Unity Ruleset Committee Member
- Aug 25, 2003
- Switch FC
- 5440 9697 6404
WORLD HOBO 3
Since WHOBO 1 and 2 were such a huge success(105+ players at each), ive decided that a 3rd WHOBO at Anime Matsuri should be done. Its going to be pretty much the same thing as the previous 2 years(Smash/Anime/Hot girls/Import Cars and a Rave) except that this time the attendance will surge much higher than the last 2 years because this event will be during SPRING BREAK. WHOBO 3 will be a 3 day event so please request off ALL 3 days and be prepared for a weekend you will NOT forget! Oh and please keep checking this thread every other day because there may be updates on rules/ payouts/ attendance and other random details.
Anime Matsuri @ Crowne Plaza Hotel
8686 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas 77054
Hotel phone number= 1-(713) 748-3221.
Call them and mention "anime matsuri" for a huge discount on rooms but u must act NOW. You can also call them about directions or any hotel related info.
^^^^This is the map of Anime Matsuri. WHOBO 3 is located in the "ninja room."
Venue website: http://www.cphoustonhotel.com/
Anime Matsuri 2011 website: http://www.animematsuri.com/ the web site will be fully operational by january.
Anime Matsuri 2011 FaceBook group: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Woodlands-TX/Anime-Matsuri-Convention/197694645651
WHOBO 3 FaceBook group: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=187268544635622
Parking at the Venue
If you park your car at Anime Matsuri/WHOBO 3 you will be charged a fee of 20$ per day. Go to the link below and print out the Voucher so that you get a 10$ discount per day on parking. Bring the voucher with you and present it to the person who charges you for parking. If you have already bought a hotel room IN THE WHOBO 3 VENUE then you will not have to pay any fee for parking(make sure you have your hotel receipt as proof). This means parking is very limited so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE carpool and show up as early as possible or you may need to park down the street.
Get your voucher HERE^^^^^^^^
It would be nice if others would bring a full set-up(wii/ssbb/tv)* because it will greatly increase the speed of the event and allow for more friendlies. Each item you bring in will be tagged so that it WILL NOT be able to leave the room unless the OWNER takes it out of the room. There will also be guards at the door to ensure safety for you and your items. So in other words, your items are 100% safe from theft.
* the first 15 people to bring a FULL set-up(wii/ssbb/non laggy tv) will get into 1 side event for free
This website^ allows you to buy your badge (you MUST have a badge) at a slightly cheaper rate than if you buy it at the door(55$). I HIGHLY recommend you buy it online asap because prices will rise in the coming months.
NOTE: you MUST buy a badge to be able to ENTER the Tournament(think of it as a venue fee). I know its expensive but i assure you its WELL WORTH the money. Just ask ANY person who went to WHOBO 1 or 2 and they will tell you the badge lets you do more than just play smash. It allows you to do EVERYTHING the hotel/convention has to offer.
NOTE 2: Melee ONLY players! If you are ONLY interested in melee then show up JUST on Sunday and your badge fee/venue fee is just 25$!
OPTION 1: Make posts in this thread and Houston players can maybe house you. I know for a fact that Sync=(713)-201-8338, PJ=(979)-320-4950, Esca=(409)-673-1166, P4=(832)-367-8727 all are notorious for housing here in Houston. OOS players have priority when it comes to housing.
OPTION 2: Rent out a hotel room at the WHOBO 3 venue(1-713-748-3221) and mention "anime matsuri" for a huge discount.. DO THIS ASAP OR YOU RISK THE CHANCE AT HAVING THE ROOMS ALREADY FILLED.
OPTION 3: Go to http://www.hotels.com and type in the address to WHOBO 3 and it will find you ALL the hotels(from dirt cheap to mega expensive) in a 50 mile radius of the WHOBO 3 venue. DO THIS ASAP OR YOU RISK THE CHANCE AT HAVING THE ROOMS ALREADY FILLED.
OPTION 4: Find out who is staying in a hotel and offer to help pay for some of the cost. By doing that you get housing AND its cheaper for everybody.
OPTION 5: http://www.couchsurfing.org/ this site allows you to find free housing from people all around the usa(in this case, you want houston ). However, you do not know who the person is untill you arrive at their house(you can call them ahead of time if u need to). There have been several smashers who did this and report back saying it was AWESOME. Its 99.99% safe but take caution just in case.
OPTION 6: Since the hotel/convention is open 24/7 for those 3 days you could TRY and sleep in the parking garage or in a random open room in the hotel.
By the way, the room we have to play smash in is open 24 hours a day for all 3 days. So if things run late, its ok. The schedule is not 100% finalized and Times may be changed. Keep checking back here for updates. BE IN THE THE TOURNAMENT ROOM 30MIN AHEAD OF TIME!
Fri 18th 2011
1 pm - Brawl 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
5 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Pools=15$
12 am - Rave=free
Sat 19th 2011
11:30 am - Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
3 pm - Brawl 2vs2 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=20$(1$ per person)
7 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=10$
12 am - Rave=free
Sun 20th 2011
11:30 am - Melee 1vs1=15$
1:30pm - Melee 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
6 pm - GTFO AND GO HOME
The PAYOUT for 1vs1 is:
(low tier may be different)
The PAYOUT for 2vs2 is:
(low tier may be different)
NEUTRAL: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Lylat
COUNTER-PICK: Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, Halberd, Castle Siege, Delfino, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Stadium 1
BANNED: Everything else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage then its ok
1. 3 stocks/8min
2. Items are set to "off" and "none"
3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
12. Pause rule. You are only allowed to pause the game if BOTH players agree. If a person pauses the game without the consent of the opponent, the offender loses 1 stock. A 2nd offense will result in a match loss. If(before the first match of the set) a player requests pause to be turned off, it MUST be turned off.
DeDeDe's Infinite grab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE(not even once). The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.
The standing Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned(do not even do it once). You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.
Bowser/Ganon/kirby/ddd suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death happens, Bowser/Ganon/kirby/ddd will be declared the winners.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.
MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule
ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).
Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)
Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.
All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
Items are OFF.
If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
Wobbling is legal
You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.
Pausing during a match will result in a loss of one stock during the match being played.
Fountain of Dreams
Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.
One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.
Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.
The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.
1. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION ABOUT ANYTHING, PLEASE POST HERE. If that does not work, please contact me through the following:
PHONE NUMBER: 409-692-0697
EMAIL: Was7x@hotmail.com(make sure you put WHOBO 3 as the title of the email)
You can also PM me here on SWF if u need to.
2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring wii/ssbb!!!!!!! We need to have 50-60 tv/wii/ssbb
3. March 18-20th is Spring Break for a lot of highschools and colleges across the USA! So expect a HUGE amount(no joke) of people to be at this event.
4. Here are the results of WORLD HOBO 1 and WORLD HOBO 2 in case you care!!! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229419
5. Other than smash, this event is an ANIME convention. There will be cosplay(hot girls)/ anime art/anime movie showings/manga/ anime toys/ food/Imported cars and a Rave at midnite on friday and saturday.
6. AllIsBrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10692
7. Live stream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/
8. Updates on twitter: http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series
9. Last but not least...............................
WHOBO 3 and COT 5 have joined forces!!!!!
The highest placing "SouthWest"(Az, Ut, Co, Nm, Tx, Ok, La, Ar) player at WHOBO 3(1vs1 only) will receive the "COT 5 COMBO!" This Delicious, Tasty and Nutritious combo consists of a free entry to COT5's 1vs1/2vs2 events as well as a pre-paid venue fee!
Example 1: Lets say GNES gets 3rd at WHOBO 3. As long as no other "southwest" player places ABOVE him, he gets the COT 5 COMBO.
Example 2: Lets say tyrant/ally/esam/adhd get 1st-4th but GNES and XYRO(both are from southwest) get 5th place. Who gets the COT5 COMBO? The 2 players MUST play out an entire set to see who will win the COT 5 COMBO.