• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
just got back from playing it. long story short...its kinda weird >_> and I hate the controls.
Out of curiousity did you ever play TvC? I loved TvC's controls and I used a classic to play it (yeah I was the only one at the tournament that played with a classic... and won a few with it too :D). I have an absolute loathing for the PS3 controller's R2/L2 shoulder buttons so I just hope MvC3 doesn't use them very much.

As long as I can put my airdash on R1 and input supers with the face buttons (without reverting to awkward claw movements like in MvC2 for PS3) then I think I can deal with the controls.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
this was probably already answered but does anyone know if the japanese to english voices switch will be like SSFIV where you can choose which character speaks in which language?
Yeah, you can individually choose which voice you want for each individual Capcom character.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't see the problem with the controls. At first I was used to MvC2's layout, but I adjusted to it quickly midmatch.

@Lythium: There's nothing really to expect. On a stick, top three buttons are attacks while the bottom row are Special, Assist 1, and Assist 2.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't see the problem with the controls. At first I was used to MvC2's layout, but I adjusted to it quickly midmatch.

@Lythium: There's nothing really to expect. On a stick, top three buttons are attacks while the bottom row are Special, Assist 1, and Assist 2.
Cool, thanks.

That's kinda what I thought, but you never know. :embarrass:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Out of curiousity did you ever play TvC? I loved TvC's controls and I used a classic to play it (yeah I was the only one at the tournament that played with a classic... and won a few with it too :D). I have an absolute loathing for the PS3 controller's R2/L2 shoulder buttons so I just hope MvC3 doesn't use them very much.

As long as I can put my airdash on R1 and input supers with the face buttons (without reverting to awkward claw movements like in MvC2 for PS3) then I think I can deal with the controls.
You might be able to have a one-button dash but I'm not sure. And I agree, the PS3 shoulder buttons are ***.

How's med school going?

Controls are ****ing annoying but after like 5 games I got used to it tho.
You can actually set controls to be nearly identical to MvC2.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
As generic as it is, I really like Jill's theme.

Also, this next week without the game is probably going to kill me ;_;

I noticed a rather large PSN list, has anyone organized an XBL one? I'll start if it hasn't >_>

XBL: Dazwa

Holy **** it's SamuraiPanda!

Holy ****!

Lobos

Smash Master
Actually, here is the updated list so far

PSN List

Lobos = lobos12
pPp Suspect = Suspect0479
Sariku = FDSariku
Raziek = Raziek_
LivewiresXe = L-W-X
Gates = RMG8S
Jame Stunna = JamStunna
ETWIST51294 = Etwisst
GunmasterLombardi = nch2112
YarsRevengerson = Yars_Revengerson
Ryu Shimazu = RyuShimazu
kr3wman = SummerLullaby
Octave = Octavize
disasterABDUL = disasterABDUL

Got my tax return early so I will be getting this day one!

Octave

Smash Ace
I got my stick! I realized as soon as I got it that I didn't bring any fighting games to campus LOL.

Fortunately there's a MvC2 demo on PSN that I can figure out a feel for how I want to hold the joystick. (yes I'm aware the controls are different in 3)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How would you all set your controls for a stick?

Mine was weird I guess..

Mvc2

LP, RP, Assist 2
LK, RK, Assist 1
Although I don't know what R stands for, your setup is almost right.
Just put Assist 1 on top and 2 on the bottom and then it's how MvC2's default control scheme is.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Oh I ment HP and HK. Lolz my tekken just interfered.

I put it that way cause.

My assist one is usually CapCom
and my assist two is Cyclops

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Alright, got that X-men MvC2 trophy! I went with 3 Cables and just camped the CPU to heck and back xD. I got an epic finish on Abyss with triple HVB.

I heard that some Best Buys have a demo of the game. I'm gonna check the one near me tommorow and if they have it I'll try to get some impressions.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Alright, got that X-men MvC2 trophy! I went with 3 Cables and just camped the CPU to heck and back xD. I got an epic finish on Abyss with triple HVB.

I heard that some Best Buys have a demo of the game. I'm gonna check the one near me tommorow and if they have it I'll try to get some impressions.
Here, I'll help assist your search.

Only certain Best Buys have it. You have to check their site.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&p=[promotion,+synonymns]&pu=defaultusr&pt=1295157601

Top Bottom