• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VENGEANCE Results - April 7th, 2012 - Cincinnati, OH

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Not that Troller's opinion counts for Ohio PR, but are you guys completely forgetting OUGA and Apex? Tako and Lumi getting 1st and 2nd at a $5 monthly =\= best in Ohio. Especially when so many people didn't go. Furthermore, King Beef has always under rated me in bias for NEOH/ godkais, so this is nothing new in my book. I addmittedly had an awful day at this tournament. I literally killed myself in every set at least once. I'm still working on My Marth's consistency and general mindgames to work from in order to develop reads. This will take some time to develop, but I'll get there soon enough. However, I have never believed that one or two tournaments decide someone's skill.

In the end, all of Ohio needs to step it up, because we are bad. Michigan is right in that Ohio is bad. However, Michigan needs to admit that they are bad too. Instead of having MI Vs OH/ KY, we should unite again and be better than the MW:W. This most likely will not happen; but until then, we are just arguing who the tallest Hobbit is currently.

GG, MW:E
Lol MI has never had problems admitting that we are bad, that's why we have the MI free-r. In topic though I agree with Roller, sneaky has better wins than you do, but you are playing at mk banned tourneys which puts you at a slight disadvantage since you have nt played him for as long. You two are definitely close in skill though. Just my 2 cents

:phone:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Recently (as in the last two events), I'll agree with you Zino.

For whatever period prior to that (before Infern and Y.b.M. left), I'm pretty sure Kel has better wins.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
How the hell did MW:W lose the crew battle to MW:E at Revenge last year? MI and OH are booty butt cheeks.

M@v

Subarashii!
Not that Troller's opinion counts for Ohio PR, but are you guys completely forgetting OUGA and Apex? Tako and Lumi getting 1st and 2nd at a $5 monthly =\= best in Ohio. Especially when so many people didn't go. Furthermore, King Beef has always under rated me in bias for NEOH/ godkais, so this is nothing new in my book. I addmittedly had an awful day at this tournament. I literally killed myself in every set at least once. I'm still working on My Marth's consistency and general mindgames to work from in order to develop reads. This will take some time to develop, but I'll get there soon enough. However, I have never believed that one or two tournaments decide someone's skill.

In the end, all of Ohio needs to step it up, because we are bad. Michigan is right in that Ohio is bad. However, Michigan needs to admit that they are bad too. Instead of having MI Vs OH/ KY, we should unite again and be better than the MW:W. This most likely will not happen; but until then, we are just arguing who the tallest Hobbit is currently.

GG, MW:E
Pretty much this, especially the APEX part. APEX had some of the strongest competition in recent memory; its a really good idea to look at performances there.

Roller

Smash Legend
y dunt we have national, lulz then highest is best in MW E, woooo
Sounds good to me.

I only dropped one set at apex. Anybody in MW:E who entered lose fewer than that?

If not. I think we have our answer.

Also. MI has never claimed to be anything more than very bad (since the losses of most of our best players circa 2010). @Kel
OH is worse on the whole tho.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm still not sure what people are really discussing.

OH had me, AZ, Kel, Shugo, and Blue Rogue, and then we all kinda stopped playing / moved and MK was banned.

Then Y.b.M. and Infern moved.

The only one of that group that still really plays is BRogue I think. Kel and I have started to play more but I'm still fiddling with characters and Kel just started with Marth.

If it takes 6 of our players to be removed from our roster for MI to look around and say "Yeah, we're better on the whole", let 'em. It's the only thing they'll get it. o_O

Kel

Smash Master
OS, I beat your ROB at the same tournament I beat Infern. I'm also pretty sure I beat you the set you tried Olimar first game. You later came back in losers finals to beat me (remember the whole Marth gets worse the more stages he has to play thing?) I could be wrong about the second part. I didn't think it was a big enough deal to pay attention to records 0_0.

Who did Tako beat that is better than the list I gave? I've been to all of the same tournaments Tako went to except the MI tournament, and he did bad there.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anther, Lain, Omniswell, L_Cancel, Judge, Panda, NoJ, etc..
My records against these people (spanning 2-3 years, mind you guys):
Anther: 1-3
Lain: 1-6
Judge: 0-2
Omniswell: 2 (or 3?) - 0
L-Cancel: 1-0
Panda: 3-1 (or 2?)
NoJ: 2 (or 3?) - 0

Aside from Lain/Anther/Judge the rest of MI never was a serious problem for me. Anther toward his last year was also not - I started getting closer and closer then finally beat him (handedly) and I haven't seen him at a tournament since :(.

Judge is the only MI player I've never beaten, last time we played it went to game 3, and we typically didn't get matched up before then since we often teamed back in 2009.

Oh the glory days, I miss being at tournaments 2-3 times a month.

Also I'm confident Kel will get to top 3 with a new character, he is very good/smart at this game.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Also, there seems to be a bit of revisionist history about MI knowing OH was better back in the day.... I *really* don't want to search it because it's really a dumb point anyways...

Point is, MI and OH aren't getting any real money at nationals... so we can all shut the **** up about it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea, only Lain/Judge did well at nationals. Judge was probably most consistent, and Lain had the highest upswing.

Shugo is the next closest between the two states but his placements have not rivaled Judge/Lain's best.

M2K - but he doesn't really count much.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, I beat your ROB at the same tournament I beat Infern. I'm also pretty sure I beat you the set you tried Olimar first game. You later came back in losers finals to beat me (remember the whole Marth gets worse the more stages he has to play thing?) I could be wrong about the second part. I didn't think it was a big enough deal to pay attention to records 0_0.

Who did Tako beat that is better than the list I gave? I've been to all of the same tournaments Tako went to except the MI tournament, and he did bad there.
?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318206

That was the only one I went Olimar at and was the first tournament of me "coming back" and I only played you in LF

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319926

This was the more recent one where sneaky won:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319926
http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Ryoulo/Something2DoMonthlyBracket.gif

There's this one, but we didn't play and infern wasn't there:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14170370

I know there was this one back in august where I lost to BR and AZ, but that was back in august, and we didn't play:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309314

I think those are all the "recent" events I've been to.

What tournament was there with Infern? O_o

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I find it amusing I have a better record against Lain, Judge, and Anther than I do against NOJ in both bracket matches and money matches. I will never, ever, ever beat NOJ.

Yeah, that's right. I 2-0'd Judge's jigglypuff with my MK. *flex*

Kel

Smash Master
MJG made more money at MLG than anyone.

Also, Anther was the only problem OH had in 08/ 09. Lain stopped attending tournaments OS and I went to when we started beating his ICs >=(. This is all reminiscing, but it's fun because MI takes their meat riding so seriously =D

OS, Clowsui's tournament. And I thought I played you twice at the olimar tournament. Ah well.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Also, Anther was the only problem OH had in 08/ 09. Lain stopped attending tournaments OS and I went to when we started beating his ICs >=(. This is all reminiscing, but it's fun because MI takes their meat riding so seriously =D
Lain, Anther, and Judge regularly took top 4 (Usually top 3) spots in whatever Ohio tournaments they went to. Lain in no way ever feared OS and Kel. Worst case he would use his MK. But that was after Anther/Judge became inactive and way after OS.

Based on what OS just posted I'm pretty sure you just have a bad memory.

Kel

Smash Master
That's pretty good Lain meat riding there, but I think you can do better.

OS and I remember Lain dropping out of attedning tournaments when we started beating his ICs. Whether or not he said this out loud is anecdotal. This happened.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Can you even find more than two tournaments where you guys beat him? Cause I can't.

Last time you two played in that MI tournament he won. He also beat OS at SiiS 3 which is probably the last time they played.

It's not meat riding it's correcting your wrong statements.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yes, MW:W MK's can't fight Sheik. MJG, Kain and Delux (via Matchup) know what's up though.
I am going to say this now, if Judo has gone Sheik/Zelda, I probably would have lost to him. He went Snake (which when I'm on my game is easily my best MU) and Game and Watch (which was a close game because of Brinstar). He's a superior player than me by far and I feel like despite the advantages, his skill and my unfamiliarity with the MU would surpass how good/bad the matchup is metagamewise.

MU's mean nothing, I lost to Charizard and Wolf :(

Kel

Smash Master
Can you even find more than two tournaments where you guys beat him? Cause I can't.

Last time you two played in that MI tournament he won.
I want to be clear here: my main purpose for bringing this up is that MI always uses 08 players as a shield for their arguments. However, the current MI players are never on the list. Stop using other people to defend your arguments. Win your own tournaments.

Lain has beaten me recently more than I have beaten him. Yes. I was not talking about after he switched to MK.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Shield for arguments? The argument is that in '08, and till '10, MI was better than Ohio. We kind of need to bring up '08 players. Nobody has ever tried to claim that we will win your tournaments now because Lain used to win them.

Roller

Smash Legend
I want to be clear here: my main purpose for bringing this up is that MI always uses 08 players as a shield for their arguments. However, the current MI players are never on the list. Stop using other people to defend your arguments. Win your own tournaments.
...Win yours?

And I'm only bringing up past players because OS brought up past players. Plus OS hasn't played many of our current players, so I wouldn't see the point in mentioning them to him.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Furthermore, King Beef has always under rated me in bias for NEOH/ godkais, so this is nothing new in my book.

...Did I really give you that sort of impression, Kel? You know I look past region/crew pride in favor of concrete results from players man. We've even seen eye to eye on a few lists before, and if not then I was always objective about it and willing to listen to reason. :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
man I want steak and shake now

why isn't there a steak and shake near here

it might be one of my favorite restaurants actually

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Welcome.

Okay I just looked it up and it costs about $40,000 to get a Steak N Shake franchise license.

Anyone who wants to chip in, let me know.

Top Bottom