• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm surprised I didn't notice the lack of green when I first saw that video.

Just imagine if Ammy was in.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There actually was a Newgrounds MvC3 flash video for Amaterasu. I'm not going to link to it because it's VERY NSFW, but it's pretty decent.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
finally found a team i like in dante/zero/storm i use crystal assist for dante, hadenki fireball assist for zero and whirlwind for storm.
they can fill up the screen with so much **** no matter whos on point, plus they can dhc really well and their team hyper is excellent.
its a good mix of rushdown and camping if need be.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
finally found a team i like in dante/zero/storm i use crystal assist for dante, hadenki fireball assist for zero and whirlwind for storm.
they can fill up the screen with so much **** no matter whos on point, plus they can dhc really well and their team hyper is excellent.
its a good mix of rushdown and camping if need be.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

more dante and zero

why are they always on the same team?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Swapped my Felicia team's Trish for Chris. I can't do a whole lot with Trish without an OTG. And Chris is great for those projectile spammers.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I played against other people for the first time today, and it confirmed that I suck at this game just as much as I thought I did. I've been going through mission mode, just trying out different characters for the last week or so. I guess it's time to settle down and actually learn how to play the game now.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've decided that I'm not gonna play online at all until I've gotten a very solid grasp of this game. I'll be fighting shadows and mastering combos/teams in the meanwhile. I want a good record when I face people over the network.

All I know is that Zero is a must on my team somewhere.

Lag adjustments in training ftfw. Best idea that's ever been done for a fighting game.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm not only gonna be a good Brawl/BlazBlue player, but I've got every intention of kicking some serious at this one down the road. |D

Wouldn't want to cheapen my way through victories by smashing people with Haggar's pipe. XD

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Due to my general lack of skill at any fighting game that isn't Guilty Gear X, I'm having a bit of a hard time settling into this game. I planned on using Dante, Trish, and Viewtiful Joe, but Dante's too complicated for the likes of me- I can do combos, but when it comes to linking specials then you can count me out, I listened to Viewtiful Joe, heard his new voice/ Great Saiyaman personality, dropped him from my team.
Trish on the other hand is pretty solid, and I've been having a ton of fun using her (especially loving the fact you can still do stuff with her during the Crossover Combination where she throws Sparda at them), but I'm still unsure on my other members.

I've been messing around with Arthur, who I like playing as, but I'm unsure on what assist is best for him; I've been using the Heavenly Slash (or whatever it is), but I know the two projectile assists, especially bottle toss, would be great to have if I armour him up.

Finally, I was thinking of Taskmaster, but I only really like his normals, Hyper, and the Vertical arrow, which I've been using my assist. His specials aren't for me, especially not that counter slash, and I assume his specials are a huge part of his game, so I'm at a loss at what to do.

So basically: Would you recommend a projectile assist for Arthur above the slash, and should I stick with Taskie and use his specials sparingly, or try to find someone else who fits my gameplay.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Use Arthur's bottle assist.

If you like Taskmaster, give him a shot, no pun intended. If he doesn't fit well with your team, you can always swap him out later. His normals are really good, so you can probably use his specials sparingly. If it turns out that you really don't like him, then try to find someone else.

I can see that team working well together though.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Use Arthur's bottle assist.

If you like Taskmaster, give him a shot, no pun intended. If he doesn't fit well with your team, you can always swap him out later. His normals are really good, so you can probably use his specials sparingly. If it turns out that you really don't like him, then try to find someone else.

I can see that team working well together though.
Right, was thinking the bottle was the best way to go, but I was having fun smacking people up into trick hopscotch XD.
I may stick with Taskmaster, but if I surprisingly become extremely good with Dante, I'll swap him in.
Thanks ;).

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The stupidest assist that I've ever seen being used in a ranked match-- and by stupid I mean wtf cheap is Hsien-Ko's. As soon as the match begins, she can burn a hyper bar to use that special that gives her super armor, then she can just switch out to another partner. She'll maintain the super armor for a ridiculous amount of time since she's not in play that way and it's impossible to knock her out of assists.

Just set her assist to Pendulum Swing. Legit strategy.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Lulz when Hsien-Ko's do that Zero just ***** her. I had to fight someone who played like that. I only lost to him once. xD

EDIT: Don't get me started on Hagger's Pipe. *gets hit, gets launched, takes a 7 hit combo, ALREADY at Half health with Zero*

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Guys (and Lithium), it's a ****ing Torch. TORCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOT FIREBOTTLE

THIS AINT CASTLEVANIA. RESPECT MY PET PEEV. Idc what the games says its a ****ing torch.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Right, I don't have this game, and I only played MvC2 twice. Do you think if I picked this up and played it alot I'd get good at it or is it like SSF4 and nigh unplayable?

Also I've noticed that everyone here tends to talk about just the new characters, what's up with that?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Right, I don't have this game, and I only played MvC2 twice. Do you think if I picked this up and played it alot I'd get good at it or is it like SSF4 and nigh unplayable?

Also I've noticed that everyone here tends to talk about just the new characters, what's up with that?
The game is very generous to newcomers. Combo execution is easier than Super Street Fighter IV, and there's a mission mode to help train you in basic and advanced combos with each character.

As for the new characters, we talk about them a lot because they're some of the best.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Right good, the training mode in this game sounds really good. Also I heard a mention that you can train with fake lag for online battles?

And what about Dr Doom? Or Spiderman, Magneto, Ryu, Hulk or well anyone (bar Sentinel) since the first one? Surely Dante or Zero can't be that much better than them? I don't know much about this game but from what I've seen from Youtube it looks like Zero has short range. His hair whip thing looks like it has no reach compared to most other characters.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Right good, the training mode in this game sounds really good. Also I heard a mention that you can train with fake lag for online battles?

And what about Dr Doom? Or Spiderman, Magneto, Ryu, Hulk or well anyone (bar Sentinel) since the first one? Surely Dante or Zero can't be that much better than them? I don't know much about this game but from what I've seen from Youtube it looks like Zero has short range. His hair whip thing looks like it has no reach compared to most other characters.
Yeah, you can simulate lag in training mode. The cast seems a lot better balanced this time around, so everyone has a chance against everyone. Sentinel still stands out because of his ridiculous assists and range. The rest you mentioned are just about the same as they were before, just faster because of the change of pace. Magneto's got some impressive ranged options, though, and his air dash is frightening.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Luckily I know what assists are, and figuring out what an air dash is isn't too hard either. What about that MODOK guy? Don't think I've ever heard mention of him or seen a fight with him in it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
shoutouts to everyone who played mvc3 @ pound 5
I wish I knew who I actually played that day. I'm just ****-talking in the dark over here T_T.

Spiderman's so good at stalling. I wait out lvl3 X-Factors all day erryday :awesome:

Then use Wolvie's. Spammable rushdown, indeed.

@Pluvia: You should just give the game a shot for right now. It's worth your money, even if it's scrubbed down for newer players. Still an extremely solid game so far. You should see for yourself who you think is good/bad.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm starting from scratch :D I still suck terribly, but I'm learning a little more every day. The guide should be in the mail, too.

Octave

Smash Ace
So far my team is looking like Captain America/Taskmaster/Dormammu, Dormammu really being there so I can have someone with nice chip. I have a hard time adjusting to his playstyle since I usually play rushdown.

I just got beaten by some guy that spammed Unibeam over and over though >>; What do you guys do to counter crap like that?

Top Bottom