• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I had to leave RIGHT after my first match with Atlus started, but it was fun. The ending was so silly, I jumped right into your missiles, lol. Good game. :]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Amaaaaazing games, Minato. Best I've played, definitely.
GGs, Matador. Fighting Wolverine with a level 3 X Factor sure is scary lol.
One wrong move and I'm done.

I lost badly on Hyper Ridley's team. Stupid beam supers. :mad088: lol
Zoning teams hurt my team a lot and I need to not make dumb assist calls and get ready to block.

But yeah, my team is basically do mixups with Zero and rush them down into a corner and either do OTG combos or DHCs. Hsien-Ko with Sent is so good. I started learning that using gong, to Sent assist to gong or projectile helps stop rush down characters. And Sent's just there for X Factor and as an assist really lol.

I really need to go for better combos online though. I didn't even do one Buster or flight combo.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Minato, you should try experimenting with Zero and Sentinel's DHCs. I'm pretty sure Rekkoha DHC Plasma Storm works, and I think HSF might work too.

Also, I found out that Arthur can kara-cancel his 6C into any of his special moves to get closer to the opponent. I have no idea why you would want to do this though.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sent drones and a jumping scythe is literally a wall you CANNOT get past with out SJing. The scythe comes out at the same angle as the drones. Try it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato, you should try experimenting with Zero and Sentinel's DHCs. I'm pretty sure Rekkoha DHC Plasma Storm works, and I think HSF might work too.
Rekkoha to any of Sent's supers doesn't work that well since Rekkoha pushes them up out of Plasma Storm or HSF later.

I usually DHC into Tenrai Ha since that pushes them back down so it gets all the hits. Tenrai Ha also DHCs well into Sent's super which is why I have Hsien-Ko in the second slot.

Also, DHCing Rekkoha to Hsien-Ko's Rimoukon and tagging out is pretty nice.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually learning how to play this game. Awesome, because I'm pretty clueless when it comes to 2D fighters.

Might pick it up when I get my next paycheck. :3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Auspher, where does your avatar come from? I swear I keep seeing characters from it in other avatars.

I'm loving this game a lot. So much, in fact, that I gotta put the XBOX in the living room of my apartment so I don't get distracted because I got a truck load of work due next week just within the first two days. And in related news, I learned that She-Hulk's Down H is an overhead. Hello, sir, would you like some Green *** and Ham Tostada Press?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm actually learning how to play this game. Awesome, because I'm pretty clueless when it comes to 2D fighters.

Might pick it up when I get my next paycheck. :3
Same here. I keep getting matched up with people way above my skill level for some reason. :/

I really need to learn how to block though. I'm still not entirely sure how it works...canceling too...

I still have a long way to go.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Rekkoha to any of Sent's supers doesn't work that well since Rekkoha pushes them up out of Plasma Storm or HSF later.
Hmm, I figured that might happen. Tensei Ha is a good idea though.

I really need to learn how to block though. I'm still not entirely sure how it works...
Hold away from your opponent.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Hold away from your opponent.
You can't low block high attacks and you can't high block low attacks. Grabs can't be blocked of course. I suggest if you're having a problem you look into which moves are high and low because some are tricky.

Also, Felicia's helper assist is too fun to use. Them unblockable setups are too good.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hold down-back unless they're jumping in, because it seems like everyone's jumping attacks are overheads.

As for canceling, you just do one move, and then quickly do another, effectively canceling your first move. Try doing the missions, they'll give you an idea of how fast you should be cancelling your moves, jumps, dashes, etc.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Some that come to mind are Viper's Burning Kick and forward M. You can use this to your advantage for unblockable setups with assists.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Has anyone beside me got the Brady Games guide?

I strongly recommend it if you don't have it already. I remember the guide mentioning that Tron can do an instant air Bonne Strike with a back DP jump input and one of her trials implicitly requires this.

I'm thinking of switching Tron and Trish with each other. Tron deals a lot of damage and builds the meter I need for Viper while Trish would function better as a zoner for She-Hulk with Hsien-Ko and Ammy both serving as my toolboxes. What do you guys think?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Has anyone beside me got the Brady Games guide?

I strongly recommend it if you don't have it already. I remember the guide mentioning that Tron can do an instant air Bonne Strike with a back DP jump input and one of her trials implicitly requires this.

I'm thinking of switching Tron and Trish with each other. Tron deals a lot of damage and builds the meter I need for Viper while Trish would function better as a zoner for She-Hulk with Hsien-Ko and Ammy both serving as my toolboxes. What do you guys think?
Yeah, get used to TKing Bonne Strike. Air Bonne Strike gives you advantage on block I think while the ground one is punishable.
Air Bonne Strike with an assist while ticking into her command grab gives her really good pressure.
I haven't used Trish and Viper yet so I don't know how well they go together with Tron.

I finally found a Tron team for me. Tron/Mags/Dante. Tron's on point and doesn't have too much trouble getting in with Mag's assist. So it's pretty much summon Servbot, call Mags, TK Bonne Strike to get in.
The team has good DHCs and benefit Tron in block strings and helping her do OTG combos.

Now I just need to find a good team for Spidey and I got my 3 teams.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Man I feel terrible for what I did on rank. I like just beat this dudes, Magneto, Iron man, Ryu team with my Dante alone no assist. It ended with a Cr. L, M, Forward H, Cancel S, J.M, J.M, DJ, J.M, J.M, 236L, S, J.M, J.M 236H, 236AA, X factor, 623AA.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Minato, my teams are now Viper/Tron/Hsien-Ko and She-Hulk/Trish/Amaterasu. You misunderstood me. I was saying that Trish and Tron swapped teams. How would recommend doing TK Bonne Strike? I can barely do it with 42147.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato, my teams are now Viper/Tron/Hsien-Ko and She-Hulk/Trish/Amaterasu. You misunderstood me. I was saying that Trish and Tron swapped teams. How would recommend doing TK Bonne Strike? I can barely do it with 42147.
I TK Bonne Strike with that same motion. You have to do that motion fast, otherwise you'll just do a whiffed move in the air. Do 42147 as fast as you can and then tap L/M/H just as she leaves the ground. It was weird for me at first, but just keep doing the motion faster and faster until you get it.

I'm on my PS3 right now. If anyone wants to play, just sent an invite.
I want to practice some new ideas and new teams.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Had to leave last night sadly, but had some good games nontheless. still not sure who to stick with, I like chun and viper a lot and dante is a really solid character but for some reason I just don't like putting them in a team.
also, no spectator mode is terrible and ridiculously boring

Octave

Smash Ace
Had to leave last night sadly, but had some good games nontheless. still not sure who to stick with, I like chun and viper a lot and dante is a really solid character but for some reason I just don't like putting them in a team.
also, no spectator mode is terrible and ridiculously boring
Even when you're in a group of people waiting for your turn, it doesn't display the match?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I just played a few rounds online with Phoenix/Wolverine/X-23. Went up against someone using Captain America/Sentinel/Wolverine. He KO'd Wolverine and X-23. I managed to take out Sentinel fairly easily, but it came down to wire with Captain America. We both had a pixel of health remaining, but he managed to get his hit in before I did. Excellent match.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does it bother you guys that this game isn't like MvC2 enough? Some of the Louisiana players are acting like this is the Brawl of Marvel (Surely it can't be that bad.).

Top Bottom