• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
My **** happens sometimes online, what's your point?

Online don't mean **** and you know it.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Power of the Power of the Power of the Creator. His level 3 OTG's You have enough time to S in air X factor and do it.
I've never found his level 3 to be very useful. Yeah if I'm down killing the last char Ill level 3 to seal the deal but in any other situation I would rather just OTG super. Push them back, save meter, set up chip.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I was talking to a friend earlier at work and he told me Charging Star has the second highest priority in the game. I'll check that out to attempt to beat projectiles.
Actually wouldn't be surprised by this based on some of the things I've seen it go through...bout time Capcom got something right in this regard. Cap's got a ****ing shield, why SHOULDN'T it go through stuff?

Tron's spinny attack (dunno the name or the button. Never used her...the lariat-looking move) is soooooo abusable. Crosses up, tons of range, starts combos, cancels projectiles...

Recipe for annoying as hell.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
No X-Factor makes the game waaaay more enjoyable! **** all who use it!
It's clear to all of us by now that you don't want to be good/don't take this game very seriously. You don't have to keep re-stating it over and over again you know.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Has anyone gotten that patch? For whatever reason, I'm not getting it after I start the game.

Savon

Smash Ace
I just got the game today and I am trying to build a team around She-Hulk. I effing LOVE her style of play. I suck at the game though. Anybody wanna help me get better as a whole so i can start getting some wins?

My PSN is Savonthegreat

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If we ever meet up in state, I'll play you.

At the very least, you're gonna need a projectile assist so a zoner would be great. The reason why you'll need a projectile assist is because She-Hulk needs a way to get in and I recommend using the projectile assist as a wall when you go in. I use Trish because I love her trap based playstyle and she benefits immensely from She-Hulk's Torpedo assist. You can also use Trish's dive kick and She-Hulk's Torpedo for unblockable setups.

For a third character, I'm not sure, but I use Tron because I find her fun and she's a battery character which I need for Trish and She-Hulk. I may switch her out and make a team for her though since I like her so much.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Has anyone gotten that patch? For whatever reason, I'm not getting it after I start the game.
I got the patch. I'm not sure what it does though.
I am seeing incorrect wins and losses online ever since the patch. The wins and percentage will be much lower than they should.

fml

I'm liking Sentinel and Zero.

All I need now is X and I have my team.

DON'T JUDGE ME, I'LL BE GOOD WITH THEM.
You can do a team of Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sentinel like me lol. Don't expect the same results though. :p

I finally got 200 wins. My win rate finally went down to 89 percent. I can't remember if I bumped it back up.
I encountered fail connections, lag switchers (and I had to face the same guy twice. luckily I won both), and rage quitters more than I ever had prior to today.

And the same rank thing is finally working. I'm having a harder time winning now.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
lolz at 200 wins. I got to around 500 cause im bored lol. Also I dc/ed cause my dad was doing something and now I lost points cause of it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
lolz at 200 wins. I got to around 500 cause im bored lol. Also I dc/ed cause my dad was doing something and now I lost points cause of it.
You have a console with a much better online service though lol.
I'm seriously averaging maybe 8 matches an hour now, and two of those usually rage quit on me. It's dumb.

I'm glad I usually end up winning my matches. I think I'm done for online now.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm still not gonna go online until I've mastered executing my moves, both in flawless input and with online lag simulations. I'll master that dragon punch motion yet damn it... LOL

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm still not gonna go online until I've mastered executing my moves, both in flawless input and with online lag simulations. I'll master that dragon punch motion yet damn it... LOL
You clearly didn't Inferno Divider enough back in BlazBlue.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Only to the left...only to the left... :(

Honest to god though, I can dragon punch/Inferno Divider and all just fine to the left. The motion to the right though is my biggest weakness. XD

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So yeah, I picked this up today, played a bunch of matches, won some lost some.

Anyway, I'm currently going back and forth between a Deadpool/Dante/Zero team, and a Taskmaster/Super-Skrull/X-23 team.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
8-), Nah best mode in Mvc3 is Mission Mode but not doign what the mission says.

Btw That morrigan combo i talked about does 88% To hsien-ko

So good. You can do like x-23 assist, Ankle slice, Dash in, Shell Kick (For that unblockable), Cr. L, Cr. L, M, H (3 Hits), S, M, M, H, S, 623AA, X factor, Dash in, 214AA. (Corner Only)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My first rank match was a time over and won, lol. I really need an arcade stick instead of playing the Xbox Controller. )=

Getting use Bonne Strike finally. XD

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I haven't touched ranked in a long time, sticking to player matches now.

I'm starting to see the hate for X-factor. There shouldn't have been a difference for how many characters you have left imo. Oh well. :/

Octave

Smash Ace
Won a match yesterday with Taskmaster's Counter Hyper. I wish you could save replays of matches. That's probably one thing that Brawl has over anything lol

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know if this is the same for anyone, but if I do fight request in Training Mode, I get people within my rank, but if I do it the other way, I get anyone from scrubs to veterans. What's up with that?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
You do realize that Raging Demon goes through everything in the game right? I don't know why this seems to come as a surprise to some people that Akuma can do this. BUT if you were just posting for lol factor then I can dig that :p
i thought it was more so that you cant grab while in hitstun (unlike king of fighters grab combos)
when the fireball hits phoenix she cancels the hitstun by transforming and once she transforms she cant do anything for a spilt second. except eat the ****
its a pretty good setup also the funniest one out of all of them so far

all level 3s have a ****load of invisiblity frames

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You do realize that Raging Demon goes through everything in the game right? I don't know why this seems to come as a surprise to some people that Akuma can do this. BUT if you were just posting for lol factor then I can dig that :p
That is such a huge shift from SSF4 where just about anything beats it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I thought this game was going to be easy for newcomers, but I can't even find out how to block or combo or use supers except by accident.

Top Bottom