• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
Lower damage scaling is almost certain to happen with the absurd damage output in this game. I just talked to my dad and his going to pick up my copy of MvC3 on Friday/Saturday. I would love for one of you guys here to teach me how be good at the game. I only know smash. My PSN is Savonthegreat

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I've been getting time-outs because of my super-lame zoning team. :O
**** yeah being lame.

Who are you using?

I do but people weren't hitting combos back then. Now poeple got them combos down and *****s is BLEEDIN HARD. I watched that Yipes vid and he was talking about it and he was doing 60% Magneto combos like it was nothing. Now knowing how Magnetos not really easy to block 2 combos are gonna **** people up. Idk, maybe it's change and if it doesn't capcom'll change it.
Yeah, that is a good point. I can see a patch for damage reduction coming soon, if they patch the game at all.

Some people are already talking about playing on a lower damage setting, I don't know if that will go anywhere though.
I know Yipes talked about playing at a 50% damage setting, but idk if you need to go that low. I think something more like 60-75% would be fine.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I do but people weren't hitting combos back then. Now poeple got them combos down and *****s is BLEEDIN HARD. I watched that Yipes vid and he was talking about it and he was doing 60% Magneto combos like it was nothing. Now knowing how Magnetos not really easy to block 2 combos are gonna **** people up. Idk, maybe it's change and if it doesn't capcom'll change it.
I don't know if you heard Yipes say, but he had to guess where his opponent was going to keep that combo going. The only reason it kept consistently working is because he was in training mode and they always recover the same direction so you can just continue it like nothing there. It's different vs real people where you have the option of recovering differently depending on what you think they'll do.

It works the same way with air tagging. If you guess the direction they'll try to hit you and press I believe special, then you basically burst and send them off you immeadiately ending it.

Lobos

Smash Master
Ive been using ammy, joe, and spider man all night....seems like I have my work cut out for me.

Also PS3 players lets get some lobbies going and use your mics!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
What, so you can DI out of Marvel combos now?

Yipes was talking about resets when he talked about predicting where people were and keeping things going.

Also,
http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-capcom-3-dlc-pricing-announcement-3635/
I'm glad that Jill and Shuma only cost $10 total, but at the same time I feel like I missed out on the special edition. Oh well.
Okay, and Taskmaster can do 60% by just going FORWARD + HEAVY, MEDIUM, MEDIUM, FORWARD + HEAVY, MEDIUM, MEDIUM, QCF + 2 ATTACKS.

Magneto is not even as broken as you can get when considering people like Taskmaster, and especially because he has a good amount more health then Mags. The game is meant to be easy as it is, if you watched the videos you hear Sanford and Yipes both say that the game is very very TvC like and anyone who was good at those will love MvC3 and be good at it. TvC is pretty basic and many many characters can do ****ed up ****. We've already figured out that how many characters have 60% or more combos? And Hulk's 100% is as easy as air combo into gamma crush, x-factor, gamma crush again and they die. What's my point in all of this? That Magneto is not nearly as broken as you probably think by watching that video(imo at least) and that the game is meant to be simple and do lots of damage.

To my knowledge they never toned down/damage scaled back for TvC, so why do it here when combo ability is pretty much identical?

Also, this game is very TvC-like? ...Looks like we'll have Marn being the best at yet another game.

But yeah I now remember he was talkin about resets as well lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ive been using ammy, joe, and spider man all night....seems like I have my work cut out for me.

Also PS3 players lets get some lobbies going and use your mics!
Add me and I'll join. I have no mic though...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What!? What the hell are you talking about? When did I ever say anything about Magneto or Taskmaster?

To my knowledge they never toned down/damage scaled back for TvC, so why do it here when combo ability is pretty much identical?
They didn't need to there. Matches didn't time out partly because only 2 characters were involved and partly because zoning wasn't as intense due to universally good mobility (iirc everyone except maybe the giants had 2 jumps and an airdash except Chun who had 3 jumps). There was also the burning of red life through Baroque which reduced recovery for everyone and made the average character's life shorter. MvC3 X-Factor is kind of the opposite of that since it gains red life back and in some cases increases defense. Supers and by correlation DHCs are also much better in MvC3 which means that it's a lot easier to get characters in and out.

Add me and I'll join. I have no mic though...
I don't have a mic either. You think we should denote on the list who has mics and who doesn't? Although I'm pretty sure headsets come packaged with 360s so maybe just on the PSN list.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
So, I'm super ultra lame at any sort of fighting game and I was wondering if there was a site with combooooos or some garbage. General tips from you guys also works just fine. :D

EDIT: If anybody cares to beat/teach me, my PSN is Hippwned

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm loving Deadpool/Dante right now. I'm stuck on finding a third...

I tried Wesker first. Not bad, but I suck with him. Chris is the same way. And I wasn't really able to try Taskmaster at all since my buddy wrecks faces with Super Skrull/Sent combo... T___T I can't even frakkin' move...

Advice good people of SWF?

EDIT: Oh, the wife is using Storm, Ammy, and Trish/Dante.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Right, now I'm trying out She-Hulk/Deadpool/Viper. I don't think Viper will work with those two though.

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
got this today, it's super awesome. I don't have much MvC experience though and am finding it hard to get button combinations down though, but I'll learn. Really digging Spidey/Deadpool, still looking for a 3rd character.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Does she [X-23] get a free lvl 3 after snapback/killing off a teammate?
You mean is there time to activate it or does she get 3 free meters?

THere's probably enough time to activate it.

Would raw LVL3 kill Phoenix?
No. Raw level 3 does 281K. Pheonix has 420K health.

I'm loving Deadpool/Dante right now. I'm stuck on finding a third...
Sentinel.

I tried Wesker first. Not bad, but I suck with him.
Sentinel.
Chris is the same way.
Sentinel.

And I wasn't really able to try Taskmaster at all
Sentinel.

since my buddy wrecks faces with Super Skrull/Sent combo... T___T I can't even frakkin' move...
Is this like a legit trap? Hmm, I may have to look into this.

Advice good people of SWF?
I'm honestly out of ideas as to who you could possibly use on your team.

Maybe Doom?

EDIT: Oh, the wife is using Storm, Ammy, and Trish/Dante.
And you were worried about Freenix.

Right, now I'm trying out She-Hulk/Deadpool/Viper. I don't think Viper will work with those two though.
Are you only using her for the overhead assist? Cause I think there's plenty of other characters who have overheads.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Alright after playing for like a week with some pretty good people. You may of saw some of them on the option-select stream. My opinion on top 5 is.

phoneix
zero
Doom
sentinal
Wesker

Maybe storm for sentinal.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Honestly phoneix is the gayest character ever. Put her as your third character. Have a really good point character supported by a good assist. Dark phoneix happens.

GG. Because now her she has ****ing two amazing fireballs and it was already stupid before. So as long as your playing correctly nobodys getting in on you.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I caved and decided to do Ranked on the first day... Does that make me a bad person? lol

My highlights of online today was making a person rage quit and beating Tatsu without losing a character.

And man, Sent is so godlike in level 3 X Factor. LOL

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Did he? I only remember him ever playing Fuerte.
As ETwist said, Viper and Fuerte are my favorite characters in SFIV and were the two characters that perked my interest in Street Fighter. However, before finally settling on a main, I also played Chun-Li (who was actually the first SF character I ever played) and Cammy and I'm on and off with Ibuki, but I might leave her to my little sister.

However, I only play Viper at a casual level. I'm looking to making her an on point character in this game. Currently, I'm looking at:

She-Hulk/Deadpool/Ammy and Viper/Hsien-Ko/???

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I caved and decided to do Ranked on the first day... Does that make me a bad person? lol

My highlights of online today was making a person rage quit and beating Tatsu without losing a character.

And man, Sent is so godlike in level 3 X Factor. LOL

Tatsu? Like, Vega Tatsu?

And the competition online is terrible. I'm like 16-2 or something.

Lovage

Smash Hero
been messing around in training mode, have any magneto players tried mixing in fly to j.D really quick? seems like a super fast overhead you could mix into your blockstrings or w/e

btw i'm definitely gonna have to block some people if i'm gonna check this thread a lot lmao

Top Bottom