• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pengie

Smash Lord
It may seem that there are until there's an invincible Hsien-Ko swinging around interrupting all of your moves and forcing you to block, then you have to worry about whether Magneto/Sentinel/whoever is going to go low, or if they're going to throw out some instant fly -> overhead -> unfly. Gotta love those mix ups =p

Speaking of Mags: I think that people ride Sentinel's nuts a little too much; sure when he's X Factored he is definitively top, but I think Mags does more damage per combo without having to go into X Factor and with less bar, or at least that seems to be the case with me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I am definitely more worried about preparing for Magneto than preparing for Sentinel right now.

But then again I use Sentinel, so I may be biased.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
God it feels great to get a combo down! I've learned to do La Gigante's OTG > Torpedo > Emerald Cannon. Now to get the timing down to do the run into Tostada Press when I can't see her. Thank God the game points which way she's facing or this would be tough as hell.

I love you, She-Hulk.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm practicing mostly on Sentinel, Dante and Arthur since size might become an issue with certain combos!
I use a similar team to practice combos on - Morrigan/Sentinel/Amaterasu. Sentinel because he's big, Amaterasu because she's small, and Morrigan because she's about average size and roughly in the middle in terms of health.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
God it feels great to get a combo down! I've learned to do La Gigante's OTG > Torpedo > Emerald Cannon. Now to get the timing down to do the run into Tostada Press when I can't see her. Thank God the game points which way she's facing or this would be tough as hell.

I love you, She-Hulk.
Haven't seen a single She-Hulk online yet. Unfortunate.

I'm reluctant to start playing this competitively because of how much **** this game gets for being eclipsed by MvC2. Dunno if it'd be worth it.

Thoughts??

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm reluctant to start playing this competitively because of how much **** this game gets for being eclipsed by MvC2. Dunno if it'd be worth it.

Thoughts??
It's not really that the game is being eclipsed by MvC2.
It's just that there are some things that hurt the game like damage, X Factor, and a bit of Sentinel.

I'm honestly just playing it for fun.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Until they fix the gay **** (xfactor, lazy *** infinite prevention system, damage, thor) then I'll get serious. MvC2 was better imo but this game doesn't have the brawl melee effect. A couple of tweaks and this game is amazing.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wait, what's wrong with Thor? I haven't heard anybody complain about him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thank God it doesn't have the Brawl-Melee effect. MvC3 may be easier to get into and whatnot, but at least it's a fun game that's not filled with fluff like Brawl.

And I still think people are jumping the gun on X-Factor.

Still, it's funny that the biggest concerns are too much damage, X-Factor being too good, and Thor and Sentinel. At least the first two could probably be fixed with going back to the code and scaling values.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Apparently, Capcom-Unity had a poll for both Marvel and Capcom DLC characters and who are the most requested. Official polls as well. On the Marvel side of things, apparently the final vote was around this,

http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelv...77/27049001/DLC_Results&post_num=42#486666341

1.) Venom
2.) Gambit
3.) Cyclops
4.) Ghost Rider
5.) Carnage

Still have to find where if Zonic made an announcement for the others for Marvel, but Capcom's, according to my friend were as follows.

1.) Mega Man X
2.) Strider Hiryu
3.) Phoenix Wright
4.) Frank West
5.) Gene (Godhand)

If you-know-who makes it in,

stfu and suck a fat one, Stephan.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
So I tried to make an account on SRK, so that I can post, ask questions, get to know the community etc., etc., you know... the normal stuff. But I guess they need to watch your account first to make sure you aren't a bot maybe? Any way, like, I have no privileges. What am I even suppose to do during this time? Can't upload an avatar, view my own profile, comment on any of the forums, or even use the 'contact us' feature. I am not sure what the mods are going to watch to make sure I am a real person.... how annoying.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So? lol

Fighting games will always have one bad character.

WHAT, CAPTAIN COMMANDO AND CABLE DIDN'T WIN!?

**** THIS GAME.
You really want more of Cable doing the same thing over and over and over again with his hyper viper (?) beam that combos into itself?

***** plx. Captain Commando was cool though.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
So? lol

Fighting games will always have one bad character.
I ***ING LOVE THOR. THATS WHY DAMNIT.

WHAT, CAPTAIN COMMANDO AND CABLE DIDN'T WIN!?

**** THIS GAME.
I just want Strider, Jin, or Spiral. Juggs or CapCom would be nice too. I want Frank but he's pretty much confirmed. Bring Cable back for the tears.

Edit: that's not what makes cable fun mang. Maybe you should play him before you comment on him kk
I'd rather see him than that boring **** venom. And **** this gay *** smiley I can't take off on this damn phone.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You really want more of Cable doing the same thing over and over and over again with his hyper viper (?) beam that combos into itself?
YES.

But mostly I just want better zoning characters in general.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I know how Cable plays. I've seen more than enough of MvC2 and Cable and the others. XD It was more or less a joke on the typical perspective of Cable that's seen.

And my own personal opinion, with Venom it'd be more interesting to see what they could do to him in order to make him good seeing as MvC3 is already looking better as a balanced title with more options and uses of characters on-point and as assists. We already know that Cable was the **** in MvC2. There'd be nowhere else for him to go but nerfed or something.

Is the smiley you're talking about the one in your subject bar? it's so pink and happy. XD

[EDIT]

Admittedly, Cable's viper beam as an assist would be pretty good. But don't we have Magneto's disruptor that's pretty damn baller for that?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Cyclops and Strider Hiryu are the only two I give a **** about.

The fact that Carnage and Venom were in the top five is ****ing sad.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
And my own personal opinion, with Venom it'd be more interesting to see what they could do to him in order to make him good seeing as MvC3 is already looking better as a balanced title with more options and uses of characters on-point and as assists. We already know that Cable was the **** in MvC2. There'd be nowhere else for him to go but nerfed or something.
I have to respect your opinion on this because this is how I feel about jin. So yeah, aight.

Is the smiley you're talking about the one in your subject bar? it's so pink and happy. XD
yeah, it clashes with my attitude.

[EDIT]

Admittedly, Cable's viper beam as an assist would be pretty good. But don't we have Magneto's disruptor that's pretty damn baller for that?
But its about dat trident.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I played Scrub for a time while I was soul-searching. Then I found out what Duc could do and I immediately picked it up.

I got a snow day today, so I'll probably do a lot more Marvel stuff.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I've been looking through that guide, and I read that Viper can cancel her Thunder Knuckle after attacking but with a one frame window. After reading this, I'm practically turned off from playing her. Why put in something like that if the only reason to not do it is less frame advantage?

Maybe X-23 might be a suitable replacement.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yesterday, I found out how frustrating it is to face Deadpool with Dante's Jam Session along with Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer when I'm Zero or Hsien-Ko.
It's a really really terrible matchup. I can't do anything. If the opponent is smart, it's almost impossible to get in with Zero and Hsien-Ko.

In some ways, I'd rather face Cable and CapCom than those two.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So I've been looking through that guide, and I read that Viper can cancel her Thunder Knuckle after attacking but with a one frame window. After reading this, I'm practically turned off from playing her. Why put in something like that if the only reason to not do it is less frame advantage?

Maybe X-23 might be a suitable replacement.
It's just rewarding you for having excellent execution.

Same with Jill's soon-to-be loop. They're all one-frame links.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Does Storm still have great DHCs with Sentinal?
Not really. You can get some good DHCs from Sentinel's supers to Hailstorm, but they can't do Lightning Storm HSF anymore.

Does Sentinal's air super have super armor or invincibility because either way, it's ridiculously awesome.
It looks like it's fully invincible, though I could be wrong.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hm... I think I might have to start off the match with Sent and hope that he doesn't get killed.
I just need to kill off Deadpool as fast as possible so I don't get zoned out. It's hard considering his projectiles are good and his teleports are like a get out of jail free card if he wants to do so.

It looks like it's fully invincible, though I could be wrong.
Yeah, it's completely invincible. Although I haven't tested if someone can hit him from the other side of the shield.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I still haven't played this game.

Does Storm still have great DHCs with Sentinal?
Does Sentinal's air super have super armor or invincibility because either way, it's ridiculously awesome.
Yeah what Gates said really. The general idea now is to combo with Sentinel into HSF and DHC out to hail storm because when Sentinel leaves the screen, all 3 rows of drones still come out no matter what. So either way they'll be stunned and even with hail storm's long start up it gives enough time to hit them.

And yeah I think it does have super armor, not to mention it's still a pretty good DHC(imo at least).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yesterday, I found out how frustrating it is to face Deadpool with Dante's Jam Session along with Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer when I'm Zero or Hsien-Ko.
It's a really really terrible matchup. I can't do anything. If the opponent is smart, it's almost impossible to get in with Zero and Hsien-Ko.

In some ways, I'd rather face Cable and CapCom than those two.

Hence why Deadpool's teleport "malfunctions" the third time he does it. Deadpool is a ridiculously good keepaway character and if he had unlimited instant teleporting then he'd just be unstoppable :X

Finally played a good Arthur.

**** Arthur.
Arthur is sexy as hell. First time I played him he was buckets of fun and seemed really monsterous. Next game you play, go into training mode, put on his shiny armor and and spam crossbow as fast as possible. F'ing unstoppable by 3/4ths of the cast and I doubt many characters can counter it when he has some lolololol X-Factor on top of that too.

Top Bottom