• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who sandbags hard in friendlies with ic?

meepxzero

Smash Master
Why outsmart whoever ur playing when all u want to do is practice your infinites before your tourney matches?

*is happy with an empty tv to practice lvl 9 cpu*

anyone else have this same mindset as me?

Smoom77

Smash Master
In friendlies I sandbag a lot. I try chaingrabs that I'm not comfortable with/is flashy, but I don't just let them go. In tournament, I sandbag slightly (not on purpose). I just feel bad that I'm winning with an infinite. Xyro (TO) is always telling me how my infinite is legit since it's hobbling. I lololol.

Edit: In friendlies, I only sandbag against people of my level. I don't sandbag against high-skilled players.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I just feel bad that I'm winning with an infinite. Xyro (TO) is always telling me how my infinite is legit since it's hobbling. I lololol.
i feel that it takes my more skill to hobble with 100% accuracy than passing the foe back and foth like a normal infinite.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
In tournament, I sandbag slightly (not on purpose). I just feel bad that I'm winning with an infinite.
What is this nonsense?
You main IC , feel no guilt , show no mercy brawls gay.

Practicing cg's in training mode alone on a tv is a way better warm-up for me than friendlies.
But I usually do that before I leave so I can enjoy mm's and what not.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Xyro lmao, thats kinda stupid but sure w/e.

Either way, i do. Save if its some MM/honor match.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
The best infinite ever is roll forwards to fthrow to regrab to repeat.

By far.

Other fan favorites for common cg'ing include passing between platforms on battlefield, passing Falco across FD back and forth at low %s, and moving "forwards" with fthrow to bthrow to fthrow to bthrow. Looks like you're spinning. =D

Prawn

Smash Master
Now that I actually have started to do my infinites well I sandbag against people so they don't get practice against my grab setups/other gameplay type elements.

If I go ICs in a friendly now-a-days its with a friend I play a lot anyway. Other than that I fool around with characters, I've been going A LOT of DK and Diddy Kong lately. Too much fun.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I quit IC a couple months ago, but whenever I use them in friendlies now, I don't chain grab at all (unless I'm fighting someone that I would potentially counterpick IC against in tournament now, which for now is only MK). I just do normal throws with them otherwise, sometimes Fthrow > Nana Usmash.

Also, o.O @ Xyro saying hobbling is harder. Hobbling is WAY easier than chain grabbing with them...

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I'm way too guilty of this XD.

It's like how many grabs can I spam against said person, surprisingly I still pull it off :laugh:.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I never sandbag, maybe not playing my best on purpose, but for the sole reason of mindgameing the opponent "it can be/is easy/possible" to win against ICs, then BAM we play in tournament and all those friendlieslolpattern is gone and it´s time to get those grabs, not fail in CG, and maybe sometimes using things that worked in the friendlies for some reason XD

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i feel that it takes my more skill to hobble with 100% accuracy than passing the foe back and foth like a normal infinite.
Hahaha hobbling is the easiest form of cging. Just mash X and you get an auto footstool. Alternating throws are so much harder.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
in friendlies? i sandbag with link so i can see if they try to kill be on stage or go for the gimp. it lets me know if they'll focus more on Popo or Nana. for example, people that go for the gimp on link will focus on gimping/killing nana if they manage to separate whereas people that try to fight link on stage focus more on killing the main climber.

i did this yesterday against a Fox/Sonic. i let him 3 stock my link so he felt really good, than i MM'd him and ***** his *** with ICs. he got 1 kill on me first match because i was just over 200%.

get mind-****ed.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i also try not to use ics in friendlies. i don't really sandbag. when i'm up 2 stocks ill try new chain grabs or try an ice lock across the stage.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I picked up ICs just to annoy people in friendlys, that would destroy the purpose.

Top Bottom