• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, I don't have much experience with him, but his Purification assist is like a slower commando AAA.
I usually abuse the extended hitbox of dark matter. If I do hit them with it, I jump, immediately airdash, Air S, c M. df H. c M. df H. S. Air M. Air. M. Air H. Air S. Purification--> chaotic flame.
It's my bread and butter. Sometimes I use X factor or his level three if I want to ensure a kill. His level three can be used instead of purification. You can X factor out of his chaotic flame's last hitbox and then use dark matter and then another chaotic flame.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
4000 Get.
My new team is Dormamu/X23/Hsien-Ko
Thoughts?
I really don't see any synergy in that team whatsoever. Could you explain more?

Well, I don't have much experience with him, but his Purification assist is like a slower commando AAA.
It's actually more like Blackheart's.

I usually abuse the extended hitbox of dark matter. If I do hit them with it, I jump, immediately airdash, Air S, c M. df H. c M. df H. S. Air M. Air. M. Air H. Air S. Purification--> chaotic flame.
Dark Matter isn't an extended hitbox, it's a projectile.

THat is a nice combo though. I'm sure wavedashing up to the j.S would work better though. Still a really nice combo.

And yeah, I don't usually like using Level 3s but Dormammu's is quite good.

Fixed.

Edit: Or is that Liberation? I think it is. My bad, Wretched.

Smooth Criminal
No, Purification is Blackheart's move. Liberation is the one that activates hands.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Arthur is sexy as hell. First time I played him he was buckets of fun and seemed really monsterous. Next game you play, go into training mode, put on his shiny armor and and spam crossbow as fast as possible. F'ing unstoppable by 3/4ths of the cast and I doubt many characters can counter it when he has some lolololol X-Factor on top of that too.
This is EXACTLY what nearly did me in.

I managed to take down his assists early in the game since he was using them to help with keep-away (deadpool's anti-air and sentinel force assists) but did so recklessly.

He then used armor and popped X-factor and played the most solid keep-away game I've ever seen on MvC3. He does SO much chip damage...

Had to X-factor as well, then wait out the armor and his X-factor to get inside.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Thoughts on my Wolverine/Deadpool/Pheonix combo?
With Phoenix, you need a way to build meter. Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer assist or Ammy's Bloom assist both work really well.

Both Wolverine and Deadpool can eat up a lot of meter but they don't really need to.

If you have someone or something in there that can build a ton of meter, you should be fine.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is EXACTLY what nearly did me in.

I managed to take down his assists early in the game since he was using them to help with keep-away (deadpool's anti-air and sentinel force assists) but did so recklessly.

He then used armor and popped X-factor and played the most solid keep-away game I've ever seen on MvC3. He does SO much chip damage...

Had to X-factor as well, then wait out the armor and his X-factor to get inside.
Yup. My brother was doing this to me today and the only ways I could get around it are beam supers and Wolverine's badass Berserker Slash while I had Berserker Charge on. I also believe it doesn't home in if you're directly above him.

But its still one of the most ridiculously difficult things to get around in the game at the moment.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'd drop Wolverine for a character to build meter like Lythium said.

In my opinion that is.

Fought a Sentinel yesterday that had Doom rocks and Akuma's Tatsu and I could do literally nothing, if I made it midscreen, he'd call an assist, hop up, and fly away. ****ing Mouth lasers were impossible to get by.

I've also recently learned that Mags can approach really well with his magnetic blast thing in the air, despite it having the stupidest input ever, it isn't that bad if you use it for jumpins.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Fought a Sentinel yesterday that had Doom rocks and Akuma's Tatsu and I could do literally nothing, if I made it midscreen, he'd call an assist, hop up, and fly away. ****ing Mouth lasers were impossible to get by.
Dat marvel 2 ****. I believe this wouldn't be hard to get around since I played Sent Doom in 2. Get an AAA, it'll **** him. Or dooms missiles. That **** is GDLK.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hence why Deadpool's teleport "malfunctions" the third time he does it. Deadpool is a ridiculously good keepaway character and if he had unlimited instant teleporting then he'd just be unstoppable :X
Funny thing is, he can combo with it since it's sort of a burst and can hyper cancel out of his malfunction if he wants to lol.
Not like it's foolproof strategy, but I find it interesting.
Thoughts on my Wolverine/Deadpool/Pheonix combo?
Wolvie and Deadpool can go well. Have Wolvie to jumping Light Attack while calling Quick Work for unblockables.
While Deadpool's keep away does help build meter, I think you need something a bit more to help Phoenix. So either take out Phoenix or take out Wolverine, IMO.

With Phoenix, you need a way to build meter. Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer assist or Ammy's Bloom assist both work really well.
I honestly don't think Bloom Assist is all that great. I think it builds less meter and it's more punishable.
Plus Morrigan's just an overall better character, IMO.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
idk if Morrigan is better overall than Amaterasu, but her meter building assist is better and Astral Vision is some fun shenanigans.

Dormammu/Sentinel/Morrigan is my current team and I'm actually thinking about dropping Dormammu. Sentinel and Morrigan are good enough on their own that I can run pretty much whoever on point and be good.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I really don't see any synergy in that team whatsoever. Could you explain more?
Well, every team needs a bread and butter. I use dormamu for that since he is simple and controllable. I use Hsien-Ko because she has enormous reach and stage control. Her swing is the most ridiculous thing ever. I use the purification assist while using her if I need space. X23 is another bread and butter type thing. She has ridiculous comboes and can chip really fast. She is basically a backup if I am under too much pressure by a sentinel or somebody.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
idk if Morrigan is better overall than Amaterasu, but her meter building assist is better and Astral Vision is some fun shenanigans.

Dormammu/Sentinel/Morrigan is my current team and I'm actually thinking about dropping Dormammu. Sentinel and Morrigan are good enough on their own that I can run pretty much whoever on point and be good.
Do you rush or zone more? Just wondering.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Minato just beat the **** out of me nine games in a row. Thought I had you when I took out Dante with Phoenix. Evidently not.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Anti-Air Assist is the first thing that comes to mind, what does AAA stand for just in case?
You're correct.

So has it been proven that Pheonix is unplayable without 5 meter or what?

With enough skill you won't die fast imo...I'm willing to work near that point.
Just think about this. There was this character in MvC2 that Pheonix takes her basic principles from, he was extremly hard to play and got killed retardedly fast, Pheonix is a worse version of him in a game with stupid damage outputs and she has worse health. There is no imo in this, when you get hit, you die, and it's near impossible to not get hit in Marvel.. Unless your name is Clockwork I don't think it's possible to play her without getting hit against a good player.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So best way to deal with a phoenix team. Land hit confirm, do L, M, H, then snap back to get her out. Apply pressure. Mix an over head and a low attack assist. Hit confirm, BnB. GG She died.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I ended up changing Hsien-Ko for X-23 on my team when I realized that I'm garbage at keepaway and am much more successful when I'm rushing people down; plus X-23's Ankle Slicer sets up some nice unblockables for Mags and Sentinel.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato just beat the **** out of me nine games in a row. Thought I had you when I took out Dante with Phoenix. Evidently not.
GGs. Make sure to keep Phoenix in 3rd place so she can have enough meter. Once you have 5 meters and she's in, play keepaway and annoy people with projectiles since they home in. And even if you end up dying, you'll have Dark Phoenix.
So best way to deal with a phoenix team. Land hit confirm, do L, M, H, then snap back to get her out. Apply pressure. Mix an over head and a low attack assist. Hit confirm, BnB. GG She died.
I can't do that since wasting a whole meter just to snap her in leaves me at a huge meter disadvantage. My friend will have plenty of meter from Morrigan's assist that by the time she's in she can DHC out or even go Dark Phoenix. Plus it's hard enough to get that hit in after the snap in since her keepaway with Jam Session's pretty good. My team just has issues on keepaway teams.

Edit: Oh, and I got some hatemail on ranked. This guy was really angry. lol

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm making good progress on the trophies. The only one I know that is gonna get on my nerves is the one to complete 320 missions...ugh...I have 286 mission done and they're annoying to complete....

Ugg

Smash Champion
So, I bought this game recently to put my Xbox 360 to use, and I really am having fun. I'm enjoying researching characters, looking at theory/guides, etc.

I've never played a Marvel vs. Capcom game before, or ANY __ vs. ___ fighter, really. I'm having a hard time adjusting and learning, it seems like a somewhat difficult game, but I'm definitely eager to get good at it. I have high hopes for it!

I'm Xbox 360.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
X-Factor sucks, and is broken. Sentinel is completely broken. No cable. Online sucks. Game has major balance issues.

But I love it. I'm dedicated to learning the Sentinel match up and Beating all sentinels in the world!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I honestly don't think Bloom Assist is all that great. I think it builds less meter and it's more punishable.
Plus Morrigan's just an overall better character, IMO.
They both build the same amount of meter. I don't think it's any easier to punish Ammy, either. The only real difference is that Ammy takes longer to do her taunt afterwards, so you can't rapid-fire spam the assist as quickly.

Having played them both extensively, I'd have to say that Amaterasu is overall the better character. But Morrigan is really solid, especially because she can do Astral Vision with a level 2 or 3 X-factor and lockdown with medium fireballs. Give it a try!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think Morrigan's assist builds 30% of 1 bar but Amaterasu's build's 25%.

Top Bottom