• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think I've only run into one other Zero, don't really know how that has happened.

The Ryu's and Akuma's are getting annoying though.

It's amazing that the weapon I cared the least about in Okami has become my favorite in this game. I'm really liking the Glaive.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Don't they have rage-quitter hell or something? I womder if it's already in effect.

Wolverine is such easy-mode, lol.

Suspect

Smash Hero
people who rage quit supposedly get pitted against others who constantly do..

longest streak I had when I played was the day it came out, I got 11. My record after quit mvc3 (yea I already quit the noob friendly game) was 30-10 online :/...even tho I only lost to like 4 people, the game kept pitting me against the same person..(i never rage quit)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I think I'm going to use Phoenix, Deadpool, and X-23, though I'm still considering replacing X-23 with Wolverine. Deadpool's good for keep-away, and X-23's good for fast, in-your-face combos.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I say Tron for a meter builder. Of course, I'm biased for her since she's on my She-Hulk team.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I usually rely on air combos to build up the hyper gauge. Never really put any thought into having a dedicated character on my team just to increase it. I'm just going to experiment with my current set-up and see if it surprises me.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Well, even then you don't need a character that -just- increases it (via ammy or morrigan) you can have a character that doesn't need to use their hypers as much, or at all, and make them your point character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's official: I'm clueless against Lightning Legs spammers and projectile spamming.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do any of your characters have projectile assists or teleports?

That may help a bit.
Trish with her zoning capabilities and I have her Low Voltage as an assist. That doesn't help against the Lightning Leg spammers much though.

The team's She-Hulk/Trish/Tron in case you forgot.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's official: I'm clueless against Lightning Legs spammers and projectile spamming.
I just got done with some random player matches and had the same problem, though it was a kind of laggy. I had a hard time trying to find ways around it. :urg:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Phoenix/Deadpool/X-23 seems to be working out very well so far. Went on a three-game winning streak, including a Sentinel team.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Trish with her zoning capabilities and I have her Low Voltage as an assist. That doesn't help against the Lightning Leg spammers much though.

The team's She-Hulk/Trish/Tron in case you forgot.
I discovered a super-fun and weird way of approaching projectile spammers with Tron a few days ago. Her standing C cancels projectiles (discovered entirely by accident lol) so when they shoot something at you just standing C then drill across the screen to get into them. It'll defintiely make them WTF at you the first few times.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Don't they have rage-quitter hell or something? I womder if it's already in effect.
I keep getting paired with rage-quitters every so often still. The same thing happened when I played TvC.
I remember going against a PTX player 3 times in the same hour and he disconnected every time at the end.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just picked up this game yesterday, played it a lot then and today.

Using Arthur/Ammy/Wolverine.

The team in itself doesn't seem to bad. Too bad it has a horrible player, though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I discovered a super-fun and weird way of approaching projectile spammers with Tron a few days ago. Her standing C cancels projectiles (discovered entirely by accident lol) so when they shoot something at you just standing C then drill across the screen to get into them. It'll defintiely make them WTF at you the first few times.
<3

10loves.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Advance guard the lightening legs or try an assist like zero's ryuenjin to hit her while you block it.

Projectile spamming...I dunno, still figuring out that one.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Can Tatsumaki Sepukyaki (Ryu's spinning kick) be countered with Ultimate Web Throw?
If Ryu's below Spiderman, yeah probably.

Morrigan 75% combo on a level 1 x factor 4 bars. M, H, Forward H, S, M, H, S, 623 AA, X factor air dash 214 AA
75% on who? It's usually better to write how much damage it does than to write down what percentage of their health (ex. 750K).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Advance guard the lightening legs or try an assist like zero's ryuenjin to hit her while you block it.

Projectile spamming...I dunno, still figuring out that one.
Pushblocking assists does nothing in this game, that's why the LL are such a good assist in the first place.

cutter

Smash Champion
The ROM is back!

I wish I had more time to play this game. Currently I'm just limited to playing it at my friend's house since I'm so ****ing poor at the moment...

But as a Mags player, I am pretty stoked about the ROM returning at least in some form. It actually does more damage this time around than in MvC2, but that might be because the test dummy was another Mags... who has absolutely abysmal health in MvC3.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I started out 7-2 then quickly became 8-10 or something like that. Almost every single game there was a Dante. Tons of wolverines were showing up as well. Those 2, Akuma and Sent were the most.

Also, one of the matches i had almost full health with Zero and this guy X-Factored Akuma and did 2 beam supers and killed me on chip. It was nuts, i do think they should tone down the X-Factor possibility. That or i need to learn how to deal with it.

Any idea how a Hagger,Arthur and Zero team would deal with a projectile spamming team?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
If Ryu's below Spiderman, yeah probably.

75% on who? It's usually better to write how much damage it does than to write down what percentage of their health (ex. 750K).
On Iron Man. I didn't even mean to do it. I was just trying stuff around and it said Danger when I finished it.

Also New Team X-23/Morrigan/Task or Zero, It's my gtfo Phoenix Team

Staz

Smash Lord
Started playing this game right when it came out. Hoping to get competitive sooner or later. Maybe you could show me a few pointers minato. Utah misses you ^.^

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I popped in MvC2 for like 20 mins and messed around in training mode. Man, I forgot how fast Sentinel was. lol
Started playing this game right when it came out. Hoping to get competitive sooner or later. Maybe you could show me a few pointers minato. Utah misses you ^.^
Haha. Just ask if you want to know anything and I'll be happy to help.

Top Bottom