• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Someone should play me tomorrow. I want to try out some new stuff.
I'll go ahead and add people on the PSN list that I don't have yet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Holy ****, my hands are on fire. I'm trying to do the following right now:

Tron's TK Bonne Strike and Trying to do a Bonne Strike-s.M loop.
Viper's Seismo cancel's into each other.
She-Hulk's Emerald Cannon hyper and tring to link her j.2H to j.2C

It's tough, but it'll be worth it.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
So Deadpool has an infinite in X-factor.

A true infinite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o37fjSepBF0

And yeah Twists, it was funny watching the Wednesday Night Fights videos and hearing James Chen saying "So I'm pretty sure that everything we've considered to be OP or broken today has all been attributed to X-Factor" made me lol.

Also lol @ Wolverine being the most popular character now just because JWong won WNF's with his team/Wolverine. Get some ****ing originality people and use who you want to use, not because someone else uses them. These people probably have their characters figured out decently well and then just switch to Wolvy because they watch JWong do some **** and can't do anything really and have to learn a new character. Do what you want and stop copying **** for dumb reasons. /end mini rant.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ok, I'm loving my team of Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sentinel so much after trying out things.
Once I get two meters and play my cards right, Zero's mixups and pressures are so good with Hsien-Ko's powered up assist and Sent's drones.

This is the closest team I've gotten to Team Clockw0rk.
The lockdown can get pretty crazy with this team. Too bad Zero doesn't have a true teleport like Strider. :(

I still want Strider for DLC

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm loving my team of Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sentinel so much after trying out things.
Once I get two meters and play my cards right, Zero's mixups and pressures are so good with Hsien-Ko's powered up assist and Sent's drones.

This is the closest team I've gotten to Team Clockw0rk.
The lockdown can get pretty crazy with this team. Too bad Zero doesn't have a true teleport like Strider. :(

I still want Strider for DLC
Nice, that sounds pretty good and gives me the idea for Hsien-Ko as another possible assist option for Zero. Right now I'm testing out Iron Man's RB because if you combo into it you can actually pull out a Rekkoha or just try and crossup as a whole. I also think it's decent pressure.

Zero needs an assist that holds people in place for when he does combos or something too, that'd be nice.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Mid-combo.
Nothing comes to mind then. Maybe Dormammu's Dark Hole or Purification. Depends on where you want to hold them exactly.

Also, someone found an infinite with Akuma. I think it's just air hurricane kick. Not 100% though so I'll have to check up on that.
I think it's j.S, j.Tatsu.

Yeah, It only works on Sent.
No, I think he's talking about the one in Desk's video, which I believe works on almost everybody. The video isn't loading correctly for me right now so I can't verify, but here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n0ooMGXTcZw&t=3m

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
She's not too popular. I never see her or M.O.D.O.K being used outside of spamming purposes. Then again, I'm picking up M.O.D.O.K just because his (aerial 'L') is trollish.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Isn't a loop of c.M into Flame Carpet part of one of Dorm's missions? lol
That's where I figured it out.
But I have gotten 4 cycles of it against a human before they got out of it, so I don't understand why this wouldn't work.

1. Who does this work on?
2. Flame Carpet is df.H, not df.M.

Yes, but the hitstun scaling in this game is such that eventually they'll be able to block out of it. After a certain number of repetitions you'll have to end it with a super or something.

That's kind of important to know.
1. I don't know, but I performed it successfully on a Viewtiful Joe, Deadpool (the timing was really hard), and a sentinel. I am not very consistent so it usually ends around the third cycle, at which point I can end it with a OTG purification into chaotic flame.

2. Yeah, sorry typo.
3. I don't get why it wouldn't work. Flame Carpet (thanks for the name) starts before they can block, and c M. hits before the frames of the flame carpet are over. The only time I could see a block is after the fourth c M., which the human player I have been playing has been unable to do

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
By the way,

My Hulk smashes everyone easily but I don't get why people can't through him. He's has an awesome anti-air assist that I can use to stop a crossover and superjump into the infamous Dante combo. Great stuff.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
How about dem infinite drills

So yeah, working on mix-ups with skrull which come very easily. I think my team with Spencer/Mags/Skrull is actually pretty good chemistry wise. I just don't know which of Skrull's assists to use, I chose Tenderizer (the heavy version, aka anti-air) because Nathan's on grapple horizontal and Mags is on Disruptor.

Any suggestions on assists?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
**** Sentinel.

I'm liking Felicia more. I'm so happy Training Mode lets me fight CPUs so I get a feel for the matchups (like never be in the air near Hulk, Spencer's grabs are unsafe as hell). Right now, I feel like FTA is solid. Let me get in with an air combo and the fun begins with Felicia and her 3.M.

Pengie

Smash Lord
So yeah Sentinel's kinda good in this game, or so I've heard...

Right now my teams consists of Hsien-Ko/Magneto/Sentinel. The strategy is to start off with Hsien-Ko to set up her Armor, then switch to Magneto. Now I have an invincible assist that facilitates Magneto's approach and let's Magneto soften up their team so that they can get picked off by Sentinel with Hsien-Ko coming in to do more chip damage; so far it's been working pretty well!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's where I figured it out.
But I have gotten 4 cycles of it against a human before they got out of it, so I don't understand why this wouldn't work.
If you only got four cycles out of it, then it's not an infinite.

1. I don't know, but I performed it successfully on a Viewtiful Joe, Deadpool (the timing was really hard), and a sentinel. I am not very consistent so it usually ends around the third cycle, at which point I can end it with a OTG purification into chaotic flame.
See above.

2. Yeah, sorry typo.
He loves you (STUPID ****ING SKRULL INVASION)

3. I don't get why it wouldn't work. Flame Carpet (thanks for the name) starts before they can block, and c M. hits before the frames of the flame carpet are over. The only time I could see a block is after the fourth c M., which the human player I have been playing has been unable to do
Not an infinite.

Smooth Criminal

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Morrigan's Darkness Illusion -> Couching Low is beast on a lot of characters. I find myself using her in almost all my teams because of that and the Dark Harmonizer assist... and unlike most of the other women, she can actually take a beating in terms of vitality.

Pretty solid succubus.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I have a local friend here who is using Taskmaster as told and he thinks Task beats Sentinel actually. I don't recall why exactly though. Also, he apparently says that Taskmaster can super off of all his throws which is just....lol.

And yeah Gates that's the one.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Felicia's OTG > 3M is funny. I have a little difficulty JCing into her roll and uppercut, but it's lulzy to do 400,000-500,000 damage starting from just light punch.

And I learned that doing Trish's air Max Voltage (or whatever it's called) in the corner can DHC into Felicia's QCF Hyper since it has such a large hitbox.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
By the way,

My Hulk smashes everyone easily but I don't get why people can't through him. He's has an awesome anti-air assist that I can use to stop a crossover and superjump into the infamous Dante combo. Great stuff.
I remember reading that Hulk does more damage on average off his normals than Sentinel. Pretty scary.

I'm thinking Chun/Storm/Morrigan, or if I get lazy Chun/Storm/Sentinel. Thoughts?
Probably should start Storm either way since Chun's Lightning Legs assist is to good not to abuse while Chun on the other hand doesn't particularly benefit from Storm's assists. Morrigan is just generally good for building meter with Dark Harmonizer, but other than that she doesn't add too much to the team. Chun and Storm could probably benefit just as much from Sentinel's drones.

He loves you (STUPID ****ING SKRULL INVASION)
You didn't like Secret Invasion?
DEATH PENALTY!

Morrigan's Darkness Illusion -> Couching Low is beast on a lot of characters. I find myself using her in almost all my teams because of that and the Dark Harmonizer assist... and unlike most of the other women, she can actually take a beating in terms of vitality.

Pretty solid succubus.
After seeing her projectile shenanigans under Darkness Illusion, I'm a lot more interested in playing Morrigan now. Dark Harmonizer would also be a great way to help out Dormammu's meter consumption.

Top Bottom