• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sorry disasterABDUL, I would've joined but I was facing a friend and had to go get lunch right after.
I'll be on in like an hour so if you're still up for it, I'll join.

I'll ask this again,

Anyone wanna critique my team and the assists I should use? Spiderman/Felicia/Taskmaster
I've never used those three together. I don't know if this will work but I guess Spidey should have web ball and maybe it'll capture the opponent when Felicia's on point and does Toy Touch to OTG. Felicia with Rolling Buckler since that hits low, I believe. That should give Spidey easy access because for unblockables. Taskmaster has an OTG assist, so I'd give him that. Spidey doesn't have a good DHC our of Maximum Spider at the end that goes well for Task or Felicia, but maybe I'm wrong.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm semi-convinced that managing a team around Arthur/Dormammu's projectile "keepaway" options + Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer would be a good way to help meter boosting for Phoenix.

Only problem with Arthur is vitality. I realized earlier that Chris's Machine Gun Fire completely wrecks Arthur spammers. lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'll ask this again,

Anyone wanna critique my team and the assists I should use? Spiderman/Felicia/Taskmaster
I've never used those three together. I don't know if this will work but I guess Spidey should have web ball and maybe it'll capture the opponent when Felicia's on point and does Toy Touch to OTG. Felicia with Rolling Buckler since that hits low, I believe. That should give Spidey easy access because for unblockables. Taskmaster has an OTG assist, so I'd give him that.
Basically everything here, only I kind of disagree with Web Ball. Spidey's best assist right now is considered to be Web Swing since it can extend combos. Web Ball is good for ambiguity with crossups I guess. Definitely son't use Spider Sting though, that move sucks.

Spidey doesn't have a good DHC our of Maximum Spider at the end that goes well for Task or Felicia, but maybe I'm wrong.
That's not true at all. You can DHC into Felicia's Kitty Helper. :D

I'm semi-convinced that managing a team around Arthur/Dormammu's projectile "keepaway" options + Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer would be a good way to help meter boosting for Phoenix.

Only problem with Arthur is vitality. I realized earlier that Chris's Machine Gun Fire completely wrecks Arthur spammers. lol
Both of those characters actually eat a lot of meter too. If you want a meter builder who also zones, try using Chris.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Sorry disasterABDUL, I would've joined but I was facing a friend and had to go get lunch right after.
I'll be on in like an hour so if you're still up for it, I'll join.

I've never used those three together. I don't know if this will work but I guess Spidey should have web ball and maybe it'll capture the opponent when Felicia's on point and does Toy Touch to OTG. Felicia with Rolling Buckler since that hits low, I believe. That should give Spidey easy access because for unblockables. Taskmaster has an OTG assist, so I'd give him that. Spidey doesn't have a good DHC our of Maximum Spider at the end that goes well for Task or Felicia, but maybe I'm wrong.
I usually followup with calling Felicia's cat friend but I might try Taskmaster's arrow super at a horizontal angle.

Edit: Revengerson you have to predict where they launch you so that you hit the left stick in the same direction + X to do the counter.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

Magneto's disruptor is too good too against Arthur spamming.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Probably should start Storm either way since Chun's Lightning Legs assist is to good not to abuse while Chun on the other hand doesn't particularly benefit from Storm's assists. Morrigan is just generally good for building meter with Dark Harmonizer, but other than that she doesn't add too much to the team. Chun and Storm could probably benefit just as much from Sentinel's drones.
I see. Who would you suggest as a possible third? I'm pretty open to the entire cast at this point.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Man, I hardly remember to X-Factor any of my combos! I played with friends a few nights ago and remembered I still had an X-Factor whenever I was down to one character!

As for Felicia, I have her on Cat Spike assist! I usually call her out in the middle of a combo so she can ground bounce the opponent so I can follow up!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I see. Who would you suggest as a possible third? I'm pretty open to the entire cast at this point.
Either of the teams you suggested would work fine. Storm/Chun/Morrigan would be better at building meter, but Storm/Chun/Sentinel would be just as good in terms of damage.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
So, I tried playing online, and I am so unbelievably bad at this game. That being said, I probably have less than three hours into it, so hopefully I'll get better.

Who's good to use with Hisen-Ko and/or Felicia?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Holy ****. Wolverine is so amazingly fun to play and he feels pretty good with all his options for mixups, along with pretty decent combos (my current 1 bar BnB does 600k). Why does nobody play him? Wolvy is freaking awesome.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Who's good to use with Hisen-Ko and/or Felicia?
Hsien-Ko and Felicia are both in my team! Magneto-A/Felicia-Y/Hsien-Ko-A! I haven't placed on-point practice with either Felicia or Hsien-Ko yet, but I like their assist when I have Magneto out! I do understand that Felicia's combo links aren't easy, so be prepare to put some heavy practice in learning them! I have BARELY touched Hsien-Ko so I don't know much about her!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Holy ****. Wolverine is so amazingly fun to play and he feels pretty good with all his options for mixups, along with pretty decent combos (my current 1 bar BnB does 600k). Why does nobody play him? Wolvy is freaking awesome.
Justin Wong actually won a tournament on Wednesday with Wolverine/Storm/Akuma.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Also lol @ Wolverine being the most popular character now just because JWong won WNF's with his team/Wolverine. Get some ****ing originality people and use who you want to use, not because someone else uses them. These people probably have their characters figured out decently well and then just switch to Wolvy because they watch JWong do some **** and can't do anything really and have to learn a new character. Do what you want and stop copying **** for dumb reasons. /end mini rant.
Yeah, this guy said it best! Wolvies are gonna start popping up soon!

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
My scrubby *** keeps getting ***** by campy *** deadpools/dooms.

I need to get a system so I can practice this game.

Maybe my team is just ****ty against campers ( forgive me if this isn't a term outside of smash. I do not know what else to call it, as I am new to fighting games outside of smash ). Morrigan/X-23/Phoenix.

mmmmmm dem *****es

Pengie

Smash Lord
I think Hsien-Ko's greatest asset is the fact that you can make her assists all invincible; using her armor super gives her Hyper Armor, meaning that she doesn't suffer any hitstun. This works amazingly in conjunction with her pendulum as it turns her into a giant swinging hitbox. On my team, I use this as a way to help Magneto or Sentinel get in by forcing them to block which allows for a variety of different mixups using things like instant fly/unfly overheads, box jump M (with Mags), and many other tricks. Alternatively she helps with zoning because you essentially put a massive hit box midscreeen that chips people; this is extremely good for Sentinel who can just spit-> cr.spit to do chip while Hsien-Ko does chip as well. Magneto can also zone people out with this assist because of his EM disrupter.

On point I haven't really been that successful with her, except in one situation: when I'm up against keepaway. Hsien-Ko is amazing at shutting down keepaway by reflecting projectiles with her gong. Not only that but her Item Throw can cover may different angles and her pendulum can help get her out of trouble. She can also stall in the air if need be by super jumping and then using her pendulum to stay up.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
My scrubby *** keeps getting ***** by campy *** deadpools/dooms.

I need to get a system so I can practice this game.

Maybe my team is just ****ty against campers ( forgive me if this isn't a term outside of smash. I do not know what else to call it, as I am new to fighting games outside of smash ). Morrigan/X-23/Phoenix.

mmmmmm dem *****es
All of your character's don't seem to be bad at approaching, you just need to get in safely, and considering X-23 is fast as balls, Phoenix has a teleport, and Morrigan can fly, be careful, and lay on the smackdown. Though Phoenix should only be out with 5 meters stocked.

Atlus8

Smash Master
For those of you who are new at fighting games or don't have a grasp for this game, I HIGHLY recommend getting the strategy guide! Imagine a guide for Melee that has frame data and explanations of the advance techniques! The book has several dedicated pages for EVERY character! It's nice to just sit back and just read through it!

Pengie

Smash Lord
Hmmm... I haven't run into that yet; I want to say that they just cancel each other out, but I'm not sure. It can't reflect it, and the gong seems to have insane priority, but so does Dark Hole, so I'm not sure.

*will test later*

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
For those of you who are new at fighting games or don't have a grasp for this game, I HIGHLY recommend getting the strategy guide! Imagine a guide for Melee that has frame data and explanations of the advance techniques! The book has several dedicated pages for EVERY character! It's nice to just sit back and just read through it!
will do!

@Yars - thanks for the info. Yeah like i said, only problem is I don't have a ps3/360 to actually practice, so I can't practice combos, teleports, etc. unless I am in a real battle, in which i get punished for trying different things to try and figure **** out, haha. No johns, just need to get money together to get the system/game/guide/arcade stick.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If you only got four cycles out of it, then it's not an infinite.
See above.
He loves you (STUPID ****ING SKRULL INVASION)
Not an infinite.
Smooth Criminal
You can't pawn it off because I SAID I AM INCONSISTENT.
That's like saying it is impossible to.. let say.. multishine more than five times because I can't do it.
Me getting it to the fourth cycle just means that I am not consistent enough to do it, but you can't block it after the c M. dash.
I wish you were a little more excited for an infinite so you wouldn't pawn it off without looking into it. Go test it out.
Mahvel is broken again <3

Pengie

Smash Lord
I don't think that this game will have any infinites; the hitstun decay in this game seems to be made to prevent that.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm hesitant to buy the guide because I think that if there is enough clamoring from fans there will be a patch to change damage/X-Factor/glitches/etc. If you're completely new to Marvel though, it is definitely a great thing to have.

You can't pawn it off because I SAID I AM INCONSISTENT.
That's like saying it is impossible to.. let say.. multishine more than five times because I can't do it.
Me getting it to the fourth cycle just means that I am not consistent enough to do it, but you can't block it after the c M. dash.
I wish you were a little more excited for an infinite so you wouldn't pawn it off without looking into it. Go test it out.
Mahvel is broken again <3
No, you don't understand. This is nothing like Melee combos. MvC3 has something called hitstun deterioration.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Combo_Limiters/Hit_Stun_Deterioration
The general theory is that the longer a combo goes on, the less hitstun each move in the combo does, meaning that eventually your opponent will either fall out of a combo or be able to block out. Melee and Brawl have absolutely nothing similar to this which is why, if your techskill is perfect, Fox can do his infinite forever in Melee. So no, this isn't even remotely similar. I can't see anyone being able to do the loop more than 4 times, and even then it would be incredibly difficult after the 5th time. It's not a question of execution, it's a feature of the game's engine that doesn't allow infinites.

Stay free.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Okay, if it isn't possible for it to be an infinite, I'm sure that we could at least see a 0-death considering how many times I can do it and how level the character stays when I perform it, right?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why is it always Akuma that finds himself getting broken infinite **** lmao

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It is HARD AS **** for me to do comboes involving web swing. I'm new to Marvel but still...
With Spider-Man or Taskmaster? Spider-Man, just keep practicing at it until your execution gets good enough that you can do it without any problem. Taskmaster's Web Swing is just towards H, idk how you'd have a problem with that.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous; I did a 2 mil combo with Sentinel in X factor just for lulz in training mode...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Gloating how you can do a 2 mil combo with XF Sentinel is like gloating that you can multiply. :3

Because Sentinel/Mags kill him in like half a combo =p.
Yeah... Low health lets him down.

Get the infinite in before they can start a combo :3. There are definately enough set-up options for that.

Top Bottom