• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Cia

das kwl
toma you have a decent peach. Use more dair-nair when ledgeguarding shiek and always grab the ledge. peach >100% ***** sheik if you have the ledge. asides from that just try to set up more ledgeguards. don't rely on peach as a combo character vs sheik.

what?! Sheik gets ***** by Peach combos. If it were any other way, the match up would be unwinnable.

just go on youtube and look for matches of Peach ****** Sheik and you'll see why. Keep in mind that if you watch PAL vids, you won't see much of Sheik's Dthrow BS.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I don't think it's something you can rely on, at least not on my level lol. I can't get inside sheik consistently enough to think of combos as something that'll happen more than twice a match. Gotta work on that I guess.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
D-tilt ***** shiek so much. That I do know lol.

D-tilt is pretty good against Marth, or at least I've seen doll using it against Marth lots.

VA

Smash Hero
dtilt in general *****.

but you get some silly combos on sheik with it, dtilt > uair > light bair > more things = win

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have any ideas on how I can develop my turnip game? I don't really know any peach players around me and I haven't seen any videos with lots of turnip use. Also how do you implement vidjo drops and other turnip tricks? I'm lacking a solid understanding of them

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Dtilt->grab works on Marth at low percent (% < 20, I think) and on Sheik until like, 60. After that you get to play around w/ throws. I like (on Sheik) uthrow->Uair->Uair for the damage, but I'm sure VaNz can tell you some fantastic combo's on Sheik.

Just while watching his combo vid trailer, I stood up out of my seat twice. Can't wait to see the whole thing

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Y'all are a bunch of homos posting in a troll thread.

Now that I no longer have tech skill with Peach I can focus on the most important aspect of my game that needs to be addressed. F-TILT SPACING OH YEAH TURN THOSE UNWANTED F-TILTS INTO **** GGNORE

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Why are f-tilt and u-tilt so bad? I wish they were faster and had less lag. They'd be good then...

VA

Smash Hero
I think ftilt probably has some use against jigglypuff????

I've been imagining dthrow > ftilting her on low %'s....but I'm British and dumb so...

MacD

hahahah funny you should mention ftilt on jiggz, at low percent i did something like nair > jab > ftilt

and ftilt is always a lolzy way to kill a puff or in dittos

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I love when ftilt works but I don't actually mean for it to come out and then I'm like PROFIT

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Sounds like this one time at genesis where MacD killed me with ftilt in tournament.

Man that was wack.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I use Ftilt a lot when I get up off the ledge. Just straight up, neutral get-up-->Ftilt. The timing is awkward, so it takes some people by surprise; but it'll probably work once anyway

The Irish Mafia

Jfox sez use ftilt as something during chaingrabs to make them miss their tech. Though I can't say I've done more than 4 intentional ftilts in my peaching career, I will say that every time I uthrow and **** up the dash attack but the ftilt does hit, they have missed their tech.
Turns out Jfox knew something. Go figure.

It's a 1 time juggle move. I use it sometimes when tech chasing on platforms mostly for lols. I also think utilt is a hell of a lot better than ftilt, and we should be discussing that instead.
also as long as we're talking about tilts I wanted to know if when you're playing vs sheik it's a better idea to dtilt or dsmash if you cc the ftilt. It's obviously situational but I wanted to know what you guys thought, in general or in specific situations.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Sounds like this one time at genesis where MacD killed me with ftilt in tournament.

Man that was wack.
You have no idea how entertained I was when I saw that happen. Not only by the ftilt but by the reactions of McCain, Rickety, and yourself after the fact.

Also I am very impressed by Doll overall. How good is he "supposed" to be?

..how did I end up in this thread again? And why are there so many Sheik mains. And I hate Peach's downtilt, but I suppose she needs something good against us in NTSC.

john!

Smash Hero
I picked up Sheik as a secondary because she's actually really similar to Peach... you can DADS with Sheik lol... and they both edgeguard with bair... approach with fair... have a great nair... uair kills somewhat well but can also be used for combos... dair is meh... and both have great projectiles and similar wavedashes. Plus she covers two of Peach's worst matchups (Marth and CF) and Peach covers some of her worst ones (Falco, ICs, Puff sort of). And she's hella easy to pick up lol.

Kira-

Smash Champion
That's funny cause I like Falco because he's the complete opposite of Sheik. Amazing approach / stage control with lasers, technically more challenging, creative combos instead of expected ones, and he dies in an instant. And grab is not the only way to win.

Cia

das kwl
Doll was in my teams pool. He was good, I wish I got to play him. I hope to see everyone at APEX. I'm going to make my return to melee there and I'm going to be **** >=]

The Irish Mafia

I sub falco and don't suck with him, but that's only because I have above average tech skill. too much free time ftw
I remember the ******** Ftilt kill. I was taking notes on that match lol. Pokemon stadium, happened during one of the transformations iirc.
Everyone has trouble with the sheik matchup. You just gotta get in what you can, and acording to vanz, combo when the opertunity presents itself. I recommend re-reading the first post. so helpful.

Top Bottom