• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
In a lot of other competitive games strategies are formed and become very stage/map centralized. I think people look at brawl too much of a fighting game where stages shouldnt change the way a fight happens. I disagree though, I think brawl has enough strategy in it to warrant stages forcing you to alter the strategy to suite the stage.
imo, We should be more flexible on the CP stages and have more bans to stop some chars getting CP *****. It brings depth and variety to the game and can make things more interesting.

If you get hit into some stage hazard and lose while outplaying them before hand then it is a mistake to have been hit into the hazard in the first place. If you knew the stage changes and hazards very well then you would know to avoid attacks that would send you into the hazardous direction.
If you find yourself focusing more on avoiding hazards then fighting then I think you need more practice on the stage and also learn to add strategy to work with the hazards.

imo brawl is a strategy/fighter, not just a fighter where stages should make no difference.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i still think fd needs to move to starter, if for no other reason than to meet international standards. lylat isn't a starter stage.

and rc needs to be considered for cp, while norfair is a definite (but very sad) no. japes needs discussion.

tibs7

Smash Champion
I say if we do bring such gay into out stagelist then mk should only be allowed to cp certain ones, this is the only way we can limit mk's options ever IMO :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if the neutrals aren't fun enough for you then maybe don't play brawl
otherwise don't take away what little competitiveness it has left

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
how is restricting that similar to banning... we already have special ledge grab and IDC rules... MK is an exception to the whole stage striking system cos he dosent have a bad stage and has too many good ones, so take away his ability to pick these fun stages

Attila_

BRoomer
also fd should never ever ever be a starter its one of the most unbalanced maps eva
against who? diddy? that's one character, buddy.

unlike lylat, which is **** for mk, marth and snake, and horrible for a bunch of other (lower tier) characters. gg.

swordsaint

Smash Master
seriously attila

get it in your head that those characters won't have to play on it. striking exists to try and find a balanced stage in each and every matchup. replacing lylat with fd won't do that. you'll break so many campers.

at least with lylat in place there will be matchups that are neutral here, and even for the ones that aren't, they won't play on it and will find a more neutral stage.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Holy crap... I've never even realised it's g2. I've Always read it as 2g.

Ledge is 2g. Epic mindgames.

That being said, FD is **** for perhaps... Falco, ICs, Diddy... Good for Snake... 'bout it.

Attila_

BRoomer
my point exactly scoot, you can always strike it. the thing about fd (when compared to lylat at least) is that its pretty rarely an 'auto strike' stage (a stage that you have to strike or lose the first match). this provides a pretty strong contrast to lylat, which i do believe needs to be striked against mk and (for most mus) snake.

i also think that mk is arguably the only one who 'doesn't do well there' (as in, does better elsewhere), while he gets significant boosts from lylat and sv, meaning he chooses the stage he'd like from there. although a similar situation occurs against diddy (fd and sv need to be striked in almost every mu), personally i'd rather have the monkey pick a stage than mk.

not to mention fd brings in some variety into the starting selection. as timic put it, its the only stage in the game without platforms. and at the same time, it doesn't really overly favour any single character(s) (unlike lylat).

and finally, adopting the us ruleset would make our players more successful there. gotta start practicing properly, guys.

@zxv: falco and ics prefer bf in almost every mu, and snake doesn't really gain anything from fd (its not bad, but not good, either).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Had a meeting with Yug from Brisbane -- he's currently building a Mana Bar in the most ****tastic part of town (Brunswick St, Fitzroy), and has asked CouchWarriors staff to host events in the bar once in opens in December/early-January. I had a visit of the space today; it's significantly larger than the Mana Bar in Fortitude Valley, with 2 floors, 2-3 gaming areas/lounges and a rear smoking alley/courtyard. Also, I believe there may now be an effort to install tv setups in the bar that will minimize lag, so you can expect me to be hosting Smash-themed nights sometime there in the near future.

18+ only, sorry minors!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
and at the same time, it doesn't really overly favour any single character(s)
spotted this and decided not to read.:oneeye:

Do you know you said pretty much the same thing last time? You know, where in the same post/paragraph you mention Diddy Kong.

Guess how many characters are auto lose on Final D against Diddy, Falco, ICs, or various other strong campers?
Include the whole "once they get a lead" notion, and then you throw in a ****ton of other characters too who can freely gay you.

Attila_

BRoomer
cao is amazing. booze and smash sounds like an amazing combination.

@shaya: as stated, falco and ics are better on fd. diddy is the only real worry. and mk is autowin on lylat against most of the cast, anyway.

Splice

Smash Hero
Stagelist is fantastic.

Inclusion of FD for pools but not as a starter is ingenious... well i like it.
Those 4 stages extra for doubles will work their way into singles (or out of consideration) over time, which is good.

Don't see why banning MK would make them better, btw, at least one of those stages in orange are a decent MK CP for quite a lot of characters in the game.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
MK on Lylat auto win against most the cast? wtf lol, just cos i like the stage in general doesn't make it a good stage for MK, infact i get CP'd to Lylat often. M2K said he didnt like the stage. There are a few tricks MK can't do on the Ledges. Also some char's attacks with weird disjoints like GaW Dsmash can get range boosts with the tilts making it very dangerous for MK. ohh and i think chars with fast aerial mobility handle the tilting better then floaty chars like MK.

Splice

Smash Hero
and mk is autowin on lylat against most of the cast, anyway.
You are supposed to use facts when trying to discuss things, where applicable, attlia.
Lylat has tilts and platform cancels.
Tilts bad for MK and some chars benefit from platform cancels more than MK.
Lylats edges are **** for MK imo.

This is a stage where I believe a handful (2 handfuls?) of characters can CP MK with a good reason.

@Leisha: I really hope you can see why RC is a better stage than Spear Pillar.

patv

Smash Journeyman
@Leisha : spear piller isnt fun :( we were playing banned stages tourney with 5 min timer and vsing ricky. he was sonic i was rob and he killed me once, then ran the heck away from me. What can poor rob do?!

Attila_

BRoomer
I used to cp mk to lylat, then m2k showed me how the stage can be abused. Sv I'd also somewhere I won't take an mk again.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
what, how far behind are you guys, taking mk to lylat is a very bad idea.
espcially with snake, not withstanding that there are a bunch of better cp's that stand out anyways.

**** ledges, **** tilts, **** all that.
mk can air camp all day, an despite what you might think, you cant do **** about it

Top Bottom