• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Why do I feel like when I fight Haley it's a completely different thing LOL. >_>

VA

Smash Hero
I guess you guys have grab to be scared of, but in PAL she has trouble hitting you and not being punished because you can CC everything. She really has no option but to camp you down/space you out but if she's even slightly impatient you **** her.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try and get Nair > Dsmash > Jab Reset > Bomber in my combo video. because it's hilarious..
/excited

On another note, has anyone tried using Shield-Dropping with Peach? I haven't found a lot of (theoretical) use for it yet because Floating/Float Cancelling is such a versatile option. But i was wondering what you all thought of it?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Playing vs. campers is so frustrating. I can beat them, but it's so boring. It's why I can't stand brawl.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
For shield-dropping, I've contemplated z-dropping a turnip as you fall through a platform. You might catch someone off-guard or interrupt them. Of course, this only works if your opponent is either in you or behind you. I'm not sure if she falls quickly enough for it to be terribly useful to escape a faster character, but hell, surprise factors are nice.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
When I touched him I took his stock, so he played the only way he could beat me, avoiding combat. In a fighting game

Cia

das kwl
So.. I played melee for the first time in a month. LOLOLOL, I'm so bad right now it's laughable. I think my falcon may have been my best char. hahaha

But when i play badly, i seem to become extra innovative and I decided to try tech chasing with falling Uairs (Peach) . just combos you can pull off from landing one of those is ********.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
went to No Ceilings and beat Neko in a tight set. Looking for some critiscism when prog uploads that. it was so hype lol.
Also beat Mogwai in an MM and'll need critiscism there too. Also for fun there's me and nand0 vs Roman and Swift. Unfortunately the underdogs don't always pull it off but I got a nice peach combo on Swift.

Cia

das kwl
went to No Ceilings and beat Neko in a tight set. Looking for some critiscism when prog uploads that. it was so hype lol.
Also beat Mogwai in an MM and'll need critiscism there too. Also for fun there's me and nand0 vs Roman and Swift. Unfortunately the underdogs don't always pull it off but I got a nice peach combo on Swift.

did you mean Niko?

if so, nice! He isn't easy, so beating him is a sure sign of your improvement =D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You could drop the turnip prematurely (Z go go go) and then grab him. Or just throw it while rising and stay floating for a free Fair. A lot of times when he's close to you he's just shielding too and you can grab that. I saw you D-smash against HBK but he Faired OoS when it didn't pierce. Grab is good for when you want to force them offstage at high percent and if they're going to be nice enough to just sit there, you might as well, right?

I dunno.

Something cool you can do to a low recovering Marth below 100% if you know they can't recover with their jump is to grab the edge, then immediately float (don't jump, just release edge and float) and then when you hear them start the Up+B you immediately release the float so Peach grabs the edge super fast. Then you get up and charge D-smash if they land onstage (or dash past them and FC Nair) or otherwise use the invincibility to hog them if they're too low.

Throw turnips to trick them into thinking they have to go low. In general I think making Marth recover onstage into charge D-smashes or FC Nairs is pretty good but idk I don't play Peach in tournament much.

VA

Smash Hero
urm, my main thing from watching your videos irish mafia is that (especially in the first one) you often hit him and seem to not have anything in your head of how you're going to follow up. You can see that sometimes you hit him and pause for a short space of time before reacting and doing something else. I would say that it's a good idea to have a clear idea of what you can do after your current action. I dunno maybe I'm just dumb though. Nice vids.

Cia

das kwl
Hey is it better to dash or jump cancel peach's grabs? I've been jump canceling them, but I was just wondering.
ehh.. there's no real need for Peach's JC grab. Peach keeps little to none of her running momentum when going so, which cuts the potential range of her grab. Dash grab all the way, it's only bad if you miss.

----

I got some practice for the first time in a while yesterday and I was AMAZING. I didn't even recognize my Peach. This is going to be a good year.

:colorful:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm totally stalling skill wise. I haven't had the time to practice with summer classes now and the last two weeks of finals. I want to get better too (and find out the percents everybody can cc my character's moves and when other characters can cc my moves). I also really need to learn how to fight Fox... Approach wd back doesn't work against agressive foxes. Also sheik. I have very little experience vs. her... Peach dittos also, but I doubt I'll ever fight a Peach ditto...

john!

Smash Hero
Your Peach is pretty solid. IMO you should have used dash attack and shield grab more against those two characters. A lot of times you'd go for FC attacks instead, which are great, but too slow.

He was a really patient Marth, and against patient Marths you should hardly ever roll cuz you'll get punished. Just go up and grab or FC something.

Game 2 was so clutch.

Top Bottom