• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Honestly phoneix is the gayest character ever. Put her as your third character. Have a really good point character supported by a good assist. Dark phoneix happens.

GG. Because now her she has ****ing two amazing fireballs and it was already stupid before. So as long as your playing correctly nobodys getting in on you.
Snapback.

and damn its hard picking a third
Sentinel.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
So, does C.Viper still have all that Fire Punch, Electric Kick cancelling crap, or have they scrapped that?
Because I'd be damned if I ever cancelled that punch more than once in the time I've played SSFIV.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
**** yeah being lame.

Who are you using?
Hsien-Ko/Trish/Ammy.

Hsien-Ko is amazing against other zoners, especially if you lame it up. Gong stops everything that I've come across. And if you use her Hyper Mode pendulum as an assist, it's pretty scary.

Lovage

Smash Hero
dude i was ***IN ppl up tonight online

can't wait till i get a stick, i found a TE nearby on craigslist for 80 bucks, hope the guy responds to my email cuz that's a pretty nice deal

i still feel pretty whack for choosing sent tho haha, i can feel the hate all the time

i mean i was planning to play him before everyone knew he was amazing buuuut idk hes too good at least at the noob level lol

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
So, does C.Viper still have all that Fire Punch, Electric Kick cancelling crap, or have they scrapped that?
Because I'd be damned if I ever cancelled that punch more than once in the time I've played SSFIV.
Fire punch? Electric Kick? Anywayssssss yes she can still feint. And they would never scrap feinting. It's really, REALLY good in SSF4.

Sariku

Smash Master
I've been using Morrigan, Sentinel, and Iron Man. My Win/Loss record is currently like, 69/21 :]
Except ranked. I lost to a Dante (dumbest character in the game (noob friendly anyways)) and got discouraged, so I'm 0/1 on that.

Lobos

Smash Master
yo PS3 players whats good

i use trish ammy and dormmmm

Kuroii_ck

Lobos where you at !
I was on from like 6 to 9 playing it last night!

minato - I'll add today when I get the chance

Tried mission mode last night as well.....I can't do some of the jump cancel combos with a controller properly lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i still feel pretty whack for choosing sent tho haha, i can feel the hate all the time

i mean i was planning to play him before everyone knew he was amazing
You mean 11 years ago?

Lookin at Deadpool/she-hulk/Phoenix

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think I'm going to need a counter for Phoenix. That matchup is really tough for me.
Maybe I'll try using Storm and see how that goes.

Also, online's pretty easy. Can't wait until people get used to the game so the competition goes up.
I've only lost once out of 19 ranked matches. I did meet that guy who beat me and got my revenge though. lol

I must say that Skrull really took me by surprised. That overhead special and grapple move were hard to deal with online.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think I have two teams right now:

She-Hulk/Deadpool/Amaterasu and Viper-Fuerte/Trish/Hsien-Ko.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Anyone looking for games on 360? I'm not that good, looking to learn, etc.

And I finally found my third.

Taskmaster. <3

Web Swing->Jam Session assist to air combo is too good.

Anyway, hit me up: GT is Big Boss 0DIN
Hit me up pitzer757 it's always good to train with other people

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hsien-Ko/Trish/Ammy.

Hsien-Ko is amazing against other zoners, especially if you lame it up. Gong stops everything that I've come across. And if you use her Hyper Mode pendulum as an assist, it's pretty scary.
Nice. I saw Twisted Jago demonstrating Hsien-Ko's hyper mode assists and they looked pretty cool.

You mean 11 years ago?
Sentinel has been good since CotA, so it's more like 17 years.

I think I'm going to need a counter for Phoenix. That matchup is really tough for me.
Sentinel.

I must say that Skrull really took me by surprised. That overhead special and grapple move were hard to deal with online.
But is he still good without lag?

And I finally found my third.

Taskmaster. <3
Taskmaster could be good on your team as well, but idk what assist you'd use.

Also,

I wanna play as Sentinel with sunglasses.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sentinel.
I use Sentinel and I'm having trouble figuring out how the matchup works at the moment.
Once she's Dark Phoenix, it's a pain. She'll be in the air and Sentinel's Rocket Punch won't reach her until you're somewhat close.

Sentinel's size makes it hard to get through all her projectiles being thrown at you while she'll just rush me down with healing field activated because of all the meter that's constantly being built by Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer.

Once I push block, she'll use Dante's Weasel Shot, use some projectiles, and then do some teleport mixups. It's pretty frustrating. lol

So far I'm using Zero/Morrigan/Sentinel but I might find a replacement for Morrigan.
Don't know if I should keep Morrigan for AAA purposes or find someone that'll help expand on Zero's OTG corner combos.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You can use Zero's OTG then dante's level 3. If you time it right did about more than half of ODIN's Dante's Life. As for a Thrid since you're using Zero/Sentinal try wesker or storm? Maybe even Trish.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You can use Zero's OTG then dante's level 3. If you time it right did about more than half of ODIN's Dante's Life. As for a Thrid since you're using Zero/Sentinal try wesker or storm? Maybe even Trish.
Yeah, I was thinking Storm. But Trish might actually work pretty well too now that I think about it.
Zero's otg DHCs into maximum spider for free.
I didn't mean his OTG super, but rather from his air dive. But now that you mention it, Spidey's assist might help him out along with giving Zero a good DHC.
I'll try giving that a go since I wanted to use Spidey like in MvC2.

Guess I'll mess around with Storm, Trish, and Spidey in that team after school.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yeah just mess around with teams and see what fits you best ^^, I already found my team. People say it's not like a good team but, Zero/Chris/Dante is pretty good. You just gotta know when to DHC's and etc.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Trying different teams to see what results I bring with them. I got specific characters I want to main. Overall those missions are quite annoying especially after level 7...geez...

Octave

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble figuring out my team.. I want to use Dormammu but I love and hate how he plays at the same time. Definitely want to use Taskmaster, and X-23 is a lot of fun, and so is Dante (as much as I don't want to be another Dante player.)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Once she's Dark Phoenix...
Here's the first part of the matchup that's important - don't let her transform. Practice your combos into snapbacks and try to play in such a way to bait your opponent into using meter. Always snapback to Phoenix first and Morrigan second. If you suspect that they'll start with Phoenix, use your best pressure character to get in and do a lot of damage. Zero could work well here since his smaller hitbox will give him an easier time getting around Phoenix's Bullet Hell mode. If Pheonix X-Factors, just wait it out. If you have your own X-Factor, you can probably turtle Pheonix enough that her X-Factor will stop and her Blood Kain will drain her life down to almost nothing so that you can chip her to death. For getting through her projectiles, Hyper Armor Hsien-Ko is probably the best, if you can keep her healthy. Haggar's assist could work if she's rushing you down, but idk how well a grapple character would do against her Bullet Hell.

She'll be in the air and Sentinel's Rocket Punch won't reach her until you're somewhat close.
Really? That's odd. Maybe try an upwards rocket punch or a different anti-air assist.

Sentinel's size makes it hard to get through all her projectiles being thrown at you while she'll just rush me down with healing field activated because of all the meter that's constantly being built by Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer.
This is starting to sound kinda like Sentinel vs Strider.

So far I'm using Zero/Morrigan/Sentinel but I might find a replacement for Morrigan.
Don't know if I should keep Morrigan for AAA purposes or find someone that'll help expand on Zero's OTG corner combos.[/color]
[/FONT]
Definitely keep an anti-air assist that has a lot of vertical range on your team. Dante comes to mind obviously but if you want some keep-away aspects of your team you could also run Dormammu. Morrigan could definitely still work though. Maybe you could even use Thor since his Mighty Smash OTGs and can be used as an anti-air.

Zero's otg DHCs into maximum spider for free.
Does Maximum Wesker get the same boost?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh, and I STILL haven't gotten my copy in the mail yet. Is anyone else who mail ordered having this problem? Or for that matter did anyone mail order besides me?

Top Bottom