• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Assist are Wesker and Zero.
You should be ok then. In fact you might not even need Chris at all.

Those do not back Chris up well at all in the slightest.
Yeah but Wesker and Zero are good enough on their own to compensate for Chris' weaknesses. His team won't be amazing or anything but it could still work on a basic level.

After watching Chris, I personally am convinced that Chris is the most Cable-like character in the game, but with even MORE tools.
You must not have played Cable that much then. Chris is a zoning character like cable, but he's very bad at controlling the air above him. Cable was great at this because he had a dragon punch that was also a projectile and he had [air] grenade traps to catch tri-dashers. There was also leg invincibility on AVB and AHVB that led to lots of fun shenanigans and ways to avoid damage. Speaking of AHVB, Chris has no equivalent to that. Other than having a gun, I don't see any similarities between Chris and Cable, and if a gun is all it takes than you might as well say that Wesker is like Cable.

Deadpool and Arthur are both more similar to Cable than Chris is. They're all zoning characters, but Deadpool and Arthur can control space most similarly to Cable. Arthur is also a meter hog like Cable was. Deadpool is too but to a much lesser extent. Chris doesn't have many uses for his projectile supers, no more so than the rest of the cast at least. He can't really punish with them which limits their use a lot.

That motherf***er is such a scrub at fighting games! Ask him how I f***ed him up at FFA in GG!

Edit- I think I once did after a Melee tourny back in 07!
FFA? In my GG?!

Get the **** outta here!!!

Lol Itsuka

That motherf***er is such a scrub at fighting games! Ask him how I f***ed him up at FFA in GG!

Edit- I think I once did after a Melee tourny back in 07!
I live in Watts.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You must not have played Cable that much then. Chris is a zoning character like cable, but he's very bad at controlling the air above him. Cable was great at this because he had a dragon punch that was also a projectile and he had [air] grenade traps to catch tri-dashers. There was also leg invincibility on AVB and AHVB that led to lots of fun shenanigans and ways to avoid damage. Speaking of AHVB, Chris has no equivalent to that. Other than having a gun, I don't see any similarities between Chris and Cable, and if a gun is all it takes than you might as well say that Wesker is like Cable.

Deadpool and Arthur are both more similar to Cable than Chris is. They're all zoning characters, but Deadpool and Arthur can control space most similarly to Cable. Arthur is also a meter hog like Cable was. Deadpool is too but to a much lesser extent. Chris doesn't have many uses for his projectile supers, no more so than the rest of the cast at least. He can't really punish with them which limits their use a lot.
Yeah, this is all completly true. Arthurs not very good at covering the soace above him either unless he uses golden axes though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, this is all completly true. Arthurs not very good at covering the soace above him either unless he uses golden axes though.
Yeah but he's better at it than Chris.

That's like saying a character has better rushdown than MODOK, but still.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You should be ok then. In fact you might not even need Chris at all.

Yeah but Wesker and Zero are good enough on their own to compensate for Chris' weaknesses. His team won't be amazing or anything but it could still work on a basic level.

If he's going to play Wesker and Zero he may as well swap Chris out for a better character all-around. I know you're saying on a basic level but still.

And....lol. Have you not seen Chris' flamethrower and him throwing out landmines? Haha, I mean yeah controlling space above him, not so great but considering his other zone tools, I'm saying he's most Cable-LIKE in the game. I guess you could consider Arthur to be more so than Chris but idk.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
And....lol. Have you not seen Chris' flamethrower and him throwing out landmines? Haha, I mean yeah controlling space above him, not so great but considering his other zone tools, I'm saying he's most Cable-LIKE in the game. I guess you could consider Arthur to be more so than Chris but idk.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CompletelyMissingThePoint

Yes I'ves seen his flamethrower. Yes I've seen his mines. So what? How many ways to control the ground do you need before it becomes excessive? Cable was good because he could control the ground and the air. If you lose out on one you're opening yourself up for a ton of people to come in on you with airdashes.

How much did you play Cable in MvC2? How much did you watch people play Cable in MvC2? How much did you play or watch MvC2 in general? Because you honestly seem like you have no idea what made him good.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^This

<-----Proud Strider main since MvC1

Capcom would make soooooo much money from DLC...
Don't play him in MvC 2 (strange considering I love Doom and Sent), but MvC 1 Strider Hiryu I'm all over.

It doesn't sit well with me that it's likely 90% of the people on Unity and Gamefaqs on DLC polls saying "HE NEEDED TO BE IN!!" probably can't play Strider at all...

Gates

Banned via Warnings

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I placed fourth at that tourney while playing on stick. I nearly got screwed in my second match because I accidentally picked Chun Li and the ******* tourney hosts wouldn't let me backtrack and pick someone else. Spamming kicks and supers and speaking Chinese really quickly allowed me to steal a win, though, so I'm good there. Kinda sad that I lost to a scrub who had Ryu/insert random character here/insert random character here and spammed Shinku Hadouken whenever he had meter. Denying me my (Gamestop) tourney glory.

However...

I promptly challenged the mother****ers that beat me in tourney to a few games where I had access to a pad. Needless to say, I destroyed the competition (all of whom, save one, played their matches on stick). First and second place politely declined my offer, as they had seen my handiwork and were like "dayummmmmm." :D It's a feather in my cap (against a buncha scrubs).

Edit: It was a good thing I already had my copy paid off.

Smooth Criminal

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I called my Wal-Mart and they said they had a tournament.
I went to it tonight and it turns out they lied.

Best Buy did this to me about the MvC3 full-demo kiosk too.

My only guess is that casual***s are effing ******** and easily confuse the word 'tournament' for 'release'. I'll tell you what though, I'm going to 'tournament' a lot of stress.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's Wal-Mart, what do you expect? The average IQ of a Wal-Mart employee is like 80. That's how corporate is able to cheat them out of benefits and get away with it, they're too dumb to blow the whistle.

I checked my email and my copy of the game atarted shipping last Thursday. I should be getting it today or tomorrow.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CompletelyMissingThePoint

Yes I'ves seen his flamethrower. Yes I've seen his mines. So what? How many ways to control the ground do you need before it becomes excessive? Cable was good because he could control the ground and the air. If you lose out on one you're opening yourself up for a ton of people to come in on you with airdashes.

How much did you play Cable in MvC2? How much did you watch people play Cable in MvC2? How much did you play or watch MvC2 in general? Because you honestly seem like you have no idea what made him good.
Cable was who I mained in MvC2. Watched him all the time because it's who everyone else in town also used. I've seen TONS of mvc2 matches of top players as it is.

I'm not the only one here thinking that about Chris btw. lol

I can't think of who to use for a team. Wesker is a definite I think, he's godlike. Now for others....

Octave

Smash Ace
I checked my email and my copy of the game started shipping last Thursday. I should be getting it today or tomorrow.
Mine has been in transit from Indiana for like 9 hours. I could get it today, potentially.. but either way other friends are getting it so I'll be playing it regardless.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Got my copy of the game, and someone came in dressed up like Morrigan. She was pretty attractive, but NONE of the guys looked away from the MVC3 demo to see her. So sad =/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's either a testament to just how good the game is or how pathetic these guys are.

I've been up until now (2:30 AM here) working on homework. I would've gotten the game already if it weren't for that.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm using what the first post says is the default.

L M H
S A1 A2

It's Type B in the config, but Type B add a couple macros on the L1 and L2 buttons. I shut those off.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
lol, Zero's moveset is nearly the same as his TvC counterpart xD
I want this game so bad :o
EDIT: M'kay, he has a less crappier Rekouha now and he has a new super? Looking at spotlight videos, seems fun

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Decided not to spend $130 on a stick for the 360. Spent $30 on a SFIV pad instead (http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-Fighter-FightPad-Xbox-360/dp/B0038KL24W) . Rejiggered my controls so they look like this:

A -> special
X -> weak
Y -> medium
B -> hard
LB (left button on this controller) -> A1
LT (right button on this controller) -> A2
RB (top right face button on this controller) -> W+M+H = dash macro
RT (bottom right face button on this controller) -> A1 + A2 = super macro

I'm still really bad though. I probably should have dumped some money on a stick but I just couldn't make myself do it until I find a new job.

Top Bottom