• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
$130? Most sticks you can get for around $100. If you're paying more than $110 you're getting jacked. Depends on the stick though. I forget how much I paid for mine because I traded in my PSP and that paid for most of it. I think it was between $100 and $120 though.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
$130? Most sticks you can get for around $100. If you're paying more than $110 you're getting jacked. Depends on the stick though. I forget how much I paid for mine because I traded in my PSP and that paid for most of it. I think it was between $100 and $120 though.
TE sticks are usually $130-150

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
New DLC costumes (as in actual model swaps) on the way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWye50CwpWo
Classic Thor, Iron-Patriot for Iron-Man, Captain Steve Rogers, SF 1 Ryu, Dark Knight Sparda DMC 3 costume for Dante, and STARS Chris
SF1 Ryu is the best thing I have ever seen in my life.
For those of you playing this on stick, what is your button configuration?
L S A1
M H A2

I had H and S switched but I wasn't feelin it.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I love how you can can save multiple pre-set teams. I already have 2, Arthur/Dorm/MODOK and Zero/SheHulk/Sentinel.

Unsurprisingly I've seen a Dante on nearly every team online. Only seen 2 Sentinels though, and only 1Deapdool and Zero.

My only real complaint so far is that sometimes lag makes Dormammu do his teleport instead of Power of the whatever, so instead of firing meteors to keep my opponent away I just teleport into his face. :(

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
HOLY ****ING **** THIS GAME IS SO AMAZING AND FUN OH MY GOD ALFHASDFKLJASGDFKLJASHDF;

So. I really enjoy playing Spencer and Felicia, which is good because that's what I wanted. I MIGHT be playing Dante with those two or Taskmaster. Another team I had is Felicia/Dante/Phoenix, hyper charge works pretty good.

Also, Dark Phoenix's crouching light combos into itself when the opponent is cornered like, 15ish times. It was lol. Got my Touhou on.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sooo...many...dantes...zeros...and...ryus...aggghhh

New scrub technique. Runnaway the whole time and throw evertime someone gets close and run the timer out. It doesn't work but w/e.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
My copy still isn't here yet. :(

Sooo...many...dantes...zeros...and...ryus...aggghhh

New scrub technique. Runnaway the whole time and throw evertime someone gets close and run the timer out. It doesn't work but w/e.
How is that different from how scrubs play other fighting games? Other than a 1-button throw.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I finally got to play today, lol. It's really fun, even though I still suck at real fighters XD. I'm glad I played SSFIV a lot because it did help me (with execution), and I love how MvC's move execution is easy. The comboing is hard(of course), but I really wanna try and learn this D:.

So, I'm coming into this knowing nothing but I really wanna learn.

Anyways, Arcade is pretty cool. Galactus is pretty **** good. I'm also surprised at the amount of artwork and what not; it really took me by surprise.

On a final note, I have some really nooby questions that I can't figure out on my own, lol:

1) Will there be any basic outline eventually for building a team? Like I know you need characters that cover's each other's weaknesses, but I don't really know my character's weaknesses as the game just came out. (Using Spidey/Akuma/Zero) I just don't know where to start lol

2) I know to blocking you hold back(walking backwards) and diagnol(sp) back, but when I was fighting offline it seemed like characters had a blocking animation, and when I hit these buttons I don't get the animation. (Like Spidey had a web covering him, I didn't have that..)

Um..really that's it, and I have to say that PS3's R2/L2 buttons suck, making me love the fact I don't have to use them...

Lobos

Smash Master
Confirmed!

-PSN IDs-
Atlus8: Atlus8
DaiAndOh: DaiAndOh
disasterABDUL: disasterABDUL
ETWIST51294: Etwisst
Gates: RMG8S
GunmasterLombardi: nch2112
Hyper_Ridley: HyperRidley
kr3wman: SummerLullaby
Kuraudo: ShatteredSound
Jam Stunna: JamStunna
LivewiresXe: L-W-X
Lobos: lobos12
Minato: Izanagi_XIII
Octave: Octavize
pPp Suspect: Suspect0479
Raziek: Raziek_
Rutger: RutgerFE6
Ryu Shimazu: RyuShimazu
Sariku: FDSariku
YarsRevengerson: Yars_Revengerson

Installing now...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
While that completes the roster meaning no Venom, Doc Ock is pretty cool too.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Confirmed!

-PSN IDs-
Atlus8: Atlus8
DaiAndOh: DaiAndOh
disasterABDUL: disasterABDUL
ETWIST51294: Etwisst
Gates: RMG8S
GunmasterLombardi: nch2112
Hyper_Ridley: HyperRidley
kr3wman: SummerLullaby
Kuraudo: ShatteredSound
Jam Stunna: JamStunna
LivewiresXe: L-W-X
Lobos: lobos12
Minato: Izanagi_XIII
Octave: Octavize
pPp Suspect: Suspect0479
Raziek: Raziek_
Rutger: RutgerFE6
Ryu Shimazu: RyuShimazu
Sariku: FDSariku
YarsRevengerson: Yars_Revengerson

Installing now...
Add me. Herple-Derples

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I think right now from what I've seen and played so far....that X-23 is the best in the game.

You may disagree now, but if you fight a good X-23 player, you'll see why.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just reminding everyone that the front page has all the PSN IDs and XBOX Gamertags along with other info.
If you want your name on there and you have the game, just post your ID/Tag and I'll add it if it isn't already there.

Some questions and answers are on there as well. If anyone wants anything else added on the first post, let me know.

Lovage

Smash Hero
damn this game is freakin fun

sadly no places near my house have any SE's in stock, anyone know how to get one online for cheap?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just started playing twenty minutes ago. I can't do **** just yet.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've been getting time-outs because of my super-lame zoning team. :O

edit: I've been playing against my bf's X-23, and it's pretty decent, considering he practiced all day. I'm not saying that she's not good, but she's definitely not the best in the game.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Remember early builds where everyone was getting timeouts though?
I do but people weren't hitting combos back then. Now poeple got them combos down and *****s is BLEEDIN HARD. I watched that Yipes vid and he was talking about it and he was doing 60% Magneto combos like it was nothing. Now knowing how Magnetos not really easy to block 2 combos are gonna **** people up. Idk, maybe it's change and if it doesn't capcom'll change it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Some people are already talking about playing on a lower damage setting, I don't know if that will go anywhere though.

Top Bottom