS when her opponent is on the ledge, I always go for the down-smash so I can b-air stage spike or flip jump-spike, or even d-air spike.
Are there any particular mind-games/tricks I can do so that I can keep my opponent on the edge longer than their invincibilty frames?

Villi

Smash Lord
Try pressuring them effectively from on stage. If you manage to consistently punish them for trying to get back on the stage from hanging on the ledge, they'll start to hesitate on the ledge. Since you haven't been punishing them for hanging there but instead for getting up, their last stock is a perfect time to catch them trying to think about their options with a stage spike.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
This is where mindgames get the most intense... conditioning a specific response from the first stock to get a desired effect on the third? That would make the last stock an easy 30% kill!
I naturally never think that far in advance in a match--
I guess that's what seperates the leet from the 1337...

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
In the rare occurance that the opponent doesnt dodge either of them =P

mnkey

Smash Cadet
well a combo that works very well but only when they're at around 70-80 is a 2 DS(must be close to foe) UB, 2 DS as before must be close, UB, 1 DS then FB to finish it... it does about 40-50 damage around that area if done right.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That combo works if they can't DI or tech. If they can't then go for it.

cba

Smash Master
Fastes aerial ? U-Air.
her aerial that has more KO power is her B air
nair is partly trash, IMO.
dont get used to do her dair much
her fair is good. i personally find it hard to land at times.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I take it that's a good thing?

<--- never played Tales of the Abyss.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
nair isn't trash it's really good for if you grab an edge right before someone and you need to drop off the ledge to hit them and they are in front of you. fair doesn't work because the first hit is balls, and uair would hit them straight up instead of into the stage.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
nair isn't trash it's really good for if you grab an edge right before someone and you need to drop off the ledge to hit them and they are in front of you. fair doesn't work because the first hit is balls, and uair would hit them straight up instead of into the stage.
Nair's also good to mix into just about any place you'd put another move. Throw it in while you're being pressured to get your opponent to back off. I like to use it to mix up my approach, too.

It's not trash, it's just mediocre in everything, so it's hard to see its uses.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
The only real uses of dair that i can think of is recovering from very high places (when you wont get the ending lag) and for spiking people underneath stages (delfino plaza, halberd, ect,)

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, D-Air is nice for when someone is trying to air chase you and you just want to get grounded ASAP.

Also, the whole fall-through stage thing. I actually should formally thank whoever posted that first (I think it was Snakeee) because I actually pulled that **** off in a tournament match 2v1 during doubles. It put me in winner's finals... thank you. lol

also I like to mix in N-Air when I feel my Side-Bs are getting pressured too hard. Instead of a slow distance hitbox, I get a super fast 10% hit that'll punish anyone too close.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Yeah, D-Air is nice for when someone is trying to air chase you and you just want to get grounded ASAP.
I like Dair for this. It's a decent way to get the the ground with a little bit of safety if someone's getting a little bit too close.

Top Bottom