• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Think I'll just hit random select on my first game and that'll be my team.

Watch me get MSS or something.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey, O D I N, do you and your wife have games where the loser does the dishes or cooking? I'd love it if my wife did the same thing (not married BTW). That'd totally be our family game night.

I'm watching the videos on the SRK Wiki, and dammit, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. At first, I was concerned about She-Hulk's Runner's Stance, but I was worried over nothing. Then there's Viper who I just adore. Tron Bonne who looks cool as hell. Then there's sweet ol' Ammy who'll probably be on any team I make.

I might just go with

Viper/Ammy/Tron Bonne - VAT DA FAK?!
and
She-Hulk/Ammy/Hsien-Ko

God, I can't wait!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hey, O D I N, do you and your wife have games where the loser does the dishes or cooking? I'd love it if my wife did the same thing (not married BTW). That'd totally be our family game night.
No, that game is called, being married, and she's the boss. So what she says goes. ;)

Even if we played by your rules, I'd still lose. :<

True story, she taught me how to play Smash back in the day. Can still kick my *** too. Effin' Zelda man, it's a beast. (Yes, ZELDA, not Sheik).

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Damn...

Your wife is awesome.
Fixed. ;)

She's probably the coolest/nerdiest person I know. She got me into the world of comics, Gargoyles (yes, the amazing tv show from the 90s), different Conventions, concerts. She also got me into MvC2 (not competitively, just in general).

I think the only we thing we don't get along with all of the time is some music and some games.

But she's awesome.

AND SHE'S MINE.:mad::awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only reason I said "Gaming wise", is because I know next to nothing about your wife. I said that under the assumption I might or might not like her like you do. She does sound awesome though.

And Gargoyles is awesome.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
XD it turns out because we were scheduled for ridiculous hours at work this week we're going to the midnight launch. (I think) Kinda cool, but I have to work a 9hour shift before going, so I'll probably be too tired to care that much.

@ODIN, I know what you mean. My GF is hardcore into games (though, I must admit she doesn't care for fighting games) She's mostly into Adventure and RPG, but it's still a similarity. The only downfall is co-op Rpgs like Monster Hunter because when I mess up it's like the wrath of 5000 nags >_<;

Gates

Banned via Warnings
O___O GOD DAMN IT!!! Okay, this one I'm not showing to my wife. > >
QQ moar.

If your wife keeps beating you then just practice in secret with people who are about her level so you can get better and develop strategies to...this is going to sound bad out of context...beat your wife.

Viper/Ammy/Tron Bonne - VAT DA FAK?!
I gotta say, every time I see Tron in action I think of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptkn06cp9d4

And Morrigan's Astral Vision reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZxDNA2Iwhc

um yea, give up your man card now plz
He's married, he already did.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can't wait to see how Phoenix turns out later in MvC3. People are too scared to use her because of her health.
I'm sure she's going to be beastly once people figure out a team for her.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Is Storm's new super a level 3 guys? I hope not, because....

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Storm

Also, any Ammy players(this includes me :3) looking for some decent info on Ammy, this is on her srk wiki page.

"Amaterasu is one of the most versatile characters in the game. She can play any situation; rush down, run away, keep away, punishing, and has some of the best assists in the game as well. Much of the game's keepaway doesn't work on her, because she can simply crouch underneath any threat."

:3

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Is Storm's new super a level 3 guys? I hope not, because....

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Storm

Also, any Ammy players(this includes me :3) looking for some decent info on Ammy, this is on her srk wiki page.

"Amaterasu is one of the most versatile characters in the game. She can play any situation; rush down, run away, keep away, punishing, and has some of the best assists in the game as well. Much of the game's keepaway doesn't work on her, because she can simply crouch underneath any threat."

Oh wow. Man, just 1 day...

Minato

穏やかじゃない

I heard they got rid of her 8 way air dash from the earlier builds? Is that true?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, Ammy only has a 3-way air dash. I was able to play at my Best Buy earlier and that is the first thing I checked. :/

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Even if it was it doesn't matter because Hail Storm is better damage per meter usage and has more utility anyway.
Oh I know, but if you've seen some Wesker combos, he has extremely useful combos into his level 3. And I know her hail storm would be better as a whole anyways(especially considering I had used her a lot in matches) but still...to have your level 3 do LESS? Just sayin.

Also, you guys probably knew this but with Storm you can go into air combo, hit them down, then go into typhoon OTG -> hail storm. Works similar to Iron Man's smart bomb OTG into proton cannon.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh my god.

You can combo into Deadpool's taunt.

So happy right now.

Edit: It just occurred to me that Deadpool is the only Marvel character (except MAYBE Skrull) that I'm interested in.

Go figure.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
QQ moar..this is going to sound bad out of context...beat your wife.
I lol'd.

It's not a big deal for me to 'lose' to my wife. I think it's great, honestly. And more importantly, we have fun with it.

And I still have my man card, thank you very much. She'll have to pry that away from me from cold, dead hands.

:urg: ... Shutup. :-p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I took your advice, Iron Dragon. Team DDD (Dante/Deadpool/Dorm) is a go.

:D I finally sat down and practiced some stuff with Dorm. It all makes sense now. I wish (I ****ING WIIIIIIIISH) that the Liberation assist retained Creator/Destructor charges when you used it. I'd be making it rain (meteors) every single time the assist was available! Lol.

Smooth Criminal

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I took your advice, Iron Dragon. Team DDD (Dante/Deadpool/Dorm) is a go.

:D I finally sat down and practiced some stuff with Dorm. It all makes sense now. I wish (I ****ING WIIIIIIIISH) that the Liberation assist retained Creator/Destructor charges when you used it. I'd be making it rain (meteors) every single time the assist was available! Lol.

Smooth Criminal
Oh so after the the first time you use it as an assist it GOES AWAY? Or he just doesn't retain it at all when you switch out? That's interesting because I thought he did retain it but oh well.

For what you already have of your team btw I might suggest using Dark Hole as your assist since Dante already serves as a good(and probably better) AA assist.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh so after the the first time you use it as an assist it GOES AWAY? Or he just doesn't retain it at all when you switch out?
See the underlined text.

Yeah. If you get your charges, swap out, and then use the Liberation assist it'll do whatever you charged up. After that, though, you don't have Creator/Destructor charges anymore and you'll have to restock. He does retain the charges like normal, though, as long as you don't use 'em. The Liberation assist on its own (without the charges) actually isn't too bad. It's kinda like Haggar's lariat without the invincibility frames.

And yup, I have been using Dark Hole as my default assist. :D Pretty good for pressure and combo shenanigans.

Edit: I usually detest weeaboo-holes like Gaia, but I couldn't pass up Chibi Dorm. ****ing hilarious.

Smooth Criminal

Dam, so much Zero hate in his thread. Lol...ok

Just one thing, if you think people are scrubs for using Zero, I don't give a ***!

I've been waiting for Zero in vs game (Tatsunoko was meh) ever since I was 9 years old. I was a hardcore megaman fan since I was a toddler and I remember saying "I hope Zero is in Marvel vs Capcom 3". Ten years later, my wish has been granted, and I'll be damned if I didn't play with him.

Gameplay wise, he appears easy, but he is a glass cannon built ONLY for rush down. No good assist...Just ground rush with laugh normals. This game has characters that rush down but aren't even ment to play as such, so people need to stop derpin it up.

I love Zero no matter how easy everyone claims him to be. I'll stay with Zero and make it rain all day on *****es!

****** better recognize.

Zero for pres.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

Just one thing, if you think people are scrubs for using Zero, I don't give a ***!

I've been waiting for Zero in vs game (Tatsunoko was meh) ever since I was 9 years old. I was a hardcore megaman fan since I was a toddler and I remember saying "I hope Zero is in Marvel vs Capcom 3". Ten years later, my wish has been granted, and I'll be damned if I didn't play with him.

Gameplay wise, he appears easy, but he is a glass cannon built ONLY for rush down. No good assist...Just ground rush with laugh normals. This game has characters that rush down but aren't even ment to play as such, so people need to stop derpin it up.

I love Zero no matter how easy everyone claims him to be. I'll stay with Zero and make it rain all day on *****es!

****** better recognize.

Zero for pres.
His AA assist is no worse than Akuma or Ryu's shoryuken soo...his assist is fine haha.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

****** better recognize.

Zero for pres.
I've been waiting for Zero for a while too.

I'm certainly giving him a go when I get the chance. /brofist

But in the long run, I'm not sure who he's gonna fit on my team. /equips flame shield.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

****** better recognize.

Zero for pres.
Zero can't make it rain. Shut yo white *** up. Leave it to the black people. :cool:

And we just don't want to see Zero, Dante, Ryu, and Deadpool every other match. We never said they were easy.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've been hype for Zero before he was anounced.
Because you know, he had a pretty good chance of making it in anyways.

I only hate on Akuma.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, so I did myself a favor and watched the entire character basics section of SRK's Hyper Guide. I also found a lot of Marvel characters I'm interested in now.

With that in mind, my current list of characters I want to play:

Ammy
Arthur
Dante
Haggar
Morrigan
Wesker

Deadpool
Dormammu
Iron Man
Magneto
Spiderman