• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Big ups to everyone who went to WHOBO3.

Sorry Rich Brown, I know you'll find a way to get past this.

Even with a non existent LGL there's gotta be a way to beat it...it'll take some time but I'm sure you and the Oli boys can figure something out.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
haters gonna hate.

btw, I hate this game....

DFEAR

Smash Hero
will is legit nuff said

fl hype, you know whats goin on?

:troll:

shoutouts later maybe i guess yea wynaut? :awesome:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Few words to say on the situation/event

1) Good **** to the top placers. I expected and wanted Ally to win. I expected Razer to ****, I have a huge crush on Dojo, and I'm not unsatisfied with ADHD's placing though I obviously would've been most pleased to see him in first place. Atomsk and Vinne holding down the next placings after that just adds a bit of spark to my already pleasant results.

2) Unless you mean to include me in your heckles, keep the BBR's name out of your mouth. I'm honestly getting tired of dealing with all of you morons who have no clue what you're talking about, but then want to say "BBR this, BBR that." Enough Mr. Nice Pierce. Know whose ruleset this was? Xyro's. Know who made this ruleset? BBR-RC, which is not the BBR. Know who IS in the BBR-RC? Xyro. Know who's in the BBR, but didn't have anything to do with this? Pierce, and quite a few other BBR members. Keep my name out of your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, enough is enough.

3) Shoutout to people speaking various truths. DMG on the forefront of this list.

4) Shoutout to the people with enough common sense to see that this game is clearly not dying, even if there are some people that want to play LoL or MvC3 or their other games. People that hate on the community are DELUSIONAL FOOLS. The Brawl community is young and imperfect, but it's also loving, growing, and strong, and shame on anyone who tries to downplay that. You wanna quit Brawl and move on with your life? I support you 100%, and I might miss you. But keep my community and our name from your mouth.

The rest can wait for the results thread.

EDIT:

Stop bringing up rich vs will its over.
Special shoutout for kids like this who try to dictate the flow of online discussion, especially when it's actually relevant. LOLOLOL. You'll save yourself a lot of stress if you leave the moderating to me bro.

Sync.

Smash Champion
4) Shoutout to the people with enough common sense to see that this game is clearly not dying, even if there are some people that want to play LoL or MvC3 or their other games. People that hate on the community are DELUSIONAL FOOLS. The Brawl community is young and imperfect, but it's also loving, growing, and strong, and shame on anyone who tries to downplay that. You wanna quit Brawl and move on with your life? I support you 100%, and I might miss you. But keep my community and our name from your mouth.
Thanks Pierce I keep saying this! Brawl has more years to grow look at Melee it's still going on! If people quit, have faith in the younger players who are willing to carry this game on! It's not the death of smash it's the death and rebirth of it with different generations!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah pj, leave the moderating to the great and almighty Pierce7d.

2) Unless you mean to include me in your heckles, keep the BBR's name out of your mouth. I'm honestly getting tired of dealing with all of you morons who have no clue what you're talking about, but then want to say "BBR this, BBR that." Enough Mr. Nice Pierce. Know whose ruleset this was? Xyro's. Know who made this ruleset? BBR-RC, which is not the BBR. Know who IS in the BBR-RC? Xyro. Know who's in the BBR, but didn't have anything to do with this? Pierce, and quite a few other BBR members. Keep my name out of your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, enough is enough.
Heh, I was trying to argue this on the livestream. I'm glad that you cleared it up for everyone, but I'm disgruntled at the fact that that you actually had to clear it up in the first place.

BBR =/= BBR-RC. Please think about where you're going to point your finger before you actually point it.

z00ted

like 90% of the smash community didn't know that until this event sparked up all this drama so you can't blame anyone but yourselves for not informing us.

as far as everything else you stated, I pretty much agree - good **** Pierce7d

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Few words to say on the situation/event

1) Good **** to the top placers. I expected and wanted Ally to win. I expected Razer to ****, I have a huge crush on Dojo, and I'm not unsatisfied with ADHD's placing though I obviously would've been most pleased to see him in first place. Atomsk and Vinne holding down the next placings after that just adds a bit of spark to my already pleasant results.

3) Shoutout to people speaking various truths. DMG on the forefront of this list.

The rest can wait for the results thread.

EDIT:

Special shoutout for kids like this who try to dictate the flow of online discussion, especially when it's actually relevant. LOLOLOL. You'll save yourself a lot of stress if you leave the moderating to me bro.
Theres nothing to moderate a-hole.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
like 90% of the smash community didn't know that until this event sparked up all this drama so you can't blame anyone but yourselves for not informing us.
Illmatic, what are you talking about?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292389

Members for the BBR-C are listed there. In addition:

Over the past few weeks a number of high profile Tournament Directors have been working together in order to finally begin the process of a standard ruleset for Brawl. These Tournament Directors will be coming together in unity to form the initial membership group for the BBR Ruleset Committee.
With the creation of the BBR Ruleset Committee, SWF and the BBR will be retiring the BBR Recommended Ruleset initiative.
The two posts above are directly from AZ's first post. It's pretty clear from both of those posts that the BBR has pretty much nothing to do with the BBR-C. The BBR-C is comprised of nothing but Tournament Organizers, all of whom are listed in the exact same post.

Want further proof prior to WHOBO3? The information was all given to you, I can assure you of that. We have AZ's BBR-C thread giving the names of all the members of the BBR-C, while in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264241

-we have all of the BBR Members. Pretty clear that there's quite the difference.

=====

The BBR (Pierce and AZ, in this scenario) gave you all the information you needed to know in those respective threads, both of which were made prior to WHOBO3.

In short? Don't say we didn't supply the information when it's pretty much right in front of you.

If anything, blame yourselves for not doing the research.

Suspect

Smash Hero
You know who is in the bbr and still hasn't answered my question?

A lot

How bout the almighty pierce answer it, what can d3 do to stop dks planking? Since chibo suggested counter picking d3 as a viable option

z00ted

Dang, i just got schooled.

I didn't read the whole thread beforehand Espy. I just assumed (and i'm sure alot of other people did also) that the BBR had an influence on the BBR-C's decisions.

You're right, my fault for not doing the research.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's all good, Illmatic. Just trying to clear up all the foggy bits.

I'll go ahead and point the finger at the name. BBR and BBR-C is misleading, since it implies that the BBR-C is some kind of affiliate since it shares the "BBR" portion of the title.

z00ted

yeah, that's exactly what I thought.

oh well - thanks for clearing things up.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I'm pretty late to this thread since I just got finished reading everything but I'd just like to say that the rave was amazing!! And I'm sad that I couldn't stay in Texas longer or at least until the end of all the events.

Btw shoutouts to Poltergust for going to the rave!!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Planking is just like a chess game to me. It ends in a stalemate. However, one can essentially call "stalling" for planking the ledge. Let's assume MK is on the ledge, grabbing it over and over again. If the other character goes to the other side and lets the MK back on stage, then the battle can resume. But, if the MK goes back to the ledge and continues planking, that's the perfect time to call "stalling." If I recall correctly, stalling is banned and can get the guilty party DQ'd.

That's my two cents.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You want proof that this ****ing game is dying? Dphat, Atomsk, and I planned on either this or Genesis 2 being our last "real" tournaments. Jason (even if you don't believe him) has recently talked about quitting Brawl/smash in general. People who like the game naturally, also have outside life **** to deal with. Dojo, Lee Martin, etc probably won't play much longer for their own reasons.
Oh noes 6 people contemplate quitting - this game is clearly dying!

:059:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Oh noes 6 people contemplate quitting - this game is clearly dying!

Your so silly thinking it's only 6 people just cause he didn't want to list exactly every one person that has chosen to quit this game recently

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Your so silly thinking it's only 6 people just cause he didn't want to list exactly every one person that has chosen to quit this game recently
Then who the **** are they? I always hear "omg so many people quitting" but nobody's able to show that quitting is a current trend [and even then only in a very specific area], nor that it is a bigger trend than new people joining.

Back your **** up.

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
Kain I don't go to much tourneys and am what you would consider a scrub and all. But you're spot on in what you're saying to these annoying people who don't I've never even heard of.

I don't get how people don't understand that the game is gonna die if 2/3 set take 18 - 20 mins to finish if it goes to game 3 and people play as gay as possible. I don't think anyone started playing Brawl or Smash in general with that in mind, being like OK I GOT TO PRACTICE MY PLANKING FIRST, NEED TO LEARN HOW TO TIME OUT MY OPPONENTS ITS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO PLAY. THEY CAN TRIP ALL OVER THE STAGE TRYING TO GET ME TOO LOLOLOLOL.

Why do people want this game to be gay? Brawl already has a horrible reputation, don't make it worse. I legitimately enjoy this game for how it focuses on reads less than combos. But I don't enjoy this game's defensive nature, it's already way too defensive as it is. There's just no need to make it more defensive IMO.

Just my opinion.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Then who the **** are they? I always hear "omg so many people quitting" but nobody's able to show that quitting is a current trend [and even then only in a very specific area], nor that it is a bigger trend than new people joining.

Back your **** up.

Why don't you go look at attendance it's right there in your face. Cause like Pound 5 and this had amazing *** national attendance. In TX a big *** state. Locals are barely big enough to go past 20 entrants at times depending on the area. The thing is when people quit, new people are supposed to replace them and that's not happening right now because the way the game is played doesn't exactly attract any one or get them interested which is basically what Alex Strife was trying to say. Why da **** do I need to list people's name just go lurk in tourny results threads and see for yourself that simple. You act like I don't see this with my own eyes or talk to people who also tell me their losing interest. Tournies in my own state use to get like 30-50 ppl and now it barely goes over 20 at times

Jebril

Smash Apprentice

Back your **** up.

Most people who play this game already are hating it, and a lot of EC players don't even wanna play this game anymore. I can list names if you want but I don't want to name drop. Let's just say even M2K said he didn't wanna play this game as much anymore, and Smash is like M2K's life it seems. Honestly it feels like the community holds the community together more than this game. You don't find people playing MvC3 or other games saying they hate the game they're into. It's really only with this game and it's really friggin sad if you don't get that.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
-waiting for results thread-

Will is the best raver in existence.

Also, Zeton's Fox got it in on Tyrant.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Back your **** up.

Futile
Fiction
Roy R
DSF (does he still play? I see him on League more than on Smashboards)
Teba
UTD Zac
Bwett
Drmariokart
Bowyer
Omniswell
Hungr (kinda)
Stiltz
Teh Spammer
Azen
Psychomidget
Blast
Mateo
Badnewsbear
Light
Forte (does he still play?!?)
CO18/HRNUT/florida has a **** ton that kinda sorta play Brawl but not on an active level
Anther
NeedlesofJuntah (**** what is his name)
XYZ
Melee1
Jumpman
Hugs
Aero (maybe)
Sethlon (lot of DFW people moved on to Marvel, League, or Starcraft)
Kos-Mos
Sars Pirate (maybe. Dunno who all from Oklahoma has gotten inactive over time, but I can tell you that list might be long)
Fliphop (Kinda)
Solaceon
Fattyfatfatso (dunno, haven't talked to Daniel in forever honestly)
Van Jones (kinda)
Wotts
etc

Namesearching DISABLED for this thread... Pray to god

There are a LOT of people that have quit for good, or play at an activity level that's sporadic. Whether they quit due to Brawl issues, real life issues, or whatever, they're either gone or at the brink of leaving the game.

Look: the truth is that this game will last at least 1-2 years. People like Ally guarantee this will happen. As long as there are people looking to make money at it, you'll see reasonable Brawl tournaments. But, in the short term and long term future, it's incredibly likely that we will lose more than "a few good men" given the track record Brawl has been on.

Why don't you go look at attendance it's right there in your face. Cause like Pound 5 and this had amazing *** national attendance. In TX a big *** state. Locals are barely big enough to go past 20 entrants at times depending on the area. The thing is when people quit, new people are supposed to replace them and that's not happening right now because the way the game is played doesn't exactly attract any one or get them interested which is basically what Alex Strife was trying to say. Why da **** do I need to list people's name just go lurk in tourny results threads and see for yourself that simple. You act like I don't see this with my own eyes or talk to people who also tell me their losing interest. Tournies in my own state use to get like 30-50 ppl and now it barely goes over 20 at times

Shh. Be quiet.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
dmg you quit years ago.

atomsk quits every national

tyrant too

i quit before whobo 1

dsf quit when he was 19

ultimately who cares LOL. see you next week and the week after that man.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
oh and prepare for some drama in the results thread. im quoting all kinds of **** form this thread and moving it to the results thread.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
You know who is in the bbr and still hasn't answered my question?

A lot

How bout the almighty pierce answer it, what can d3 do to stop dks planking? Since chibo suggested counter picking d3 as a viable option
First of all, it's not the responsibility of the BBR to answer your questions either.
Secondly, back when I took time out of my week EVERY WEEK, to answer questions on behalf of the BBR, the majority of people like you did NOT take advantage of this. We're not just some "on demand service" that you can just dumb all your problems on when something goes wrong. I love Brawl, and I know a lot of it, but I didn't build it, and I'll be damned if you think I'm going to just tolerate

Now as for your question (which you could just investigate yourself, if you really gave two ****s, or instead of targeting the BBR, target the person WHO SUGGESTED using D3 instead of Olimar), I guess I'll just answer since I am Pierce after all, and I happen to know the answer, even if you don't deserve it.

In 2008 my crew mate Munk used D3 against a player that camped on the edge in tournament. On the spot I realized that Waddle Doos laser beam extends past the edge, and has a firing duration well longer than some edge invincibility. I told him to throw a Waddle Doo and then just follow it to wait for the ultrasafe independent laser beam to force his opponent from the ledge. It worked perfectly, the opponent was forced from the ledge, and my crewmate won the match. Unlike MK, DK cannot fly, sink below the laser beam, until it's fully over, wait for D3 to get off the ledge if he decided to hog it under the safety of cover fire, and STILL regrab. Since I'm not home, I can't even turn on my Wii and just experiment to find out what he can do with just his aerials, but somehow, I doubt you were productive enough to even try to find this out yourself.

If I can figure out how to "deal with it" as Xyro suggested in my noobiest 08 days, I'm sure that you all can start putting your brains together a little better than that. For those of you that are complaining about Will vs. Rich, did anyone even TRY to see what that MU really looks like? How many of you honestly got a friend (any of the other people complaining will do nicely), turned on your Wii, picked DK and Olimar, and begun to even see if DK planking Olimar is even viable? Did you try hogging the edge? Did you try whistle to Uair? Did you try descending Nair to trade, into instant Olimar UpB? Hell, did you even watch the match?

That being said, as much as I kinda wanna leave the LGL off for the sake of learning, I'd rather actually fight people and see whose better at smash, than to let the game degenerate into getting the lead and abusing a location that is hard to access and grants invincibility. Clearly, that's not healthy for the game any way you slice it. OH SNAP, I'M IN THE BBR, AND I HAVE THE SAME OPINION AS YOU. WHO YOU GONNA BLAME NOW?

dmg you quit years ago.
atomsk quits every national
tyrant too
i quit before whobo 1
dsf quit when he was 19
ultimately who cares LOL. see you next week and the week after that man.
QUOTED FOR THE GREATEST TRUTH. Also, who cares if players quit? Do you want me to bring up the list of old SF/Melee/Marvel players that have moved on with their lives? The fact is, Smash is a popular franchise, and the community is still comprised of some hundreds and possibly thousands of people. You're still spending your precious leisure time logging onto SMASHBOARDS, and if this isn't your free time, that just proves my point even further. Quit insulting the masses just because something doesn't go your way.

IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE, THAN LEAVE. OTHERWISE, PLEASE KINDLY KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY SMASH, OR EVEN COME ON SMASHBOARDS. THE FACT THAT YOU'RE READING THIS RIGHT NOW IS EVIDENCE THAT YOU CLEARLY SEE SOMETHING YOU WANT HERE, SO IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE PRODUCTIVE AND TRY AND IMPROVE THINGS AROUND YOU, STOP BEING A NEGATIVE PRESENCE.

I'm frustrated right now because people are too cowardly to direct their problems where they really belong, so they target groups. This is PREJUDICE AND COWARDICE. Instead of placing the blame of the problem at the root of the problem, people like to dump it on "The BBR" or "The Smash/Brawl Community". I'm part of both those groups, and for my entire time on Smashboards, I've done nothing EXCEPT TRY TO MAKE THINGS IN SOME WAY BETTER FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.

So the fact that I'm not acting like Mr. Nice Guy anymore shouldn't really come as a shock, considering how exceptionally rude many of you have been to me and the people I represent.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The decision to have a MK only lgl was made by Xyro. He has had this rule for a while now for his Hobo series before the BBRRC even thought of doing a mk lgl. He has had it since Febuary for Hobo 23 over a year ago, before there even was the BBRRC.

Btw, the BBRRC ruleset is not even out yet. Not only that, but its not even done. So this decision was more Xyro's than anyone else's decision.

At past Hobos the rule was fine but at a National lvl (especially with my gay region involved) **** gets abused. I'm very happy that this did happen so that discussion over this subject could be brought up and fixed.

I also agree with Pierce in that people need to stfu and actually check stuff out before pointing fingers and assuming this that and the third.

People have been saying they hate Brawl since the day the game came out and alot of them are still playing to this day.

There are many MVC3 pros who hate on MVC3 so why am I hearing that there aren't? Justin Wong was talking against it the other day.

As for that list of people who quit, players always quit all the time. Showing a list of even 100 people won't matter cause its the same for pretty much every other fighting game community over the past couple years.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have no idea what DMG and Kain are talking about.

San Antonio and RGV are some of the hardest areas to get numbers at in Texas, and our last tournaments gathered 40 people each. That's pretty damn solid for a "dying" game, especially considering our location.

DMG, that's a nice list of people, except you're including people from way back in 2008 and whatnot (DMK, for example). If you're gonna do that, you might as well make a list of players who entered the scene around that same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom