• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who does MK have trouble with?

Stiyp.NewT

Smash Rookie
I'm sure there have been posts on this same topic before, but what character does MK have trouble against? "Snake" is not a valid answer as well. :)

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm sure there have been posts on this same topic before, but what character does MK have trouble against? "Snake" is not a valid answer as well. :)
No one, except, possibly lucario can give him a little trouble. But I suppose, massive skill > skilled metaknights

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
It depends on the player. The character has no bad match ups, but the player might have one.

Fox gives me the most trouble.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I been wondering this for awhile, but when are you going to change that Marth avatar of yours and change that Marth icon to MK?

haha.

acv

Smash Journeyman
starfox characters,DK,snake,lucario,diddy kong,mr. GaW and most importantly other MKs.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I been wondering this for awhile, but when are you going to change that Marth avatar of yours and change that Marth icon to MK?

haha.
I'll probably 60/40 in Marth's favor right now in terms of whoo I use the most. Only reason I don't go all Marth is because I don't wanna sell out my favorite character like that.

Master Raven

Smash Master
He doesn't really have any terrible matchups, but there ARE characters you can use that have a decent-good advantage against MK. Snake, DK, Diddy and Falco are good examples.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
It depends on the player. The character has no bad match ups, but the player might have one.

Fox gives me the most trouble.
what he said ^^^ it depends on who the player has trouble with. Character wise hes got vertically none, but if i had to say one, then it'd be snake

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I really don't see how Falco has much of an advantage against MK. I used to play Falco for a short period of time and MK was always one of my hardest matchups. The matchup always goes back and forth between good, bad, and neutral for both of them but from experience I really believe that it's in Meta Knight's favor. MK is too short for the lasers, has a better air game in general (Falco's only good aerials are his bair and his dair, which are both kill moves, his other aerials are only about average compared to MK's), Falco can't chain throw MK for very long (if he gets a chainthrow off at all), and he gimps Falco very easily (Not as easily as the other space animals, but gimping is gimping).

Anyway, I've found that DK, G&W, and Toon Link in particular can be difficult if you don't know how to deal with them, especially DK.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Toon Link VS MK is easily in MK's favor. Bombs will give him trouble, yes, but any smart player will be able to avoid them, and his tornado and drill rush basically rip through two of his other projectiles, and once MK gets in TL's face then he's in big trouble.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Every individual MK has their own weakness based on their respective playing styles. Therefore, Meta Knight's weakness is every character, but no specific character. I don't beleive Snake is a "legit" counterpick. -.-

OverLade

Smash Hero
Good toon links are ****in hard.

Diddy, Falco, GaW, snake, DK, Wolf, and ROB can fight MK pretty evenly, though still in MKs favor minus Snake.

AlexOFranco

Smash Rookie
I really don't see how Falco has much of an advantage against MK. I used to play Falco for a short period of time and MK was always one of my hardest matchups. The matchup always goes back and forth between good, bad, and neutral for both of them but from experience I really believe that it's in Meta Knight's favor. MK is too short for the lasers, has a better air game in general (Falco's only good aerials are his bair and his dair, which are both kill moves, his other aerials are only about average compared to MK's), Falco can't chain throw MK for very long (if he gets a chainthrow off at all), and he gimps Falco very easily (Not as easily as the other space animals, but gimping is gimping).

Anyway, I've found that DK, G&W, and Toon Link in particular can be difficult if you don't know how to deal with them, especially DK.
Yeah, he`s a smaller target. a fast attacker and has great gimping ability. MK does give me trouble even level 9s can be an annoyance if I try to use my usual Short hop double laser, it`s not worth trying if he isn`t stunned. and his 5 jumps and smaller size make him harder to spike than other characters. ( he can come in low and rise to the ledge or glide back from high altitude). Sure Falco has power over him but with no attack accuracy you won`t raise his damage up effectively and when he is in killing status if you let your Kill moves like Up Smash and Back-Air decay from over-use in the damaging process you`ll have to resort to your slower Forward Smash or the short range of your Down-Smash. Which just aren't dependable enough for knocking out a opponent who could been taken out at like 85 damage. had you saved your Up-Smash till the dire moment. AND GOOD LUCK WITH CHAIN GRABS 2 OR 3 GRABS, TOPS.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Tlink, Falco, Fox (Kinda) and other MK's

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if he has any, but I think possibly one, particularly one I have trouble with, is Diddy Kong. The rest doesn't seem to give me any problems though, including Snake *knock on wood*.

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you want to beat diddy. Learn to glide toss and pressure him. Once you have that down just pick lylat cruise I swear.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The ones I play have trouble with Yoshi's chain to Usmash kill on him...

popsofctown

Smash Champion
by "has trouble with" do you mean his matchups that are only moderately in MK's favor? You're lookin at Diddy, Lucario, and DK.

Mankey, Primape, and Lucario.... ha ha haa

Top Bottom