• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I completely switched up my team.

Dante/Morrigan/Phoenix.

So much fun, and so much bull****. :3c
That's my friend's team. It's really frustrating to get around. lol
I know, Magz is obviously still one of the best characters. Why does nobody see this yet? Ever since he was announced to now SRK is calling him ****
Yeah, I think Mags is really high up there too. He has an answer to a lot of things. He's good far away, up close, and has nice potential resets that no one ever seems to use. And is it just me, or the majority of people that post on SRK(at least on MvC3's thread) aren't that intelligent? I dunno, it just feels like SRK's quality of posters went down lately and a lot of the good players just don't post much.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm still having a hard time finding that synergy between my teams. Anyone got recommendations for combining Viper, Trish, Ammy, Hsien-Ko, She-Hulk, and Tron Bonne? For whatever reason, I don't want to use villains. I am open to other character suggestions, though.

I think She-Hulk/Trish/Ammy have harmony, but it's the other team I'm worried about.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thanks. What was the reasoning behind those choices?

Maybe I'll do Trish w/Peekaboo/ Hsien-Ko w/Pendulum/Ammy w/Cold Star and Viper w/Burning Kick/ She-Hulk w/Slide/ and Tron w/Rocks

I really appreciate you guys.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Have you SEEN what Mags can do? He's insane. He has the best reset potential in the game so far and his level 3 is beyond nuts not to mention his raw damage output on just normal combos with no hypers. Ground and air throws lead to free combos as well.

Mags is definitely better then IM.
I have. I'm just not feelin him. I think people are gonna figure him out. His rushdown isn't as good as people say. Normally they just AD throw out a move then throw out some c.lights and for some reason people can't block it. His damage us ridiculous though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Maybe I'll do Trish w/Peekaboo/ Hsien-Ko w/Pendulum/Ammy w/Cold Star and Viper w/Burning Kick/ She-Hulk w/Slide/ and Tron w/Rocks

Use Tron's flame. Better than rocks imo.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'm loving Mags personally, also, figured out today that when arthur breaks out from his gold armor, you can Gravity squeeze him at any point as he hurls helplessly in the air. As well as when he hits the ground.

Poor Arthur.

I love how stupidly broken it is. And after looking at the OP, in case anyone hasn't figured it out, level 3 hypers are indeed, unscaled.

Giving Skrull a roll and he's also fun.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I swear, I'm one of twelve people in the world that actually mains Phoenix...

Also, I can't take Magneto seriously ever since I realized the voice actor is the narrator from Fat Princess.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Which makes me number two, I guess? :O

The first team would be a really good zoning team, and the second team would be a really good beatdown team. At least, in my opinion, so it's probably not worth much. :p

edit: Also, you could try Trish's hopscotch for trap shenanigans.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
So I finally played this game on-line and holy crap. Am I the only one who thinks it's nearly unplayable? Maybe I just got really unlucky 6 matches in a row but from the looks of it I'm just gonna stick with off-line play only.

LoserNumber2

Smash Apprentice
So far i am enjoying the game. Even though i am complete trash :(
I can't seem to find a team to stick too either, but I do like X-23.

If anyone wants to play add me
PSN: Dumakick

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Which makes me number two, I guess? :O

The first team would be a really good zoning team, and the second team would be a really good beatdown team. At least, in my opinion, so it's probably not worth much. :p

edit: Also, you could try Trish's hopscotch for trap shenanigans.
The more I think about it, Hsien-Ko just isn't for my playstyle. In fact, when it was VTH, Hsien-Ko just kind of felt out there for me and I didn't want to be in the situation where she's my only character. She's cool and all, but I think someone like Felicia would better fit my style. I'm more interested in trapping people and capitalizing on punishment and Felicia has attacks with ambigious followups (meaning you never know how high or which direction it'll go).

Of course, I can only play in Training Mode against the CPU since my apartment's Internet is down until Wednesday.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I had the same problem with Hsien-Ko.

She's really cool, but she's kinda janky, gets owned by rushdown characters, and I just felt like there wasn't a particularly good way to maximize my damage output with her without spending meter. And with Trish on my former team, she eats up all of the meter.

Felicia is pretty cool though. I like her mixup options.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Likewise, either Viper or Trish would eat up all meter in VTH. In VST, Viper's gonna be the big meter spending with EX Thunder Knuckle (They should've made it like this in Super) with She-Hulk being second with her slide kara cancels into Emerald Cannon (really amazing technique) and then there's Tron who probably won't spend meter outside of King Servbot and Lunch Rush.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I just want to know if I'm bad, but I can't get past ANYBODY's last one or two comboes.
The closest I got is Dormamu.
Also, I dunno if anybody has figured it out yet or posted it, but I discovered an easy infinite with Dormamu. I only know that it is possible on some characters.
Heres how to do it:
c M. > diagonal H. > c M. diagonal H. > c M. > diagonal H. > c M. > Forward dash
Repeat. You can throw in extra Firetraps (diagonal M.) and you must time it well. The forward dash is hard so I recommend the multipurpose button to dash (R2 on default. I dunno if you can do it with a stick)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I played a few games there yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Super Skrull was bringing the pain.

I would ultimately like to have a great team of Dr Doom, Magneto and Wesker, if that doesn't work out I think Skrull, Magento and Deadpool are also a great team.

It's early days yet though as I have only played 10-15 games.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Man, after I found out you can air dash multiple times with Mag's fly . . . I have been going nuts with it!

I'm loving this!

S,s.j,M,M, airdash downforwad, H, j.H,fly!,L,M,H,airdash,M,H,airdash,M,H,airdash, M,H, (Fill this in with whatever assist you got!)

Edit - What I luv about this, is that you can start mid screen and take you opponent to the corner!

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
: /

Can't they tech it after a while, Wretched?

Smooth Criminal
You need to hit the ground to tech, correct? If so, no. The c M. keeps puts them higher in the air, and the firetrap or whatever suspends them high enough to hit them and you can buffer the firetrap into the c M. On the fourth c M, you dash forward, and if you time it right, you can hit them again before they hit the ground and reset the combo. I've actually pulled off another firetrap after the c M. but he didn't fall far enough and the combo ended.
Oh, I forgot to mention that you must do it in a corner, though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Also, I dunno if anybody has figured it out yet or posted it, but I discovered an easy infinite with Dormamu. I only know that it is possible on some characters.
Heres how to do it:
c M. > diagonal H. > c M. diagonal H. > c M. > diagonal H. > c M. > Forward dash
Repeat. You can throw in extra Firetraps (diagonal M.) and you must time it well. The forward dash is hard so I recommend the multipurpose button to dash (R2 on default. I dunno if you can do it with a stick)
1. Who does this work on?
2. Flame Carpet is df.H, not df.M.

You need to hit the ground to tech, correct?
Yes, but the hitstun scaling in this game is such that eventually they'll be able to block out of it. After a certain number of repetitions you'll have to end it with a super or something.

Oh, I forgot to mention that you must do it in a corner, though.
That's kind of important to know.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Getting guide and I hope it really is good...and man Dante has a really large move list, lol.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I've started using Akuma, and I think I'm in love. He's so much fun. And wowzers at the amount of damage he dishes out in x-factor. D:

Top Bottom