• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

tibs7

Smash Champion
The main issue with these cp's is it makes it impossible to win the set if a non mk,wario,gnw main loses game 1.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
how about LESS gay stages instead of more gay stages + mk ban
ban mk? ahahaha
after m2k at robocop its snake, wario, snake, diddy, marth, game and watch, peach/zss, snake...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
we dont need to ban mk here. nor do we need to ban all the gay stages. just the ones that make sets un-comebackable.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Nah he woulda lost if he versed anti an possibly ally. He got pretty lucky.

ADHD was the better the player when he played m2k.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I asked CAO which ones he wanted and he told me he didn't want any of them and that Smash was going to have a relaxed end of year.
It's not too late to get more medals though if you want to convince him otherwise

most improved for brawl and melee!!!
toshiba? earl?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
omg dean for most improved, he's now best marth in aus by miles
i need to look at a bracket from late 09, i know viva is **** now but i can't remember when he was crap... well i can but when the hell was that

Attila_

BRoomer
i'd say dean is quite possibly best at the marth snake mu, although i dunno if he's good enough to be best in aus. i'd actually say splice is most improved. earl's dropped a couple of places since he picked up marth, and hasn't taken a set of me in ages.

actually, jei is most definitely the most improved. how did i forget that one...

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
C'mon guys, I have some skills but I lack the all-round game to be comparable to the other top Marths in Australia. Anyways, I don't think my improvement has been that marked; I burst onto the scene at the end of '09 and snagged the 10th PR spot on the first list, but I haven't improved as much as I would've liked since then. tbh I set myself a goal at the end of last year of making top 8 at least once this year and I haven't done that ; (

Jei was good last year, and I don't think he's improved comparatively as much as the other players in our scene. Like, last year he was in our top 5-6 players. I really do think guys like Viva, Gary, Leiaha, Conor and Khoa are our biggest improvers.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Lol no way me, i've improved a little, but not nearly as much as I improved over the course of last year.

I'd prolly go Leisha for most improved.

Attila_

BRoomer
last year jei was near the bottom of the pr (iirc). now he takes games off top players (myself, tibs, ted) pretty consistently.

oh, and he won crews for vic.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i was under the impression earl won crews for vic lol
what was viva placing last year? 17th?

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Jei was PR 5th last year. Made a couple of Grand Finals as well. And ViVa placed 17th, 9th and 33rd in the final three tournaments of last year.
Oh yeah, Scott did 3-stock me in a friendly at N2C before Robocop.
:)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
From what I've seen from VIC Brawl this year (which is actually a decent amount), I'd have to say Viva and Jei have both really picked up their game.

I'd like to point out while Jei's placings haven't changed much, he's put in the effort recently to almost completely change how his Pit has been playing, an aspect of playing Smash which many people seem to struggle with. I think it's got a bit to do with him getting a lot more enthusiastic about getting better at this game (at least from what I've seen). But point is, yeah, he's definitely impressed me with how he plays now.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
he also carried me to... 5th or 7th in brawl teams at robocop
and we could have placed much higher
so good at 1v2

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Thanks guys ^^
You can all blame Khoa for my improvement, he's the one that inspired me to try to get better then took me by the hand and showed me how to go about doing it.
That and I've been taking feedback way more seriously lately from people like Gary, Attila, Ted and Luke amongst others.

That being said, this improvement has only been noticable in the last 2 months or so and it's true, I've only dropped on the VIC PR.

I vote Viva or Leisha for most improved.

earla

Smash Lord
just letting people know. the N2C prices are not a issue anymore.

generally 3-5 people play most thursdays.

i pay 3 dollars and stay as long as i'd like. some people just walk in which is cool too.

everyone is welcome.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Oh really? Ah i think i remember you mentioning that. I'll try pop in more once i start getting more shifts and get my bank account to a stable condition first xP

As for most improved, I'd say either Jei or viva would be my votes.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Which events were we going to do at the tourney? I forget. Wouldn't mind a random event or low tier event, as I'm far more likely to do well in those than normal singles.
I got a new TV, I'll probably bring it although because it's LCD it lags like a tiny bit even with the HDMI cables I think, I hardly notice it when I'm playing though. Should I bring this over my current TV (which is prone to blacking out spontaneously on rare occasions)?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Bring what you prefer -- the community will use it regardless :)

This is also a reminder for those who currently have CW TVs to bring them to the Convent on tournament day.

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
hi all vic people, my name is Felix and i like to party. I play Ike and have beatin all ACT "greats".. at least once (it's funny cause it's true), i'd like to come to a meet somwhere round mel. living in richmond at the moment. dont know **** bout the mel scene, so if someone would like to call 0425 870749 to enlighten me it'd be appericated. if you feel that as to socially akward just send me a message on here. i most likely wont check the boards for like 2-3 weeks, so wont see any immediate responses. any meets would greatly help me from spending my money on cocaine and hookers, so cantact me plz

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
What part of Richmond are you in? I live immediately south of the river, which makes it South Yarra instead of Richmond, but around Swan Street heaps.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol felix, I knew you couldnt resist the lure of smash.

he's beaten every single act player in at least one match...
geddit?

felix is cool so dont corrupt him with your vile ways metabourne.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah, he's the american guy
not to be confused with our other felix (blakmane) that plays zss

Top Bottom