• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Press back.
Go to tutorials.
press a quarter circle and two attack buttons.
EDIT: Get double ninja'd twist and ryu

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This game is extremely easy. It's not gonna be easy to the point where **** that's retardedly easy to know is made simple because it's already braindead easy. Blocking? Come on dude, you have to be putting in NO effort what so ever to not know how to block. I'm not even gonna tell you that. Supers and Specials? Just look at the movelist.

Now combos are different, they can be difficult (well, not really in this game, remembering the combo is harder than actually executing in TBH) but just start out with L M H S L M H.

S is a universal launcher for everyone.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Lol, welcome to my world. I bought this game and was soooo lost. I still kinda am...but not as bad as I was two weeks ago.

Shoryuken had excellent beginner videos that helps with basics, and the brady's guide is amazing. I'm still reading it right now. I'm still lost on a lot of things, but I guess it's like everything, the more effort you put into it, the better you get gradually.

My biggest issues is team synergy. I can't figure out what elements you use to base your assists on. So far, I've just been using Spidey(Web Ball)/Zero(Projectile)/Dante(Jam Session) and that same team but Zero replaced with Deadpool(KatanaRama[probs guna change, idk]
I has a hard time figuring out what to go with who. I put a lot of effort into Spidey/Dante so I really like using them, though I'm not sure if they're even considered good partners. Zero/Deadpool are mostly fillers; I like playing them though I have no clue if they are considered good thirds.

Edit: For what it's worth, Brady says Spidey needs an OTG Assist, so that's something. Typically, does this game revolve around picking a "point" character and two assists that help him/her set up combos/moves? If so, I've been doing this all wrong, lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I thought this game was going to be easy for newcomers, but I can't even find out how to block or combo or use supers except by accident.
You've never played a fighting game other than Smash have you?

If you just wanna filler just use Sentinel. He works with everyone. Like, seriously, everyone.

Rushdown, keepaway, grapplers.... EVERYONE.
Fixed.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Sentinel is only good in this game because it just came out and he is the definition of bread and butter.
Once people figure out how to play this game, it will be different.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You don't have to wait for them to attack to block. But if you're just holding back, then you'll walk backwards, and block if your opponent attacks.

A good habit to get into is to hold down-back. Blocks lows and mids, and you don't move, because you're crouching.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Right thanks, also thanks Wretched for telling me how to do supers, that's come in handy. I remember I was trying to block with Joe in an early match but all that seemed to happen was he walked backwards and Akuma proceeded to kick my *** without Joe blocking an attack so I assumed that holding back did nothing.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sentinel is only good in this game because it just came out and he is the definition of bread and butter.
Once people figure out how to play this game, it will be different.
I must disagree with this. I don't think that Sentinel is so good that he must be on your team in order to win, but there's practically no doubt that he is an incredibly good character and will continue to be so long after the game is figured out.

As for the character that fits with everyone, I'd go with Magneto.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Right so after getting into this a bit more (still don't know how to cancel attacks though) I went online.

Apparently the first guy was the same rank as me, but I highly doubt it as he knew how to do all these crazy things, but he camped at the back of the map a bit. The 2nd guy sat at the back too and spammed with Ryu, and I wasn't able to close the distance no matter what I did so I quit. The 3rd guy was a higher rank than me and tried the same tactic but I'd added Sentinel to my team and used his own campy tactic against him to take out his Deadpool and Dante.

Is all of online this spammy and campy?

cutter

Smash Champion
I remember I was trying to block with Joe in an early match but all that seemed to happen was he walked backwards and Akuma proceeded to kick my *** without Joe blocking an attack so I assumed that holding back did nothing.
Holding back to block does not protect you against all attacks. If you block while standing, you'll still get hit by low attacks even though you were hold back to block. If you want to block low attacks, you have to hold diagonally backward. If you block low however, you won't be protected against overheads (basically, almost any air attack + some other unique attacks like C.Viper's Burning Kick).

General rule of thumb: Block low when your opponent is on the ground, and block high when your opponent is in the air.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
^ Lol, welcome to my world. I bought this game and was soooo lost. I still kinda am...but not as bad as I was two weeks ago.

Shoryuken had excellent beginner videos that helps with basics, and the brady's guide is amazing. I'm still reading it right now. I'm still lost on a lot of things, but I guess it's like everything, the more effort you put into it, the better you get gradually.

My biggest issues is team synergy. I can't figure out what elements you use to base your assists on. So far, I've just been using Spidey(Web Ball)/Zero(Projectile)/Dante(Jam Session) and that same team but Zero replaced with Deadpool(KatanaRama[probs guna change, idk]
I has a hard time figuring out what to go with who. I put a lot of effort into Spidey/Dante so I really like using them, though I'm not sure if they're even considered good partners. Zero/Deadpool are mostly fillers; I like playing them though I have no clue if they are considered good thirds.

Edit: For what it's worth, Brady says Spidey needs an OTG Assist, so that's something. Typically, does this game revolve around picking a "point" character and two assists that help him/her set up combos/moves? If so, I've been doing this all wrong, lol.
The most basic team structure consists of someone to build meter, some one to use the meter, and the last char acting mainly as an assists to support the first two.

As far as your team goes I only use spidey and while an OTG assist does help him with his meterless damage output from the looks of it your teams always gonna have a crap load of meter to burn so who cares.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So I haven't slept in 2 days and decided to play MvC3 after I finished my exam today. Dropped everryyyy combo lol. Although to be fair I think that the lag might have had something to do with it.

I also realize how hard I have to work to get Joe's BnBs to do even 400k without a bar while most of the cast can do that with minimal effort :/

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

Gates

Banned via Warnings

kr3wman

Smash Master
For SamuraiPanda :

M > H > c.H > Med. Upper > H > jump cancel > M > H > M. Red Hot Kick > Air dash forward > H> M. RHK > H. RHK> wait > S > M > H > jump cancel > M > H > jump cancel > M > H > M. RHK > M. RHK > Desperado or M. RHK

pulled it off srk V.Joe forum, don't know if it works on everybody, I'll have to try it out later.

I love how this combo does 500k, and then some guy comes around, posts a 430k combo and says its the most damaging right now. Are you blind.

Anywayz, I had some problems with Joe at first, but now that I understand where you wanna go with his combos and how to approach I feel like I can really enjoy playing him and at the same time I also feel like he won't be that bad of a character.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Remember that Morrigan Combo I said about. Well the Dash in After the X Factor cancel of 623 is optional. Plus it 100%'s anyone with 80,000 HP

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I would have posted that but it's only good after they're slow, which requires meter.

I love how this combo does 500k, and then some guy comes around, posts a 430k combo and says its the most damaging right now. Are you blind.
Yeah because I totally:

1. Care about Viewtiful Joe.
2. Know everything about him.
3. Claimed that what I posted was Joe's best combo.

Stay free. Like your health care.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
SHH! In all seriousness, he looks very interesting. I might pick him up if I can find the inner strength to pony up $5 for something that I technically already own...

Does anyone remember the day when you purchased a disc and owned everything on it?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
playing the game for the first time tmw, but it'll be at a tourny setting so i need to learn fast...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lame, i wouldve liked to use joe!

oh well, gotta just believe! ill use his best tools

(and still get tapped)

my team for tmw is

hsien ko, x23, tron

Atlus8

Smash Master
Man, played with other smash players yesterday night and it was pretty fun! We played without the X-Factor and called out people when they used it! Wished, Hsiend-Ko was faster! Might, replace her for Shuma-Gorath or Strider for sure(when he comes comes around for DLC!)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
strider?!??!?!?

haha cray cray

i like hsien ko, just feels like she needs quite a bit of support to bring out her strengths

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man, played with other smash players yesterday night and it was pretty fun! We played without the X-Factor and called out people when they used it! Wished, Hsiend-Ko was faster! Might, replace her for Shuma-Gorath or Strider for sure(when he comes comes around for DLC!)
I still don't know why you refuse to use it. That's like not using Supers in Super Turbo or Custom Combos in games that have them.
Even if the game is fun without supers, it's still a core part of the game.

cutter

Smash Champion
I still don't know why you refuse to use it. That's like not using Supers in Super Turbo or Custom Combos in games that have them.
Even if the game is fun without supers, it's still a core part of the game.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

If you get touched in a Vs. game, expect to lose your character... X-factor or not.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
its not even that broken tbh hahah
Level 3 is, IMO. Even if the opponent has 3 characters left, it's still possible to win.
It's risky to call out an assist since the person in X Factor will slaughter that assist, so it's almost 1v1 until it wears off.

And it's pretty much guess 3 times right and you win. lol

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I've been reading the guidebook, lol. I realize why I was sucking bad.

- Advance Guard is epic, didn't know >+2 Atk did it
- Crossover Assist.. oh my god. Safe switch-ins, lol, all I had to do was Block > >>+P1/P2
-Snap Backs..so easy to do but amazing D:

I've also realized that my teams are pretty bad (Maybe). Spiderman/Zero/Dante. Spiderman/Zero/Deadpool, X23/Akuma/Hsienko.

The last one may be good, I've only used it like once, lol.

As for the first two, I read Spidey needs OTG. Crystal is OTG but I think it's more of a "get away from me" move...so I don't know if that's a good one. Also, Jam Session is <3. This said, Spidey/Dante/ could be nice. As for the third, Deadpool has an otg Assist which seems nice, meaning I think Spidey/Dante/Deadpool could work. (Also Xfactor cancel on Trigger Happy going onto Dante's Shooting move is kinda cool :D) As for Zero though, I don't know. I read that he has no OTG other than his Hyper, so...

I guess I could do Spidey[Web Ball], Dante[Crystal], Zero[Rekko?] for the otg, but again, Crystal doesn't seem like the best idea.

Anyways, I feel like I'm learnin' D:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im playing for the first time tmw, just studied up on their hyper guides and some combos, how do u guys think my team will play out?

hsien ko, x23, tron

HK for hyper armor, gong->switch to x23 for point

Top Bottom