• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
/throws a curveball, something that's not Zero

I'm actually really interested to see how Spidey is. Think you can take a crack at him and see?
I'm pretty scared of Spidey. He has what looks like crazy pressure, that webzip looks good. I think he's too fast and technical for me though. I think he'll be underrated for a while.

My team is looking like Wesker(?)/Dorm (B)/Doom (B).

Yo Hidden Missiles....why lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
DaiAndOh, how many Hidden Missiles can you launch at once? I know the assist version does like 4.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty scared of Spidey. He has what looks like crazy pressure, that webzip looks good. I think he's too fast and technical for me though. I think he'll be underrated for a while.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. He's going to be good but hard to use.
Web Zip and him being able to attack out of Web Swing is really nice.

He can also probably take really good advantage of the hitstun decay if he can constantly combo them just above the ground since he can just Ultimate Web Throw when the hitstun on the moves wear thin.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I played this today for hours.

Some things: everyone out here is using X-23, and for good reason, she is an absolute monster. She doesn't have an airdash but she doesn't even need it when she can get to you and the other side of you in no time at all.

Good luck getting in on Arthur. Doom's Rocks are still his best assist and my brother was doing sick **** using Haggar's lead pipe in the air with Doom rocks to approach people. Also, Haggar does MONSTROUS damage and doesn't seem as slow as many bulky characters because he has nice ways to get in. His assist is also definitely Psylocke-esque and you can't hit him DURING the actual lariat it seems but only after it when he stands there and poses.

Storm's Hail Storm does an un-neccesarily large amount of chip damage and there is even less lag time between when one ends and when you can do another, if you have 3 meters and even if your opponent just blocks all 3 they'll probably take a good 35% or more life. Also, I know assist characters take double damage, and that Arthur has low health but I was playing a guy and I hail stormed as he called out Arthur(who was at full health) and it killed his Arthur so...yeah. Storm def looks like the best of the returning big MvC2 3.

No one used Magneto. No one used Phoenix. No one used Taskmaster or Tron Bonne either really. Wesker's maximum wesker super is dumb and kind of spammable because though it has some recovery lag, he usually lands too far from you to be able and go and punish him, plus it does good chip. Zero probably has the best rushdown game of anyone out there.

I know I'm forgetting some things, I'll try to post more when I wake up and can remember.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Still gonna wait for Tuesday despite everyone and their grandma having it.

...Unless I can get a copy tomorrow.
Oh I don't own it it was just a local place that's basically our local fighting game community had it. Either way it was a lot of fun. Controls are a bit difficult at first but fun once you get used to them.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I pre-ordered the SE one, does anyone know when Jill and Shuma will be available for download? Whats the deal with that?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The 70$ dollar edition I ordered is supposed to come with the DLC, so I imagine they will release it fast,

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Shuma and Jill will be available exactly one month from the game's release date.

Buying the SE more or less ensures that you get those two characters when they're released as DLC.

Also, hype. Cannot wait to play this ish on Monday. My local Gamestop's putting it on demo from 6pm and beyond. Seeing as how I have the day off of work, it's safe to say that I'll be heading over there during the evening hours and getting my MAHVEL on. Hopefully I can win that midnight release tourney.

Sucks that my Valentine's like three thousand miles away, otherwise I'd be spending the day with her. But, hey. EAST COAST BABY PHILLY WEA U AT.

Edit: I would also like to mention that I am very proud of my local Gamestop. They could have done this tourney **** with the default 'pads for whatever console they're running this on (like they did with SF4 and SSF4), but they're actually going to be using sticks. The sticks may not be top quality, sure, but they are sticks nonetheless and I can't see myself playing this game on 'pad (not forever, anyway).

Smooth Criminal

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Really? That sucks, but oh well. I only wanted the SE because of the free comics. Do I get some code or something that will give me the dlc a month from now?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I believe that is the case, yes. Not one hundred percent sure on whether it's a code or not, but that seems to be the most logical thing.

I'm also kind of like you in the fact that I wanted the free comics too, Ryu. The only difference is that I wanna see just how hard Marvel is failing nowadays. Lol.

Edit:

This just in:

http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us

Front page, where it showcases the special edition's contents. There's an insert in there with Jill and Shuma's pic on it; there's likely a code that you enter on that thing. Now I'm ninety-nine point nine (nine nine nine nine nine) percent sure. Lol.

Smooth Criminal

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I believe that is the case, yes. Not one hundred percent sure on whether it's a code or not, but that seems to be the most logical thing.

I'm also kind of like you in the fact that I wanted the free comics too, Ryu. The only difference is that I wanna see just how hard Marvel is failing nowadays. Lol.

Edit:

This just in:

http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us

Front page, where it showcases the special edition's contents. There's an insert in there with Jill and Shuma's pic on it; there's likely a code that you enter on that thing. Now I'm ninety-nine point nine (nine nine nine nine nine) percent sure. Lol.

Smooth Criminal
and you also have that interview where Seth said "you'll get a code that will unlock the characters a month after the game comes out" that he did like a month and a half ago. >_>

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Man why are combos so easy in this? Especially continuing them in the air with the whole press left x or down x when you wanna switch in mid combo with the other characters

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Man why are combos so easy in this? Especially continuing them in the air with the whole press left x or down x when you wanna switch in mid combo with the other characters
Reducing the tech barrier isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol why did the guy at gamestop tell me that deadpool, iron man, doom, and sentinel were dlc and can only be gotten if I preorder or buy for $15........

Gates

Banned via Warnings
To scam you out of your money because he thought you were dumb.

Either that or Gamestop employees don't actually know much about games or only know about certain games.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
To YOU. As long as it isn't brawl level ********-person-can-play-this easy I'll give it a try. Easy games are just boring imo (I'm talkin execution btw).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
There are no shortcuts. ^_^

Short cuts didn't even piss me off because the made inputs easy, they pissed me off because they would **** up your inputs during combos.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
There are no shortcuts. ^_^

Short cuts didn't even piss me off because the made inputs easy, they pissed me off because they would **** up your inputs during combos.
YESSSSS. its not that the inputs are easy, its that they're so easy that they mess up anything that may seem a bit complicated.

also

this wesker is ridiculous.

how do you block that super where he goes all over the screen like that? it looks like someone tried to block it but got crossed up by it.
also that counter he does towards the end was kind of late, is the input for that going to be that lenient?

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol etwist it's something most of us realized a while ago, there'll never be another mainstream melee, mvc2 or guilty gear caliber game again.

no **** game developers are gonna reduce technical barriers to games
make money money go SHOPPING

btw im stoked for this ****

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
GET READY FOR THE ATTACK OF THE DANTES. YOU KNOW WHAT? Who the **** ISN'T playing dante?

edit:^^ who else is playing wesker besides me and him on SWF?

Top Bottom