• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so not as much airdodge recovery, eh? I'll keep that in mind. What should I do then roll back onto the stage *yuck*?

@vanityangel - who ignored your advice? Irish Mafia?

@john! - yeah, the scary thing is he's not a falcon main. He just has rully good spacing XD. Eveytime I play that guys marth it's just mindgames. I'm so busy trying to not get grabbed that I get f-smashed or d-tilted or something, lol.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
General: Sometimes taking the offensive is good option than defensive when recovering vs. Marth. You can nair or fair from the ledge and catch them off guard, and saves you the trouble of having to be read from a roll or airdodge. But it's all about mix up anyway, regardless but it's one option that helps.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, peach's recovery options from the ledge are all terrible, which is why we have to be so unpredictable with her. Unfortunately, good Marths ( ie. patient and precise ) have all those options covered.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
In general, I hate being on the ledge as peach, seems like EVERYBODY has all her options covered if they're patient.

About the the sheik MU, I've been applying some of Armada's tricks (mainly gleaned from Amsah talking aboout the MU on sheik social), but I was wondering what's the most reliable way to deal with spaced ftilt cause I'm playing somebody that I think I'm about even with, but when he starts spacing ftilts I can't get through them.

VA

Smash Hero
In general, I hate being on the ledge as peach, seems like EVERYBODY has all her options covered if they're patient.

About the the sheik MU, I've been applying some of Armada's tricks (mainly gleaned from Amsah talking aboout the MU on sheik social), but I was wondering what's the most reliable way to deal with spaced ftilt cause I'm playing somebody that I think I'm about even with, but when he starts spacing ftilts I can't get through them.
Out time it with a dash attack? The end part of the animation gives you enough time to sneak in there with your DA. That's one of many things you could do.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Like teczero. His marth is amazing vs peach.
Why thank you =D. Its probably because I have a lot of practice vs Peach though.

Peach's dash attack with the beam sword does like 30 damage lol.
LOL I can never use her with the beam sword that effectively =/. I always just hold the thing and spam aerials to make myself seem more scary.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Out time it with a dash attack? The end part of the animation gives you enough time to sneak in there with your DA. That's one of many things you could do.
Anything that directly beats it when spaced though? CCing to dsmash/dtilt was my first choice, but it seems to outspace me (unless it requires precise timing).

I guess I could go with WD back to DA though.

LOL I can never use her with the beam sword that effectively =/. I always just hold the thing and spam aerials to make myself seem more scary.
Similar story here, I usually end up throwing it at a convenient moment.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Beam-sword ftilt has lots of endlag though. She just has to spin around that sword... dumb *****.

Beam-sword f-smash is Marth's f-smash lol.

MacD

Banned via Administration
lol vanz i know you are jealous, soooooo many funny things

there was one part when connor was fox where he saved me by doing like 5 mulit shines and zhu was just like "why?" lol man too good

and the first match he posted a bit ago is the best, zhu shouting in the beginning, me shouting about the tech chase, omg

also that last thing connor posted he stole from me :mad:

Armada

Smash Lord
thesage: Wd back against fox is the key to beat him. Specially against agressives foxes.

Agressives foxes jump in to you with nair alot and we Peaches have to read that even better.
Wd d-smash or d-tilt is so good.

D-tilt against Sheik is amazing to. D-tilt to edgeguard/spacing. Ask Amsah what we said about d-tilt :p

I have also find a new way (i haven´t see someone use it maybe someone have) to edgeguard shiek (this works against a couple chars) but i can´t tell you or someone else know.

I have to keep that secret to Apex.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have also find a new way (i haven´t see someone use it maybe someone have) to edgeguard shiek (this works against a couple chars) but i can´t tell you or someone else know.

I found myself cracking a smile for this :)

I'll be anxiously waiting for this new edgeguard Armada =D.

Dtilt is gay no one honorable should use it. As in everyone should use it.

Shino

Smash Apprentice

Ahh noo, just reveal the secret and help us fellow peach players :p

I have also discovered a funny trick with Peach some days ago, but I don't know if it can be helpfull in a real match and if it's already discovered. Most smashers know that Peach can throw turnips towards the edge of Final Destination and catch them back. Well, I have found out that this is also possible with bombs. It's only a little bit harder to do.

And spaced d-tilts are indeed very broken against sheiks and marth:laugh:

VA

Smash Hero

Your sig in mesmerising >_>

Armada posting Peach advice? What has the world come to!

Armada are you going to ESA4?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents

:D

I super wanna know this edgeguard.

HYPE

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I wonder if he's talking about dair to nair on sheik? I haven't really seen that but I see no reason why it wouldn't catch her before her invincibility frames

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Thanks Armada. I suck at using Peach's wd so I probably should try to incorporate that more into my game. I met a bunch of european smashers at Pound 4 and you were all really cool. I'm going to try to get to another national tournament again sometime and meet you guys again.

I've been trying to incorporate d-tilt into my game for a while now. I realized it's combo potential a long time ago I'm just bad at spacing it cuz it's kinda laggy. It outranges d-smash slightly though (in front of Peach)

Armada

Smash Lord
Vanityangel: Ofc =).

I have already book tickets =).

The new edgeguard thing is only mindgames and dosen´t work all the time so don´t be disappointed guys.

Only a small little tactic =).

VA

Smash Hero
Vanityangel: Ofc =).

I have already book tickets =).

The new edgeguard thing is only mindgames and dosen´t work all the time so don´t be disappointed guys.

Only a small little tactic =).
Haha.

Ok well I want a peach ditto MM €5 and recorded.

Top Bottom