• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VENGEANCE Results - April 7th, 2012 - Cincinnati, OH

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@ WTP - Like I said, we're going to let this startup run through a couple more events before a concrete list is made. Tako is performing well no doubt and is certainly a contender, others are about the same as they've always been, and so on. I don't like basing things off of short term, kneejerk reactions. Let's see how it all pans out.

I'll be monitoring things closely and tallying everything; placements, player wins/losses, etc. A new panel will be formed, this info will be shared/discussed, bada-boom bada-bing.

:phone:

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
Shugo is in New England as far as I'm aware.

Lumi and Tako are definitely the best....Just saying. Not that I have much room to speak, but from what I've seen thats what its looking like.

Roller

Smash Legend
Going off of skill from what I've seen, and not necessarily placings. Because I haven't looked into them all.

IMO
Top 3 are AZ, Blue Rogue, and Tako.

After that I'd say Fonz(he's still in OH, right?)/Fizzle/Kel/OS

Then KB/Lumi/MX

I'd have to see lists of what they've done since the last PR to number inside the individual groups.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm working toward a bachelors degree in computer science at Purdue. Smash community here is Melee Clubs and Brawl scrubs. I will be trying to get a community here in West Lafayette from Purdue to start involving themselves in the competetive scene, its just most don't know how to.

The events I go to are the ones hosted with 2-3 hours of Indy and Lafayette... Don't Blink, SiiS's, Hilt/Clow's tourneys. Those are about it in the past half a year. Genesis 2 was my biggest one in the past year I think. Then MLG Dallas. MLG Cbus was bad.

I think that if players are interested in converging together, I think of Indiana as prime MW, it's like in the center in my opinion, neither east nor west midwest, just midwest. Me as a player, I go wherever. I'm pretty much regionless unless you call me MW strictly. So as I was saying, if Indy is considered the center, we need to make it a center of activity. I want to so that when Smash 4 comes out, Indy can be the "smashroads of America", a play off of its "crossroads of America" nickname. It matters so little, yet it should matter a lot imo.

We never had a strong Brawl scene. Melee scene was here strong and stays strong, but its just old. Hence why not many events occur here either.

Anyways a TL;DR, I basically wanna start a smash club, get members, start hosting smash fests and tourneys, and soon large events before my final year at Purdue is up. Then when I'm out of Purdue and have a job, someone else can do it, OR, I can start doing it again on my free time and hold it at real legit venues like arcades and such...

That is my dream.

Roller

Smash Legend
I also don't think your PR should go past ~5-6, possibly with HMs if you really want them.

I think top 3 are really obvious though, like infern and I said. Order can change or w/e, but those at your top 3 for sure.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah that actually does look good, Infern.

All I know is that I've come close to beating both AZ and Kel, have beaten Blue more than once, have beaten Tako before, and I believe Lumi as well (although he's improved by leaps and bounds). The future looks bright if I keep in practice. ;)

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Eddie, I think the next event that you're referring to should be your tourney that you plan on hosting sometime during the Summer. That way, I can get my free stuff. :troll:

Also, good games to everyone I played at the tourney. I'll do shoutouts a little later.
I'll also update the character usage when I get the chance.

DLA is the best Falco in the MW.
/bias

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
If you consider being somewhere in the middle of a MW:E PR a "bright" future, then maybe.

Aim higher. :)
I never stop aiming higher homie. I'm merely naming goals I plan to achieve along the way, first in my state (and therefore being THE name of my state) being one of them.

@ Other Michigan peeps - Whatever you say...lol. Get your wits and bills ready for when I see you.

@ MX - It will certainly be a part of things if there aren't already enough earlier events to draw from. The free stuff is set in stone, no worries.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
good thing thugz doesnt go on smashboards anymore :yeahboi:
I... have no words. XD

Lumi from that list I can tell what your PR is most likely
1. Sneaky
2. Blue Rouge
3. Kel
4. AZ
5. KB
6. Lumi
HM 1: MX
HM 2: SoraSin

MX beat Mister Eric at Vengeance and if he isn't HM idk what you guys view as a good player.
I wouldn't disagree with this other than switching Blue and Sneaky. Adding Fizzle in between Kel and AZ may be good as well since he has been coming to more tournaments lately.

Yeah that actually does look good, Infern.

All I know is that I've come close to beating both AZ and Kel, have beaten Blue more than once, have beaten Tako before, and I believe Lumi as well (although he's improved by leaps and bounds). The future looks bright if I keep in practice. ;)
Not in our most recent sets. ;)

@WTP: I didn't really prove myself, even when I had the chance to at this event. So I suppose I don't have much to back up my list other than the last tournament I went to I beat Tako in WF and then he beat me 2 sets in GF. On top of that I beat EddieG in a MM this weekend, as well as the last time we MM'd at REVENGE or SiiS6. We're all capable of taking sets from one another, and we have done so. That's mainly the reason I listed the way I did. I also forgot about AZ and Fizzle. >_>

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
In general MW is bad except for Chris4ever. Chris4ever is the best player in the whole MW and he uses Ike. Not scared of nobody, infinites D3s with Ikes and stuff. Let it be known that the whole entire region of the MW is carried by Chris4ever cuz he's the best ike.

Lol, he hasn't played in a year. Literally. And doesn't travel nor take the game srs.
I love my ex-roomie <3

steep

Smash Lord
Krystedez I would go to those events if you started hosting things!!!

Shoutouts soon when I don't have two concerts to play in in the next hour or so.

M@v

Subarashii!
I've brought this up before and I'll say it again: Ohio and west PA should combine and make a PR. We are essentially the same region as we go to eachothers tourneys all the damn time. The closest PA players that aren't Pittsburgh/Butler are farther than Ohio is from us. The only time we ever see other PA players is if we travel to some national like APEX. Locals and regionals? All held in Pittsburgh, Butler, or NEOH.

PA Power rankings died out because Philly smash is mostly dead. If PA PRs ever happened again it would be West PA + Penn State. Even then its still not a massive amount of people.

EDIT: The only thing I haven't done yet is go to a Cinnci Tourney. I can easily change that this summer if you guys throw another regional sized event this summer. I call of work Friday/Monday of it, and drive over. Still a shorter drive than it is to Philly or Jersey.

And more enjoyable too....Jersey Sucks.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I agree with Lumi's take on the list.

Sadly Quivo, POPS, Sil, PapaZ, Fizzle, and NOPE don't really play as much as they can/should.

Ohio University has a gaming club (OUGA) that use to do smash everyday, but wasn't really for the competitive side of it because that actually makes it much harder to get more members in. (Which is what killed OUGA in the melee days somewhat). Gotta have a healthy bonus of both if you want a stream of members.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ally; said:
All states that are not OH. You are better than OH.

good thing thugz doesnt go on smashboards anymore :yeahboi:
Ohio PR
#1-Luminoth :wolf:
#2-SneakyTaco :dedede:

I am basing this on the fact that Lumi and Thugz are 1-1 (maybe even 2-1 in Lumis favor) and SneakyTaco and Thugz is 100% Thugz.

Oh, and DeDeDe is a -3 Matchup for Wolf.

<3 Lumi

Nebraska's #4 has wins over both those dudes. Too bad Thugz is not eligible for our next PR since he only went to 1 tournament and that's not enough to get him grandfathered into the PR.

Combine states for PRs
Nebraska's about to join with South Dakota.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
We're not first yet, but we are getting there Infern. :p

Also I'm fairly certain he's trolling. Any post involving Sneaky, me and Thugz is most likely a troll. XD

I was making "MegaBrian "Luminoth" Shannon for president and #1 in Ohio." t-shirts, but if you're gonna accuse me of insincerity I guess I'll just go do something productive then.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I did, very clever. I had like 40 peoples posts quoted yesterday but I had to leave before I got to read/type it all out so I was like "**** it, I'll just post the picture of MR. Doom and call it good", but I did say I thought that was one of the best names I've ever seen.

Almost as good as the time that I won a 1v2 against a team called "Megaman Sucks", but yeah.

Like honestly, you should probably get premium and change your name to spark kassandrill right now.

Top Bottom