• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I guess I'm technically Midwest...but the midwest has got a BIG problem.

And by BIG problem, I mean a big BRAWL problem. That automatically precludes coolness...Just saying. =)
The southwest isn't that much better....in fact, now there aren't even any active top level players there, now that doh and wobbles are gone...

Also I like green peach

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Aside from Armada, and some MacD, I don't watch other Peaches. It's not like I do so intentionally, it's just that I don't (maybe some baka here and there). So no Vidjo, no Cort, no Xelic, no DoH, no PC (when he uses her), no Ryoko...

Trust me, Wake, I'm a worse person than you are... =(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
very new school indeed

its okay, the girl in your avatar is cute so that unconsciously makes some of us like you (like me)

also: watch cort. he was the best before armada was known. and pink shinobi.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
very new school indeed

its okay, the girl in your avatar is cute so that unconsciously makes some of us like you (like me)
That's one of the many reasons why Colette is there, chok. =) And yeah, I literally only got into this game just last year. In fact, it probably was less then that (January of this year, perhaps).

Yeah, from the Pink Shinobi I've watched, he's really good, and I need to watch more. Vidjo seems really good against Marth, so I should watch more of him, too. And I think I remember liking Vwins in the one match I watched him in...and then there's Vanz, of course...and Cort, yeah...oh dear...

I know how I'm spending my Wednesday afternoon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yup!

just gotta watch pros and implement stuff into your style, until you eventually develop your own

at this point now, there are times when i watch fly and wobbles and i hardly see anything that would actually be useful to me personally. but when i do, i really take note. at least i know that my own style has developed to a point where all of us use the same technical moves and ideas but implement them at different times.

this is something i really see in peach players because her entire moveset is so good and has such high priority that she can almost do whatever move she wants if she gets in.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
jace has been around forever. hes st louis, aka where darkrain was from originally
lol what.
jace is kansas city/lawrence area, the area where MO and KS meet. St. Louis is over by IL.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Can our first jab beat shine OoS? It doesn't seem probable, but I watched something that makes me think otherwise, and if it is possible, then that's really good. Sorry if it's a really nooby question. =P

Veril

Frame Savant
Can our first jab beat shine OoS? It doesn't seem probable, but I watched something that makes me think otherwise, and if it is possible, then that's really good. Sorry if it's a really nooby question. =P
Beat it how? Do you just mean to ask if jab is faster in terms of startup? If so, the answer is yes (extra yes for falco). Jab would win if the jump input was the same frame as the jab input.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
*cannot remember his simple frame data for some reason, and asks dumb questions*

Okay then. Thanks. =)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey guys/and or girls very basic question what button combination do u use to wave dash out of shield? I am using L and Y right now, but i know i would feel more comfortable using R and Y since i use r for normal wavedashing. I am just so use to shielding with R i started using L to wavedash out of shield I even toyed around with the idea of using L and X. Anyway just wondering what u people use

Composeur

Smash Ace
hey guys/and or girls very basic question what button combination do u use to wave dash out of shield? I am using L and Y right now, but i know i would feel more comfortable using R and Y since i use r for normal wavedashing. I am just so use to shielding with R i started using L to wavedash out of shield I even toyed around with the idea of using L and X. Anyway just wondering what u people use
I was in the same situation you are in right now, but I came to the conclusion that retraining myself to use L for all wavedashes would ultimately work out best. I feel much more comfortable with it now, if that helps at all.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I just use L for everything related to wavedash. Speaking of... not necessarily a Peach related topic (it could be though) but something that came up during a fest on Monday. Do you guys use X to jump or Y? And did any of you switch it up at some point?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Its funny when people tell u obvious things that for some reason u never thought of, such as trying to make L my common wavedashing button. that idea didnt even cross my mind.

@crismas: I have always used Y to jump. just felt more comfortable to me

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Hey guys, I've got a friend I've been workin' with for 2 years, and we're starting to record videos to get critique on his Peach, so when I start posting videos in the video thread, I want honest opinions, so that he can get better.

Veril

Frame Savant
I just use L for everything related to wavedash. Speaking of... not necessarily a Peach related topic (it could be though) but something that came up during a fest on Monday. Do you guys use X to jump or Y? And did any of you switch it up at some point?
I use Y unless I'm djc landing into a tilt or jab, then I use X cause I find it difficult to hit Y fast twice in a row with my index finger. Some other stuff I'll use tap-jump for (djc-land uptilt).

But I use the claw grip, and I'm not sure how many Peach players do. Idk why people don't, its awesome.

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sure thing, Sovereign! =)

I always claw for FC aerials. It's so good. But I don't claw for double jump lands or things like that. And I also use Y.

Top Bottom