• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
But seriously, I haven't been getting any updates. Pretty sure it hasn't been in transit from Indiana for 48+ hours or however long I can't be ****ed to check.
Yeah, I only live a few hours away from Indiana. There's no way it should take a week to ship from Indiana to Michigan.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm liking Morrigan's Scottish accent. It's like the first time I've ever found that accent attractive. Mind you that I only hear the accent on TV and in movies so YMMV.

My friend and I came up with names for my teams:

Viper team - Mama and Her Girls
She-Hulk team - Average Ghetto Family

The first one will be about high and low mixups (as opposed to okizeme), speed, traps, and punishment. The second will be more about feints, zoning, and dealing big damage. In a sense, the former is offensive while the second is defensive. You guys agree?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope to God it's her 90's outfit. And I always hear HOH!

HOH! HOH! HOH! with her red costume.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just realized that Spiderman is better at running away than Storm in this game.

That's messed up man.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
LOL MAN I MISSED THAT back in mvc2 days Im like oh wait. IM CapCom, CPT CORRIDOR *gets hit confirmed, gets comboed to lighting attack, lighting storm, to dhc sentinel and dies*

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I finally got a chance to play today, and I've got a loooooooong way to go before I'm competent with this game. I'm definitely going to have Chun on my team; I love her and she's pretty cool in this game. The rest of my team is totally up in the air though. I'm actually surprised at how much I like MODOK, he may make the final cut.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I finally got a chance to play today, and I've got a loooooooong way to go before I'm competent with this game. I'm definitely going to have Chun on my team; I love her and she's pretty cool in this game. The rest of my team is totally up in the air though. I'm actually surprised at how much I like MODOK, he may make the final cut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMzAyXN9LjI&feature=feedf

chun is good stuff in this game
I'm also thinking of using her in my team once I get her combos down better.
I also like felicia and x-23.

Octave

Smash Ace
Yeah, I only live a few hours away from Indiana. There's no way it should take a week to ship from Indiana to Michigan.
Mine got updated a little while ago it seems. It's in NJ now.

I'm not complaining cause news is better than no news, but this is a little ridiculous.

Also, ODIN, I just realized your avatar has the Smash symbol on the hat.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
So I went to a friends house and he had this game.

Needless to say I fell in love.

Won't have enough money to pick up a ps3/xbox360 ( is either preferred ) and a copy of the game for a couple months though. Until then I am just a weekend warrior :3

Any good sites for competitive discussion on this game? Besides this thread I mean. Any ideas on team tiers yet? I love Phoenix, but she seems stupidly squishy. Pretty much Phoenix/ChunLi/X-23 was the team I was using.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I heard that only works if Sent is called as an assist while cornered. That's how it seems to be in the video at least.

Anyway, this is impractical. You'd time them out before you got to the full 999 hits.
Because the point is obviously to get 999 hits.

So I went to a friends house and he had this game.

Needless to say I fell in love.

Won't have enough money to pick up a ps3/xbox360 ( is either preferred ) and a copy of the game for a couple months though. Until then I am just a weekend warrior :3

Any good sites for competitive discussion on this game? Besides this thread I mean. Any ideas on team tiers yet? I love Phoenix, but she seems stupidly squishy. Pretty much Phoenix/ChunLi/X-23 was the team I was using.
shoryuken.com

Old

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
PSN: Kmatador77

Prolly gonna add just about everyone. Feel free to invite if you ever see me online.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Okay so far on PSN.

Had one or two laggy, but playable connections out of the like...30(?) matches that I've played.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Online's been pretty solid for me.

Most matches I've played were near lagless, only had one or two bad ones.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
The only problem I have with online is finding a ranked match. It takes at least 5 tries before I get something, but other than that it's gold.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The only problem I have with online is finding a ranked match. It takes at least 5 tries before I get something, but other than that it's gold.
Try using fight request in training mode.

I had the same problem, but never got any errors when I just went into training and enabled that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I just learned that I can cancel into She-Hulk's run for combos. I hereby dub She-Hulk, La Gigante.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now to finish up the team. I don't think Deadpool will work out. He has such a strong emphasis on keepaway that it goes against Gigante's plan for going in. I'm thinking Tron.

And I just realized that neither of my teams use villains.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Now to finish up the team. I don't think Deadpool will work out. He has such a strong emphasis on keepaway that it goes against Gigante's plan for going in. I'm thinking Tron.

And I just realized that neither of my teams use villains.
Are you using X-23?

If not, why aren't you using X-23?! She's incredible.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>___>

Because not everybody in this thread believes X-23 is top tier, Serris.

But she is really good.

I've been playing Magneto (EM Disrupt), MODOK (Barrier), and Dorm (Dark Hole). It is a ridiculously fun team. Dorm puts good pressure on with his assist (and sometimes negates approaches entirely), MODOK can help ameliorate projectile camping somewhat and dampen approaches with his barrier assist, and Magneto is just mag-****ing-neto. What's really awesome is when I switch out Mags mid-match (for whatever reason) and start blasting people to hell and back with his Disruptor assist. Then it's MODOK camping shenanigans or Dorm zoning shenanigans.

Smooth Criminal

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I never said she's top-tier, I just said she's incredible. And she fits well with his playstyle of "rush in and kill everything." Wolverine does too, but X-23's better at it because of her lunge grab and fake-out dash attack. Gives her better set-up options. Combined with X-Factor, she's a force to be reckoned with.

I personally use both of them (Crescent Scythe and Berserker Slash) to compliment Phoenix (TK Overdrive). They excel at fast attacks with high burst damage and build up the special gauge very quickly, so if I lose with the two of them, I can try to win as Phoenix and rely on the Dark Phoenix trump card should that not work out so well.

Really, either is a good choice, but X-23 is better for what he's looking for.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Are you using X-23?

If not, why aren't you using X-23?! She's incredible.
She actually is. I managed to get my hands on playing yesterday and it is very addicting. My team consists of Joe, Hsien-Ko and bringing up the end is Mike "The Pipe" Haggar. Now I have to wait till March to buy the game. :mad:

Top Bottom