• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Octave

Smash Ace
I just want to know one thing for those who have played it: Can you put Air Dash on a button?

If you can't, then I'll be extremely disappointed. Using the shoulder button for airdash in TvC was one of my favorite things about the controls.
There's a universal dash command for ground and air, Light+Medium. I got to play it for like an hour last night but didn't see if there was a way to map it to one button specifically or not.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Rare footage of Minato actually angry.
lol I just don't think it's fair for people to judge a game that's technically not out to MvC2 which carries a lot of elements and combos from it's earlier games like XvsSF which is like 14 years of knowledge.
Me knows!

GG is

K S HS
P . D

With MvC3 I'm looking at!

M H A1
L S A2

Usually Gatling Combos in GG start from the bottom left with P so I'm gonna go with this!

MvC3 is gonna get most of the attention! No question that it's gonna happen! Whether or not people from the MvC2 community will retaliate is to be seen!
I can see Special in place of where Dust is though since they're pretty much the same, but that would feel kind of awkward then.
I'm probably going to stick with the default, it just seems easier that way with how the Magic Series is.

And Atlus's posts are pretty funny and entertaining if you read his posts while picturing the voice of MSHvSF lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think i'm going to use

L M A1
H S A2

or

L H A1
M S A2

And I always think of BILLY MAYS whenever I read Atlus's posts.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I didn't see Marn vs nerdjosh either, but I can guess what happened.

Marn does some Zero combos
Marn does some Dante combos
Marn taunts
Nerdjosh beats Marn a few games in a row
Marn says "oh ****" and gets worried
Marn puts down his alcohol and starts playing "for srs"
Marn random supers his way to the win
Marn stuffs his fat face with cake afterwards and drunk dials Justin Wong

EDIT: lol, Arthur/Storm/Sent is team ***. So true.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Unexpectedly played it again tonight.

Conclusion of tonight: It can be kind of hard to get in with Taskmaster, but once he does he has the most basic dumb combos ever. Use a projectile assist such as Magneto's since the disruptor is even better in this game and use spidey swing to do combos as Taskmaster. His launcher doesn't lead to any combos so everything is just with spidey swing. The catcher? Spidey swing is just --> + H. So a basic combo you can learn with him that does a good 50-60% to most characters is spidey swing, m, m, spidey swing, m, m arrow super that goes straight(qcf l + m) so...it's definitely pretty dumb.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Randomly entering in to add some input...

I know a friend that has a modded X-Box so...I've gotten a chance to play mvc3, but I'm just giving some input from my time playing.

My team that I enjoy right now is deadpool, felicia, and a third random (wolvie, wesker, or hsienko)

I've done at least some matches with every character and I can say that no character is bad or obviously overpowered. That being said some are good at rush while others can keep you away full screen with proper projectiles...

Freenix...Phoenix is a coin flip on that term, without lvl 5 meter ANY good combo will kill her, that said once she goes dark phoenix you will realize a few things:

1: upon dark phoenix activation she "bursts" and knocks you away from her, effectively putting you full screen.

2: as its known ALL attacks make fireballs or feathers that can hit you, its bullet hell for slow characters like Hulk or Haggar.

3: healing field absorbtion hyper makes it very difficult to see whats going so be wary of lows and overheads so be aware of it.

Also once you get used to characters learn to take advantage of KFC, grapplers are blessed with guard cancel KFC: thats right Thor gets in by letting you get in...just watch out for X-23 and Zero with fast multiple hitting normals.

Thats all I'll say atm, once you get the game I would advise doing characters training mission since it teaches you how moves work and what combos effectively, its like SF4's trials in terms of scaling of difficulty but BB's trials in the sense that some of the combos are usable AND effective.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I hate Felicia. My least favorite character BY FAR.

I mainly hate her because she's always taking spots away from the cool VS characters. Lei-Lei makes up for it though.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
I hate Felicia. My least favorite character BY FAR.

I mainly hate her because she's always taking spots away from the cool VS characters. Lei-Lei makes up for it though.
No love for the catgirl huh...well to each their own.

I've heard alot of people wanting other VS characters to show up like donovan or dmitri...

But MvC3 has characters that fill in that role...

Huitzil =Sentinel (more or less)

Pyron = Dark phoenix (not really but who needs that much fire)

Rikou...well...nobody likes him anyway

Give felica a shot you might enjoy her, she has some good things about her:

1) Agility, on the ground she is capable of amazing pressure with use of her special moves...not even counting assists and her kitten hyper.

2) Kitten Hyper, summon it out for 1 bar and have something to start combos, get out of being comboed, and have unblockable setups (little kitten awesome splash is an overhead)

3) Assists, okay she's not anywhere near doom's level of assist but her assists can be of value

Assist 1 (buckler sweep) hits low and otg's I believe and is pretty fast

Assist 2 (Sand kick) its a projectile...but I never used it since I'm more of a rush down playstyle

Assist 3 (Cat Spike) OVERHEAD and sufficient anti-air but the more valuable aspect is when it hits the opponent it causes them to bounce...this means if this lands during pressure you can launch into magic series air combo to whatever you want.:cool:

Don't forget her command dash either (AT + S) as she can go through projectiles and stay in while assists cover your approach.

Now that I think about it...I wouldn't mind seeing BB Hood, Jedah, or Lillith in mvc3 in the future, and maybe with 3 VS characters the series is getting revived, because SF4 just isn't aggro enough and links and Dp's with massive invin frames and easy reversals aren't for RTSD people anyway.

Suspect

Smash Hero
YES! IT DOES HAVE BLIND PICKS FOR ONLINE! no more scrubs waiting for you to pick your team, anyone who plays MvC2 online knows exactly what im talking about

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No love for the catgirl huh...well to each their own.

I've heard alot of people wanting other VS characters to show up like donovan or dmitri...

But MvC3 has characters that fill in that role...

Huitzil =Sentinel (more or less)

Pyron = Dark phoenix (not really but who needs that much fire)

Rikou...well...nobody likes him anyway

Give felica a shot you might enjoy her, she has some good things about her:

1) Agility, on the ground she is capable of amazing pressure with use of her special moves...not even counting assists and her kitten hyper.

2) Kitten Hyper, summon it out for 1 bar and have something to start combos, get out of being comboed, and have unblockable setups (little kitten awesome splash is an overhead)

3) Assists, okay she's not anywhere near doom's level of assist but her assists can be of value

Assist 1 (buckler sweep) hits low and otg's I believe and is pretty fast

Assist 2 (Sand kick) its a projectile...but I never used it since I'm more of a rush down playstyle

Assist 3 (Cat Spike) OVERHEAD and sufficient anti-air but the more valuable aspect is when it hits the opponent it causes them to bounce...this means if this lands during pressure you can launch into magic series air combo to whatever you want.:cool:

Don't forget her command dash either (AT + S) as she can go through projectiles and stay in while assists cover your approach.

Now that I think about it...I wouldn't mind seeing BB Hood, Jedah, or Lillith in mvc3 in the future, and maybe with 3 VS characters the series is getting revived, because SF4 just isn't aggro enough and links and Dp's with massive invin frames and easy reversals aren't for RTSD people anyway.
I never like felicia, EVER. Now i agree with putting her in over demitri (because he's boring), Lilith (because she's boring), and Victor (he really doesn't fit) but everyone else >>>>>>.

Especially Jedah and Anakaris.

And you can RTSD in SSF4, there's just a very small amount of characters you can do it with. Viper, Bison, Yun, Rufus, Abel, Seth, Makoto, and Guy. I actually quit Cody because i could't RTSD with him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That combo Marn did at the end of the part 1 video was so vicious and gdlk.
I ****ing hate Zero's level 3. It's such a scrubby get-out-of-jail-free super - startup is almost instant, range is ridiculous, it's one hit so it'll barely get damage scaled at all, and it does like half of Sentinel's health.

I'm not surprised Marn won though. Nerdjosh was playing terribly the whole time and his meter management was atrocious. I criticize Marn a lot for being too conservative with his meter, but Josh just spams it like a Scrub. YOU CAN'T DO THAT ****, ARTHUR IS NOT CABLE.

And you can RTSD in SSF4AE, there's just a very small amount of characters you can do it with. Viper, Bison, Yun, Yang, Rufus, Abel, Fei, Adon, Cammy, Seth, Makoto, and Guy. I actually quit Cody because i could't RTSD with him.
1/4 the cast = very small?

Atlus8

Smash Master
I ****ing hate Zero's level 3. It's such a scrubby get-out-of-jail-free super - startup is almost instant, range is ridiculous, it's one hit so it'll barely get damage scaled at all, and it does like half of Sentinel's health.
I think his lvl 3 super is fine! It just so happens to do so much damage in the vid because he XFC (**** all who say KFC) into it! Now that I think about it, a lone lvl 3 super doesn't do as much damage as I think it did! I like that!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm pretty sure Zero's level 3 is not that strong.
Hell, it's supposed to be one of the weakest.

Zero isn't looking that godlike right now anyways, so a good, safe level 3 isn't too bad.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
It is all about Rikou gtfo.

Also , Zero is extremely basic and hella good.

And no even without X-Factor I'm pretty sure Zero's level 3 does good damage. He's a really good character. Pair him up with Ammy's Cold star assist and you'll **** everything.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
YES! IT DOES HAVE BLIND PICKS FOR ONLINE! no more scrubs waiting for you to pick your team, anyone who plays MvC2 online knows exactly what im talking about
I wait for the other person to choose because I want to know if they want to do low tiers or god tiers. It's innocent I tells you.

I think his lvl 3 super is fine! It just so happens to do so much damage in the vid because he XFC (**** all who say KFC) into it! Now that I think about it, a lone lvl 3 super doesn't do as much damage as I think it did! I like that!
+rep

NC has the in-joke about destroying Keits (he coined the KFC term, right?). It apparently started when a TvC player in NC discovered Smurving (You jump cancel the dash and dash cancel the pre-jump frames to dash across the screen almost instantly; character-specific). Keits argued that it should be called Wavedashing because it kinda is, except it kinda isn't either and Wavedashing already exists. Arguments later, Keits plain edits the thread title, "It's called Wavedashing, that's final." The OP changes the thread to call it the ****-Keits Dash.

We call XFC the ****-Keits Cancel.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, even without KFC it does a ton of damage. It is one of the less damaging level 3s, but it's also the fastest and has the largest hitbox. It's just ********.

Pair him up with Ammy's Cold star assist and you'll **** everything.
See, I'm still not on board with Cold Star as an assist. I think I might try Bloom first over it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
idk if he's TOO powerful, I just don't like that he's in the game. He's like the one character I have objections to being in here.

NC has the in-joke about destroying Keits (he coined the KFC term, right?). It apparently started when a TvC player in NC discovered Smurving (You jump cancel the dash and dash cancel the pre-jump frames to dash across the screen almost instantly; character-specific). Keits argued that it should be called Wavedashing because it kinda is, except it kinda isn't either and Wavedashing already exists. Arguments later, Keits plain edits the thread title, "It's called Wavedashing, that's final." The OP changes the thread to call it the ****-Keits Dash.

Keits didn't start it but this story is hilarious.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
+rep

Nah, Keits didn't make KFC. Someone literally said "lets call it KFC for the lulz" on SRK like two months after the game was announced.
It's ****ing gay.

I'm not surprised Marn won though. Nerdjosh was playing terribly the whole time and his meter management was atrocious. I criticize Marn a lot for being too conservative with his meter, but Josh just spams it like a Scrub. YOU CAN'T DO THAT ****, ARTHUR IS NOT CABLE.
****ing THIS. Yes you can chain GBs into each other like AHVB BUT you at least have to combo into it first. he was just throwing that **** out randomly. Plus he was doing it with 1 or 2 bars.

1/4 the cast = very small?
i wasn't talking about AE but i totally forgot about Cammy. Fei DEF isn't RTSD. adon isn't really either. Yang can, that's true, some just choose not to.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Cold Star is good for keeping the pressure on and is nice because it catches other assists before they catch you generally.

Also, I may have already said this but I'll say it again. I'm pretty sure Haggar CANNOT be hit during the actual lariat of his assist, only AFTER he finishes it and is standing there posing.

Magneto's zoning game is overall better than his rushdown game. Sentinel is really stupid in X-Factor and you'll eternally hate anyone who does so.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i can't see Mags being a zoning character for long. His zoning is very 1-dimensional.

Lei-Lei's ammored pendilum assist is ********. Best assist. You can't stop her from covering THE ENTIRE SCREEN.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Nah, Keits didn't make KFC. Someone literally said "lets call it KFC for the lulz" on SRK like two months after the game was announced.
The way I heard it, someone's exact post after reading the term XFC was "I misread this as KFC, darn me for being black lmao" and people went with it after that.

Yes you can chain GBs into each other like AHVB
Wait, what? Really? Without KFC? I'll have to look into this.

i wasn't talking about AE but i totally forgot about Cammy. Fei DEF isn't RTSD. adon isn't really either. Yang can, that's true, some just choose not to.
Well you mentioned Yun, so I assumed you were. And yeah, I guess Fei and Adon are more like footsies characters.

Cold Star is good for keeping the pressure on and is nice because it catches other assists before they catch you generally.
So it's basically just good for blockstun and countering other assists? That still seems a little underwhelming. I know it's not an overhead or a low either. Does it OTG?

Also, I may have already said this but I'll say it again. I'm pretty sure Haggar CANNOT be hit during the actual lariat of his assist, only AFTER he finishes it and is standing there posing.
I think that was confirmed somewhere.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The way I heard it, someone's exact post after reading the term XFC was "I misread this as KFC, darn me for being black lmao" and people went with it after that.
Yeah, it was Jocelot. Then people clowned him because he's the non-blackest black person on SRK.

Wait, what? Really? Without KFC? I'll have to look into this.
Yep. at least according to someone on SRK. I hope it's true.

Well you mentioned Yun, so I assumed you were. And yeah, I guess Fei and Adon are more like footsies characters.
Opps, my bad. Stupid me.

Does it OTG?
No.

Top Bottom