• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VENGEANCE Results - April 7th, 2012 - Cincinnati, OH

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaaaa.............

some random quotes and a link I plucked out of the thread when I tried to get a MI vs OH crew battle going back around MLG time...

kbeef come over

edit - ohio vs Michigan is pointless

everyone knows Ohio is way better

Statement by me and response from WTP...
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10362301&postcount=171

ohio would win
Ummmm, your big 3 was active here too...... So the revisionist history can stop now. Thank you.

I still maintain this is all silly, but I just <3 it.

:troll:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Main lucas, he doesn't have anything to abuse on any character so all he can do is try to outplay.
That and if someone doesn't know Lucas gimmicks they're still really fun to use. :)

But yes KB, that's what it means to play bad characters. Haha.
Sometimes even the better overall player can lose to match ups. Not players, but character match ups. :X
:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
But on a different note, I saw Kel refer to me as being biased in favor of the God Kais/NEOH, and for what appears to be over a long period of time. Anyone may answer this...but WHAT have I EVER said or done to imply that I am or make that even remotely true? I hate being accused of things like that, especially when I feel I go out of my way to vividly express my objectivity. Someone explain please. This gets settled now.

This was just the first lists I found in the Ohio PR BR:

King Beef's preliminary list-
1. Shugo-
2. Y.b.M.-
3. Kel-
4. Blue Rogue-
5. Infern- Read above.

Kiest's preliminary list-
1.) Kel (Cincinnati)
2.) Y.b.M. / (Cincinnati)
3.) Infern (Cincinnati)
4.) Blue (Canton)
5.) AlphaZealot (Columbus)
6.) Fonz / (Springfield)

YbM's preliminary list-
1) Shugo
2)Kel
3)Y.b.M.
4) Blue Rogue
5) Infern
6) Fonz

My list-
1) Shuggy wuggy buggy
2) Kelzorz
3) Ya Boy, Mel
4) Blue rouge
5) Infernrape
6) Alpha-numeric Zealot
7) Fonzereli

You went on to mention that you felt Blue was better recently (at this time in July), but you only had me over Blue due to how long the period was. Furthermore, YbM went on to defend that he shouldn't be ranked higher than me. This is just a quick example, but what I was talking about is that I have always been underrated. You were just a quick example because you were actually a part of the OH PR committee, so i saw your opinion in black and white. You went on to eventually change your list to match everyone else's, but my point is that I am never immediately thought of as decent by people that don't play with me on a regular basis. Therefore, I am underrated.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I think I'm actually the only person in history to maybe OVERRATE Kel. I might be the only person who voted him to upset ADHD @ MLG Raleigh (or was it DC?)...which he almost did

Also Zinoto/MX callout on having no shoutouts. Actually everyone where's the love. SHOUTOUTS ARE AMAZING

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
This was just the first lists I found in the Ohio PR BR:

King Beef's preliminary list-
1. Shugo-
2. Y.b.M.-
3. Kel-
4. Blue Rogue-
5. Infern- Read above.

Kiest's preliminary list-
1.) Kel (Cincinnati)
2.) Y.b.M. / (Cincinnati)
3.) Infern (Cincinnati)
4.) Blue (Canton)
5.) AlphaZealot (Columbus)
6.) Fonz / (Springfield)

YbM's preliminary list-
1) Shugo
2)Kel
3)Y.b.M.
4) Blue Rogue
5) Infern
6) Fonz

My list-
1) Shuggy wuggy buggy
2) Kelzorz
3) Ya Boy, Mel
4) Blue rouge
5) Infernrape
6) Alpha-numeric Zealot
7) Fonzereli

You went on to mention that you felt Blue was better recently (at this time in July), but you only had me over Blue due to how long the period was. Furthermore, YbM went on to defend that he shouldn't be ranked higher than me. This is just a quick example, but what I was talking about is that I have always been underrated. You were just a quick example because you were actually a part of the OH PR committee, so i saw your opinion in black and white. You went on to eventually change your list to match everyone else's, but my point is that I am never immediately thought of as decent by people that don't play with me on a regular basis. Therefore, I am underrated.
Indeed, I remember that and I had no qualms about making the changes that everyone thought were most appropriate. I've always had respect for you as one of our best Kel, I fear you the most in bracket (mainly your MK, and possibly your Marth as well as it continues to develop) more than any of the other players on that list, Shugo included. My point is, regardless of crew or location affiliation...neither that instance or any other decision I've made regarding our players were under the premise of bias. I respect you all on a mutual level, and I let results do the talking for themselves. That doesn't mean I'll always make perfectly sound decisions or always give flawless reasoning, but I do try my best. I never thought I'd have to explain myself on something like this so I'll admit I was caught a bit off guard by the example.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I still have to give shoutouts too lol (blame it on FFIV). I apologize for some of the negative vibe/off topic stuff I contributed to Chi. And I agree, the love amongst us needs to be shared again like in '09-'10. We can't let the MI/EC-style salt corrupt our State's brotherhood. <3

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Also Zinoto/MX callout on having no shoutouts.
:troll:

Zinoto's Shoutouts!!!​
1: Carls ($28.8) - Nice :fox:. I saw you play in Amateur Bracket and thought you were Zeton lol. Congrats on winning AM.
2: Papa Z ($13.2) - I was wondering who this Z was everyone was mentioning lol. ^_^
3: ShadowPhoenix ($8.4) - Congratz on 3rd
4: Jt556 ($4.8) - Thanks for coming ^_^
5: TheKiest ($2.4) - I liked your commentary :D
5: Hoboz ($2.4) - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
7: DrillBitSammy - I remember playing you on wifi ages ago. Wish I got to meet you lol.
7: Red Ryu - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
9: Juushichi - Dat :mario2:. You had the hypest sets in pools. Next time we gotta play.
9: SoulPech - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
9: Falcon Fist - GGs in pools.
9: Gifts - I'll work with you on the :diddy: MU. Next OoS tourney, I'll do better ;)
13: Radium - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
13: Wiggy - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
13: K.Rung - I saw a couple of your pools matches. Your pretty legit.
13: JTsm - :yeahboi: Thanks so much for driving us out here. You don't get enough credit, honestly. Next time I'll do better .
17: ToastBread - So some of your pool matches too lol. I stalked everyone's pool matches.
17: Steep - I didn't know you came to this until midway through singles bracket lol. Next time, we MM :)
17: DK296 - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
17: WolfOfMay - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
17: DtJ Composer - Next time we gotta friendly.
17: LunaLang - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
17: Jared - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
17: Commander Gregorius - I saw your :rob:, good stuff in doubles.
25: Betadyne - GGs in pools.
25: Judge - o.O
25: Travesty - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
25: Silver - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
25: Cameron - Didn't get to meet, but thank for coming ^_^
25: DtJ Dextersquaid - I wanted to play you too.

1: Ally ($379.20) - One of the scariest :snake: I've ever played. Next tournament, I'll meet you in GFs and hopefully not get bodied :yeahboi:. You're really chill, sorry if I kinda pestered you for too many friendlies. I've never played anyone as good as you, so I wanted to play you as much as possible. Until next time ^_^
2: Kain ($173.80) - Your :wolf: is soooo goood. I'm looking forward to playing you again at PS4.
3: MJG ($110.60) - Congrats on 3rd! Sorry I kinda ruined all your hype. I got nervous and tried to play really safe every game because i didn't know what to expect, but that's not my style. Next time, I'll do better. I like your commentary though, you know a lot about even the crazy mus o.O. I'll come to one of the hype Kansas tournaments. See you at PS4?
4: Fino ($63.20) - Sorry about our bracket match, I know you were expecting a bit more from me. When I actually realized who I was playing I kinda got nervous and played too safe lol. You are a really good :olimar:, I don't know why you aren't top 5. Until next time ^_^
5: Reflex ($31.60) - Thanks so much for teaming with me. You are like the chillest dude I've ever met. You are a beast in doubles too. I'll work on my game so that I can be a better teammate. I wish I could've friendlied you though, everyone in GA seems to be good at the :diddy: MU o.O.
5: Logic ($31.60) - Dude you are freaking hilarious and I had a really fun time playing you in friendlies. You're not a one-trick pony lol. Hopefully we get to play in bracket one of these days ^_^
7: Luckay - I've never played a :pit: before playing you lol. You are a really good player and definitely a top 5 :pit:. I wish I got to see your match against P-1. Until next time.
7: Krystedez - I wanted to play you soooo badly. Next time tho?
9: DeLux - About 90% of the things you do with :popo: I've never seen before lol. You are really good at setting up grabs, my only suggestion is to keep better control over nana. It was a little too easy to pick her away from you. Other than that I'm terrified of your :popo: o.O
9: Player-1 - It was so nice to finally get to meet you. Thanks for the support during my doubles match ^_^. I'm gonna try some of those barrel tricks you do. GGs in friendlies and in dubz. Next time, I'll be placing up there with you.
9: Roller - Good ****, next time I'll be up there with you. We gotta start playing more too. Can't have you losing to any other :diddy: :yeahboi:
9: DRN - GGs in our dubz match and in friendlies. I was kinda winging that MU lol, but you definitely know the :diddy: mu. Your :zerosuitsamus: is really good. Until next time.
13: Judo - The biggest troll!!! Me: Where's Judo? Judo: I don't know, but I heard he's a scrub. Hilt: Judo, get started on your pools match with Tech. Judo: Alright. Me: So you're Judo o.O? Judo: Yeah. Me: -_______-
13: Alphazealot - Finally get to see a legend in action. Your :diddy: still has it.
13: DLA - I only saw your pools match, but good ****. Your :ganondorf: is the epitome of ****.
13: SneakyTako - GGs, I really like our matches. I still gotta learn that :rob: MU. Next tournament, we'll do our tie breaker ;)
17: Zeton - Yo, I was trying to hunt you down to play you lol.
17: Dyno - GGs, you played a lot more patient in our pools match. I don't get to play a lot of :wario2: so it threw me for a loop. Next time ;)
17: MX - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
17: Legan - Dat :link2:, I am so impressed.
17: Fizzle - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
17: FAE - You have no idea how much I was rooting for you lol. Your :lucas:, my god. You have become my favorite :lucas: player hands down. I was praying i didn't get you in bracket lol.
17: Zinoto - Disappointed. You can do way better than this. Get better and come back twice as good.
17: Technical_Chase - GGs in dubs, dat team attack lol.
25: Hadesblade - Next time we gotta play.
25: FF Ori_bro - Next time, MI is taking top 10. 6th Pillar!!!
25: Ralph Cecil - GGs in pools.
25: Bpow - GGs in dubz. Next time we'll friendly ^_^
25: WTP - You had an *** bracket lol. Next time though.
25: Overswarm - Tough break in pools. Ohio plays so many characters, I'll be ready next time I come to Ohio.
25: Light - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
25: EddieG - GGs in our one friendly lol. Next time we'll play more ^_^
33: Mister Eric - Another person I was hoping i didn't get in bracket. Wish I could've met you though.
33: Chris4ever - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
33: Kel - GGs in dubs
33: Spec - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
33: Clowsui - Thanks for hosting this and for all the MU advice. Can't wait to get to play you at Snooping. Your :marth: is legit and you're really good at punishing mistakes and overcommitments. Work on your defense and you'll be ****** ppl.
33: Zyth - You made bracket, now you win rounds lol.
33: Crash - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
33: Nope - I saw your :snake:, good stuff.
33: Bonds - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
33: Tmacc - Nice :dedede:
33: Dooms - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
33: Scythe - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
33: KassandraNova - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^
33: Ryker - GGs in friendlies.
33: Luminoth64 - Good stuff in dubz.
33: Sovereign - Didn't get to meet, but thanks for coming ^_^

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What was your impression off of our match Zinoto? Frankly, I'm excited that we both went back and forth so much, with good item handling on top of that. The real set should be mad fun haha.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Late shoutouts, but they need to be done. I'd feel bad if I didn't do them.

Amateur Bracket

3: ShadowPhoenix ($8.4) - played you in friendlies, I feel like you just didn't know the MU, but you were super chill when we played. Thanks for that.

5: TheKiest ($2.4) - **** your D3 lol. GJ learning at the match went through and beating me. I think you fish for grabs way too much but at the same time it still beat me lol, so yeah gj and keep at it, just camp Lucario with D3 and he has a lot of trouble approaching you. :)

7: Red Ryu - :lucario:

9: Juushichi - Dude your nothing like I imagined lol, but still your super legit. You should find a new Zelgadis a avatar. Slayer is my #1 favorite anime of all time and you shoul change that up a little. Glad to meet ya irl.

9: SoulPech - Joey beat me with Jiggs, man is that hard. Sucks Lucario doesn't have a strong advantage even on Low tiers. You did very well actually, try and bait reactions more and you will be able to top me without trouble. I know you will next time. :)

13: Radium - Hylian not here? Still glad you came you you helped out Clowsui pretty well with his dilemma.

17: Steep - I watched your Mario a bit, very good, but you should work on reads. When I watched you play against people in pools. You made a few bad reads. But still just work on figuring out how people work and your Mario will be legit.

17: DtJ Composer - Loved your hat, and liked you teamed with Deigo. Lucario + Samus lol. Glod you came out here, your funny as hell and with fan it will pretty good.

25: DtJ Dextersquaid - You paniced too much instead of staying calm, Olimar beats Lucario, just look for when he approached an figure out the best counter to it. Your Olimar > your Diddy. Stick to it.

Singles Bracket

1: Ally ($379.20) - Let you in a few times in the hotel room, wish you would split to save time but I understand why you didn't, gj winning the whole thing.

2: Kain ($173.80) - Sorry I feel asleep during finals, I was tired as hell in the hotel room. Still glad I got ya out here. You getting second was 100% worth it. Also lol about being butt hurt, my mid seat suck too much? :troll: MM me sometime soon, I wanna see how well I do against you when I've been off the game for a bit.

3: MJG ($110.60) - Man those SDs, your matches were the last I saw before I fell asleep in the hotel room. Sucks but your TL is wow, thought about him as a secdondary for a long time and watching you play TL is inspiring gj.

4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20) - You being a game over Kain made me worried then stuff happened, sucks it did. Still you did very well in both events.

5: Reflex ($31.60) - You were at the same hotel we were at lol. Still I like your PT a lot and wanna play it, shame I didn't ask for a MM, I really think your super cool from what I've seen on the boards. I wanna see you in person playing with me sometime, hope it happens.

5: Logic ($31.60) - I know you were gonna win in pools lol. I like that MU even if it is a bad one for Lucario, Glad I got to play ya again after a long time since I did before.

7: Krystedez - I'll work on those MUs. I'm terrible against Pit and Wario lol. Still thanks for offering space to stay at for IL and me, and playing a MM. Any chance I can get to learn with worth it.

9: DeLux - wtf, I didn't know that was you lol. Still glad to meet ya in person Still think the MU is a 0 :troll: :awesome: Tis ok, that's not as important and learning what to do in it.. Your really good and I hope you keep sticking around.

9: Roller - Glad I helped as little as I did. I wish I didn't fudge up so much when we played lol. Still glad to see it helped ya out. :)

13: DLA - Thanks for the help driving and other things. It really does help out. Also thanks for giving me the most of anyone else for driving anyone, I really don't wanna ask for money a lot since I like just helping people out like IL, but it's good to see it pays off sometimes. Thanks a lot for that.

17: Zeton - That talk with you got me inspired a lot. I know for sure I'm gonna solo main just to get as good as I can get with Lucario and stick to him as a solo main. Glad to see ya with a goo head on your shoulders, and hope when ya get back into college you do well. :)

17: Dyno - Your Wario, oh gog. Man I hate Wario. Sorry I botched it in Doubles friendlies, but glad to have played ya.

17: Legan - The things you said in the car lolololololololol. Also made me feel better about my music selection. Glad you came out that car ride was soooo much better with you in the car.

17: FAE - That Lucas is a beast. Why did I lose to it :mad: nah jk, I like people whjo dedicate like you do.

25: FF Ori_bro - Lol Olimar. Still that hotel room I was ****ing tired as hell whne they were finishing the bracket.

25: Overswarm - I wish I talked to you more Overswarm. :( Still glad I at least saw ya. :)

33: Dooms - **** your Jigglypuff, burn it in hell :mad: Nah jk, your really good and defiantly better than me. I;m really glad I lost to someone I know rather than someone I didn't to get out of pools. Stay good Joey, your a cool dude dude and glad that saw ya irl, hope your 3 week gone section goes well. :)

33: Scythe - Plays Melee, still beats me in ranking. :mad: Nah jk lol. Goo to see you got that spark still. Your still better than me, and I wish I played more melee in the back seat. That sounded super legit.

33: Ryker - That beard, like wtf was not expecting. Glad your super cool irl, your not an *** like you say your are, your a chill guy and are only and *** when some moron like BarDumb shows up. Thanks for splitting stick at Ihop.

Sold2- That suit, lol. I would call it a monkey suit for a DK main lol. IK still wanna play ya sometime irl, I wanna see if you think K ***** Lucario still. ;)

Washed Laundry - You get a Shoutout for showing up. Thanks for listening to me about my social problems with college and etc. You being there and talking about it made it a lot better. still I'm sorry Dietz lied to you via PM for mafia, I didn't know he did that, and as his friend I wanna apologize he did that. I don't think your Lucario sucks even if I didn't see it. Your not an idiot, so at the very least your know to play him at least competently. I believe you can. :)

Hilt - Man lol, Sorry Xiivi didn't come out with me. Thanks a lot for hosting worth clowsui. This was a great tournament and I would gladly drive from WI out to here and bring IL every time for it.

Clowsui - Thanks a lot for hosting this, sorry about the issues you had irl here with your GF. I hope it goes well for you :(

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Forgot one.

Zinoto - I actually did meet ya, I played friendlies with ya. Your Diddy is mad good, I didn't know you were from MI til people told me on the car ride to here the day before thanks for the friendlies.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I'm the only one who plays at University of Cincinnati. >_> Today goes here as well, but she no longer plays. There's a 'Smash Club' here, but it's inactive as hell lawl.
me and lumi are working on growing a real cincinnati community. props to toastbread for showing up because now i have a base to work with. we'll have at least 16 mid levels soon enough...;)
Thank you everyone SOOO much for coming out to this. Means a lot to me.

There are a lot of things we could've done better with running this tournament but many of them have already been said. Additionally, with regards to myself, I was highly deficient at many points and let my personal life interfere with my role as a TO. I can only offer my deepest apologies to everyone (whether you noticed or not) and my most sincere promise to do better at the next event.

The biggest issue was probably not being able to use 16 TVs for doubles. Amateur bracket actually ran fairly well.

Onto the shoutouts!

1: Carls ($28.8) - GJ winning AM bracket. I knew I had you as a 3 seed in pools for a reason. Live up to your skill assignment next time ;)
2: Papa Z ($13.2) - <3 thank you for coming out. Can't wait to see you again.
3: ShadowPhoenix ($8.4) - Salty runback MM? Your MK is free
4: Jt556 ($4.8) - yoOoOOO
5: TheKiest ($2.4) - amazing commentary, and thanks for coming out. Wanna play you again sometime =D
5: Hoboz ($2.4) - yoOOOOoo
7: DrillBitSammy - yOOooOO
7: Red Ryu - thanks for driving WI/IL :D
9: Juushichi - THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR HELPING, OMG. I owe you several meals. You're the best dude.
9: SoulPech - haven't seen you in a long time xD nice seeing ya
9: Falcon Fist - nice outfit br0
9: Gifts - you bad son. Nah jk you're mad cool dude. You deserved that bye! Just play smart.
13: Radium - <3. You already know. Thank you so much, you helped me in many different ways this event and I couldn't be more grateful.
13: Wiggy - who are you
13: K.Rung - keep workin on dem secondurries
13: JTsm - stop spotdodging holy jesus lol. You also gotta work on your camping. Excited for Pingas
17: ToastBread - we'll talk, text me sometime
17: Steep - Thanks for coming out, sorry we didn't get to play :/
17: DK296 - who da
17: WolfOfMay - luda
17: DtJ Composer - #chisports. That is all
17: LunaLang - thanks for coming and entering! =B
17: Jared - yoOooooO
17: Commander Gregorius - yOOoOOoooO
25: Betadyne - Oliver. More pastries next time, those were delicious.
25: Judge - impersonator? word :denzel:
25: Travesty - ggs in pools
25: Silver - where do you live?
Well huh. I live in West Chester 25 minutes from UC, I graduated recently from there too. I'd love to be able to come down sometimes if there's some actual brawls going down. I know I need major MU experience, especially against Peach.

I also really didn't like the whole 1 screen setup for doubles, might've stuck around for singles if not for that. Not that I dislike doubles, I just haven't worked on it at all.

I got sucked into the Final Fantasy IV DS copy that I just bought so I was mad distracted, but I'll post shoutouts today when I get home.

For those of you who don't know yet, King Beef and I are the same guy.

@Luckay - A good suggestion. I do intend on playing more Peach in general. I know she's my best and I'm finally past the mental blocks I was having with her in the past. Marth won't be going anywhere for the time being, I'm making fast progress with him every time I pick up the controller, but the way you and a couple of others punished my landings and generally shut some things down shows that there are still kinks that need to be worked on which is totally fine.
dat dolphin slash. You should def go with peach; this coming from a hypocrite who has confidence issues picking Zero Suit and goes for Zelda and a free Sheik instead.

Also if you got that FF IV DS from the venue, it might've been mine since I sold it to them a few weeks back creepy/10

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Forgot one.

Zinoto - I actually did meet ya, I played friendlies with ya. Your Diddy is mad good, I didn't know you were from MI til people told me on the car ride to here the day before thanks for the friendlies.
I'm sorry, I played so many matches I probably got you mixed up with someone else. What was your tag/ who did you play?

What was your impression off of our match Zinoto? Frankly, I'm excited that we both went back and forth so much, with good item handling on top of that. The real set should be mad fun haha.

You're really technical, but you don't punish hard enough. I felt like I got away with too many things, but you're :peach: is really good. You have to assert yourself into better positions so you can force me into worse ones. I like how well you play with items though, you can be really scary when you have a banana.

Is there anything I should've worked on/done differently Zinoto? o-o

EDIT: lol'd at that part about Judo.
Judo trolled me so hard -.-

You gotta recover better. You took a lot of damage offstage. Usually recovering high will minimize this. I really liked how you pressured me at the edge. I'm still trash at getting back on stage against :snake: and that's really where you shined in our matches. I look forward to playing you again.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Well huh. I live in West Chester 25 minutes from UC, I graduated recently from there too. I'd love to be able to come down sometimes if there's some actual brawls going down. I know I need major MU experience, especially against Peach.
You should most definitely come play with us sometime. Clowsui has people over to his house every once in awhile so we can let you know when we're having a fest. Who do you play?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Judo trolled me so hard -.-

You gotta recover better. You took a lot of damage offstage. Usually recovering high will minimize this. I really liked how you pressured me at the edge. I'm still trash at getting back on stage against :snake: and that's really where you shined in our matches. I look forward to playing you again.
Yeah I have noticed that I tend to take a lot of damage when trying to land against people. QQQQQ But thanks. =D

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Don't listen to zinotos advice on how to play peach :troll:

No he's absolutely correct lol. Thanks for the tips Zinoto, it's always nice to get a healthy fundamental reminder on positioning/punishing. I'll take it to heart, work on it, and will bring the heat next time we play. Your :diddy: is looking very impressive by the way, and I've seen/played my share of good Diddies. :)

half_silver28

Smash Ace
You should most definitely come play with us sometime. Clowsui has people over to his house every once in awhile so we can let you know when we're having a fest. Who do you play?
I mostly play DK/Zelda/Sheik/Zero Suit, the latter two needing a lot of work. Used to be a Jiggs main in Melee too. Zelda's the char I'm most knowledgable with atm, but she still sucks :( .

Yeah def let me know when stuffs happening

clowsui

Smash Legend
I mostly play DK/Zelda/Sheik/Zero Suit, the latter two needing a lot of work. Used to be a Jiggs main in Melee too. Zelda's the char I'm most knowledgable with atm, but she still sucks :( .

Yeah def let me know when stuffs happening
advise you to focus on one character when you play w us

Zinoto

Smash Lord
RedRy is my tag in Brawl play Lucario.
Oh yeah!!! I played you before I played Fino ^_^. Good games dude, you're one of the few :lucario: I've played and you definitely got some potential with him. :lucario: has some broken combo strings, and also I think you can mash out of his side b (you used it a lot). I hope we can play again soon.

@Eddie - No prob, I only know the :diddy: MU with peach lol. Can't wait to play an actual match. See you next MI tourney ^_^

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh yeah!!! I played you before I played Fino ^_^. Good games dude, you're one of the few :lucario: I've played and you definitely got some potential with him. :lucario: has some broken combo strings, and also I think you can mash out of his side b (you used it a lot). I hope we can play again soon.

@Eddie - No prob, I only know the :diddy: MU with peach lol. Can't wait to play an actual match. See you next MI tourney ^_^
At low % you can mash out of it.

Hope I get better with him like you do with Diddy.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS TIME!

I also updated the character placings, but I still couldn't really get em' all. Can someone help me out with that?

1: Ally ($379.20)- :snake: Ally! it was fun finally getting to play you in person. Your Snake is just as incredible as I imagined. Great job winning the tourney mah boi. Hopefully we'll get to play again. Had I beat DLA, we would've had to play.
2: Kain ($173.80)- :wolf: Great job getting 2nd. We still need to play sometime dude. Even though Wolf poops on Yoshi....hard.
3: MJG ($110.60)- :toonlink: I don't know where all the Toon Links have gone these days. Anyway, really great job mang. I <3 your Toon Link. We must play
4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20)- :olimar: I remember playing you on the AllisBrawl ladder one time. You hate Yoshi lmao. Sorry we didn't get to talk. :/
5: Reflex ($31.60) :wario: :pt: - Great job man. You came all the way from AL too? I would've <3'd to see more of your Pokemon Trainer. Wish we could've talked.
5: Logic ($31.60) :olimar: - Olimar is stupid. Your's is really good though. Gave me some trouble in doubles that's for sure. xD
7: Luckay :pit: - For some reason, I have a much harder time against your Pit than I do with Krys' Pit. You play a hell of alot more defensive. Not only that, but I don't understand Pit that well. Or what to do about that ******** camping. Good games though, you deserve to be Top 5 Pit. ;D
7: Krystedez :pit: :wario: - Krys! Great playing you again. Always a pleasure. I just...Need to understand Pit more. His metagame is just really foreign to me. >.> Next time, I'll be prepared though.
9: DeLux :popo: - Wish we could've played man. Maybe next time?
9: Player-1 :diddy: - Player-1...Defeated... Lol I'm just playin'. Great job bro, I've heard alot of good things about your Diddy. Next time we'll friendly or something. You're from GA, right? Tell Scatz, I says hai.
9: Roller :popo: - Broken *** Ice Climbers...It's been so long since I've played a really good one. You're really good though. Thanks for the compliments too. I'll try to step up my game next time.
9: DRN :zerosuitsamus: - Wish we could've played. Need more ZSS experience after so long. xD
13: Judo :sheik: - JUDOOOO! I <3 watching you play. Sheik is a really fun character to watch. I need more Sheik exp too. You'll get Logic next time, don't worry. ;D
13: Alphazealot :diddy: - Good to see you again man. Looks like we both need to attend more tournies huh?
13: DLA :ganondorf: :falco: :dk2: - Great games man. I honestly shouldn't have tried going Weegee game 2 lol... but I couldn't go Fox cause' of your Pika. Oh well. Your Falco is 100% legit. The best one in the MW next to Arty imo. No doubt about it.
13: SneakyTako :rob: :dedede: - Great seeing you again man. Though we didn't get to talk. Good **** beating Zinoto. Dat PR status.
17: Zeton :fox: - Wish we could've played friendlies. There's so much that I'd like to learn from your Fox that mine needs to gain exp from. Nontheless, good seeing you again.
17: Dyno :wario: - Didn't get to talk to you at all, but nice to meet you. : )
17: MX :yoshi2: :fox: - You're getting closer and closer. Just keep practicing, and you'll be placing with the "top dogs" in no time.
17: Legan :zerosuitsamus: :marth: - Jesus dude... I was honestly a little scared that you were gonna' go Link in doubles LOL. Great seeing ya again. Next time, we gotta' play friendlies.
17: Fizzle :dedede: :falco: - You're going to OSU in the summer right? I'm not in college yet, but I'm looking forward to having you here in Columbus. : )
17: FAE :lucas: - ERIIIC! I'm so glad to have finally met you and play friendlies with you. I thought you were gonna' dunk on me again like on wifi last time, but I figured out the MU by the second friendly. I hope you're feeling better man.
17: Zinoto :diddy: - From what I hear, you're becoming quite a prodigy among the MI scene. Sorry we didn't get to play. but next time..Count on it. Good stuff in doubles too.
17: Technical_Chase :dedede: - Sorry we didn't get to talk even though we both stayed with Clow. Next time, we alright alright? :D
25: Hadesblade :yoshi2: - Hades, Hades! You'll do better next time man. If you want, I can help you with the Yoshi vs Fox over wifi. Even though my Fox on wifi is complete ***...
25: FF Ori_bro :olimar: :popo: - Can't be letting you beat me in friendlies on my own setup bro. Great seeing you again man. Your Olimar is actually...Kind of legit. O.o
25: Ralph Cecil :snake: - Good games man. I gotta' say that I'm not used to Snakes cp'ing RC. >.> Hope to play you again.
25: Bpow :warioc: - I just looked on the US map and I just realized how far Iowa is from Ohio. Reeeeeally far, but I'm glad you came out man. Next time, we'll play more friendlies.
25: WTP :dedede: I didn't really get to talk with you much either, but perhaps we should? :3
25: Overswarm :rob: :marth: - I've always heard that you're like...reeeeeeaaally good... We must play.
25: Light :falco: - Didn't get to talk, but nice to meet ya.
25: EddieG :marth: :peach: - EDDIE G! Glad I was able to make it possible for you to come out and show off that Marth in progress. I do need more Marth exp believe it or not..
33: Mister Eric :rob: - Fun set we had. I was getting soooooo nervous, but that MU is just so dumb for Yoshi...I had to go Fox. lol
33: Chris4ever :ike: - I hate Ike....but good job making it into bracket. : )
33: Kel :marth: -Now that MK is gone, I can actually have a change at beating you now. xD Glad to see you again. Always a pleasure talking with you.
33: Spec :pikachu2: - Good job making it into bracket.
33: Clowsui :marth: - Thanks you sooo much for the housing Chi. Dude, your culinary skills are slammin'! O.o Breakfast with you guys was awesome. Would've been more awesome had I got a bit more sleep...And please...guard my pillow with your life. ;D
33: Zyth :dk2: -Great job making it into bracket. There's not alot of DK's around anymore.
33: Crash :luigi2: - Y u no place higher?
33: Nope :snake: -Good to see you again. Haven't seen you in foreeeeever.
33: Bonds :snake: - Good games in pools man. Your Snake is actually pretty good. Too bad it's such a dumb MU for Yoshi. Nice to meet you.
33: Tmacc :wario: :rob: :popo: -Watching you and Hades do dubz is fun. Good seeing you again.
33: Dooms :gw: :peach: :pit:- Nice to meet ya.
33: Scythe :lucario: - Nice to meet ya.
33: KassandraNova :peach: KASSY! I'm really salty that I forgot my bead art...again...Fun friendlies, your Peach has definitely come a long way. Please stick with her. Also, try not to let your anger get the best of you. I know it's frustrating to get cp'd so hard in both character and stage, but when it comes down to it, you ultimately just have to work around it. You can do it. You've done it before, and you can do it now.
33: Ryker :falco: :marth: - Nice to meet ya
33: Luminoth64 :wolf: -You should've stayed brah. Would've loved to see how you did. :(
33: Sovereign :zerosuitsamus: -Good to see you again.

Now for the AM Bracket:

1: Carls ($28.8) :fox: - My boi Carls doin' work. Good stuff winning AM bracket. Next time, we'll do some friendlies.
2: Papa Z ($13.2) :marth: -Glad you came out Z. Good stuff. How often do you got to MOMO's on Wednesdays?
3: ShadowPhoenix ($8.4) :falco: :marth:- Nice to meet you. I need to play more people on the KY PR.
4: Jt556 ($4.8) :sonic: :falcon: - Good job making some money in tournament man, I'm proud of ya. Sonic still sucks though. **** Falcon.
5: TheKiest ($2.4) :dedede: Good to see ya again Kiest. Next time, I'll pay more attention to your commentary.
5: Hoboz ($2.4)- Nice to meet ya.
7: DrillBitSammy :luigi2: I'm proud of ya Sammy, for making it this far in AM bracket. I think once you learn some better mixups, your Luigi is going to soar in skill. Just keep it up and let me know if you need any help.
7: Red Ryu :lucario: Nice to meet you.
9: Juushichi :mario2: - You're getting a lot better Juu. I'm really impressed man. I still think Mario is your best character. Definitely keep it up man. Always a pleasure chillin' with you. BODIIEEEEEEEED
9: SoulPech :jigglypuff: - SP! You got this next time. Cause' next time you're gonna' play gay like I told you right? RIGHT? Always fun hangin' with ya.
9: Falcon Fist :pt: :falcon: - I'm proud of you Chase. Putting in work with your PT and Falcon (of whom I hate, but still..) I'm looking forward to your progression. Squirtle is definitely a threat.
9: Gifts :snake:- Nice to meet you.
13: Radium :kirby2: Good seeing you again and glad I actually got to talk with you for the first time. You're really nice, though next time we should play.
13: Wiggy - Who did you play as again? Nice to meet you.
13: K.Rung :kirby2: Keep practicing man. You'll get there. : )) aren't you still with VvV?
13: JTsm - Who did you play as again? Nice to meet you.
17: ToastBread - Who did you play as again? Nice to meet you.
17: Steep :mario2: :luigi2: - I respect any and everybody who plays Mario. Good to see you again, next time though...MM? :D
17: DK296 :dk2: (I think..) - Nice to meet you.
17: WolfOfMay :wolf: Keep practicing mang. This wasn't bad for your first tourney.
17: DtJ Composer :samus2: - Good to see you again.
17: LunaLang :lucario: - Good games in pools. I kept running into your aura spheres. >.<
17: Jared - Nice to meet you.
17: Commander Gregorius :rob: - Greg! Great to see you again man. I'll be sure to help your R.O.B get better and you yourself as a player. That atomic game was fun. xD
25: Betadyne :wolf: - Nice to meet you.
25: Judge- Nice to meet you.
25: Travesty :dedede: - Nice to meet you.
25: Silver - Nice to meet you.
25: Cameron :falcon: CAM! Nice to finally meet you man. People, this is the low tier god of the wooooorld. Don't hesitate to use a higher tier if you have to man. I know that alot of characters you played against p00p on Falcon and Ganondorf.
25: DtJ Dextersquaid :olimar: - Nice talking with you again man. You were real chill.

So this event was really really fun. My throat was beginning to hurt after a while from screaming like a litte girl over people. xD

Shoutouts to Arcade Legacy for being the **** and having Battletoads. Goriest retro game ever. Aside from Mortal Kombat.

Jake, I see you :yoshi2:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Even MX with that "Luckay better than Krys" blasphemy. :troll:

Course, I do play way more aggro at times then most pits, gets me in trouble/loses me leads / games :c... It works on some people better than others.

When summer rolls around Im going back to the drawing board to get my defense skills up with Pit.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Even MX with that "Luckay better than Krys" blasphemy. :troll:

Course, I do play way more aggro at times then most pits, gets me in trouble/loses me leads / games :c... It works on some people better than others.

When summer rolls around Im going back to the drawing board to get my defense skills up with Pit.
I just haaaaaad to say something didn't I? >.>

Krys, do your shoutouts foo!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sorry MX778. I've still got the brain somewhat, but the execution is off and I miss a lot of little things. That and I don't have a character. I am but a shadow of my former self!

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
MX, you got my characters wrong. I went straight Falco (except for doubles). I played only one game as GW, and I played the Marth ditto in a few games.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It's archived on VGBC's twitch

Tune in at 7:14:00 for an extra special treat

Top Bottom