• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who does MK have trouble with?

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Chis' Sonic!

On a serious note. MK has about 4 or 5, 60-40 matchups. And a few more 50-50 matchups. Rest are in MK's favor. But only if you the individual knows your opposition, it's all very relevant in the longrun. MK will most probably win if he plays his cards right. [The player behind the MK, not the character.

People who are saying MK's only & outrright `worst` matchup is himself in a ditto obviously is looking at it entirely wrong. Such thinking will ultimately be you're downfall in the longrun. Especially if you're main is MK.

MK is the most used, observed, and studied charracter in brawl at the time being. I believe that will be his downfall as time goes on. He's still a beast though, and always will be.

PS: I don't feel like posting why or which characters, creating endless long post arguements an debates back an forth on what characters & why. Pretty sure every smart open minded MK user has different difficulty's being against different styles of characters for different reasons.

MK's not invincible' he's just a pain in the ***. :D

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
MK has trouble with REALLY REALLY REALLY skilled players.

That's all.

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Snake isn't that bad. and believe it or not I think Zsamus... Normally I say she's not too good, but some of her airs seem to trump/beat out metaknights. specifically her Dair and Uair. Also her up smash stops most anything from attacking her from above and her upB can do just about the same and lead to combo. I've been working on it a bit, not to mention her Uair gets decent kills on him since he's so light. And done right she can pull some real nasty combos. I'm going to work on it a bit more and see if there is more or less truth then I believe right now

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Also past that try to find the players weakness over the chars weakness. That's the best way to play, total adaptability to different play styles

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
And you'd like to claim this how?

Falco's lasers surpass Meta Knight in priority on everything, including the Tornado, and forces Meta Knight approach, putting Falco at the advantage in both circumstances. His Reflector also out ranges and out prioritizes all of Meta Knights moves If he needs to retreat, he has short hop Phantasm to do so and it is very effective at resetting spacing. His Nair goes through the Glide Attack meaning he is always safe from an approaching Meta Knight through the Glide. He has a Chain Grab that leads him to a guaranteed 60%, and Meta Knight dies early enough as it is. Falco also has a decent melee set of moves that are sufficient enough to compete at close combat.

G&W turtle out ranges all of Meta Knights moves excluding maybe the third FTilt strike, and it even goes through the Glide Attack. All of G&W's attacks have huge disjointed hitboxes that are capable of beating out most of Meta Knights moves. Even the Mach Tornado loses to a plethora of attacks that in most cases will endanger Meta Knight rather than actually help him. Uair and Up B are both capable of popping Meta Knight into the air where he is helpless and susceptible to a free smash of the users choice. Uair will also relieve decay on G&W's attacks very easily with the extended hitbox length. G&W's invincibility and huge hit box on his Up B ensures that Meta Knight will rarely ever gimp G&W; an advantage Meta Knight usually has on most characters. DThrow to Jab or DSmash are only avoidable via tech (which can then be tech chased to a smash), and DSmash kills at low percent. And lets not forget that G&W hits significantly hard than Meta Knight, and will mean he will die much earlier in this match.

Donkey Kong out ranges, out powers, out weighs, and out lasts Meta Knight in almost every way. Despite all those characteristics, he's fast as well. FTilt and DTilt out ranges practically everything Meta Knight has, if not everything. UTilt also ensures Meta Knight can't camp with Dair, and Uair threatens to kill Meta Knight if he camps too high. Bair extends farther than all of Meta Knights aerials and is has almost no lag attached. Donkey Punch, FSmash and DSmash all go through the Tornado and kill Meta Knight at very stupid percents. Most people claim Meta Knight has the advantage due to the Tornado, which is hard to see when you consider that DK can go through it with a variety of moves. Let's no forget that if Meta Knight is grabbed at 50% near the edge, he dies.

Snake has no reason to even approach Meta Knight. With three moves, he has the advantage until Meta Knight closes the distance: Grenade, FTilt, UTilt. Grenades along with C4 and Mines ensure Meta Knight cannot keep his distance or approach carelessly without taking high percents of damage. Grenade Stripping ensures Meta Knight also can't pick up the Grenades and throw them back, forcing him to approach. FTilt will out range almost anything Meta Knight tries from there, and if he uses Tornado (and gets past any Grenades that were thrown at him before using it), UTilt will go right through it. UTilt also ensures he doesn't Dair camp, and kills Meta Knight very early. Mortar Slide grants Snake mobility that he otherwise would not have in this match up, and can act as tool to reset spacing to repeat the Grenade Camping or to set up for an edge guard. USmash and Nikita ensure that Meta Knight cannot safely return, and he is in danger of meeting with Snakes attacks once he lands on stage. DThrow sets up for free Dash Attacks or FTilts, which is an awesome kill set up. Dair and Nair will also kill very well, and Dair will eat a Meta Knights shield if he chooses to try and block. Despite Snakes Cypher being easy to abuse, if the Snake player uses proper DI, it will allow Snake to use the Cypher high up meaning that there is little Meta Knight can do. From there, he is forced to work around Grenades, falling C4 and the timing of Snakes air dodges in order to take the advantage. Because of this, Meta Knight has to attempt to actually knock Snake into a blastzone, which is very difficult to do because of how absurdly heavy Snake happens to be.

"lol no" isn't a smart argument.
Quoted for truth. Get smart and realize that MK does have bad match ups. He will never be banned. And whatever Meta Knight guide that says he has no counters is full of nonsense.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
Quoted for truth. Get smart and realize that MK does have bad match ups. He will never be banned. And whatever Meta Knight guide that says he has no counters is full of nonsense.
The term "counter" is subjective. A 4/6 matchup to most people doesn't mean that the character is countered, but in this case when you don't have many(if any) characters with a worse matchup, you might consider it as such.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I think Metaknight has the most difficulty with DK due to range, power and a super armoured UpB.

Tujex

Smash Ace
DK>MK
Snake>MK
and I believe I heard Yoshi>MK

But that might have just been some fanatics overexaggerating the dino's moves

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
DK>MK
Snake>MK
and I believe I heard Yoshi>MK

But that might have just been some fanatics overexaggerating the dino's moves
All wrong.

MK>DK

MK gets just within DK's f-tilt range and he's pretty much stuck. Once he actually commits to one of his unsafe totally unsafe options, MK punishes with his much better rushdown. DK is also rather vulnerable to gimping, something MK does well. And simply put, MK's actual tools for spacing are a great deal better, so we can assume that MK will be able to get the spacing unless skill favors the DK player significantly enough to overcome the disadvantage.

Still range and priority as well as sheer power make this a 60-40 (plus the fact that MK is screwed if he can't space it properly).

MK>Snake

MK safely outranges Snake with his Melee attacks. Sure Snake outranges MK, but all his options in that regard are totally unsafe.

MK also has far better spacing tools (try doing Snake aerials... you'll get it, sure they're useful, but they're so punishable so he can't throw them out constantly to space with them).

Don't even get me started on who has better rushdown and recovery harassment...

Morter slide is useful, but if it's too predictable, it's easy to counter.

Snake however, does have every move as a kill move (basically) and 'nades pretty much eliminate tornado and a lot of MK's other options. That's why it's just 60-40.

MK=Yoshi (slight advantage to MK but in neutral range).

Yoshi has nice chaingrabs on MK, his pivot grab works insanely well on MK, and he has great release options.

MK is Mk... pretty much, he has a lot of options to punish Yoshi, a better spacing game, better recovery, you know the drill.

It's a close match-up, Yoshi's character-specific advantages vs. MK's general brokenness, but in the end MK comes off slightly better, but not enough to be an advantage.

Lol.

G&W wins against MK if MK doesn't use his rushdown which is far superior, all G&W really has is spacing tools (turtle) and a good downsmash. MK's is better btw.

Falco is a no for pretty much the same reason he loses to Marth, only MK can be chaingrabbed more, but has better overall attributes. Once MK gets into proper range, Falco is at a sever disadvantage, and he doesn't have the tools to stop it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
All wrong.

MK>DK

MK gets just within DK's f-tilt range and he's pretty much stuck. Once he actually commits to one of his unsafe totally unsafe options, MK punishes with his much better rushdown. DK is also rather vulnerable to gimping, something MK does well. And simply put, MK's actual tools for spacing are a great deal better, so we can assume that MK will be able to get the spacing unless skill favors the DK player significantly enough to overcome the disadvantage.

Still range and priority as well as sheer power make this a 60-40 (plus the fact that MK is screwed if he can't space it properly).

MK>Snake

MK safely outranges Snake with his Melee attacks. Sure Snake outranges MK, but all his options in that regard are totally unsafe.

MK also has far better spacing tools (try doing Snake aerials... you'll get it, sure they're useful, but they're so punishable so he can't throw them out constantly to space with them).

Don't even get me started on who has better rushdown and recovery harassment...

Morter slide is useful, but if it's too predictable, it's easy to counter.

Snake however, does have every move as a kill move (basically) and 'nades pretty much eliminate tornado and a lot of MK's other options. That's why it's just 60-40.

MK=Yoshi (slight advantage to MK but in neutral range).

Yoshi has nice chaingrabs on MK, his pivot grab works insanely well on MK, and he has great release options.

MK is Mk... pretty much, he has a lot of options to punish Yoshi, a better spacing game, better recovery, you know the drill.

It's a close match-up, Yoshi's character-specific advantages vs. MK's general brokenness, but in the end MK comes off slightly better, but not enough to be an advantage.

Lol.

G&W wins against MK if MK doesn't use his rushdown which is far superior, all G&W really has is spacing tools (turtle) and a good downsmash. MK's is better btw.

Falco is a no for pretty much the same reason he loses to Marth, only MK can be chaingrabbed more, but has better overall attributes. Once MK gets into proper range, Falco is at a sever disadvantage, and he doesn't have the tools to stop it.
This.

Metaknight can camp against GaW and win easily, as GaW really doesn't have any good options for approaching MK that he can't shield and punish. Watch how Clouderz handles GaW. If he does get hits in, and luckily get a kill, but if you know GaW, he's not as much of a threat as ppl think.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Clouderz+vs+Valdens&search=Search

And Falco vs. Metaknight is an almost even match up. Falco has more on MK than most people think. The chaingrab is an instant 50+ %, and laser camping can rack up damage while safely staying outside his range. A DAC usmash comes out fast, and will kill MK at 110%.

Watch my matches, or DSF vs. SK92 to get what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Redhalberd+vs+Master+Raven&search_type=&aq=f

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
He doesn't have trouble with anyone, just the player not knowing what he's doing.

For me, it's Fox. He rips my MK into peices and forces me to use Marth. I can handle just about any character with him, but Fox just messes my entire game up. Obviously, it's me f*cking up, because MK should destroy Fox.

Really, it's just the player not knowing what they're doing. MK has an advantage against everyone.

Top Bottom