• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
X-Factor sucks, and is broken. Sentinel is completely broken. No cable. Online sucks. Game has major balance issues.

But I love it. I'm dedicated to learning the Sentinel match up and Beating all sentinels in the world!
I think it's too early to tell if there's SERIOUS balance issues and that even when we get further that it won't be seriously un-balanced(this is why we've moved past MvC2 >_>).

You're not crazy for that Atlus.

Just stupid.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did you not hear me constantly lament about how Cable isn't in the game?

I zone.
Ah I see. Who were you thinking as a 3rd for your team then?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You can build meter so fast in this game. I mean gotta Mindgame people with those team aerial shiz down one gives you a full meter.

Also if you get those long lasting good assist like arthur or Chris you can do zero's L, M, H, -> H, Call assist, 214 L, then do L, M, H, -> H, S, M, M, H (3 hits), S, you can either burn a meter with OTG rekk, or 236 M or 236 H to cause a reset Predict the roll and land a hit confirm. If you decided to not burn a meter, that combo should bring you up about a meter and 2/3rd's

Minato

穏やかじゃない
They both build the same amount of meter. I don't think it's any easier to punish Ammy, either. The only real difference is that Ammy takes longer to do her taunt afterwards, so you can't rapid-fire spam the assist as quickly.

Having played them both extensively, I'd have to say that Amaterasu is overall the better character. But Morrigan is really solid, especially because she can do Astral Vision with a level 2 or 3 X-factor and lockdown with medium fireballs. Give it a try!
Ah, you're absolutely right on them building the same amount of meter. I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me and it really was because Morrigan's taunt is faster.

And yeah, her Soul Fist shenanigans with fly/unfly or in X Factor are so fun.
I don't use Morrigan much after replacing her for Hsien-Ko, but I do like how versatile she is. Good runaway, great tridash for rush down, and a level 1 super that counters a lot of projectile supers because of the invincibility.

I haven't put much work into Ammy yet, so I really should before I judge her.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Whenever you are doing a super/hyper (whatever you want to call it) and you cancel into another characters super, can you only do the character right underneath you or can you pick?

For example if my screen looked like this

Zero
Arthur
Spider-Man

And i did Zero's super can i only cancel into Arthur's supers or is there a way to do Spider-Man's instead?

Hope that made sense

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I figured so after playing around with it for a while. I just thought i would double check with some people that knew before i gave up. Thanks a lot i appreciate it. So who is everyone rolling with in their team here??

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
The only team I use is Zero/Chris/Dante. So far I got 34 Message's on xbox live about my zero. A lot of hate mail and a lot of Sick Zero. My Chris is slowly Getting better at Spacing. My reaction time is also getting better. Like for example if Maggy is spamming disruptor I can go prone as soon as a see him move into the animation. My Dante Im working on. Need to have more BnB's with him.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
PTZR, nice! Your Zero must be good then. I am the same way. My Zero is my strongest. I am getting better with Arthur and my Hagger needs a lot of work. I have been experimenting with Spider-Man tonight though, Haggers lack of speed and mobility tend to bother me. Never have been good with Big bulky characters

And Etwist that sounds like a beat team(s)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Spider man and arthur are good for zero arthur's Dagger toss prevents Zero From getting Push Block which you can cross up with 214M then BnB, Also you can DHC Zero's rekk with spidey's maximum Spider.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
That and it starts ******** spidey swing combos when you're blocking. I was getting rushdown and Haggar was all liek "GTFO" then I hit a pretty neat combo.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I love task. Im thinking about picking up either Chun or Task. Im gonna replace CHris with chun maybe. Chun has a way better assist. But then again Im so use to my cross up's that require someone like Chris..

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Yeah i was experimenting and saw that Maximum Spider connected after Rekk. Also, sorry i tend to not be up to speed on some terms. 214M? and BnB??

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah i was experimenting and saw that Maximum Spider connected after Rekk. Also, sorry i tend to not be up to speed on some terms. 214M? and BnB??
214 is a number notation. Think of a number pad on a cpu.

that means the motion of the stick would be down down-back back or a quarter circle back motion. And M means middle.

Bread n' Butter.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
BnB stands for Bread 'N Butter Combo's Aka Zero L, M, H (3 hits), Shippuga (3 hits), S, M, M, H (3 hits), S.
214 M Means Quarter Circle Back Medium Attack, His teleport basically.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Jesus Christ @ your win/loss ratio, Minato.

Good ****.
I'm slacking off a little on my rank ratio lol. I'll end up making a dumb decision which screws up my flow.
My overall online win/loss ratio though, 50 of those losses are because of my one friend that I keep mentioning lol.

My god everyone is playing Zero Akuma Ryu Deadpool and Dante. ****.
I feel bad about contributing to more Zero's. Same goes for Sent.
Hsien-Ko's probably the only unique thing I have on my team. I guess I am lucky that the 3 I really wanted to use worked well together though.

Anyone know what the best sentinel air combo is? M, H, S seems to miss on some chars.
Getting M, M, H, S can be hard. Just delay your timing on your launch and you'll eventually get it.
His regular BnB is launch, M, M, H, Fly, L, M, H, S, land, Light Rocket Punch to any Hyper.

I'm getting more and more hate mail. I'm not the type that really enjoys that though. Oh well.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I feel bad about contributing to more Zero's. Same goes for Sent.
Hsien-Ko's probably the only unique thing I have on my team. I guess I am lucky that the 3 I really wanted to use worked well together though.
It's allright if you're good. just these ****ty ones piss me off.

I'm getting more and more hate mail. I'm not the type that really enjoys that though. Oh well.

I'm ignorant enough to just yell "GET YOUR **** SPIT ON *****HH" all the time to cry baby scrubs that ***** and moan every time I stomp their **** with Sent.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You're right that online is mostly Zero, Deadpool, Dante, Ryu, and Akuma. Been more and more Wolvies too.
At least those characters have crappy health though. I'd rather deal with them than mashing Kens.
I used to find the hail mail somewhat amusing, but now it's just getting annoying lol.

After I get my rank up to 1st Lord or whatever, I might just stop playing online, see all the endings, and go back to MvC2 for awhile.
I'm starting to miss it.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You're right that online is mostly Zero, Deadpool, Dante, Ryu, and Akuma. Been more and more Wolvies too.
Soooooo many Wolvies.

After I get my rank up to 1st Lord or whatever, I might just stop playing online, see all the endings, and go back to MvC2 for awhile.
I'm starting to miss it.
The endings suck. I already got em all. I'm prolly going to go back for a while too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I thought of something a little devious after playing in the Training Mode.

Do whatever with Trish so she hits with Air S, then call in She-Hulk for Torpedo on OTG and you have instant access to her lvl 3 hyper. You can do the same with Tron as well and her Servbot Lunch hyper. I can just imagine what it'd be like toss the damage out with She-Hulk, air tag in with Trish, call She-Hulk and then juggle into lvl 3 hyper.

I really think I have quite the solid team here. Guess Trish is the thing that sticks my teams together.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Thanks, ETwist and PTZR. I have that combo down except i never do the 214m at the end. Yeah i have been seeing tons and tons of Dante and Deadpool, it is pretty crazy.

Again i appreciate all the help.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I can definitely say that there are ****tons of Zeros, Akumas, and Dantes. Seen several Sents, and I haven't fought a -single- Magneto, which makes me feel a bit better playing dat Pringles Magneto. Fought a couple Spencer's, felt as though mine was better than there's, which, trust me, isn't saying much. I've fought zero Skrulls too, which surprised me, because he always struck me as one of the more played characters.

Current Ranked score is 25Wins 28Losses, which is kind of upsetting, but I'm getting better. Plus, I fought some really good people who knew exactly what they were doing at all times.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I gotta 7 win streak on Ranked Matches. I'm worried that I'll lose it...

I'll stick with my Spiderman/Felicia/Taskmaster combo. But I need some advice fighting Akuma with Spiderman cause I can never seem to get close to apply pressure.

Top Bottom