• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VENGEANCE Results - April 7th, 2012 - Cincinnati, OH

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shugo doesn't live here anymore and some of the God Kai (Infern/Y.b.M.) are gone and MK is banned, no idea where Blue Rogue is but still...I really should go to more tournaments in Ohio...

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Wat? I don't think that was me
Overswarm said:
Fun tourney. Still a lot of silly mistakes being made by me (running out of gas, wtf?) but my marth is getting a bit better. Dunno if I'll stick to using him, I need to find a character other than ROB to play.

Wish someone had beaten that ZSS/Lucas team in doubles, Kel and I lost to them twice and got 5th, haha. There was a mixup in doubles and we were actually 1-1 vs. Kain and MJG, and then someone realized the mistake and we had to lose to FAE and FreeLux again XD

Really enjoyed the venue. Thanks to all who bought bead art (helped pay for all the random crap I always buy here). Hopefully I'll get serious one of these days and actually play friendlies and money matches and look to improve again instead of playing Marth against people in tournament and never having played the matchup before. Pro tip: That does not work out well.

AZ for king of the rusty old fogeys, as he placed the highest among the people who don't really play anymore.

Probably my most fun matches were against Krystedez, I hadn't played his Pit since it got good. I remember being skeptical when he first picked it up because it went from having trouble with his wario to tossing his pit around like a rag doll, but it actually improved a great deal and I found it just as difficult to deal with as his wario. Plus neither of us were taking the match too intensely and had a ball (laser Pit's recovery twice, but run out of gas? LOL all around). I'm surprised by his dedication to Pit too; took him to Brinstar expecting Wario so I could switch to marth, and he goes Pit. Went Marth anyway ^_^

GGs all, was fun.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14305730&highlight=freelux#post14305730

I win. And lose.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I don't even now why I play Brawl. I suck at it, it's a waste of my time , and it's a waste of my money.

EDIT: Was raging, but now I'm better. Shoutouts to MX :)

DeLux

In your defense, I am pretty free.

If I played any worse I'd go from DeLux > FreeLux > FreeSux

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Shugo doesn't live here anymore and some of the God Kai (Infern/Y.b.M.) are gone and MK is banned, no idea where Blue Rogue is but still...I really should go to more tournaments in Ohio...
Blue is in Canton still. He's locked in my basement. Helen and I bring him out every once in a while.
Oh and Blue is easily top 3 best player in Ohio.
If you disagree, you are dumb.
^^See, that's how you win discussions

M@v

Subarashii!
In speaking of blue, I still want to team with him sometime :(. My teammate at psu is a wario so it would be perfect :3

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Kekekekeke.

Btw, has anyone else beat Kel besides AZ and blue rogue? I still think he's the best of our state, even without bat ball.

But I pose a challange now that I don't have to face 100-0 MUs.

My PR:

1.) Kel
2.) BR
3.) Me
Everyone else

Don't worry though, I'll be the bess soon.

Roller

Smash Legend
No...just...no
idk why people post like they know the skill of all the players in Ohio, no offense to lumi and sneaky of course
Thank goodness you pointed this out! I too was about to attack Rob for how outlandish that post was. It really aggravated me, because it almost seemed like he was mocking us... (silly as that may sound.)

Wait, when did I get passed by Tako and Lumi? lol
When they started going 1-2 at tourneys. :blackpersonface:

Real talk tho. MK getting banned + Tako beating people like Sparta Kick and Zinoto recently puts him above you imo; considering that PRs should be representations of skill/accomplishments more so considering recent tourneys in an effort to show a state's current skilled players/players who are doing well. Not a list counting all time records/accomplishments. though that is another way it could be done, if that's the route you guys would prefer to go.

You are still definitely above Lumi though, imo.
Fellow Gunpunch don't count. And anyone who has like a 1-200 win rate against him. Including me.
See above.

DeLux

Man, this would be a bad time to mention KS is doing a PR update soon >_>

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, because I haven't made an OH tourney(let alone many tourneys at all) in a while due to college. I was just saying at one point or another I've had the chance to play most OH players :).
I've been to columbus, haven't been to cincci(reallly want to change that this summer >.<)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
if anyone has any of my replays can you upload them/send them to me? I think me vs. Ally was saved--we played on one of the middle TV on the middle table, facing the projector... yup

Kel

Smash Master
Not that Troller's opinion counts for Ohio PR, but are you guys completely forgetting OUGA and Apex? Tako and Lumi getting 1st and 2nd at a $5 monthly =\= best in Ohio. Especially when so many people didn't go. Furthermore, King Beef has always under rated me in bias for NEOH/ godkais, so this is nothing new in my book. I addmittedly had an awful day at this tournament. I literally killed myself in every set at least once. I'm still working on My Marth's consistency and general mindgames to work from in order to develop reads. This will take some time to develop, but I'll get there soon enough. However, I have never believed that one or two tournaments decide someone's skill.

In the end, all of Ohio needs to step it up, because we are bad. Michigan is right in that Ohio is bad. However, Michigan needs to admit that they are bad too. Instead of having MI Vs OH/ KY, we should unite again and be better than the MW:W. This most likely will not happen; but until then, we are just arguing who the tallest Hobbit is currently.

GG, MW:E

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't see why people are so concerned about it. People in Alabama are so concerned about what other people think of their ability, too.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm beat him twice iIrc.
I just know Kel like the back of my hand from playing with him for so long and have a slightly advantageous matchup in ROB vs. Marth against him, so he's coming in at a disadvantage playing against someone who has actually played his character for more than a short time frame. It isn't like MK dittos where we could go back and forth and had both played for about the same time period.

Kel

Smash Master
I have also recently beaten OS, Tako, Lumi, Blue Rogue, Pops and Infern with my new Marth.

I should be used to being forgotten by now.

Top Bottom