• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, get used to TKing Bonne Strike. Air Bonne Strike gives you advantage on block I think while the ground one is punishable.
Air Bonne Strike with an assist while ticking into her command grab gives her really good pressure.
I haven't used Trish and Viper yet so I don't know how well they go together with Tron.

Can't you just advance guard the Bonne Strike and be completely safe from her command throw? I'm also considering playing a bit of Tron (still need to figure out what 2 chars can compliment my Joe the best) but thats something I came across fairly early in my experimentation with her. Is there some anti-advance guard strategy you use?

It is bothering the hell out of me.

it's just not NEARLY as fun as MvC2. I'm giving it time first, though.
Honestly, I don't think its possible to make a game exactly like MvC2 but somehow better. So I can't really blame it for being different.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
It's fun to **** around in, but competitively I just can't say it's very fun. Brawl was the same way except brawl was a piece of **** competitively and wasn't fun at all. At least it's still kinda fun AND it'll probably get better over time.

If the game was a little bit harder, the infinite prevention system was different, and if the damage wasn't ridiculous then I would have nothing to say. Just waiting to see how this game fills out before i get "serious".

Atlus8

Smash Master
Few changes I would make to MvC3: faster speed, NO X-Factor and tech OTG combos!

I'm tired of seeing those OTG combos already! I wish they gave us a strict @$$ timing to be able to tech the ground and not bounce!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think that playing Duc all these years has led me to become terrible at meter management. I guess I'll have to work on that.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
We can play some tomorrow Lombardi, someone else invited me literally seconds before you did and when we finished you were in the middle of something else.

Also, got someone to rage quit while I was mixing up and resetting all over their ***. The disconnect only made me laugh, ranked record so far is like 6:2 or something

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Does it bother you guys that this game isn't like MvC2 enough? Some of the Louisiana players are acting like this is the Brawl of Marvel (Surely it can't be that bad.).
I never really could get into MvC2, so it doesn't bother me at all. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I like ti think Zero might have a loop with Hsien-Ko and her first assist. By using C and 6C. ;O
Zero can do 6C loops on his own though. Just do 2C to 6C, A, B, C, and 6C.
Does it bother you guys that this game isn't like MvC2 enough? Some of the Louisiana players are acting like this is the Brawl of Marvel (Surely it can't be that bad.).
A little. High damage, hit stun reduction, and X Factor are a turn off.
Other than that, the game is really fun. I'll still pop in MvC2 and play it though.

If anyone wants me to play me in MvC2, I'll gladly play.

Can't you just advance guard the Bonne Strike and be completely safe from her command throw? I'm also considering playing a bit of Tron (still need to figure out what 2 chars can compliment my Joe the best) but thats something I came across fairly early in my experimentation with her. Is there some anti-advance guard strategy you use?
Yeah, AG does push her back, so I guess that can't always work.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it's unfair to call out X-Factor so early. If anything, make one of your objectives to strategically snapback the opponent in pulling their X-Factor character early and kill him/her first.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think X-Factor is kind of fun. If they tone down the damage, X-Factor will be toned down too since people won't be able to hit as hard generally. They could definitely make it more balanced by keeping the combo going through X-Factor though. Or maybe they could make it so that the last move is canceled from damage scaling instead of completely resetting.

Octave

Smash Ace
I like JWong's idea of making it so that it gets rid of the power/speed/no chip but just acts as a cancel and a heal. As it is now, it's kinda dumb.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That would definitely work too. People only really use it as a RC or a comeback mechanic anyway, doing what jwong said would just take away the bull**** associated with the latter.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
X Factor's damage boost is way too high as a level 3. I've had many matches where a level 3 X Factor kills off two of my guys easily if I block wrong. If it was only a cancel and heal, I'd like it so much more. It'd be pretty cool if the hit stun decay wouldn't occur during X Factor if it was only a heal/cancel.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like JWong's idea of making it so that it gets rid of the power/speed/no chip but just acts as a cancel and a heal. As it is now, it's kinda dumb.
Making it a on time use RC(with some healing) sounds like too big of a nerf, it would make it kind of pointless. Maybe if each character could use it once then a nerf like that would let x-factor still have an nice impact on a match(though I would like it to still have no chip, but whatever.)

Yeah, it's too powerful right now, but removing or making an aspect of the game next to pointless should be the last option imo. :/

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think if they do take out power and speed-up from X-Factor, they should still keep in the ability to use it to cancel blockstun.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
What's the likelihood of them releasing a patch that nerfs x-factor to the point of just a cancel and heal? It's a pleasant idea, but I don't think they'd go that far. Who knows, though. I know I can't predict what they'll do with this game.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Not entirely sure XF is as bad as people are saying it is. Some characters are quite good at running away (lookin' at Joe's 3 jumps + airdash + RHC) so perhaps people should start putting a place on their team for a run-away character vs XF?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Not to mention the chip is deadly. Against someone like Arthur in lvl 3 XF, you'd better be godly at advanced guarding or have your XF still saved.

Otherwise you'll be chipped to death every time. Same with sent.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I never realized how much meter Hulk builds in this game until I saw Mike Ross playing him. I may have to look into Hulk now.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm still working on it but right now it's Trish-B/Dormammu-B/Sentinel-A. Trish goes out first to build meter then switches to Dormammu who eats meter. Sentinel's drones help Dormammu's keep-away game since Dormammu doesn't have a traditional projectile without charging up his hands. Trish's assist is also good for hit confirming into Dormammu's beam super. So far it works ok but I'm wondering how I can improve it.

I also like Super-Skrull, and I heard he has a throw loop with Phoenix, so I might try out a team of Skrull-Y/battery/Phoenix-Y.

How about you?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Wesker-B/IM-A/Viper-A/Y and Chris-B/Dorm-B/Sent-A. I might witch out Dorm since i don't like him very much. My main team I just straight RTSD. Magneto doesn't work with the team liked i hoped but at least IM can do the ****.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've been messing around and trying to find another good team to use. I have Spidey and Wesker and I'm looking for a third to complement them. So far, Spidey's on point and he can easily take advantage of Wesker's assist. I had Doom as a temporary third, but I've only been messing with Spidey and Wesker at the moment in the training mode.

Any ideas on a third?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wesker-B/IM-A/Viper-A/Y and Chris-B/Dorm-B/Sent-A. I might witch out Dorm since i don't like him very much. My main team I just straight RTSD. Magneto doesn't work with the team liked i hoped but at least IM can do the ****.
Yeah, I think Iron Man is really underrated right now. Aside from his infinites he really hasn't lost anything and he's actually gained a bunch of stuff as well. Is Unibeam a better assist than Repulsor Blast right now? And if so, why?

I'm still not sold on Chris, though I've heard he is good at building meter.

I've been messing around and trying to find another good team to use. I have Spidey and Wesker and I'm looking for a third to complement them. So far, Spidey's on point and he can easily take advantage of Wesker's assist. I had Doom as a temporary third, but I've only been messing with Spidey and Wesker at the moment in the training mode.

Any ideas on a third?

Sentinel. Alright, that joke is getting old.

Maybe another character who can take advantage of Wesker's OTG or Spidey's Maximum Spider would be good. Magneto comes to mind.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think Iron Man is really underrated right now. Aside from his infinites he really hasn't lost anything and he's actually gained a bunch of stuff as well. Is Unibeam a better assist than Repulsor Blast right now? And if so, why?

I'm still not sold on Chris, though I've heard he is good at building meter.
Yeah, IM is just a better Mag imo. If Mags surpasses him I'll make sure to pick him instead though. And Unibeam just works well with Weskers teleports. Good for crossups. Repulsor blast is just good for combos TBH.

And Chris is ***. I just play him because he's fun. i have another fun team that's Haggar-A/Storm-B/Tasky-B but i'm about to merge the teams to Haggar/Tasky/Sent.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Huh, I guess Unibeam would be good for ambiguity.

I hear Haggar's crack pipe is pretty god.

EDIT: Not good, god. I meant what I said. Haggar 2012.

Also, I just realized that Mike Ross is using Red Hulk. How fitting that Mike Ross is playing General Ross.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah, IM is just a better Mag imo. If Mags surpasses him I'll make sure to pick him instead though. And Unibeam just works well with Weskers teleports. Good for crossups. Repulsor blast is just good for combos TBH.

And Chris is ***. I just play him because he's fun. i have another fun team that's Haggar-A/Storm-B/Tasky-B but i'm about to merge the teams to Haggar/Tasky/Sent.
Have you SEEN what Mags can do? He's insane. He has the best reset potential in the game so far and his level 3 is beyond nuts not to mention his raw damage output on just normal combos with no hypers. Ground and air throws lead to free combos as well.

Mags is definitely better then IM.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I know, Magz is obviously still one of the best characters. Why does nobody see this yet? Ever since he was announced to now SRK is calling him ****

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Nah man. You gotta hit up the SRK Efnet chat where all the real heads talk about the game even the pros. All the pros say he is probably second best in the game and I agree. I asked LI Joe about it when he streamed the game and he was the first one to tell me that.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I used to have problems with SRK motions before I though about it for a bit and realized you're supposed to end with 3, not 5. And the only reason I thought this was because of the little 'z' motion it shows on how to do it in SF4.

I figured this out yesterday by the way. :v

Practicing Nathan/Dante/Mags now, Mags' resets are too good

Top Bottom