• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, a lot of people have been, Sveet. I just don't feel that it's working for me. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, or something.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well i tink i said this stuff like a year ago and everyone was like "marth is peach's 2nd worst MU after fox, armada is just really good" even though i didnt even mention armada.

VA

Smash Hero
I thought falcon was really bad until trif was showing me how to **** him. You really can mess up falcon with Peach...

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think falcon is really hard, but he is very easy to edgeguard and you can combo him pretty well, especially if he doesn't DI correctly all the time, specifically, on a dash attack.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
i think peach is a valid anti marth character if you're prepared to play the matchup, she has moves she can use against marths spacing game that he doesn't have good answers for, and she can launch him up easily, and marth sucks when hes above anyone, especially peach. and then you can beat him from below with nair and stuff ;3
i love that mu personally, i think it's just a matter of making marth feel really uncomfortable

oh wait falcon i was just thinking about that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQkEbveBeCU&feature=feedu
this is Bladewise vs Vish. I relate to bladewise's style, asides from a few individualistic qualities. I liked the way he stayed in control vs falcon.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You guys are not instilling confidence in my ability to not suck at this game. =P

But I can see what you mean nonetheless. I definitely have an easier time with Fox and Falcon nowadays, though.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm starting to learn the fox matchup more and more and I think Falcon, Sheik, Marth and Jiggs are worse.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah. first of all, not true

second of all

what if they don't make a mistake? sure foxes make unforced errors every now and then, but if they don't, he can definitely win the matchup. i feel like peach really has to feel him out and kind footsie him until he runs into something. if fox fears peach (she is kind of a wall of priority) it makes it easier for her to be mobile and make him mess up, but if fox knows what to do and confidently executes it, it feels like an uphill battle.

fox vs peach is 51:49 fox imo

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Sherigami? That name rings a bell. I've probably seen him play, although the only WC Sheiks I really remember (within the past 2 years or so) are Lucien and Kira..
He's a good player and cool guy from my hometown. He trained a lot with P and eventually surpassed him, but right as he was starting to get some good wins under his belt, life circumstances forced him to become really inactive for roughly a year. I've seen him a couple times recently and he seems to gradually be shaking off the rust, so hopefully he can become a solid performer again.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That would be nice. We need more Sheiks.

Peach can do absolutely massive punishments on Fox, yes. Fox can do the same, however, and wins the MU. Because Peach is slow.

Get Low

Smash Ace
I've never played a single match against a Fox that went the entire way though the match without making any technical errors. It's nearly impossible with that character. Unless you suck at punishing, you should be all over Fox when he messes up. The way I see it, you just have to keep on him and not give him any space, as if you were playing against Falco.

I'm not saying the matchup is in Peach's favor, I just don't think it's as bad as Peach players make it out to be. And while I personally am good at the matchup, I suck against Marth, which you guys are saying isn't even a bad matchup for Peach. So it all varies from person to person, as we all know.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
51:49 Fox?

Wow. Care to explain why you think so, choknater?
there are so many things i can get into, but i think it all comes down to this:

fox has the speed advantage, and therefore has more potential to control the pace of the match.

peach has better normal attacks overall, so that's her way of making up for it.

VA

Smash Hero
If the opponent fox is playing on form and you are not Armada you can't do anything. Fox is ****ing bull**** for Peach, Armada will tell you this as well, despite the fact that he can beat any fox in the world on his day.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Beating ground needles? I'm not really sure, because I'm pretty gay at the needles strat on FD. I guess just play spacing games. See if you can get Sheik to throw the needles at you; jump over them and float > fair > happy times. I'd imagine you could also block > float / WD oos punish her at a bunch of ranges.

At the end of the day, I think you're just supposed to look for a range where she can't run in and slap you for free, but where he can't charge ground needles for free either. I'm not sure that's possible, but this game is pretty good so I think you can beat Sheik's sewing gear. I have faith.

For beating her platform stuff, I see Armada do a lot of up airs. It seems pretty good. I'm not a real fan of the platform camping strategy anymore because Peach can wait outside Sheik's approach zones and prepare herself with a veggie, and also because I tend to think Sheik's ground game is stronger in general. But this I'd need to tinker with to figure out.
All right thanks kirby, I try that out and keep that mindset!

He's a good player and cool guy from my hometown. He trained a lot with P and eventually surpassed him, but right as he was starting to get some good wins under his belt, life circumstances forced him to become really inactive for roughly a year. I've seen him a couple times recently and he seems to gradually be shaking off the rust, so hopefully he can become a solid performer again.
i dont really like sheridan's playstyle :( lol

MacD

Banned via Administration
you should know, that anything behind like top 5/7 in a national can go anyway

axe ended up going like 1-2 or something at genesis, doesn't mean everyone that out placed him was better

i lost to 2nd and 5th place at pound (armada and hax), **** happens, placings don't matter. only reason top 5 or so do (at a national) is because no matter what, they had to beat a lot of people

and really, you of most all people in the midwest, should know that if i'm better than everyone in the midwest, that's not saying the midwest is bad in the least. i beat all of BC canada but they were ok with it.

would you have a problem with s2j/lovage/fly being better than everyone in the midwest?? cause i'm like 95% sure they could beat kels/tink too, and us 4 went back and forth when it came to who was better between us all

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
alan i'm watching you and shroomed vs sfat and phil
this is ****ing beautiful teach me everything you know about teams
sfat spent all of game 2 offstage
Its really all in the chemistry. A lot of people say I get carried by Dajuan, and thats true when im just flat out sucking. The fact of the matter is, we've been playing teams together for the past 3 years and we've basically developed telepathy.

I dunno, I just thoroughly enjoy teaming with him. Its not cuz we win, or do really well, its really because im actually having a good time. I think thats a really good thing to have when you're teaming with someone. Sure, you can team with someone for the money and fame, but when you team with someone you actually like teaming with, it really makes the wins (and loses) more enjoyable.

AND DID YOU SEE OUR DOWNSMASH COMBOS!? THEY WERE SO ****ING FABULOUS!

Edit: Kongo Jungle 64 is the best stage in this game.

Top Bottom