• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Haha, my brother was doing that last night. He ran Sentinel/?/Iron Man.
Projectiles are good in this game.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, how does everyone's playstyle check out? Here's mine:

Stability: 5
Basic Offense: 4
Basic Defense: 2
Advanced Defense: 1
Advanced Offense: 2

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
So far my team is looking like Captain America/Taskmaster/Dormammu, Dormammu really being there so I can have someone with nice chip. I have a hard time adjusting to his playstyle since I usually play rushdown.

I just got beaten by some guy that spammed Unibeam over and over though >>; What do you guys do to counter crap like that?
Haven't fought a projectile spammer that's also good up-close yet...so I really don't know.

I usually just eventually get close and they suck hard enough to make up for the dmg they did to me.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I just went on a nine-game winning streak and pulled my most impressive win ever.

Went up against someone with a team of Dante/Zero/Hulk. Mine was Phoenix/Deadpool/X-23. I was distracted by a phone call, so I forgot to hold down L1 to start as Deadpool instead of Phoenix. Phoenix got KO'd by Dante, followed by Deadpool, all within about twenty seconds. X-23 switches in and I pull a one-character victory from a heavy early deficit. X-Factor is my hero.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I didn't know you can switch out before the match starts. I find a lot of people using projectile characters so I was making Trish on point, but it looks I can start with She-Hulk still and switch if I need to.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I didn't know you can switch out before the match starts. I find a lot of people using projectile characters so I was making Trish on point, but it looks I can start with She-Hulk still and switch if I need to.
Yeah. L1 to start with your second pick, R1 to start with your third. I'm surprised more people didn't know about this.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
>implying that i still play smash what is this?

I do believe you have to hold the button before the match loads to swap characters though. Is that correct?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
>implying that i still play smash what is this?

I do believe you have to hold the button before the match loads to swap characters though. Is that correct?
You hold whatever button you would normally use to call them in as an assist. Make sure you start holding on that screen after character/stage select.

If you're playing on the same console and you select "rematch" after the match ends, then hold the button of the character you want immediately after selecting rematch.

@Serris: lvl 3 X-Factor too goodz, lol.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
SO if you're fighting againist a phoenix team have either Storm, or X-23 on your team. when you get 4 bars. Snap back with x-23, X -factor then Do her level 3 It'll instantly kill phoenix. As for storm chip her out.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I bet everyone's level 3 super kills Phoenix.

Except Zero's.
Yeah but you actually want to make sure she can't do anything about it. Since X-23's is unblockable abuse that factor. they can't do anything if they come in after a snap back or after there team mate dies.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
finally found a team i like in dante/zero/storm i use crystal assist for dante, hadenki fireball assist for zero and whirlwind for storm.
they can fill up the screen with so much **** no matter whos on point, plus they can dhc really well and their team hyper is excellent.
its a good mix of rushdown and camping if need be.
I don't think they really compliment each other a whole lot, but if you think they go well together, go for it.
I highly suggest switching Dante's assist to Jam Session though.

I played against other people for the first time today, and it confirmed that I suck at this game just as much as I thought I did. I've been going through mission mode, just trying out different characters for the last week or so. I guess it's time to settle down and actually learn how to play the game now.
Just keep playing people and you'll learn how to play. I feel that it's very crucial to play people in order to get better at VS games.
Playing some Mahvel with Lucky! We don't use X-Factor!

-Atlus
Sounds like you guys don't want to win!
You can **** though ranked with Haggars pipe. I think you're over estimating the skill of the scrubs in ranked.
Very true. Online's pretty bad in terms of average skill. I'd say more than half don't even pushblock.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah but you actually want to make sure she can't do anything about it. Since X-23's is unblockable abuse that factor. they can't do anything if they come in after a snap back or after there team mate dies.
While this is a pretty strong tactic Phoenix does have several options when she's flying in. I haven't been able to make it so X-23's level 3 is guaranteed to hit. Phoenix can come in with an attack, activate flight, teleport, or bust out a super, all depending on what it looks like X-23 is going to do or how far away she is.

Again, this is certainly not a good situation for Phoenix at all, but I don't think saying "they can't do anything" is accurate.

But is it possible to hit with X-23's unblockable the instant she comes in? I haven't been able to get it to work, but if it is possible then I'm totally wrong.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You want her to die with 5 bars. So far My strat is working very well. Dark Harmonizer, and Down aerial team combo's ftw.

Yes you can hit someone with x-23's unblockable as soon as they come in.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Try to time out Phoenix.

Probably won't be a viable strategy all the time. But I don't know, sounds fun. :3

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I meant before she goes Dark Phoenix.

But yeah, I don't know how well that would work, I've only fought a Phoenix once.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
You shouldn't say that you want her to die. You should get everything out of her before she dies.
Its like playing a high damage stock against a crouch canceling Peach who you just killed >:[

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You're missing the point. I agree with you, and it's not as if Phoenix goes down without a fight. ;)

But the entire point of playing Phoenix is to get her in Dark mode.

edit: Freaking ninja'd.

Ugg

Smash Champion
So, I have a team of Arthur/M.O.D.O.K/Haggar, Arthur on point. Haggar using Lariat assist obviously, but I'm a bit confused as to what assists to use for the other two. I was thinking Fire Bottle Toss for Arthur. I'm not sure about M's Barrier assist or if it lasts long enough to help Haggar out. Thoughts?

Ugg

Smash Champion
Use the TORCH with Arthur. And Modoks assists are ***. I just use psionic blaster.
I've known it's a torch, haha, I just call it after the direct name from the game, sorry!

Yeah, they are, lol. I contemplated barrier as it seemed kinda cool, but it looks to last for a too short of time.

Actually, I forgot about M's Balloon Bomb. I might use that...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't know why they call it a fire bottle when it's obviously a torch. The barrier is cool but it's not plausible for real play. The bomb comes out too slow and the psionic blaster isn't TOO bad. I would recommend playing MODOK on point and then use all of your meter on Arthur.

Ugg

Smash Champion
I don't know why they call it a fire bottle when it's obviously a torch. The barrier is cool but it's not plausible for real play. The bomb comes out too slow and the psionic blaster isn't TOO bad. I would recommend playing MODOK on point and then use all of your meter on Arthur.
Those fools!

That's true, actually. I'll do that as well. Thanks!

Octave

Smash Ace
So far my team is looking like Captain America/Taskmaster/Dormammu, Dormammu really being there so I can have someone with nice chip. I have a hard time adjusting to his playstyle since I usually play rushdown.

I just got beaten by some guy that spammed Unibeam over and over though >>; What do you guys do to counter crap like that?
Haven't fought a projectile spammer that's also good up-close yet...so I really don't know.

I usually just eventually get close and they suck hard enough to make up for the dmg they did to me.
I was talking to a friend earlier at work and he told me Charging Star has the second highest priority in the game. I'll check that out to attempt to beat projectiles.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Im surprised more people aren't going nuts over Dormmamu. Guy can chip, his supers a janky AHVB, he gots a pseudo rush-down/mixup game with his tele's and quick tri-jump, both supers good for DHC'***, and decent assists. Sent aint got nothing on him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The shortcuts aren't even that bad wtf are you talking about etwist.

Top Bottom